HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM 6 - 1/31/13 New York Islanders at Your New Jersey Devils - 7pm

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 01:39 PM
OOOOIIIO
Binary

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
hey! what a reasonable lineup! everyone playing in their natural position??? what a concept!! while others ruin gym socks over a PPG, we can always hope for a better tomorrow
Do you realize how much transition there is from left wing to right wing during the game? Sure, he lines up at right, but you move to the open ice. He will get his shots from the left...

Look at the first goal of the season... Kovy lined up RW, look were he passed from... LW...

Old
01-31-2013, 01:44 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

i included the link to a similar youtube video. he does tremendous things when he can find open ice on the left...no argument...so how about we...(hushed silence) leave him there?

howsaboutthis: can someone please explain to me the benefit of having him at RW? please? if i hear a reasonable argument i'll give in

Old
01-31-2013, 01:49 PM
RNCDevil

Quote:
i included the link to a similar youtube video. he does tremendous things when he can find open ice on the left...no argument...so how about we...(hushed silence) leave him there?

howsaboutthis: can someone please explain to me the benefit of having him at RW? please? if i hear a reasonable argument i'll give in
The argument put forth by Oates for the Kovy and Ovy experiments was to play in a position where they would be on their forehands, facing the puck more often, if I am not mistaken.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:51 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Let's go Albany

Quote:

I posted this earlier but I remember reading a few weeks ago that the staff likes to keep him at right wing so he can see the ice better, since he's a right-handed shot. I assume that since he's able to see more of the ice/play, he's more capable of making offensive and defensive plays.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:54 PM
Bleedred
Cuomo for head coach

Just beat the Isles tonight. I don't see them making the playoffs and continuing to play this well. So this is one of the teams we have to take care of.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:56 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNCDevil View Post
The argument put forth by Oates for the Kovy and Ovy experiments was to play in a position where they would be on their forehands, facing the puck more often, if I am not mistaken.

im not going to post kovy's stats pre-devils compared to now, because i know i'll get his minus rating thrown in my face (except in NJ he's much more defensively responsible). but if you're saying the reason is adam oates, then...idk what to tell you. talk about hitching your wagon to a dumb***. i think i'd trust kovys instincts over adam oates.

after reading that, before i press submit, i want to make it clear that i think youre probably right. it obviously started with AO. what im saying is, time to try LW again. the big argument last year, and it was a valid one, was 'lets not upset our pretty boy UFA'. kovy, without blinking, went to RW and has performed well there. just well. now, the pretty boy went and got paid, and what does kovy get on his return for his teamwork and cooperation? bubkis.

im pretty sure if we see kovy on the LW for 3 games in a row, absolutely nobody on this board will disagree with my POV. but its unlikely thatll happen...so yeah we'll just make the most of it.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:58 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Just got my new laptop. We'll win.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:07 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Let's go Albany

Rich Chere @Ledger_NJDevils
Devils officially activate Adam Henrique.

Chere making him sound like some sort of cyborg haha

Old
01-31-2013, 02:35 PM
Bondys Champagne
Who dey

Quote:

He was Top 10 (Top 5?) in points last season while being considered at least average defensively (which is pretty awesome for Kovy) playing on the right side. He is now PPG while being on the ice for ONE goal against in five games, playing on the right side. We were a SCF team with Kovy switching from the left to the right. I'm indifferent on him playing left or right, because I think he matured in a way where I'd think that he is solid defensively even on the left side, BUT - why do you want to mess with something that CLEARLY worked out for us? I don't know, it's just a little bit random in my eyes. We have problems with our forward core but Kovy on the right side isn't one of them.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:42 PM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
I'm forked

vCash: 425
Remember when we had too many top 6 LWs - Tedenby, Parise, Elias and Kovy... oh those were the days.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Old
01-31-2013, 02:47 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dutch View Post
He was Top 10 (Top 5?) in points last season while being considered at least average defensively (which is pretty awesome for Kovy) playing on the right side. He is now PPG while being on the ice for ONE goal against in five games, playing on the right side. We were a SCF team with Kovy switching from the left to the right. I'm indifferent on him playing left or right, because I think he matured in a way where I'd think that he is solid defensively even on the left side, BUT - why do you want to mess with something that CLEARLY worked out for us? I don't know, it's just a little bit random in my eyes. We have problems with our forward core but Kovy on the right side isn't one of them.
again...as my argument will always be- thats all well and nice. but he can do more on the LW, i ****ing promise you that. i've followed his career since a few years after he was drafted. i know him, and i love him. but i wanna see beast mode kovy

Old
01-31-2013, 02:49 PM
SteveCangialosi123

I wouldn't object to putting Kovy at lw especially if we acquire a top 6 rw, but there's no reason we NEED to do it. It ain't that big a deal. Mind blowing that people are ****ing their pants over this nonissue. He's elite no matter which side he's on, cool it guys.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:50 PM
Devils Insiders

Puck drop is 3+ hours away...get set for tonight's game with our Pregame Primer from Jeff O'Connor. Time to Rock The Rock!

http://wp.me/p347yn-fj

Old
01-31-2013, 02:51 PM
Puck Farise

Quote:
again...as my argument will always be- thats all well and nice. but he can do more on the LW, i ****ing promise you that. i've followed his career since a few years after he was drafted. i know him, and i love him. but i wanna see beast mode kovy
Ignoring the 05-06 season that saw everyone put up ridiculous numbers, the best season he had was 08-09. Where he put up roughly 1.15 ppg. Last season he put up roughly 1.07 ppg. Such a drop off.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:54 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 118
If his center is also right handed, then Kovy should be on the left so he can fire one-timers.

If he's on the right side, he should be with a lefty center that they can feed passes to his forehand.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:55 PM
Bondys Champagne
Who dey

Quote:
I REALLY understand what you mean and Kovy in Beast mode is awesome to watch but I guess that is not the Kovy the Devils want on their team. I don't know how to put it but since he arrived in New Jersey he got DEVIL'D by Lou, Lemaire & Co. and this is how the Devils are. Be sound defensively, that's always Nr. 1. And Kovy bit into that system. I know what you mean, that you want the flashy Kovy etc. But most here and the coaching staff are even more impressed by a Kovy that puts up a PPG while being good defensively and even contribute on the PK. And he learned it while being on the right side.

I'd take a 35g 45a Kovy, who is good defensively over a 40g 50a Kovy who often is a liability on the ice. But that's my opinion. It just happened that the coaching staff likes the first Kovy better, too.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:58 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

i give up all. toodles! LGD!!!!!!!!!!

Old
01-31-2013, 03:00 PM
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

Henrique!

Old
01-31-2013, 03:02 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog172430 View Post
Henrique!
IT'S OVER!!!!

Welcome back to both Adams, see if one of them can make an impact tonight!!!

Old
01-31-2013, 03:12 PM
hlaverty06

Not thrilled Larsson in for Fayne but I think it should be great to see him

Old
01-31-2013, 03:17 PM
DevilsAnimal*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique Iglesias View Post
Rich Chere @Ledger_NJDevils
Devils officially activate Adam Henrique.

Chere making him sound like some sort of cyborg haha
Or you know

activating him off IR

Old
01-31-2013, 03:19 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

According to NHL.com, Larsson is also making his debut tonight in place of Mark Fayne, who they label as injured.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:21 PM
Cheddabombs
Status Quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
Not thrilled Larsson in for Fayne but I think it should be great to see him
If he really is nursing an injury, he's the obvious choice to sub out. Even if the injury is nothing significant and he could play through it, it just makes more sense for him to come out of the lineup. Larsson is more than ready for action and there's no reason to risk further injury.

I'm not expecting much from Henrique tonight, but I think Larsson could have a huge game. Whether he puts points on the board or not, if he plays like a rock on defense and can generate some scoring chances I'll be pleased. I'm just so excited both of them are back, should be a great game!

Go Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
01-31-2013, 03:42 PM
Bleedred
Cuomo for head coach

The Devils quite regularly come out and have a dud against the Isles. After losing back to back in OT I expect a big effort tonight.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:18 PM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
The Devils quite regularly come out and have a dud against the Isles. After losing back to back in OT I expect a big effort tonight.
Huh?

The Isles haven't beaten you guys in what seems like forever.

Closed Thread