HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston Bruins v. Buffalo Sabres - 1/31/13 - 7PM EST - NESN (TV), 98.5 FM (Radio)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2013, 03:18 PM
  #251
TheSeguinEra2010*
 
TheSeguinEra2010*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Amesbury, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 474
vCash: 500
Looks like Claude is trying to get somewhat of a spark from the third line by promoting Paille. I like this move Paille has been playing with a lot of energy to begin the season.

TheSeguinEra2010* is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:19 PM
  #252
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,607
vCash: 500
I have officially reached the point in the day where I'm done.

Is it hockey time yet?

Kate08 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:21 PM
  #253
ronwm
Registered User
 
ronwm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: (South of) Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I have officially reached the point in the day where I'm done.

Is it hockey time yet?
You're a better person than I. I had reached that point when I got in to work this morning.....

ronwm is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:21 PM
  #254
Pie O My
Registered User
 
Pie O My's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shawmut Center
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeguinEra2010 View Post
Looks like Claude is trying to get somewhat of a spark from the third line by promoting Paille. I like this move Paille has been playing with a lot of energy to begin the season.
love the kids spunk and "compete level" but I wish he didn't have hands of stone.

Pie O My is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:21 PM
  #255
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky
 
Ference the Finger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Just North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 7,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I have officially reached the point in the day where I'm done.

Is it hockey time yet?
What took you so long? Not hockey time yet, but always time to talk about it here!

Ference the Finger is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:21 PM
  #256
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL
 
VeddarRants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 12,522
vCash: 500
Having another guy who's big and not afraid to fight in MacD makes the Bruins roster look untouchable in terms of willing pugilists. Lane's an average fighter, but he has NHL ability IMO to carve out a Jeremy Reich like run in terms of being counted on to do more than just fight. I'm pretty sure Lane does PK duty in the minors, like Reich did for us in his last season here.

Chara
Thornton
Lucic
McQuaid
Campbell
MacD

Nearly every shift we'll have someone either on the blueline or forward who can throw down. Love it.

VeddarRants is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:22 PM
  #257
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
Gerbe's probably a better fighter than Ott.
Ott has scrapped with some decent scrappers but has often done so in the typical Ott jackwagon way...when he's fresh on a shift and the other is on the tail end kinda craparoo.

There's picking your spots in the context of a game, then there's picking your spots as to the timing that best gives you the advantage such as the example I used.

None of us forget his act a few years ago at the garden, turning down anyone and everyone after each DB move he made.

Ya wanna be a crud disturber fine, but be one who'll drop em like a man, not cherry picking spots

ODAAT is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:23 PM
  #258
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL
 
VeddarRants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 12,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeguinEra2010 View Post
Looks like Claude is trying to get somewhat of a spark from the third line by promoting Paille. I like this move Paille has been playing with a lot of energy to begin the season.
Paille deserves the promotion. There's no way they could continue to justify letting Bourque get more ice-time than Paille.

VeddarRants is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:24 PM
  #259
Pie O My
Registered User
 
Pie O My's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shawmut Center
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Ott has scrapped with some decent scrappers but has often done so in the typical Ott jackwagon way...when he's fresh on a shift and the other is on the tail end kinda craparoo.

There's picking your spots in the context of a game, then there's picking your spots as to the timing that best gives you the advantage such as the example I used.

None of us forget his act a few years ago at the garden, turning down anyone and everyone after each DB move he made.

Ya wanna be a crud disturber fine, but be one who'll drop em like a man, not cherry picking spots
see now this is why I was never comfortable with having "The Rat" on the B's in the 80's.

Pie O My is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:24 PM
  #260
SomE
Registered User
 
SomE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,800
vCash: 500
anyone know if Rask has the night off?

SomE is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:24 PM
  #261
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
Having another guy who's big and not afraid to fight in MacD makes the Bruins roster look untouchable in terms of willing pugilists. Lane's an average fighter, but he has NHL ability IMO to carve out a Jeremy Reich like run and be counted on to do more than just fight.

Chara
Thornton
Lucic
McQuaid
Campbell
MacD

Nearly every shift we'll have someone either on the blueline or forward who can throw down. Love it.
Not big but Ference has more crutons than most and is always willing to go and Horty too although I'm not sure I'd really be up for him scrappin yet

ODAAT is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:25 PM
  #262
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: next to the bench
Country: Scotland
Posts: 27,046
vCash: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
Paille deserves the promotion. There's no way they could continue to justify letting Bourque get more ice-time than Paille.
I just love Danny Paille. The guy puts in so much effort every shift.

__________________
"Bergeron...Bergeron !!!"
Ladyfan is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:26 PM
  #263
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: next to the bench
Country: Scotland
Posts: 27,046
vCash: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomE View Post
anyone know if Rask has the night off?
I would say NO.

Ladyfan is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:27 PM
  #264
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwm View Post
You're a better person than I. I had reached that point when I got in to work this morning.....
Don't give me too much credit...I was in back to back meetings from the time I walked in at 8:30 until about 45 minutes ago when I went to get lunch. Bring on the food coma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ference the Finger View Post
What took you so long? Not hockey time yet, but always time to talk about it here!
Excellent point.

Kate08 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:28 PM
  #265
doubleminor138
Call me Snake
 
doubleminor138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northeast
Country: United States
Posts: 14,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
love the kids spunk and "compete level" but I wish he didn't have hands of stone.
He played a little bit on the third line these past coupeel of seasons, and it just didn't click. Give him another chance, because he's earned it. I don't have high hopes, but I know he'll bring it hard and that line has heretofore sucked eghs.

__________________
Terry Tomasi / Backin72

A true fan who will always be remembered.
doubleminor138 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:28 PM
  #266
8Neely8
Registered User
 
8Neely8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomE View Post
anyone know if Rask has the night off?
As per Haggs tweet Rask is starting

8Neely8 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:29 PM
  #267
SomE
Registered User
 
SomE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,800
vCash: 500
thanks guys

SomE is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:31 PM
  #268
doubleminor138
Call me Snake
 
doubleminor138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northeast
Country: United States
Posts: 14,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomE View Post
thanks guys
I am just thanksful you used the GDT to ask your question and didn't start a new thread. I dub thee POSTER OF THE HOUR!

doubleminor138 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:32 PM
  #269
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator
 
CamFan81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 18,225
vCash: 500
I'd love to be there tonight thats for sure.

CamFan81 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:34 PM
  #270
Scotto74
First in line...
 
Scotto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwm View Post
You're a better person than I. I had reached that point when I got in to work this morning.....
I reached that point on the way to work this morning.

__________________
Love the city, hate the Hab™


BOSTON STRONG!!!
Scotto74 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:35 PM
  #271
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminor138 View Post
I am just thanksful you used the GDT to ask your question and didn't start a new thread. I dub thee POSTER OF THE HOUR!
Are you already drunk?

Kate08 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:36 PM
  #272
Johnnyduke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,925
vCash: 500
Tonight's forward lineup is better than having Bourque in there and I'm not just saying this because we're playing a new look Buffalo team. I wouldn't mind seeing this forward lineup going forward.

Johnnyduke is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:38 PM
  #273
doubleminor138
Call me Snake
 
doubleminor138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northeast
Country: United States
Posts: 14,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Are you already drunk?

I drank a 20oz Redbull. Its affected me.

doubleminor138 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:39 PM
  #274
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs
 
Bruinsfan_37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Laval
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomE View Post
anyone know if Rask has the night off?
Our players don't take nights off

Bruinsfan_37 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:39 PM
  #275
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyduke View Post
Tonight's forward lineup is better than having Bourque in there and I'm not just saying this because we're playing a new look Buffalo team. I wouldn't mind seeing this forward lineup going forward.
I just don't love Paille on the 3rd line. I sure don't love Bourque on it either, but I feel like the 4th line just clicks so well with each of them bringing a specific (and needed) element to the table to make it work.

Maybe my issue isn't so much with Paille on the 3rd line, but that he's not on the 4th line, if that makes sense.

Kate08 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.