HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Marc Andre Fleury

Old
01-30-2013, 05:11 PM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

vCash: 500
Dubnyk and a 1st for MAF.

I think Dubnyk can be a solid starter, he has shown a ton of skill this year.

MAF needs a fresh start. It seems like the eastern conference has his moves down to memory and they know how to exploit him. A change of scenery could help his confidence.

And a 1st from EDM always has value.

Aceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:24 PM
BlazingWithCharizard*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
I'd love to have Fleury on the Leafs. Sure, he's struggling, but he shown great flashes in the past.

I'd start around Kulemin, as it seems that the Pen fans are obsessed with reuniting him and Malkin, not MacArthur.
Absolutely not Kulemin would light it up in Pittsburgh

BlazingWithCharizard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:31 PM
IWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingWithCharizard View Post
Kulemin is a second/third line utility guy. He's a fantastic all around player who works really hard and plays honestly, but gritty. That's all he is, though. Fleury has the opportunity to start over like Roy did. It sounds like he needs a change of scenery, but will be a great goaltender again. Pittsburgh always seems be hard on goaltenders because they focus all their resources on offense, and expect their goaltenders to bail them out every night. Pittsburgh utilizes it's new cap space to upgrade defense, which improves now that Kulemin is on board. If Fleury regains form, which is possible because as a goaltender, he's about to enter his prime in a year or two. Kulemin is the safe asset going for Fleury who is the volatile asset.

Him lighting it up in Pittsburgh isn't really an issue, we still have to improve ourselves, and this small risk could pay off massive dividends. I would love to see Fleury in a Leaf uniform. Toronto loves it's goalies, and he could be the next big-name for us.

IWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:38 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
I'd love to have Fleury on the Leafs. Sure, he's struggling, but he shown great flashes in the past.

I'd start around Kulemin, as it seems that the Pen fans are obsessed with reuniting him and Malkin, not MacArthur.

Fleury is struggling? You haven't watched a Penguin game this year. He isn't the problem. Add in the fact we have NO ONE IN THE PIPE on the farm to come up - not even close to being a backup to Vokoun, Fleury isn't going anywhere, so what's the point of even talking about it?

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:44 PM
IWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Fleury is struggling? You haven't watched a Penguin game this year. He isn't the problem. Add in the fact we have NO ONE IN THE PIPE on the farm to come up - not even close to being a backup to Vokoun, Fleury isn't going anywhere, so what's the point of even talking about it?
I have, actually. One, for obvious reasons. And yes, he is struggling. I go by the stats, because more often than not they tell the story, and by news stories that bring it up.

IWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:54 PM
TylerSVT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
Dubnyk and a 1st for MAF.

I think Dubnyk can be a solid starter, he has shown a ton of skill this year.

MAF needs a fresh start. It seems like the eastern conference has his moves down to memory and they know how to exploit him. A change of scenery could help his confidence.

And a 1st from EDM always has value.
So Dubynk and Seth Jones for MAF?

Done.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:16 PM
SEALBound

MAF to Chi for Kane.

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:58 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
I have, actually. One, for obvious reasons. And yes, he is struggling. I go by the stats, because more often than not they tell the story, and by news stories that bring it up.

No he isn't ... 90% of the goals he has surrendered is because of bad defense and poor play by Malkin and crew. He has given up some softies, but he is not struggling. He is the victim of uninspired play in front of him. Penguin fans know this if they have watched the games.

You go by the stats ... enough said. They don't paint the picture.

No, I wouldn't trade a goalie that has won a Cup and gotten to the Cup Finals another time for Edmonton's goalie and a first. No chance. If Pittsburgh fans get frustrated with Fleury, then I couldn't wait to see their reaction with Dubie.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:11 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetangBrassard23 View Post
I agree. There's an argument for Lundqvist and Rask but if you take any other goalie and put him into the Pens system, he will be giving up goals at a higher rate than he currently is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
What if you put Vokoun in the pens system?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetangBrassard23 View Post
Look at the goals he's given up vs. the Rangers and the Jets. They have been of the same form as the ones Fleury has given up(a ton of side to side movement and open guys back door). I'm not going to say Vokoun was bad in those games, but Fleury hasn't been either. In Pittsburgh, as long as this current system is being used, which is prone to huge defensive failures and turnovers, the back up goalie will be one of the most popular players on the team.
It look like if you put a goalie like Vokoun in the pens system, he will be giving up goals at a lesser rate than MAF currently is.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:12 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Fleury isn't available and he's really not as awful as everyone insists he is.

with Vokoun making a STRONG case for the starting goaltending position, i expect Fleury to work his ass off and show that he's the definite starter.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:13 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
It look like if you put a goalie like Vokoun in the pens system, he will be giving up goals at a lesser rate than MAF currently is.
so obviously the Pens should trade Fleury because he's the worst goalie in the league, right?

Old
01-31-2013, 10:15 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingWithCharizard View Post
no matter how you look at it, Fleury would become the immediate starter in Toronto, so i wouldn't do it either.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:20 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by psupens View Post
so obviously the Pens should trade Fleury because he's the worst goalie in the league, right?
I dont see the link between being the worst goalie in the league and the needs to be traded?

the way i see it, If MAF was the worst goalie in the league, i dont think he could be traded.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote