Nino Niederreiter?

Old
01-31-2013, 01:34 PM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
He's gotten 3 points in 64 games in the NHL. He is already complaining about his playing time. I know he's got talent and i'm sure he'll turn into something good. Just don't know if i want to give up on a young goalie and knight. If we got him for caron I'd take that but i assume the isles aren't that inept.
I'd probably take a shot with Caron but no way on the other two. Nino should have never been that high he had a great WJC....reminds some of Landon Wilson- atleast that is what I heard (big, skates well, had a sizzle moment)

Wilson is harsh but Steve Bernier is my take- not a bad player but....

if we want to over pay for a 5th overall pick- Raffi Torres can be probably be had

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:35 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I'd probably take a shot with Caron but no way on the other two. Nino should have never been that high he had a great WJC....reminds some of Landon Wilson- atleast that is what I heard (big, skates well, had a sizzle moment)
There was a lot of talk about how he was the youngest player in the draft that year too.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:42 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
There was a lot of talk about how he was the youngest player in the draft that year too.
I like Nino- especially after seeing how much fun he had at the All-Star game....just not sure why he isn't up right now in the Island. The other thing was he really struggled last year and hope he doesn't end up with the Kyle Turris to early syndrome.

I have no idea what his value is but really unless the Bruins get him handed over why bother- they have few spots and lots of good prospects: Spooner, Koko, Griffith, Camara, Knight, Sauve, Caron etc up front they drafted....

To bad Burke wasn't around this just smells Toronto....I was surprised at the Islanders game to see McDonald playing and not Nino....maybe they are making him play the year in the AHL like what Phoenix did with Turris after extensive time in the NHL

Old
01-31-2013, 01:46 PM
RussellmaniaKW

Quote:
that was Skinner.

RussellmaniaKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:47 PM
Sevren

vCash: 50
How much would it take to get Max Sauve? I think he would be a great fit on our 3rd line

Sevren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:53 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
that was Skinner.
You sure about that?

Old
01-31-2013, 02:00 PM
RussellmaniaKW

Quote:
You sure about that?
yep, pretty sure.

RussellmaniaKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:00 PM
brom7

Soderberg for El Nino

brom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:05 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by OduyaLaichBoyes View Post
Soderberg for El Nino
Easily the best post in this thread. You win the internet today.

LSCII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:33 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
yep, pretty sure.
Nino was born in September 1992 and Skinner in May. Skinner was projected to go later on in the first or even second round by a lot of publications.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:34 PM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
He didn't get the chance to compete for an NHL job this year was his gripe. He's playing plenty in the AHL.

My guess is that they'd insert him in Bourque's spot immediately, so it's not as though the same would apply here, and his skillset (bigger bodied wing) would fit in well with Kelly and Pevs.

While Caron/Krug/1st might have been an overstatement on my part, the Bruins likely aren't going to get a chance to add top 5 talent very many more times in the near future, and I think they have the organizational depth to give up quantity for upside.
even if we brought him in, I don't see the front office putting Nino on the roster over guys like McD, Spooner, Bourque, etc. If he doesn't like riding the bus in the A....he's not going to like it much better if he moves to Providence.

A true fan who will always be remembered.
doubleminor138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:46 PM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminor138 View Post
even if we brought him in, I don't see the front office putting Nino on the roster over guys like McD, Spooner, Bourque, etc. If he doesn't like riding the bus in the A....he's not going to like it much better if he moves to Providence.
I think the front office would be foolish to not deal for this player if their reservation is holding back Chris Bourque or Lane McDermid. Spooner is a center, so I could see them wanting him to grow his two way game in Providence for a while anyway. Non-issue. If they thought Nino could grow into a 20-25 goal guy in Boston, absolutely worth putting him on the 3rd line for the rest of the season. They're carrying an AHL player there right now anyway.

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:07 PM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
I think the front office would be foolish to not deal for this player if their reservation is holding back Chris Bourque or Lane McDermid. Spooner is a center, so I could see them wanting him to grow his two way game in Providence for a while anyway. Non-issue. If they thought Nino could grow into a 20-25 goal guy in Boston, absolutely worth putting him on the 3rd line for the rest of the season. They're carrying an AHL player there right now anyway.
Nino was dynamic as a junior, but my point was that if he can't crack an Islanders lineup...how can he crack a Bruins lineup unless the front office is specifcaly makigng room for him (something I only recall seeing with veterans so far).

I haven't been watching, but how is it that he could not crack the Islanders lineup?

doubleminor138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:09 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
I love how everyone is vilifying Nino but had every excuse in the book for St. Sobotka.

Morris Wanchuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:15 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
I love how everyone is vilifying Nino but had every excuse in the book for St. Sobotka.
You shut your filthy mouth!

JMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:42 PM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Jared Knight + Malcolm Subban is my offer
sure trade away yoour future goalie,No thanks.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:10 PM
Orrthebest

People are offering way too much for Nino. Before the WJC he was rated as a mid to late first rounder. One headcase for another Caron and a 4th rounder is as much as we should offer.

Orrthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:19 PM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrthebest View Post
People are offering way too much for Nino. Before the WJC he was rated as a mid to late first rounder. One headcase for another Caron and a 4th rounder is as much as we should offer.
Even as a mid first rounder, that's not even close to being enough. He's 6'2, 205lb 20 year old who's scoring nearly a point per game in the AHL. You're going to need to give up something worth while to get him, probably not as much as before now that he has asked for a trade.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:46 PM
RaybCamn

Trade him for Tim Thomas his contract was tolled till next year hes way better than any of the tenders for Isles. Give them a second round, truth to tell Spooner should be in the Nhl right now hes already a better player than anyone on our 4th line and I think better than Bourque and Kelly in a couple years he will blow the doors off of Peverly. So lets bring in another player that will sit in the minors and do us no good. Caron is not making it in the AHL nevermind the NHL.

RaybCamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:04 PM
Orrthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaybCamn View Post
Trade him for Tim Thomas his contract was tolled till next year hes way better than any of the tenders for Isles. Give them a second round, truth to tell Spooner should be in the Nhl right now hes already a better player than anyone on our 4th line and I think better than Bourque and Kelly in a couple years he will blow the doors off of Peverly. So lets bring in another player that will sit in the minors and do us no good. Caron is not making it in the AHL nevermind the NHL.
So let me get this straight a guy who has 10 goals and 12 assists and is a +3 in 71 games will never be good enough for the NHL but a guy who has 2 goals and 1 assist and a whooping -30 in 64 games is worth trading for?

Orrthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:22 PM
RaybCamn

Yes i would NN but i would not not give away any of our current prospects I like that he is 19 and still has 3 years to get to the same age as Caron. Heck I will take that chance, I will not sacrofice our furture for a maybe. but I will take a chance on a player that has a better upside that what we loose, why wouldnt you

RaybCamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:40 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
love the nickname 'the saint' for Sob considering how he plays

Claude asking Chia to pick up Yelle was the one move I have hated. Sobotka should have had that spot and right now would be doing what he is doing in St Louis (hey, St Sobotka in St Louis) here

Sobotka would be perfect to play LW with his speed, defense, and big hits (although not happy he hit the Thornton's Shawn two years ago and Joe last year)

Old
01-31-2013, 05:59 PM
Strafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
love the nickname 'the saint' for Sob considering how he plays

Claude asking Chia to pick up Yelle was the one move I have hated. Sobotka should have had that spot and right now would be doing what he is doing in St Louis (hey, St Sobotka in St Louis) here

Sobotka would be perfect to play LW with his speed, defense, and big hits (although not happy he hit the Thornton's Shawn two years ago and Joe last year)
I concur!

Strafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 06:25 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Don't want anybody who's name is too hard to spell.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:48 PM
Justin St Pierre

I would do this but I am more than aware that the Bruins would never even consider it:

To NYI
Subban
Caron
Sauve

To BOS
Niederreiter

First-round pick with some risk involved plus two guys who probably need a change of scenery in exchange for a higher first-round pick with some risk but a bit less.

It's not a doubt of Subban, for the record. Just a recognition that goaltending prospects are hard to develop and evaluate, and that there is depth at that position in the Bruins. The franchise does not ride on him and this will always be a desirable place for a goaltender from another team who is available for trade or as a free agent if the Bruins ever needed someone beyond Rask/Khudobin/Svedberg.

The Bruins won't do it and I totally, 100% understand that, too. I just don't think it would be horrible or unfathomable.

Justin St Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote