HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ovechkin to jets

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2013, 11:08 AM
  #26
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,507
vCash: 1458
Quote:
Originally Posted by takehisheadoff View Post
Couldn't see Ovi playing in Winnipeg. But I think the Jets should get rid of Kane. Kane of lately seems to be trouble and to a lesser extent an embarassment to the franchise.
Kane has been one of the hardest working guys and best Jets so far this season. The idea that somehow he is an embarrassment to the Jets is an embarrassment in itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
As a fan of neither team, what do Jets and Caps fans say to any of the proposed deals if the Caps retain a big chunk, say 40% , of his salary/cap?
Not going to insult Ovi as he is still a great player, but the Jets are not going to give all that up for him. It's a ridiculous amount IMO.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:24 AM
  #27
IceCapsFanNL
Registered User
 
IceCapsFanNL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 989
vCash: 500
I actually think he is poison in a dressing room. Don't wan't him for any price.

IceCapsFanNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:46 AM
  #28
Spice Trader
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Victoria
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
If i was looking to poach a talent from the Caps it would be Backstrom all day.

I would pay a hefty ransom for him.

Spice Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:53 AM
  #29
hurricanedave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by takehisheadoff View Post
Couldn't see Ovi playing in Winnipeg. But I think the Jets should get rid of Kane. Kane of lately seems to be trouble and to a lesser extent an embarassment to the franchise.
Kane is pretty popular with the fans, media just makes it sound the other way around. He has also played very well for the Jets this season, his game is growing, learning how to make use of his linemates.

hurricanedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:54 AM
  #30
supert
Registered User
 
supert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,633
vCash: 500
Horcrap for OV . After thing about it i rather Horcoff . His contract will end soon . Maybe trade him to the Canucks for Lou

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:41 PM
  #31
HunterSThompson
Registered User
 
HunterSThompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
Its just my opinion. Maybe I am being too harsh but the facts dont lie. He is fat, lazy, and selfish. I would never ever want him on the habs.

its a shame because he has so much talent, but has so little heart unless the puck is on his stick.
Do you know the definition of fact? I am not saying that Ovechkin will ever score 50 goals again or even 40, but you spew opinion and ignore facts and then claim that your "facts" dont lie, while not offering any.

HunterSThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:58 PM
  #32
SteelFish87*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Ovechkin's become kind of a slow starter. Last year, he started off slowly too. Then HE ROARED BACK
fyp

OV will roar back to pad his stats a little even though his team will suck

SteelFish87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:09 PM
  #33
Grimlore
Registered User
 
Grimlore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 93
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
As a fan of neither team, what do Jets and Caps fans say to any of the proposed deals if the Caps retain a big chunk, say 40% , of his salary/cap?
Honestly, the Caps might as well keep Ovi if they are paying almost half his salary for 8 more years...

Grimlore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:11 PM
  #34
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSThompson View Post
Do you know the definition of fact? I am not saying that Ovechkin will ever score 50 goals again or even 40, but you spew opinion and ignore facts and then claim that your "facts" dont lie, while not offering any.
Fact : He is fat, lazy and selfish.
Fact: His numbers are way down
Fact: His contract is horrible even if he scores 35-40 a year.
Fact: All world talent, peewee level heart.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:20 PM
  #35
Flair Hay
Registered User
 
Flair Hay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,211
vCash: 400
I'm not of the way of thinking that OV is done and destined to be overpaid forever. He's a special player and the right situation could easily improve his work ethic and attitude. Not to mention he's been wicked every year I can remember in the post season. Jets have the cap space for sure and are short on dynamic offensive guys.

If it was a deal for a ton of futures then I'd be down. Multiple high picks + Scheifele/Trouba I'd consider hard.

But Kane+ for OV jut doesn't make any sense for us at all. Kane already looks better as a player than last year when he scored 30 on the second line with a revolving door of line mates. And he's almost half the price...

Flair Hay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:43 PM
  #36
ViD
Registered User
 
ViD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Blue Jackets Area
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 6,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
No team wants or even has a need for Ovechkin.

He's pretty much Wolski of last year but with a lifetime horrible contract.
That is wrong.

A lot of teams would be interested in Ovechkin because 1 -he's still one of the biggest stars in the league marketing wise and 2 - the end of the last season and his KHL season showed that he can still produce at a good rate given appropriate circumstances.

Face it. Caps suck and only OV, but Backstrom and Green too. OV doesn't have that spark anymore now, a change of scenery could bring it back.

ViD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:49 PM
  #37
ViD
Registered User
 
ViD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Blue Jackets Area
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 6,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
Fact : He is fat, lazy and selfish.
Fact: His numbers are way down
Fact: His contract is horrible even if he scores 35-40 a year.
Fact: All world talent, peewee level heart.
Your ignorance is through the roof.

He's not fat anymore, look at his pics from this season, he lost a lot of weight. He's certainly not selfish anymore, he is passing the puck way more often. Don't know about laziness , but the fact that he worked on his physique in Summer makes me think he still cares.

His numbers are down, but only one season. Jeez, do we write a player off after one bad season when his team was horrendous as well?

Your facts are not accurate.

ViD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:51 PM
  #38
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,399
vCash: 1300
Noooo way would Winnipeg offer a package like that for Ovechkin.

Ovi's been on a decline and Kane's on the incline. Makes no sense for the Jets given their young core (although they would essentially trade all of that core for Ovi essentially) and how they're building the team.

A deal like that could set them back for a decade.

Sweech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:53 PM
  #39
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO
 
Reed Solomon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Man.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,062
vCash: 500
Wellwood or Clitsome for Ovechkin maybe.

Otherwise no.

Reed Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:00 PM
  #40
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,507
vCash: 1458
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
I'm not of the way of thinking that OV is done and destined to be overpaid forever. He's a special player and the right situation could easily improve his work ethic and attitude. Not to mention he's been wicked every year I can remember in the post season. Jets have the cap space for sure and are short on dynamic offensive guys.

If it was a deal for a ton of futures then I'd be down. Multiple high picks + Scheifele/Trouba I'd consider hard.

But Kane+ for OV jut doesn't make any sense for us at all. Kane already looks better as a player than last year when he scored 30 on the second line with a revolving door of line mates. And he's almost half the price...
I'd say no to that in a second myself. I don't believe that the Jets have that much extra cap space once raises are given out to some of our RFA's. And a guy with a 9.5 million dollar salary is going to be tough to build around when he's making 15% of your teams payroll.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:43 PM
  #41
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,167
vCash: 500
Yea not interested in OV tbh. I think he's talented, but I also think he's selfish and is severely lacking in the effort department.

The only players that interest me on Washington are Backstrom and Holtby.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:48 PM
  #42
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViD View Post
Your ignorance is through the roof.

He's not fat anymore, look at his pics from this season, he lost a lot of weight. He's certainly not selfish anymore, he is passing the puck way more often. Don't know about laziness , but the fact that he worked on his physique in Summer makes me think he still cares.

His numbers are down, but only one season. Jeez, do we write a player off after one bad season when his team was horrendous as well?

Your facts are not accurate.
he may not be fat, but he is lazy, plays when he wants, and his numbers have been dropping for the last 3 or 4 seasons

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:02 PM
  #43
ViD
Registered User
 
ViD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Blue Jackets Area
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 6,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
he may not be fat, but he is lazy, plays when he wants, and his numbers have been dropping for the last 3 or 4 seasons
actually, two seasons and he still scored 70 goals in those two season..

ViD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:05 PM
  #44
huntison
Registered User
 
huntison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,644
vCash: 500
Booth, Ballard, Luongo and a 1st for Ovechkin

huntison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:09 PM
  #45
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads
 
Kris Chreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC/Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 7,452
vCash: 500
Which comes out to 35/season.

Normally good numbers but not for a guy who can easily put up much bigger numbers. Couple that with the fact that he is lazy without the puck and seems to care more about making the HL reels than helping the team, well, management should rethink giving Ovi the C.

Haven't even gotten around to the atrocious contract yet.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 06:45 PM
  #46
Aerial
Registered User
 
Aerial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
As a fan of neither team, what do Jets and Caps fans say to any of the proposed deals if the Caps retain a big chunk, say 40% , of his salary/cap?
Just... no. Ovechkin to the Jets just doesn't make any sense, on any level. For the record, I'm a big Ovechkin fan, but we don't need him from an off-ice standpoint (I have no idea why the OP seems to think the Jets need a "face of franchise") and as a piece he makes no sense with where we're at in terms of the team. We're definitely not moving meaningful futures for him, that would be catastrophically stupid -- which means there's no deal to be had.

Aerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:16 PM
  #47
AmericanRocket91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Anaheim
Country: United States
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
As a Ducks fan I'd offer up Bobby Ryan and a 1st

Ovi playing with a pass happy Getzlaf and the net presents of Perry would open up so much space for him.

AmericanRocket91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:13 PM
  #48
FlyingHigh28*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanRocket91 View Post
As a Ducks fan I'd offer up Bobby Ryan and a 1st

Ovi playing with a pass happy Getzlaf and the net presents of Perry would open up so much space for him.
This.

Corey Perry is like Santa Claus around the net.

FlyingHigh28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:25 PM
  #49
startainfection
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 6,695
vCash: 500
i would currently take evander kane over alex ovechkin at this point in time

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:34 PM
  #50
stakesishigh
how swede it is
 
stakesishigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,449
vCash: 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
i would currently take evander kane over alex ovechkin at this point in time
You're not the only one.

You'd have to add to Ovechkin to get Kane methinks.

stakesishigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.