HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Non-Ownership Thread: Who Cares Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 01:24 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

vCash: 500
This is a prime and ripe opportunity for a Canadian morning radio show to play a prank on the new mayor.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:25 PM
Ted Mosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri View Post
Was there any confirmation that Jamison was ever planning on making an announcement? The only place I saw it reported on was the same storys that said he was making an announcement that he has closed the deal with the NHL. And those obviously weren't true.
Here's his quote:

Quote:
Jamison vowed that he'll meet the deadline. "There's a lot happening. We're moving forward. There will be an announcement before the end of the week," Jamison said Monday morning.

Really? An announcement this week?

"Yes, there will. There certainly will," he said.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...dline/1870577/

This whole thing is making me sick to my stomach, but I'm still holding out hope, whether it be Jamison or a new ownership group.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:25 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Doesn't mean anything. Not confident enough to ask for an extension?
Means the mayor was straight up lying though. The ethical standards of politicians amaze me.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:27 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
The city’s Jan. 31 deadline arrives at midnight tonight, and Jamison does not appear ready to close his side of a $308 million arena deal that was essentially crafted to help him get the financing and money to buy the team.

That has Coyotes officials and players, as well as Glendale City Hall, reeling from the increased possibility that no one wants to, or can, buy the team and keep it in the Phoenix market.

“No one in the front office knew of this and they are reeling,” said one local sports marketing executive who is close to the hockey team but asked not to be identified.
Coyotes officials are not commenting on the situation. But privately, officials with or close to the team and city are in the dark regarding the Jamison bid. This comes after voicing some optimism earlier this week he would beat the Jan. 31 deadline. “Many have been 100 percent duped,” said one local executive who has been close to Coyotes deal.
More Sunnucks crap.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:30 PM
seasontixholder

vCash: 576
Quote:
More Sunnucks crap.
How that bozo still has a job amazes me!

Old
01-31-2013, 01:32 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post

I was considering buying a jersey before the meet the team night.

The above made me stop and think how sad it could possibly be for the players at this years meet the team event. Not normally "into" that sort of thing, I went the last two years to help generate numbers, showing the boys that there ARE fans who care, but this year I'll most likely pass. I would imagine many others will do likewise based on some of the comments I am reading. I can only hope they will see a lacluster crowd as a positive, enjoying the fact that it will end early and go on to play the best hockey they can. The hole they're digging is getting deeper, but it's still not too late to compete for the Cup!

Last edited by kihekah19: 01-31-2013 at 05:04 PM. Reason: clarity
Old
01-31-2013, 01:42 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

The NHL has owned this team for a very long time now and has had more than plenty of time to get us an owner for either playing the team in Glendale or in Downtown Phoenix and all we get in this process is nothing more than getting led on and lies.

I'm still standing by what I said before. If the league fails to keep the team in AZ, then I am done with the NHL as I have other options both in hockey and other sports to follow.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:44 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

I'm an avid NASCAR fan as well...maybe that will help me cope with it.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:58 PM
XX
... Waiting

Feel bad for Doaner. Has faith, passes up way more money, gets screwed. Likely won't have his number in any rafters. Biggest injustice in all of this.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:00 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

With this mystery owner crap I hear now. The only way I can see them for real is if they want to buy up the entire Glendale Sports Complex and all of the teams who play there. Even then that is a long shot seeing that I don't believe the Bidwells will sell the Cardinals even though the Cardinals Fans what to see them out.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:01 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Feel bad for Doaner. Has faith, passes up way more money, gets screwed. Likely won't have his number in any rafters. Biggest injustice in all of this.
If this team moves, and he doesn't get his number in the rafters afterwards, I might have to take up curling.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:07 PM
Rutkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
If this team moves, and he doesn't get his number in the rafters afterwards, I might have to take up curling.
If the team moves to QC it's very likely that Vermette will be the new captain, Doan will get an A at most and he'll either be traded or retire with the result of no raftin' for him.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:10 PM
gretschdrum

Atlanta fan sympathizes with you

The fat lady may be warming up but it's not over yet so keep your collective chins up. I really hope you guys can keep the Coyotes. The NHL seems WAY more interested in keeping you in AZ compared to the Thrashers. The Thrash were out the door within a few weeks notice.

All that being said I don't know which is crueler - the short, "off with their heads" relocation of Atlanta or this grueling "death by a thousand cuts" hack job in Phoenix.

The NHL power trust are a bunch of cold, calculated people who would sell their collective mothers out. It's hard to tell who is a good guy and who is a bad guy. My conspiratorial side tells me that Jamison could be a league shill who helped uphold the team and the city's collective spirit until a new relocation city could be brought up to speed. That city is most likely Seattle. Then when the NHL expands they'll go to the two most hockey craving places, Toronto/Markham and Quebec City, and get huge expansion fees from them. Keep in mind, the CBA allows the owners and league to keep ALL those expansion fees. They do not have to share with the players!

The above could all be bunk. But I don't trust anyone in the NHL. Since the relocation of the Atlanta franchise I have not spent one cent on NHL licensed merchandise or media. I also have not set foot inside Philips arena since the ASG still have operating rights there. I feel terrible for you guys and hope this situation gets rectified as soon as possible.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:14 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretschdrum View Post
The fat lady may be warming up but it's not over yet so keep your collective chins up. I really hope you guys can keep the Coyotes. The NHL seems WAY more interested in keeping you in AZ compared to the Thrashers. The Thrash were out the door within a few weeks notice.

All that being said I don't know which is crueler - the short, "off with their heads" relocation of Atlanta or this grueling "death by a thousand cuts" hack job in Phoenix.

The NHL power trust are a bunch of cold, calculated people who would sell their collective mothers out. It's hard to tell who is a good guy and who is a bad guy. My conspiratorial side tells me that Jamison could be a league shill who helped uphold the team and the city's collective spirit until a new relocation city could be brought up to speed. That city is most likely Seattle. Then when the NHL expands they'll go to the two most hockey craving places, Toronto/Markham and Quebec City, and get huge expansion fees from them. Keep in mind, the CBA allows the owners and league to keep ALL those expansion fees. They do not have to share with the players!

The above could all be bunk. But I don't trust anyone in the NHL. Since the relocation of the Atlanta franchise I have not spent one cent on NHL licensed merchandise or media. I also have not set foot inside Philips arena since the ASG still have operating rights there. I feel terrible for you guys and hope this situation gets rectified as soon as possible.
Good to hear but sadly there are a few Thrashers Fans who often gave the Thrashers Fan Base a bad name with not only their ignorance to both the Coyotes and Thrashers mess but also tried to blame what happened in AZ and the Coyotes Fans for not having the league help out with what went on in Atlanta.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:16 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihekah19 View Post
The above made me stop and think how sad it could possibly be for the players at this years meet the team event. Not normally not "into" that sort of thing, I went the last two years to help generate numbers, showing the boys that there ARE fans who care, but this year I'll most likely pass. I would imagine many others will do likewise based on some of the comments I am reading. I can only hope they will see a lacluster crowd as a positive, enjoying the fact that it will end early and go on to play the best hockey they can. The hole they're digging is getting deeper, but it's still not too late to compete for the Cup!

I do still plan to go - my little girl loves the team and wants her jersey signed. But I don't think I'll be buying anything to get signed, and my other jersey already has everyone's siggy on it. Maybe I'll have them sign a stick that I don't use anymore?

It will be a very sad night as I think most players and fans will see it as a good-bye rather than a fan appreciation sort of thing. Oh well, I'll wish Vermette bonne chance and move on with my life.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:21 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I'll remain a fan of the franchise, wherever it ends up.
You and I both dude. I've already done it once so I'm a vet. You won't need to change your username but I may need to. Or not.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:22 PM
Primrose Everdeen
Let It Go

vCash: 100
If the Coyotes move to Quebec City I may have to become a Canadiens fan out of spite.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:25 PM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
You and I both dude. I've already done it once so I'm a vet. You won't need to change your username but I may need to. Or not.
I'm in the same boat. It's going to suck pretty badly. But I'll get through it, with the help of my old friend Johnnie Walker.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:30 PM
Rutkowski

Yeah, I'm another fan from the Winnipeg era. I'm going to follow the franchise but ******* if it isn't going to such, especially if the new owners put in their friends as GM/Coach as is usual with relocation which would **** this team over so badly.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:30 PM
goyotes

Bottom line, this is on the NHL. I would hope reporters would do their job and get answers to some hard questions, but the truth is that within a couple of weeks, no one will care beyond a few thousand fans.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:34 PM
clayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
Now, I'm not one to hold grudges, but I'm just saying that Seattle was responsible for an awful lot of flannel whiner rock back in the 90s, and they still haven't apologized for it.
Good point! lol..

Old
01-31-2013, 02:41 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia McMillan View Post
If the Coyotes move to Quebec City I may have to become a Canadiens fan out of spite.
Yes!!! Right there with you!

Old
01-31-2013, 02:45 PM
gretschdrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyotes View Post
Bottom line, this is on the NHL. I would hope reporters would do their job and get answers to some hard questions, but the truth is that within a couple of weeks, no one will care beyond a few thousand fans.
Atlanta fans have been waiting on reporters too. None have pursued the story in full. There is a HUGE, MASSIVE back story in Atlanta that some of us have a few details on. However there is a LOT more. The ASG as well as the NHL have Thrasher blood on their hands.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:48 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia McMillan View Post
Why? Habs fans are obnoxious. The QC guys have been pretty nice and it's an awesome market. They will be supported, and the new arena they have coming looks incredible. If the team stays together, give it a shot. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:52 PM
omnimutant

Not sure who I'm sick of more the Media strait lying to us minute by minute or the "so called" fans from all around the league who have taken immense pleasure in kicking us while were down for god knows how long.

The NHL could have at least done a better PR job and handled this situation with a little more tact. Maybe quashing rumors instead of letting them get out of control.

Either way at this point I could care less. If Jamison comes through today, that's great. If not, I've got better things to do with my time then to be treated like crap by the very league I've been trying to support for so many years.

I'd just like a real answer today, so I can go on with my life one way or another. I think I'm not alone in saying Jamison is the last straw for me. If he fails and the NHL say's they have other buyers lined up, well that's too bad. Time to move on. I just can't do it anymore.

Closed Thread