HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Rumour Thread II: TraDe for Every111!!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2013, 12:58 PM
  #76
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,721
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Damn. That ruins that.
I'd love to see one of them along with a Ryan Jones or a Matt Hendricks though.

Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 12:59 PM
  #77
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I'd love to see one of them along with a Ryan Jones or a Matt Hendricks though.
You and I are on the same wavelength for sure. I totally agree although I would probably lean towards Chimera just because of his speed and size combination.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 01:19 PM
  #78
Fleury4ever
Registered User
 
Fleury4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,028
vCash: 500
Why so little talk about a Center? That's what the Rangers need up front, a 2-way center. Some type of poor man's Brind'Amour is probably the best they can do, they need that badly, there is no center depth.

(& D man of course, as stated)

Fleury4ever is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 01:22 PM
  #79
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,800
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury4ever View Post
Why so little talk about a Center? That's what the Rangers need up front, a 2-way center. Some type of poor man's Brind'Amour is probably the best they can do, they need that badly, there is no center depth.

(& D man of course, as stated)
Couple of reasons:

1) The Rangers have a player who should be the kind of player you described in Derek Stepan (minus the physical play that Brind'Amour brought).

2) The player you describe really aren't readily available. Especially when you look at what the Rangers really have to deal.

As an aside, I think you're understating the kind of player Brind'Amour was. He had 8 seasons of over 70 points.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 01:41 PM
  #80
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
As an aside, I think you're understating the kind of player Brind'Amour was. He had 8 seasons of over 70 points.
70 points? That's solid third-line production. Brian Boyle, you suck.





Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 01:52 PM
  #81
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury4ever View Post
Why so little talk about a Center? That's what the Rangers need up front, a 2-way center. Some type of poor man's Brind'Amour is probably the best they can do, they need that badly, there is no center depth.

(& D man of course, as stated)
I really dont think they need a C, everyone craps on Boyle too much. I dont mind him at all. Sure if they get a 3rd line C Boyle could play wing though

They need a 3rd line depth winger. Everyone wants a top 6 winger but thats not easy to find even as a rental

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:31 PM
  #82
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Still no mea-culpa for you mindless Nash bashing all off-season, eh?
6 games is a pretty small sample size.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:32 PM
  #83
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
I've always loved his game.. Always.
My Flames fan friend told me Tanguay would elect to pass on a breakaway since he's so hesitant to shoot. No thanks.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:33 PM
  #84
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Last one.

Curtis Glencross.

He's got a NMC so it's a moot point, but if we could get him. Even with his contract (2.55 for 2 years after thsi one)

I'd do that deal.
Flames wouldn't deal him. He's one of their best players, signed to a sweetheart contract and lives in Calgary the whole year.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:36 PM
  #85
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
6 games is a pretty small sample size.
Says the guy rocking a taylor pyatt avvy

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:38 PM
  #86
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Trade a 2nd Rounder for Antropov, he played well here last time too and would be a great addition to the bottom 6 and #2 PP unit. Brings size and is Torts kinda player. Anisimov replacement/upgrade.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:40 PM
  #87
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Says the guy rocking a taylor pyatt avvy
Not for hockey reasons.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:47 PM
  #88
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Trade a 2nd Rounder for Antropov, he played well here last time too and would be a great addition to the bottom 6 and #2 PP unit. Brings size and is Torts kinda player. Anisimov replacement/upgrade.
That'll leave us w/o a pick first two rounds. I don't see Sather moving that second round pick, especially for Antro..

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:49 PM
  #89
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
That'll leave us w/o a pick first two rounds. I don't see Sather moving that second round pick, especially for Antro..
Why not?

Glen has been very active in most deadlines to add depth players. Ie Morris, McCabe, Avery, Antropov

Kershaw is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:51 PM
  #90
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,177
vCash: 500
Here is an interesting idea:

Shane Doan. With the Coyotes leaving, was he not rumored to be looking heavily at the Rangers in the off-season? Would be a great 2nd liner.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:52 PM
  #91
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Here is an interesting idea:

Shane Doan. With the Coyotes leaving, was he not rumored to be looking heavily at the Rangers in the off-season? Would be a great 2nd liner.
No thanks. His contract is absolutely brutal.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:54 PM
  #92
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
No thanks. His contract is absolutely brutal.
I'd take him in a second. And if he retires, who gets the cap hit? Phoenix because he retired before the end of his contract? Or is it the Rangers because it is 35+?

Rangerboy!!!!!!

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:59 PM
  #93
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,721
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I'd take him in a second. And if he retires, who gets the cap hit? Phoenix because he retired before the end of his contract? Or is it the Rangers because it is 35+?

Rangerboy!!!!!!
It would be the Rangers.

When players on long-term front loaded deals are traded, the trading team would be responsible for the cap benefit the player had while he was playing with them. Probably what you're thinking of.

Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:59 PM
  #94
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
No longer interested in adding that kind of salary going into next year. Ship has sailed on Doan. Plus, Phoenix will want a nice return for him to give them assets going forward and I don't want to pay up, then take on salary, for an aging Doan. He'd fit well, but if he wanted to come to NY and win he should have done it in the off season.

SERE 24 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:19 PM
  #95
JeffMangum
Ra shi da
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 55,629
vCash: 300
Would trade like a 4th for Antropov. Think he'd help add depth. He's not what he used to be, but he's a better option in the bottom 6 than Bickel.

JeffMangum is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:20 PM
  #96
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Why not?

Glen has been very active in most deadlines to add depth players. Ie Morris, McCabe, Avery, Antropov
Yes, but you have to consider we need to start adding more young players. You do that at the draft. We also don't have a 1st this year.

I can see Sather moving next years 2nd, or some of the 3rd rounders this year. But he won't go into this upcoming draft without a 1st and 2nd.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Rangerboy!!!!!!
He's gonna yell at you

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:21 PM
  #97
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Yes, but you have to consider we need to start adding more young players. You do that at the draft. We also don't have a 1st this year.

I can see Sather moving next years 2nd, or some of the 3rd rounders this year. But he won't go into this upcoming draft without a 1st and 2nd.




He's gonna yell at you
We need a RB signal, like Batman....

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:22 PM
  #98
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
MPS for a 4rd pick?
Paarjavi is young, good size, good skater, decently defensive forward that can play 3rd line with some offensive upside. He would fit nicely in Tort's system.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:25 PM
  #99
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
MPS for a 4rd pick?
Paarjavi is young, good size, good skater, decently defensive forward that can play 3rd line with some offensive upside. He would fit nicely in Tort's system.
As long as you're willing to be the one holding the gun to Tambellini's head. Because that's the only way Edmonton takes a 4th for MPS.

SERE 24 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:26 PM
  #100
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
As long as you're willing to be the one holding the gun to Tambellini's head. Because that's the only way Edmonton takes a 4th for MPS.
What do you think it would take for edm to part with him?

Edit: he is playing on their AHL affiliate, because of the logjam they have at forward.

Kwayry is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.