HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GAME #8 - Canucks vs. Blackhawks - 7:00 TSN - You're Not Worthy

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 03:36 PM
Tiranis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
K, yeah, that's not cool. Seriously, Vigneault. There's no problem in starting Luongo, but why the heck not let Schneider know before he hears about it in the press?

Ugh.
Isn't this pretty standard? I don't think they tell the backup they're the backup that night. Seems to me like everyone is reading into something that Schneider said.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:44 PM
sobrio

Why can't we just be excited we have two primo goaltenders in a short season instead of listening to every tweet, moan, and manufactured internal controversy from sports journalists whose only agenda is to drive traffic to their employers websites and keep their jobs in the spotlight?

Old
01-31-2013, 03:46 PM
Proto

I think it's the right move, but wow. AV really doesn't care about creating storylines around the team.

Luongo deserves the start though. He's been very strong this year, and if you have 9 million tied up in goalies you might as well use them.

My guess is that, much like last year, AV knows that every year could be his last. He's not going to fool around.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:47 PM
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Isn't this pretty standard? I don't think they tell the backup they're the backup that night. Seems to me like everyone is reading into something that Schneider said.
Maybe if your backup is Labarbara or Dan Ellis; this is kind of a dick move though. I'm sure Cory takes it like a champ, him and Lu have been nothing but class, they deserve a little better.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:47 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Schneider won't take offense to it, I'm sure, and perhaps it is standard - but I like to think AV is conscious of what sort of media reaction there will be, and as much as players say they tune it out, sometimes it can be an issue.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:49 PM
Smokey McCanucks

Chicago delenda est

Old
01-31-2013, 03:50 PM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 2061
Schnieder is a grown man. His tandem partner getting a start after a shutout is not going to affect his confidence. Think about it, your pal and mentor needs a few games to get his mojo back, do you begrudge him? How many times has Luongo been the leadership guy? Let Schnieder be the gracious one without calling his character into question, FFS!

Old
01-31-2013, 03:52 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Schnieder is a grown man. His tandem partner getting a start after a shutout is not going to affect his confidence. Think about it, your pal and mentor needs a few games to get his mojo back, do you begrudge him? How many times has Luongo been the leadership guy? Let Schnieder be the gracious one without calling his character into question, FFS!
Logic has no place here!!!!

Old
01-31-2013, 03:58 PM
Proto

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Luongo doesn't need to get his mojo back. He's been clearly the better goaltender this season -- ainec. I think it's the right move, but it's surprising. In recent years they would have deferred to Luongo in the same scenario if he was strugglign a bit like Schneider has in order to get him rolling.

Clearly the Canucks aren't going to muck around.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:03 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Stupid of AV not to let Schneider know

Old
01-31-2013, 04:05 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Luongo doesn't need to get his mojo back. He's been clearly the better goaltender this season -- ainec. I think it's the right move, but it's surprising. In recent years they would have deferred to Luongo in the same scenario if he was strugglign a bit like Schneider has in order to get him rolling.

Clearly the Canucks aren't going to muck around.
Lu is definitely playing well against pop gun offences so far. If he didn't let in 2 weak ones against Edmonton I might agree with your AINEC, but alas....

Old
01-31-2013, 04:07 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
AV really doesn't care about creating storylines around the team.
Why should he.

He's a hockey coach. THIS IS NORMAL BUSINESS AS USUAL STUFF.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:10 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
Lu is definitely playing well against pop gun offences so far. If he didn't let in 2 weak ones against Edmonton I might agree with your AINEC, but alas....
Lu got the Kings, Schneids got the Sharks....Lu got the Oil, Schneids got the Flames.

Schneids also got the pop gun Ducks TWICE.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:11 PM
VanEric

Quote:
That was his first hockey game since last Spring and he made a couple bad reads. He's been better the last two. Schneider's been fine too but not to the point where it feels like we should go against the guy coming off a shutout.

If this happened a year ago, people would be having fun with their "AV is protecting Luongo from the Hawks" storyline.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:13 PM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

The hate for AV on here is getting ridiculous.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:14 PM
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations

Would love for Canucks to bring up Vandermeer and Archibald and have them take the opening face off with Bieksa, Volpatti and Kassian, ala NYR vs Flyers last season.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:15 PM
Royal Canuck
Go Jumbo Joe!

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back in 94 View Post
The hate for AV on here is getting ridiculous.
And for what?

We're 7 games into the season for crying out loud.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Old
01-31-2013, 04:18 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Lu got the Kings, Schneids got the Sharks....Lu got the Oil, Schneids got the Flames.

Schneids also got the pop gun Ducks TWICE.
I am glad we agree. Schneider played against teams in the top half of the league offensively and Luongo in the bottom half. He certainly played well in LA, but we still lost because of a late goal.

I have no issue with whoever plays, but to suggest Lu has really been much better isn't a fact, it's a rather hopeful opinion.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:18 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

You guys continue to make the biggest deal out of nothing.

01-31-2013, 04:20 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
I am glad we agree. Schneider played against teams in the top half of the league offensively and Luongo in the bottom half. He certainly played well in LA, but we still lost because of a late goal.

I have no issue with whoever plays, but to suggest Lu has really been much better isn't a fact, it's a rather hopeful opinion.
Luongo has been better the same way Schneider was better last season. When some of us brought up that Schneider played easier teams everyone just dimissed it.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:20 PM
luongo321

In the words of Argus Filch, 'I wanna see some punishment!'

That hit really pissed me off. That was intent to injure an unsuspecting opponent. Sometimes you can see someone taking a run at another player if they play dirty, but Daniel Sedin would not hurt a fly. The Sedins are two of the kindest players in this entire league. They would never wish harm on someone and I can't believe someone would stoop to such a sneaky level and cheapshot someone like that, especially a Sedin. That hit ended any chance we had at a Stanley Cup. Based on how easily the Kings waltzed there way to a cup, that very well could have been us if our team wasn't so thrown off by that hit.

Keith is a very smart player. He is extremely hard to hit when players dump in the puck. Someone needs to deal with him. A fight is not enough, especially if it's someone like Burrows because Burrows can't do that much damage. I'm not sure what's going to happen, but our team better be pissed off. I wouldn't mind seeing some Keith Ballard hipchecks as well. I think Volpatti will line a few players up. Should be an interesting game.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:21 PM
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
And for what?

We're 7 games into the season for crying out loud.
AV hate goes back years though, it's not a new thing.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:23 PM
Free Kassian

Can't remember the last time anyone really nailed Duncan Keith. Doubt it happens tomorrow.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:24 PM
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe

Quote:

But to suggest Schneider is the better goalie because of superior stats over a smaller sample last season isn't a hopeful opinion?

Old
01-31-2013, 04:28 PM
Babs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkP View Post
Can't remember the last time anyone really nailed Duncan Keith. Doubt it happens tomorrow.

Closed Thread