HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The NHL 2012-13

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 02:07 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
That is awesome.
If you want to see more that are equally hilarious, go sift through the ESPN Knows Hockey thread on Page 1... there is some great material in that thread, but thought this one was definitely worth sharing. I'm sure there are some Hawks ones, but the thread is like 30 pages so didn't go through all of it.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:10 PM
Blue Liner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
If you want to see more that are equally hilarious, go sift through the ESPN Knows Hockey thread on Page 1... there is some great material in that thread, but thought this one was definitely worth sharing. I'm sure there are some Hawks ones, but the thread is like 30 pages so didn't go through all of it.
He's one of my most disliked guys in the league and I have some Coyote-fan friends who I was only too happy to share that with.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:13 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:

priceless.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:14 PM
RayP

Old
01-31-2013, 02:17 PM
RayP

The Buff one made me spit my drink out.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:20 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Hahahahahaha

Old
01-31-2013, 02:22 PM
Blue Liner

They're hilarious.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:22 PM
RayP

Old
01-31-2013, 02:27 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Wow, Ovie is creepy as hell. I wish they would really use those pics on ESPN.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:58 PM
Blue Liner

Maybe someone in here can enlighten and educate me.

Was reading the Coyotes board and the thread about the ownership situation. Just about everyone in there was slamming the NHL and saying how rotten the league has been about this and they don't trust them and how if they let the team leave Phoenix they're done with the league/hockey/etc.

I must be missing some major facts here but what has the league done to be the bad guys in all this? Have they not had control of the team for four years now for the reason of trying to let all the political and ownership stuff take form and keep the team there? I'm really lost on all that.

I would've asked in that thread but I've gone in there in peace before and gotten completely torched and accused of trolling so wasn't about to ask there, but, I was left scratching my head. I must really be missing something.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:00 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:

Was reading the Coyotes board and the thread about the ownership situation. Just about everyone in there was slamming the NHL and saying how rotten the league has been about this and they don't trust them and how if they let the team leave Phoenix they're done with the league/hockey/etc.

I must be missing some major facts here but what has the league done to be the bad guys in all this? Have they not had control of the team for four years now for the reason of trying to let all the political and ownership stuff take form and keep the team there? I'm really lost on all that.

I would've asked in that thread but I've gone in there in peace before and gotten completely torched and accused of trolling so wasn't about to ask there, but, I was left scratching my head. I must really be missing something.
I'm sure the NHL will miss both of the Coyotes fans they lose

Old
01-31-2013, 03:00 PM
RayP

Quote:

Why don't you ask them for their opinion on Atlanta and what happened with the Thrashers vs what's going on in Glendale...

I haven't seen that thread, but that's a joke if they're seriously crying and whining about it. The NHL has owned them and taken a hit for far too long there. Sometimes you just have to admit it didn't work out, even if it's something you're passionate about and a big fan of. While it will suck for them, you have to look at it from an outsiders perspective and admit it's just not working in Glendale, and never will.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:01 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 1868

Old
01-31-2013, 03:03 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Why don't you ask them for their opinion on Atlanta and what happened with the Thrashers vs what's going on in Glendale...

I haven't seen that thread, but that's a joke if they're seriously crying and whining about it. The NHL has owned them and taken a hit for far too long there. Sometimes you just have to admit it didn't work out, even if it's something you're passionate about and a big fan of. While it will suck for them, you have to look at it from an outsiders perspective and admit it's just not working in Glendale, and never will.
That's what confused me was a lot of them were referencing the Atlanta thing and what the league did there to somehow correlate their angst and distrust with regard to the league and their own organization and it just didn't make sense. They've owned you for four years, and you've become a pretty good team in that time on the league's dime while allowed all that time for a resolution to keep the team there. It doesn't make any sense to me to slam the league if the franchise leaves.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:04 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 695
Quote:
Okay, now that was awesome.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:05 PM
RayP

Quote:
That's what confused me was a lot of them were referencing the Atlanta thing and what the league did there to somehow correlate their angst and distrust with regard to the league and their own organization and it just didn't make sense. They've owned you for four years, and you've become a pretty good team in that time on the league's dime while allowed all that time for a resolution to keep the team there. It doesn't make any sense to me to slam the league if the franchise leaves.
Atlanta had what, 3 months to find an owner? Even then, one could argue the NHL already had the new owner and move in place even if they did find someone... I don't know what to tell you. Only thing I can think of is you've read a lot of posts from a guy over their who goes by AP (Arizona Pride), and lets just say he has a special outlook on things.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:05 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post

Old
01-31-2013, 03:07 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Atlanta had what, 3 months to find an owner? Even then, one could argue the NHL already had the new owner and move in place even if they did find someone... I don't know what to tell you. Only thing I can think of is you've read a lot of posts from a guy over their who goes by AP (Arizona Pride), and lets just say he has a special outlook on things.
He wasn't alone.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:08 PM
RayP

Quote:
He wasn't alone.
Must be something in the water. Hopefully you've flushed it out of your system from your time there.

If not, just promise me you'll never scout for the Hawks.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:11 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Must be something in the water. Hopefully you've flushed it out of your system from your time there.

If not, just promise me you'll never scout for the Hawks.
I've just been reminded today why I don't go on other teams' boards too often.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:14 PM
RayP

I tend to only stray to other teams boards to check out injury info, and that's about it.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:16 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

those pics are perfect

Old
01-31-2013, 04:22 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
those pics are perfect
Need to make a Luongo one

or

Old
01-31-2013, 04:34 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Need to make a Luongo one

Is the goalie's mask just a graphic...or is there actually a hole there so you can practice shooting at his head...i can't tell from the picture.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:39 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

you need to check out that thread. Dying laughing

Closed Thread