HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The NHL 2012-13

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2013, 02:07 PM
  #801
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 56,142
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
That is awesome.
If you want to see more that are equally hilarious, go sift through the ESPN Knows Hockey thread on Page 1... there is some great material in that thread, but thought this one was definitely worth sharing. I'm sure there are some Hawks ones, but the thread is like 30 pages so didn't go through all of it.

RayP is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:10 PM
  #802
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
If you want to see more that are equally hilarious, go sift through the ESPN Knows Hockey thread on Page 1... there is some great material in that thread, but thought this one was definitely worth sharing. I'm sure there are some Hawks ones, but the thread is like 30 pages so didn't go through all of it.
He's one of my most disliked guys in the league and I have some Coyote-fan friends who I was only too happy to share that with.

Blue Liner is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:13 PM
  #803
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!
 
TorMenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rockford, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post



priceless.

TorMenT is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:14 PM
  #804
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 56,142
vCash: 50

RayP is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:17 PM
  #805
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 56,142
vCash: 50
The Buff one made me spit my drink out.







RayP is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:20 PM
  #806
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!
 
TorMenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rockford, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,890
vCash: 500
Hahahahahaha

TorMenT is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:22 PM
  #807
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,398
vCash: 500
They're hilarious.

Blue Liner is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:22 PM
  #808
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 56,142
vCash: 50







RayP is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:27 PM
  #809
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!
 
TorMenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rockford, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,890
vCash: 500
Wow, Ovie is creepy as hell. I wish they would really use those pics on ESPN.

TorMenT is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:58 PM
  #810
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,398
vCash: 500
Maybe someone in here can enlighten and educate me.

Was reading the Coyotes board and the thread about the ownership situation. Just about everyone in there was slamming the NHL and saying how rotten the league has been about this and they don't trust them and how if they let the team leave Phoenix they're done with the league/hockey/etc.

I must be missing some major facts here but what has the league done to be the bad guys in all this? Have they not had control of the team for four years now for the reason of trying to let all the political and ownership stuff take form and keep the team there? I'm really lost on all that.

I would've asked in that thread but I've gone in there in peace before and gotten completely torched and accused of trolling so wasn't about to ask there, but, I was left scratching my head. I must really be missing something.

Blue Liner is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:00 PM
  #811
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
Maybe someone in here can enlighten and educate me.

Was reading the Coyotes board and the thread about the ownership situation. Just about everyone in there was slamming the NHL and saying how rotten the league has been about this and they don't trust them and how if they let the team leave Phoenix they're done with the league/hockey/etc.

I must be missing some major facts here but what has the league done to be the bad guys in all this? Have they not had control of the team for four years now for the reason of trying to let all the political and ownership stuff take form and keep the team there? I'm really lost on all that.

I would've asked in that thread but I've gone in there in peace before and gotten completely torched and accused of trolling so wasn't about to ask there, but, I was left scratching my head. I must really be missing something.
I'm sure the NHL will miss both of the Coyotes fans they lose

Illinihockey is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:00 PM
  #812
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 56,142
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
Maybe someone in here can enlighten and educate me.

Was reading the Coyotes board and the thread about the ownership situation. Just about everyone in there was slamming the NHL and saying how rotten the league has been about this and they don't trust them and how if they let the team leave Phoenix they're done with the league/hockey/etc.

I must be missing some major facts here but what has the league done to be the bad guys in all this? Have they not had control of the team for four years now for the reason of trying to let all the political and ownership stuff take form and keep the team there? I'm really lost on all that.

I would've asked in that thread but I've gone in there in peace before and gotten completely torched and accused of trolling so wasn't about to ask there, but, I was left scratching my head. I must really be missing something.
Why don't you ask them for their opinion on Atlanta and what happened with the Thrashers vs what's going on in Glendale...

I haven't seen that thread, but that's a joke if they're seriously crying and whining about it. The NHL has owned them and taken a hit for far too long there. Sometimes you just have to admit it didn't work out, even if it's something you're passionate about and a big fan of. While it will suck for them, you have to look at it from an outsiders perspective and admit it's just not working in Glendale, and never will.

RayP is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:01 PM
  #813
Gootie
Thug of the Year
 
Gootie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chiraq
Country: United States
Posts: 25,375
vCash: 1868

Gootie is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:03 PM
  #814
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Why don't you ask them for their opinion on Atlanta and what happened with the Thrashers vs what's going on in Glendale...

I haven't seen that thread, but that's a joke if they're seriously crying and whining about it. The NHL has owned them and taken a hit for far too long there. Sometimes you just have to admit it didn't work out, even if it's something you're passionate about and a big fan of. While it will suck for them, you have to look at it from an outsiders perspective and admit it's just not working in Glendale, and never will.
That's what confused me was a lot of them were referencing the Atlanta thing and what the league did there to somehow correlate their angst and distrust with regard to the league and their own organization and it just didn't make sense. They've owned you for four years, and you've become a pretty good team in that time on the league's dime while allowed all that time for a resolution to keep the team there. It doesn't make any sense to me to slam the league if the franchise leaves.

Blue Liner is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:04 PM
  #815
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Country: Fiji
Posts: 25,610
vCash: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Okay, now that was awesome.

No Fun Shogun is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:05 PM
  #816
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 56,142
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
That's what confused me was a lot of them were referencing the Atlanta thing and what the league did there to somehow correlate their angst and distrust with regard to the league and their own organization and it just didn't make sense. They've owned you for four years, and you've become a pretty good team in that time on the league's dime while allowed all that time for a resolution to keep the team there. It doesn't make any sense to me to slam the league if the franchise leaves.
Atlanta had what, 3 months to find an owner? Even then, one could argue the NHL already had the new owner and move in place even if they did find someone... I don't know what to tell you. Only thing I can think of is you've read a lot of posts from a guy over their who goes by AP (Arizona Pride), and lets just say he has a special outlook on things.

RayP is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:05 PM
  #817
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!
 
TorMenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rockford, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post

TorMenT is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:07 PM
  #818
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Atlanta had what, 3 months to find an owner? Even then, one could argue the NHL already had the new owner and move in place even if they did find someone... I don't know what to tell you. Only thing I can think of is you've read a lot of posts from a guy over their who goes by AP (Arizona Pride), and lets just say he has a special outlook on things.
He wasn't alone.

Blue Liner is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:08 PM
  #819
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 56,142
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
He wasn't alone.
Must be something in the water. Hopefully you've flushed it out of your system from your time there.

If not, just promise me you'll never scout for the Hawks.

RayP is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:11 PM
  #820
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Must be something in the water. Hopefully you've flushed it out of your system from your time there.

If not, just promise me you'll never scout for the Hawks.
I've just been reminded today why I don't go on other teams' boards too often.

Blue Liner is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:14 PM
  #821
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 56,142
vCash: 50
I tend to only stray to other teams boards to check out injury info, and that's about it.

RayP is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 04:16 PM
  #822
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,249
vCash: 500
those pics are perfect

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 04:22 PM
  #823
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
those pics are perfect
Need to make a Luongo one



or


Illinihockey is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 04:34 PM
  #824
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Need to make a Luongo one


Is the goalie's mask just a graphic...or is there actually a hole there so you can practice shooting at his head...i can't tell from the picture.

UsernameWasTaken is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 04:39 PM
  #825
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,249
vCash: 500
you need to check out that thread. Dying laughing

Bubba88 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.