HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Canadiens re-sign PK Subban (2 yrs/$5.75M) Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 07:16 AM
hockeyfan2k11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
In the 80s half the league was high on cocaine, didn't work out and partied out late. Coaches were babysitters more than anything.

It was also the highest scoring era in hockey history.

Players are becoming more and more boring due to this fictitious concept of silent respect. It's why the NHL will never be a bigger league than the NBA or NFL. The casual fan likes an athlete who enjoys winning. Nobody enjoys winning in the NHL in fear it might hurt the opposition's feelings.
Agreed. All these silly unwritten rules. Pretty sure the players want the game to grow....guys like PK will help grow it more than a guy like Gorges.

Old
01-31-2013, 07:18 AM
Tuggy

Can't wait to have PK back. Adding a player of his caliber should do wonders.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:07 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
if only it could means no more Kaberle and Bouillon playing on the left!

Old
01-31-2013, 10:32 AM
thom

Thanks for the answer but Lafleur played most of career in 70's in a very violent era.The point was writers would go into atlhletes personal lives with no fear of a law suit.Today every thing is so corporate and clean the writers and players need to be careful what they say.When you mentioned cocaine are you talking about the mighty edmontion oilers doing cocaine?READ SI ARTICLE IN MID-80'S

Old
01-31-2013, 10:42 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Reading TSN and the Canadian Press story that's being republished everywhere about how PK "must buy in" I am wondering if the fans are being set up for a trade.

Over the years the Habs have housed some absolute a-holes in their dressing rooms, none have had their character openly attacked as much as PK has.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:51 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Very smart article on the subject of the media harping the team about PK, and trying to make something out of nothing:

http://thehockeywriters.com/pk-subban-is-not-poison/

Old
01-31-2013, 12:10 PM
Tusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Will be a thing of beauty at this point.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:22 PM
Gally11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Reading TSN and the Canadian Press story that's being republished everywhere about how PK "must buy in" I am wondering if the fans are being set up for a trade.

Over the years the Habs have housed some absolute a-holes in their dressing rooms, none have had their character openly attacked as much as PK has.
He's not being traded, he doesn't have a problem in the dressing room, he'll play this weekend or early next week and everything will be fine. I don't know if you watched CH24 but every player was told the same thing as PK was and there was no articles on it them, you need to buy into the system or you won't play. Subban just always gets everything he does exaggerated times 10

Old
01-31-2013, 04:49 PM
sheed36

I just read on twitter a post from that Leafs hack Bill Watters from Jan 29 about PK and that he's not surprised by the MTL's reaction to PK's return. The interesting part is he said this will be the last contract PK will sign in MTL. Sounds more like a Habs hater talking out of his butt if you ask me.

Quote:
Bill Watters ‏@RealBillWatters

No surprise to MTL reaction to PK's return.The coach & GM were aware of the consequences.This will be the last contract Subban signs in MTL
https://twitter.com/RealBillWatters/...84758567546882

Old
01-31-2013, 04:52 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I just read on twitter a post from that Leafs hack Bill Watters from Jan 29 about PK and that he's not surprised by the MTL's reaction to PK's return. The interesting part is he said this will be the last contract PK will sign in MTL. Sounds more like a Habs hater talking out of his butt if you ask me.

I wouldn't take anything Watters says seriously, but I do fear that Subban may be upset that he was forced to accept a lowball offer and may wish to leave the team the first chance he gets. I hope that is not the case and then 2 years from now we are announcing a new 8 year contract for him.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:57 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:

It really shocks me to see how nobody realized that Markov was mocking Therrien's comments.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:12 PM
DJ Breadman

People have been bashing Patrick Marleau for similar things for years yet he is still in san jose and last time I checked he was leading the league in scoring, you guys buy into this media garbage way to easily, you forget it's a game the media they need stuff to write about and they are not afraid to speculate and rumor monger

Old
01-31-2013, 05:40 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Let's say that it was Plekanec who was holding out, and the players used the exact same quotes that they used when talking about subban returning.

Would there be any sort of suggestion that Plekanec is not well liked by his teammates?

Sure, the players might have had some issues with PK, but I doubt that this is an uncommon occurrence for young players in this league.

Whatever the issues may be, I seriously doubt that they are major issues, and this is just the media trying to make a mountain out of a mole because its PK.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:58 PM
Gary320

One good game in for PK, and everyone will forget this ever happened.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:59 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 670
Josh Gorges took 4-5 slapshots into a crowd of Habs players at practice trying to hit Prust. While Prust was laughing Gorges didn't laugh and no one said boo about it.

Why? Because it was a non-story. However, it is 10 times worse than anything PK has ever done. It's crazy the hate the media have for PK when they should be kissing his feet for the flair he brings to the game.

Old
01-31-2013, 06:00 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
I wouldn't take anything Watters says seriously, but I do fear that Subban may be upset that he was forced to accept a lowball offer and may wish to leave the team the first chance he gets. I hope that is not the case and then 2 years from now we are announcing a new 8 year contract for him.
That's why I said it sounds like someone who's just talking out of his butt. Still a pretty bold statement by Watters saying this would be the last contract PK will sign with the Habs.

Also Oiler fans really need to stop with the PK trade proposals and offering different combination's including the likes of Whitney, Paajarvi, Lander, Petry, and picks for PK over and over again. It's not gonna happen so please stop it.

Old
01-31-2013, 06:06 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 670
I'd be shocked if Bill Watters could still dress himself. I'm sure as heck not going to take anything he says seriously, especially about Montreal.

The guy even looks old for forever. (Louis CK joke!)

Old
01-31-2013, 06:13 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Josh Gorges took 4-5 slapshots into a crowd of Habs players at practice trying to hit Prust. While Prust was laughing Gorges didn't laugh and no one said boo about it.

Why? Because it was a non-story. However, it is 10 times worse than anything PK has ever done. It's crazy the hate the media have for PK when they should be kissing his feet for the flair he brings to the game.
Actually that's incorrect. RDS confirmed that Gorges laughed it off after the shot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b02zDrv6ric

Still - your point is still true. Had Gorges been pissed, we wouldn't here anything about it. Media would just say the boys are tired.. blah blah blah.

Old
01-31-2013, 06:18 PM
sharks9

Quote:

He's just talking out of his ass.

Old
01-31-2013, 06:26 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Let's say that it was Plekanec who was holding out, and the players used the exact same quotes that they used when talking about subban returning.

Would there be any sort of suggestion that Plekanec is not well liked by his teammates?

Sure, the players might have had some issues with PK, but I doubt that this is an uncommon occurrence for young players in this league.

Whatever the issues may be, I seriously doubt that they are major issues, and this is just the media trying to make a mountain out of a mole because its PK.
Subban wasn't "holding out" he was an unsigned Free Agent. Holding out is for palyers with signed contracts looking for a new deal(no longer doable since last CBA).

Old
01-31-2013, 06:30 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Subban wasn't "holding out" he was an unsigned Free Agent. Holding out is for palyers with signed contracts looking for a new deal(no longer doable since last CBA).
True. Thanks for pointing that out.

Old
01-31-2013, 06:38 PM
thom

The thing about Marleau is that Jeremy Roneik thinks he' a bad captain and overated?If Marleau continues at this pace he might be a hall of famer?

Old
01-31-2013, 06:51 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Very smart article on the subject of the media harping the team about PK, and trying to make something out of nothing:

http://thehockeywriters.com/pk-subban-is-not-poison/
Pretty much what I've been saying since the start.

Old
01-31-2013, 07:58 PM
DenverHabsFan

Wtf, rds?? This is getting ridiculous. Jocelyn Lemieux saying that it's too perfect for Subban to come back after a loss and that he deserves to wait and they have to teach him a lesson! A lesson for doing what? Fans love him but the media is going to run PK out of town.

And apparently now Markov HATES PK because he would not comment on the situation so they say we need to trade Markov right now because they can't coexist. Unreal.

Last edited by DenverHabsFan: 01-31-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old
01-31-2013, 08:16 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
Wtf, rds?? This is getting ridiculous. Jocelyn Lemieux saying that it's too perfect for Subban to come back after a loss and that he deserves to wait and they have to teach him a lesson! A lesson for doing what? Fans love him but the media is going to run PK out of town.

And apparently now Markov HATES PK because he would not comment on the situation so they say we need to trade Markov right now because they can't coexist. Unreal.
Now consider the thousands of people who don't realize the absurdity of all this media artifice.

Closed Thread