HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Canadiens re-sign PK Subban (2 yrs/$5.75M) Part 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2013, 07:16 AM
  #176
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
In the 80s half the league was high on cocaine, didn't work out and partied out late. Coaches were babysitters more than anything.

It was also the highest scoring era in hockey history.

Players are becoming more and more boring due to this fictitious concept of silent respect. It's why the NHL will never be a bigger league than the NBA or NFL. The casual fan likes an athlete who enjoys winning. Nobody enjoys winning in the NHL in fear it might hurt the opposition's feelings.
Agreed. All these silly unwritten rules. Pretty sure the players want the game to grow....guys like PK will help grow it more than a guy like Gorges.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 07:18 AM
  #177
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,819
vCash: 500
Can't wait to have PK back. Adding a player of his caliber should do wonders.

Tuggy is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:07 AM
  #178
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 16,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Can't wait to have PK back. Adding a player of his caliber should do wonders.
if only it could means no more Kaberle and Bouillon playing on the left!

ECWHSWI is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:32 AM
  #179
thom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,194
vCash: 500
Thanks for the answer but Lafleur played most of career in 70's in a very violent era.The point was writers would go into atlhletes personal lives with no fear of a law suit.Today every thing is so corporate and clean the writers and players need to be careful what they say.When you mentioned cocaine are you talking about the mighty edmontion oilers doing cocaine?READ SI ARTICLE IN MID-80'S

thom is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:42 AM
  #180
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,323
vCash: 500
Reading TSN and the Canadian Press story that's being republished everywhere about how PK "must buy in" I am wondering if the fans are being set up for a trade.

Over the years the Habs have housed some absolute a-holes in their dressing rooms, none have had their character openly attacked as much as PK has.

Agnostic is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:51 AM
  #181
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,409
vCash: 500
Very smart article on the subject of the media harping the team about PK, and trying to make something out of nothing:

http://thehockeywriters.com/pk-subban-is-not-poison/

Dr Gonzo is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 12:10 PM
  #182
Tusk
Registered User
 
Tusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 3,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Can't wait to have PK back. Adding a player of his caliber should do wonders.
Will be a thing of beauty at this point.

Tusk is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 12:22 PM
  #183
Gally11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Reading TSN and the Canadian Press story that's being republished everywhere about how PK "must buy in" I am wondering if the fans are being set up for a trade.

Over the years the Habs have housed some absolute a-holes in their dressing rooms, none have had their character openly attacked as much as PK has.
He's not being traded, he doesn't have a problem in the dressing room, he'll play this weekend or early next week and everything will be fine. I don't know if you watched CH24 but every player was told the same thing as PK was and there was no articles on it them, you need to buy into the system or you won't play. Subban just always gets everything he does exaggerated times 10

Gally11 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 04:49 PM
  #184
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,458
vCash: 500
I just read on twitter a post from that Leafs hack Bill Watters from Jan 29 about PK and that he's not surprised by the MTL's reaction to PK's return. The interesting part is he said this will be the last contract PK will sign in MTL. Sounds more like a Habs hater talking out of his butt if you ask me.

Quote:
Bill Watters ‏@RealBillWatters

No surprise to MTL reaction to PK's return.The coach & GM were aware of the consequences.This will be the last contract Subban signs in MTL
https://twitter.com/RealBillWatters/...84758567546882

sheed36 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 04:52 PM
  #185
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I just read on twitter a post from that Leafs hack Bill Watters from Jan 29 about PK and that he's not surprised by the MTL's reaction to PK's return. The interesting part is he said this will be the last contract PK will sign in MTL. Sounds more like a Habs hater talking out of his butt if you ask me.



https://twitter.com/RealBillWatters/...84758567546882
I wouldn't take anything Watters says seriously, but I do fear that Subban may be upset that he was forced to accept a lowball offer and may wish to leave the team the first chance he gets. I hope that is not the case and then 2 years from now we are announcing a new 8 year contract for him.

Fish on The Sand is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 04:57 PM
  #186
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,992
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I just read on twitter a post from that Leafs hack Bill Watters from Jan 29 about PK and that he's not surprised by the MTL's reaction to PK's return. The interesting part is he said this will be the last contract PK will sign in MTL. Sounds more like a Habs hater talking out of his butt if you ask me.



https://twitter.com/RealBillWatters/...84758567546882
It really shocks me to see how nobody realized that Markov was mocking Therrien's comments.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 05:12 PM
  #187
DJ Breadman
Registered User
 
DJ Breadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,700
vCash: 500
People have been bashing Patrick Marleau for similar things for years yet he is still in san jose and last time I checked he was leading the league in scoring, you guys buy into this media garbage way to easily, you forget it's a game the media they need stuff to write about and they are not afraid to speculate and rumor monger

DJ Breadman is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 05:40 PM
  #188
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,915
vCash: 500
Let's say that it was Plekanec who was holding out, and the players used the exact same quotes that they used when talking about subban returning.

Would there be any sort of suggestion that Plekanec is not well liked by his teammates?

Sure, the players might have had some issues with PK, but I doubt that this is an uncommon occurrence for young players in this league.

Whatever the issues may be, I seriously doubt that they are major issues, and this is just the media trying to make a mountain out of a mole because its PK.

Hackett is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 05:58 PM
  #189
Gary320
Moderator
 
Gary320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 13,936
vCash: 500
One good game in for PK, and everyone will forget this ever happened.

Gary320 is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 05:59 PM
  #190
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 14,596
vCash: 670
Josh Gorges took 4-5 slapshots into a crowd of Habs players at practice trying to hit Prust. While Prust was laughing Gorges didn't laugh and no one said boo about it.

Why? Because it was a non-story. However, it is 10 times worse than anything PK has ever done. It's crazy the hate the media have for PK when they should be kissing his feet for the flair he brings to the game.

Habsawce is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 06:00 PM
  #191
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
I wouldn't take anything Watters says seriously, but I do fear that Subban may be upset that he was forced to accept a lowball offer and may wish to leave the team the first chance he gets. I hope that is not the case and then 2 years from now we are announcing a new 8 year contract for him.
That's why I said it sounds like someone who's just talking out of his butt. Still a pretty bold statement by Watters saying this would be the last contract PK will sign with the Habs.

Also Oiler fans really need to stop with the PK trade proposals and offering different combination's including the likes of Whitney, Paajarvi, Lander, Petry, and picks for PK over and over again. It's not gonna happen so please stop it.

sheed36 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 06:06 PM
  #192
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 14,596
vCash: 670
I'd be shocked if Bill Watters could still dress himself. I'm sure as heck not going to take anything he says seriously, especially about Montreal.

The guy even looks old for forever. (Louis CK joke!)

Habsawce is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 06:13 PM
  #193
Gary320
Moderator
 
Gary320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 13,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Josh Gorges took 4-5 slapshots into a crowd of Habs players at practice trying to hit Prust. While Prust was laughing Gorges didn't laugh and no one said boo about it.

Why? Because it was a non-story. However, it is 10 times worse than anything PK has ever done. It's crazy the hate the media have for PK when they should be kissing his feet for the flair he brings to the game.
Actually that's incorrect. RDS confirmed that Gorges laughed it off after the shot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b02zDrv6ric

Still - your point is still true. Had Gorges been pissed, we wouldn't here anything about it. Media would just say the boys are tired.. blah blah blah.

Gary320 is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 06:18 PM
  #194
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I just read on twitter a post from that Leafs hack Bill Watters from Jan 29 about PK and that he's not surprised by the MTL's reaction to PK's return. The interesting part is he said this will be the last contract PK will sign in MTL. Sounds more like a Habs hater talking out of his butt if you ask me.



https://twitter.com/RealBillWatters/...84758567546882
He's just talking out of his ass.

sharks9 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 06:26 PM
  #195
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Let's say that it was Plekanec who was holding out, and the players used the exact same quotes that they used when talking about subban returning.

Would there be any sort of suggestion that Plekanec is not well liked by his teammates?

Sure, the players might have had some issues with PK, but I doubt that this is an uncommon occurrence for young players in this league.

Whatever the issues may be, I seriously doubt that they are major issues, and this is just the media trying to make a mountain out of a mole because its PK.
Subban wasn't "holding out" he was an unsigned Free Agent. Holding out is for palyers with signed contracts looking for a new deal(no longer doable since last CBA).

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 06:30 PM
  #196
Habaddict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Subban wasn't "holding out" he was an unsigned Free Agent. Holding out is for palyers with signed contracts looking for a new deal(no longer doable since last CBA).
True. Thanks for pointing that out.

Habaddict is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 06:38 PM
  #197
thom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,194
vCash: 500
The thing about Marleau is that Jeremy Roneik thinks he' a bad captain and overated?If Marleau continues at this pace he might be a hall of famer?

thom is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 06:51 PM
  #198
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Very smart article on the subject of the media harping the team about PK, and trying to make something out of nothing:

http://thehockeywriters.com/pk-subban-is-not-poison/
Pretty much what I've been saying since the start.

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 07:58 PM
  #199
DenverHabsFan
Registered User
 
DenverHabsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 1,440
vCash: 500
Wtf, rds?? This is getting ridiculous. Jocelyn Lemieux saying that it's too perfect for Subban to come back after a loss and that he deserves to wait and they have to teach him a lesson! A lesson for doing what? Fans love him but the media is going to run PK out of town.

And apparently now Markov HATES PK because he would not comment on the situation so they say we need to trade Markov right now because they can't coexist. Unreal.


Last edited by DenverHabsFan: 01-31-2013 at 08:05 PM.
DenverHabsFan is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:16 PM
  #200
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
Wtf, rds?? This is getting ridiculous. Jocelyn Lemieux saying that it's too perfect for Subban to come back after a loss and that he deserves to wait and they have to teach him a lesson! A lesson for doing what? Fans love him but the media is going to run PK out of town.

And apparently now Markov HATES PK because he would not comment on the situation so they say we need to trade Markov right now because they can't coexist. Unreal.
Now consider the thousands of people who don't realize the absurdity of all this media artifice.

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.