HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ovechkin

Old
01-31-2013, 02:04 PM
StarsFan74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino11 View Post
How about

Beaulieu + 1round 2013 + Leblanc + gionta vs ovi

Cap get a young dman with a #1 potential
Get a 1round that probably be in the top 15
Get a good vet that put some point (specially with a centre like backstrom)
Get a young centre in Leblanc that is a potential 2 centre

I think it a fair offer for ovi due to is cap hit
That's 3 potentials (2013 1st included) and an ageing veteran for a player, who can also potentially turn it around and score 50 goals again.

McPhee ROTFLHAO.

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:52 PM
ViD
Arty vs Nash 22:25

vCash: 520
Right now is the worst time to move him for the Caps.
If anybody thinks OV will get even worse, it's wrong. Once the Caps get healthy or if a new coach lets him play hockey the way he wants, he'll be back to good scoring production and then it's a good time to trade if Caps want that

ViD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:13 PM
UnknownAvenger

If Anaheim is in solid position at the trade deadline AND have re-signed Getz/Perry, how about:

Ryan
Vatanen
+ mid draft pick maybe ?

for

Ovechkin

BB obviously knows what he's getting with Ovie.

Washington adds a near-ready prospect who will be their top D prospect at moment and a guy who has consistently hit 30G the past few years and brings a physical presence who, IMO, needs a change of scenery and to get away from Getz/Perry and be more of "the guy" someplace else.

Assuming Selanne does finally retire next season, his money + Bobby's cover Ovie. Ducks will have quite a bit of cheap youth in the plans (Etem, Holland, Rakell, Palmieri, etc...) to fill spots cheaply.

I like this lineup for Anaheim's playoff Top6:

Getz
Perry
Ovechkin
Selanne
Koivu
Winnik/Palmieri/Etem/Holland

UnknownAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:22 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViD View Post
Right now is the worst time to move him for the Caps.
If anybody thinks OV will get even worse, it's wrong. Once the Caps get healthy or if a new coach lets him play hockey the way he wants, he'll be back to good scoring production and then it's a good time to trade if Caps want that
You keep making those exucses for his poor play.

BTW AO has already cost 2 good head coaches their job and he is well on his way to a 3rd.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:38 PM
ViD
Arty vs Nash 22:25

vCash: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
You keep making those exucses for his poor play.

BTW AO has already cost 2 good head coaches their job and he is well on his way to a 3rd.
Ovechkin is not a fit for "get one goal lead then try to hold on to it" system. He needs a fast offensive minded system where he's allowed to play offense first and obviously he needs someone better than Crabb and Beagle as his linemates. OV is a scorer, not a playmaker, he can't make linemates better

ViD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:48 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViD View Post
Ovechkin is not a fit for "get one goal lead then try to hold on to it" system. He needs a fast offensive minded system where he's allowed to play offense first and obviously he needs someone better than Crabb and Beagle as his linemates. OV is a scorer, not a playmaker, he can't make linemates better

No such system exsists anymore. Every player in the league is expected to be defensivly responsible and think of the team first. AO refuses to do that. Until he does, he is just a one trick pony

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:55 PM
MW6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownAvenger View Post
If Anaheim is in solid position at the trade deadline AND have re-signed Getz/Perry, how about:

Ryan
Vatanen
+ mid draft pick maybe ?

for

Ovechkin

Washington adds a near-ready prospect who will be their top D prospect at moment and a guy who has consistently hit 30G the past few years and brings a physical presence who, IMO, needs a change of scenery and to get away from Getz/Perry and be more of "the guy" someplace else.

Assuming Selanne does finally retire next season, his money + Bobby's cover Ovie. Ducks will have quite a bit of cheap youth in the plans (Etem, Holland, Rakell, Palmieri, etc...) to fill spots cheaply.

Getz
Perry
Ovechkin
Selanne
Koivu
Make that Ryan + Sbisa + mid pick and b-prospect and I'll seriously consider it.

MW6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:03 PM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Without Orlov and with the 2nd being a 1st, maybe. At this point I'd rather have Orlov than Luke Schenn.

Thing to consider is that even if Ovi plays at the level he played last season/in the KHL he's a 40g 80p player at worst on pretty much any team that has top 6 players to put him with and secondary scoring depth. Flyers top 6 would probably be Ovechkin-Giroux-Simmonds/Hartnell-Briere-Read. Laviolette runs an offensive style. In that situation he's probably 45-95 if not 50-100+. And he still brings everything in the playoffs.

That's a trade that would haunt us for a long time.
Could definitely see us being haunted.....I just want the old Ovi back dammit

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:07 PM
MISC*
Negged.

Luongo
Jensen
Kesler
1st

for

Ovi
Backstrom

MISC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:16 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Gionta+Beaulieu+Eller+ Pick ?

Would that work ?

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:20 PM
thom

He never gets injured he seems he's a good lime mate Does someone know what has happened to this future hall of famer?

thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:24 PM
UnknownAvenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post
Make that Ryan + Sbisa + mid pick and b-prospect and I'll seriously consider it.
Sbisa is too important right now until Lindholm/Vatanen show they can take his role (even then, he's physical too)...so much as I'd love AO to be a Duck, I don't I'd move Sbisa to upgrade Ryan.

Best I can do is:

Ryan
Vatanen
1st round pick

UnknownAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:26 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaycrash View Post
Could definitely see us being haunted.....I just want the old Ovi back dammit
I mean, if this trade or something like it went through I'd probably just hop teams and enjoy the ride. Would be easier that way.

Halpysback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:37 PM
avsfan89

Avs:

Stastny
Jones
Barrie
2nd

Capitals give:

Ovechkin
Forsberg

avsfan89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:05 PM
Steve Varmalov
And Then....

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
Avs:

Stastny
Jones
Barrie
2nd

Capitals give:

Ovechkin
Forsberg
Caps won't do this deal with Forsberg in it. Not sure if they would do it with just Ovi.

Steve Varmalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:11 PM
avsfan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Varmalov View Post
Caps won't do this deal with Forsberg in it. Not sure if they would do it with just Ovi.
if ovie was making 7 mil and producing of course no way. But his contract salary and term make him less untouchable. Stastny as a no.2 behind backstrom gives them all of a sudden a good 1-2 punch down the middle. Jones is still capable of 30 goal potential as well.
Barrie is a great prospect as well and has put up great numbers in the ahl. a 2nd adds to it too. I'd prob even throw in Colin Smith

of course the caps may not be willing to part with forsberg but aim high first! Id take any of forsberg, kuzenetsov (spelling?), orlov, or maybe even mike green in addition to ovie.

Last edited by avsfan89: 01-31-2013 at 05:20 PM.
avsfan89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:20 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISC View Post
Luongo
Jensen
Kesler
1st

for

Ovi
Backstrom
Not that Washington would even consider that but how does Vancouver add 6 million in cap?

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:24 PM
Sharppi
Nothing to see here

Okay, I'm going to throw an offer which might gather some hate on both sides.

As this is a Value of: -thread, I'm going to ignore NTC/NMC's. I'm kinda also basing this to the Nash trade.

Wild:
Heatley, Brodziak, Scandella & 2013 1st.

Caps:
Ovechkin & 2013 2nd.

I think that this proposal will be declined from the Caps fans due to their views on Heatley, and from Wild fans due to their views of Ovi declining.

Also, Wild values Heatley greatly as a locker room guy and he played a role in getting Parise & Suter in town.

Sharppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:30 PM
MW6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Gionta+Beaulieu+Eller+ Pick ?

Would that work ?
Doesn't fill the Caps needs. A 34 yo UFA after next season, who has problems staying healthy and hasn't reached 50 pts in 3 yrs, a PMD which the Caps already have 3 of, a 3C and a pick. Ovie is not going to be a Hab if atleast neither of Pacioretty or Galchenyuk is involved. I also think that Tinordi is more the type of a D-man Caps would be looking for.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:32 PM
MW6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharppi View Post
Okay, I'm going to throw an offer which might gather some hate on both sides.

As this is a Value of: -thread, I'm going to ignore NTC/NMC's. I'm kinda also basing this to the Nash trade.

Wild:
Heatley, Brodziak, Scandella & 2013 1st.

Caps:
Ovechkin & 2013 2nd.

I think that this proposal will be declined from the Caps fans due to their views on Heatley, and from Wild fans due to their views of Ovi declining.

Also, Wild values Heatley greatly as a locker room guy and he played a role in getting Parise & Suter in town.
This one ain't too bad IMO!

Old
01-31-2013, 06:04 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownAvenger View Post

Ryan
Vatanen
+ mid draft pick maybe ?

for

Ovechkin

Getz
Perry
Ovechkin
Selanne
Koivu
If there is one player that I think Boudreau doesn't want to see again, it is Ovechkin. I don't think it was all on Ovie, but there is clearly some residual bitterness there.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 07:06 PM
palindrom

As a Montreal fans, i offer Carey Price++

Any interest in Carey Price?

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:19 PM
FlyingHigh28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Without Orlov and with the 2nd being a 1st, maybe. At this point I'd rather have Orlov than Luke Schenn.

Thing to consider is that even if Ovi plays at the level he played last season/in the KHL he's a 40g 80p player at worst on pretty much any team that has top 6 players to put him with and secondary scoring depth. Flyers top 6 would probably be Ovechkin-Giroux-Simmonds/Hartnell-Briere-Read. Laviolette runs an offensive style. In that situation he's probably 45-95 if not 50-100+. And he still brings everything in the playoffs.

That's a trade that would haunt us for a long time.
I think it was a pretty fair offer as is. There's absolutely no guarantee Ovi is a 45-95 player in Philly or anywhere close to it. It's a huge gamble for the Flyers and it would be a mighty great start to a Washington mini-rebuild.

I tried to put together a realistic and fair offer for both sides. A lot of people would probably argue that given the current state of Ovi's game this is an overpayment. I think it's a gamble that's worth it, but many others would disagree. Assuming Orlov is kept in the deal, I could see the 2nd becoming a 1st, provided the 1st rounder is top-15 protected for 2013 (because the Flyers are awful this yr).

FlyingHigh28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:16 PM
Puckgenius*

Wsh would want Landeskog.

ovechkin for Landeskog and RoR

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:27 PM
Stephen

Could Ovechkin go to Pittsburgh? Let's say the Pens give up Dumoulin/Pouliot, Sutter and another piece. It's almost like the Jagr deal in reverse... Then Washington takes their package, builds around Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Forsberg, Dumoulin/Pouliot, Sutter, etc.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote