HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

GAME #8 - Canucks vs. Blackhawks - 7:00 TSN - You're Not Worthy

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 03:29 PM
luongo321

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Geez...I mean, by all means our players should finish their checks on Keith, and maybe drop the gloves, but as much as I dislike Keith, the amount of hate so far in this thread is just off the charts. I'd much rather see us beat the Hawks cleanly then watch a game filled with penalties and line brawls and such. Winning > everything else.

Maybe if we're up like 3-0(NOT 2-0) near the end of the third, I could imagine seeing someone drop the gloves with him, but if the game is close, no way should we start playing undisciplined.
Yes, winning is important, but it's about when you win .The playoffs are when you need to win. You need your best players playing their best to win in the playoffs. When another player intentionally injures your star player (and for a long duration), then you have less of a chance to win in the playoffs. This type of nonsense can not be tolerated by the Canucks. Keith may have cost this team a stanley cup last season. If someone threatens your chance of winning when it counts, they need to be dealt with.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:33 PM
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
K, yeah, that's not cool. Seriously, Vigneault. There's no problem in starting Luongo, but why the heck not let Schneider know before he hears about it in the press?

Ugh.
AV didn't have the guts to tell him to his face? Maybe? Maybe reaching? Our coach needs to go before he rubs anymore players the wrong way.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:36 PM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
Stupid of AV not to let Schneider know
AV's not known for his tact.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:37 PM
arsmaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkP View Post
Can't remember the last time anyone really nailed Duncan Keith. Doubt it happens tomorrow.
I can, it was Daniel Sedin and he got concussed for it.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:40 PM
TheDiver*

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
I am glad we agree. Schneider played against teams in the top half of the league offensively and Luongo in the bottom half. He certainly played well in LA, but we still lost because of a late goal.

I have no issue with whoever plays, but to suggest Lu has really been much better isn't a fact, it's a rather hopeful opinion.

Schneider has played two games against the Ducks. And to suggest that Luongo bears any blame for the LA game would suggest a complete lack of knowledge of hockey, sports, or life in general.

Old
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

hey guys remember when Crawford's starter choices were Snow and Weekes

yeah stop complaining

Old
Wolfhard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkP View Post
Can't remember the last time anyone really nailed Duncan Keith. Doubt it happens tomorrow.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:45 PM
sobrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
AV didn't have the guts to tell him to his face? Maybe? Maybe reaching? Our coach needs to go before he rubs anymore players the wrong way.
It's as though some fans live in a make believe world filled with all sorts of made up stuff that rolls incoherently in and out of their hemispheres. No personal slight towards you; it's ridiculously epidemic.

I honestly believe many Canucks fans actually have an incomprehensible hatred for the team, or the coach, or the player du jour. Call it jealousy, envy, lack of hockey knowledge, or just an inability to understand the difference between spin, conjecture and reality.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:47 PM
Babs

Started watching Vid of Keith getting his clock cleaned and thought I might share it with you guys as I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:57 PM
Alexistheman

AV should of never been put in a situation like this and when Cory signed it was contingent on him being the starter(based on reports that came out at that time). It's not fair, and while I don't care either way, you should be honest with your players first and foremost, from management down.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:00 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341

Someone likes throwing 'bows.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:01 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post

Someone likes throwing 'bows.
But it was Matt Cooke, it's ok

edit* love how he turtles when Ott comes at him....epitome of a chicken poop

Old
01-31-2013, 04:01 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Good thing about this game is after, the Keith hit will be old news and maybe something else will take it's place. I'm hoping for a typical high emotion game with no injuries, maybe some blood and bruises.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:02 PM
Babs

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
But it was Matt Cooke, it's ok
Yeah Matt Cooke elbowed him first so its OK.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:06 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Good thing about this game is after, the Keith hit will be old news and maybe something else will take it's place. I'm hoping for a typical high emotion game with no injuries, maybe some blood and bruises.
the only reason we still hold a grudge is that our team didn't do **** after watching our best player go down. If someone had really gone after him (in terms of challenging for a fight and pushing around in scrums and such) it would be old news already. Games against Chicago are always fun to watch and I hold no I'll will to any Hawk (apart from Keith for now )

Old
01-31-2013, 04:06 PM
thepuckmonster
professional winner

Quote:
I'll agree on this. I hope Keith mans up and takes a couple big hits and he's sore for the next week.

I'd rather Burrows and Keith not fight, they're both terrible at it and it just ends up looking like a third grader playground spat.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:14 PM
opendoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
I am glad we agree. Schneider played against teams in the top half of the league offensively and Luongo in the bottom half. He certainly played well in LA, but we still lost because of a late goal.

I have no issue with whoever plays, but to suggest Lu has really been much better isn't a fact, it's a rather hopeful opinion.
Are you seriously looking at offensive rankings 5 games into the season and using that as a metric for analysis?

The only reason Anaheim is in the top half of the league in G/G is because they ventilated the Canucks in the 1st game of the season; nearly half their goals this season came from that one game.

Looking at stats to determine head to head quality is less than pointless right now because with these tiny samples there's so much noise. Perhaps most importantly, there's the fact that a team or player can have a great influence on an opposition's stats when head to head meetings have made up a huge slice of the sample.

Using your logic, if Schneider shut out Anaheim twice but they put up 4 G/G in their other games that'd be a knock against him because they have a poorly ranked offense even though that poor ranking is solely due to his goaltending.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:16 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 1752
if nothing happens to keith.. this team is a joke

Old
01-31-2013, 04:18 PM
VanEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
if nothing happens to keith.. this team is a joke
You gonna stop watching them if no one attacks Duncan Keith?

Old
01-31-2013, 04:20 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
Yeah Matt Cooke elbowed him first so its OK.
Except Cooke's hit was clean and all shoulder and not even in the head.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:21 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
You gonna stop watching them if no one attacks Duncan Keith?
no but im going to be embarrassd

Old
01-31-2013, 04:23 PM
Babs

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Except Cooke's hit was clean and all shoulder and not even in the head.
I know, I was being sarcastic.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:26 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
Are you seriously looking at offensive rankings 5 games into the season and using that as a metric for analysis?

The only reason Anaheim is in the top half of the league in G/G is because they ventilated the Canucks in the 1st game of the season; nearly half their goals this season came from that one game.

Looking at stats to determine head to head quality is less than pointless right now because with these tiny samples there's so much noise. Perhaps most importantly, there's the fact that a team or player can have a great influence on an opposition's stats when head to head meetings have made up a huge slice of the sample.

Using your logic, if Schneider shut out Anaheim twice but they put up 4 G/G in their other games that'd be a knock against him because they have a poorly ranked offense even though that poor ranking is solely due to his goaltending.
Considering the shutout Luo just got vaulted him into third place for SV% and GAA.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:27 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
the only reason we still hold a grudge is that our team didn't do **** after watching our best player go down. If someone had really gone after him (in terms of challenging for a fight and pushing around in scrums and such) it would be old news already. Games against Chicago are always fun to watch and I hold no I'll will to any Hawk (apart from Keith for now )
They did for the remainder of the game but not initially. Maybe some scrum after Sedin was down on the ice for a bit.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:31 PM
Babs

Quote:
They did for the remainder of the game but not initially. Maybe some scrum after Sedin was down on the ice for a bit.
Yeah they did but they sure didn't do it to level that crazy of cheap shot warranted.

Closed Thread