HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 7)

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 10:17 PM
Ottomatic

vCash: 500
When is Marchese due back? If he's taking this much time to come back from a concussion he should really consider hanging up his skates as they only come easier and last longer each successive one.

Boughner should be suspended along with his players - he's the one who put out that line for the last 20 seconds.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:32 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
When is Marchese due back? If he's taking this much time to come back from a concussion he should really consider hanging up his skates as they only come easier and last longer each successive one.

Boughner should be suspended along with his players - he's the one who put out that line for the last 20 seconds.
According to Boughner,Marchese is making slow progress recovering from his concussion

It should be noted that the home coach has last change and he put his tough guys on the ice too

Old
01-30-2013, 10:36 PM
hockeylegend11

The Spits will insert Def Graehame Brown and RW Mitch Graham into the lineup replacing the

suspended Patrick Sanvido and Ryan Verbeek

Players not dressing for the next 2 games,vs Peterborough,at Guelph are Bilcke,Koekkoek,Marchese,Sanvido,and Verbeek

Old
01-31-2013, 08:58 AM
Libbs

This is seriously what passes for witty banter around here?

I'm going back into my hole...

Old
01-31-2013, 10:26 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
According to Boughner,Marchese is making slow progress recovering from his concussion

It should be noted that the home coach has last change and he put his tough guys on the ice too
I think it's a bit of both. Boughner probably shouldn't have put them out on the ice, of course his players should have known better than to do something silly. Of course his players did something stupid. Im not surprised Clark tried to do something he of the 3 stupid minor penalties in the last 10 minutes of the Plymouth game where he was just looking to create trouble. To be honest Clark has brought very little to the team and is a waste of an OA.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:59 AM
OHLTG

Quote:
Im not surprised Clark tried to do something
Did you even see what happened, or are you assuming, since it's Clark, he must have done something?

Old
01-31-2013, 11:12 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Did you even see what happened, or are you assuming, since it's Clark, he must have done something?
You must have missed the huge run he took at a Whaler just as time expired. He was trying to get silly at the end of the Sudbury game as well. How about his fight at the end of the Saginaw game where he tried to jump into the bench when the game was well in hand? I know you will rationalize what he does and think he brings a lot of value to the team but he doesn't.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:51 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzorisdull View Post
you must have missed the huge run he took at a whaler just as time expired. He was trying to get silly at the end of the sudbury game as well. How about his fight at the end of the saginaw game where he tried to jump into the bench when the game was well in hand? I know you will rationalize what he does and think he brings a lot of value to the team but he doesn't.
q.f.t!

Old
01-31-2013, 12:55 PM
jughead42

Is he done whining about the worst loss in Spitfire history yet? You know, the one that will doom the franchises recruiting efforts for the next 50 years? It's getting stupid, I just don't read this board after a loss any more. I find it's more constructive to just bang my head on a curb than read his useless crap. Who do we have tonight, the Pete's? Should be able to beat these clowns, lets go Spits.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:52 PM
OHLTG

Rayzor, we were talking about the Sudbury game, not all three games.

Quote:
Boughner probably shouldn't have put them out on the ice, of course his players should have known better than to do something silly. Of course his players did something stupid. Im not surprised Clark tried to do something
This was right after the comment about the Wolves brawl. My response had nothing to do with other games. Did you see what happened in the Sudbury game, or are you assuming that, since it's Clark, he did something wrong?

Old
01-31-2013, 02:29 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
Is he done whining about the worst loss in Spitfire history yet? You know, the one that will doom the franchises recruiting efforts for the next 50 years? It's getting stupid, I just don't read this board after a loss any more. I find it's more constructive to just bang my head on a curb than read his useless crap. Who do we have tonight, the Pete's? Should be able to beat these clowns, lets go Spits.
Then put me on ignore if you have an issue. It wasn't just one loss Juggy it was the whole weekend 18 goals given up over 3 games and they didn't look good in any of the games. If they go out and get 2 out of 3 which is a must I will give them credit but the bigger issue is they can't have a week like they just had. I am just of the opinion top prospects(americans) won't be pounding down the door to play in Windsor when the team isn't good. Right now over the past 2 years Windsor is in the class of Erie, Kingston and Peterborough.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:34 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Rayzor, we were talking about the Sudbury game, not all three games.

This was right after the comment about the Wolves brawl. My response had nothing to do with other games. Did you see what happened in the Sudbury game, or are you assuming that, since it's Clark, he did something wrong?
No i never watch any of the games at all, I don't dvr games at all to look at replays to see who made mistakes and I have no clue what goes on in these games. I never saw the Sudbury game because it was only on cogeco. I am done with you on this subject you love your knuckledraggers value be damned. You will always have a soft spot in your heart for Clark, Tarini, Clouthier and the list goes on, it doesn't matter if they win or lose as long as there's some bloodshed and they win a couple fights.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:35 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
If they go out and get 2 out of 3 which is a must I will give them credit
I call BS. They beat London and you barely blinked

Old
01-31-2013, 03:48 PM
jah65

Razor I didn't think you watched.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:30 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnintecumseh View Post
Razor I didn't think you watched.
I watch but I don't go. I don't see the value in spending the money to watch this team right now. Note for OHLTG that does not constitute a bandwagon fan regardless of what you say.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:49 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
I watch but I don't go. I don't see the value in spending the money to watch this team right now. Note for OHLTG that does not constitute a bandwagon fan regardless of what you say.
Yea it does lol when theyre doing good you get on the wagon and when there doing bad you don't go? That's what a bandwagon fan is lol if you were a true spits fan your here for the ups and the down, you just can't expect a junior team to dominate every year it doesn't work that way...they won two mem cups and one west finals and you were there and then they unload and build for next year and you leave, your classified as a bandwagon fan...can I ask you if you had season tickets at the Barn or did you jump on when the new management took Over and the new arena came?

Old
01-31-2013, 05:52 PM
Spitsfan67*

So I'm going to geuss that Clark and Mathers drop the gloves... They were chatting all practice.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:51 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Yea it does lol when theyre doing good you get on the wagon and when there doing bad you don't go? That's what a bandwagon fan is lol if you were a true spits fan your here for the ups and the down, you just can't expect a junior team to dominate every year it doesn't work that way...they won two mem cups and one west finals and you were there and then they unload and build for next year and you leave, your classified as a bandwagon fan...can I ask you if you had season tickets at the Barn or did you jump on when the new management took Over and the new arena came?
I had season tickets from 97 to the end of the 10/11 season. I took a year off due to being away at school. I went to games earlier than 97 and loved watching guys like Stillman, Roche, Warriner, Jovo and DJ but I was smaller back then and never had season tickets at that time.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:00 PM
KyGuy9

AWFUL 1st and 3rd. In those periods absolutely NO energy. All of Pav's goals, even the tip, were savable.
Koko and Ho-Sang were invisible for most of the game. Sieloff played horrendous, Murphy bad on d. Rest of them couldn't keep up with the Petes, in both zones. Only 2 players impressed me all game - Bateman and Giftopolous.
I don't see why were tring for the playoffs if we can't beat the Petes.
To reload for 2017, could we deal away almost ALL our players for high picks? I'm sure Ho-Sang, Sieloff, Koekkoek and Vail could nail us about 10-15 firsts and seconds.

Terrible job coaching on the empty netter. Smh...

Old
01-31-2013, 09:01 PM
RayzorIsDull

Spits play 10 minutes and expect that's enough. Bad goaltending, poor backchecking, poor defensive play. Another chance to gain points thrown out the window. Is there any leadership on this team?

Old
01-31-2013, 09:08 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Spits play 10 minutes and expect that's enough. Bad goaltending, poor backchecking, poor defensive play. Another chance to gain points thrown out the window. Is there any leadership on this team?
Doesnt help that the team you are chasing is 9-1 in their last 10. How is Saginaw doing this even after unloading Trochek?!
I had nothing better to do so I caught some of this game...Koko a -3 with 2assists, yuk. Unmotivated effort. Somebody needed to step up, these two points could be haunting.
Still hoping for a Spits Knights 1st rd dance!

Old
01-31-2013, 09:44 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
No i never watch any of the games at all, I don't dvr games at all to look at replays to see who made mistakes and I have no clue what goes on in these games. I never saw the Sudbury game because it was only on cogeco. I am done with you on this subject you love your knuckledraggers value be damned. You will always have a soft spot in your heart for Clark, Tarini, Clouthier and the list goes on, it doesn't matter if they win or lose as long as there's some bloodshed and they win a couple fights.
Haha, it was a simple question. You called out Clark for his actions against Plymouth, which I agreed with, but then implied that, because he was out during the brawl v. Sudbury, he must have done something stupid. I simply asked if you watched the game, or are assuming he was being stupid. This has nothing to do with a soft spot. I like Clark, but I wish he'd step up his game more, offensively at least.

Quote:
Note for OHLTG that does not constitute a bandwagon fan regardless of what you say.
To you. To myself, and others, it does Not going to games because you're bored or they don't interest you, after you went when they were winning, is bandwagon.

As for tonight...

- zero defence. There's no other way to put it. Several guys stood around, watching the play. Guys left alone in the slot. Juicy rebounds that should never have seen the light of day, let alone a Ptbo stick. It wasn't pretty.

- Brady Vail upped his game tonight. A nice goal, a solid assist, and even got the team going with a fight. Props to him. This is the Vail we know can exist.

- I'm all for Kerby trying to get momentum going, but he's gotta figure out a better way. Three attempts on a shift, then getting dropped against a guy I had to look up to figure out who he was? Nope, sorry.

- The team lacked complete spark in the third period. I don't know if they used up all their energy in the second, but nobody skated, nobody was passing worth a damn, and they were going through the motions. To Ptbo's credit, they seemed to read the Spits perfectly on many passes. Scouting??

Old
01-31-2013, 10:50 PM
etr102

Is Pavelka playing hurt or something? I know we can't pin tonight's loss on him, but for being the guy who practically carried this team through the first half of the season, his level of play seems to have dropped dramatically. A few of Peterborough's goals tonight should have been stopped, and the Pavelka from the first 30-40 games would have easily stopped them.

Not to mention getting the hook in 3 out of his last 4 games.

Something just seems off about his play in recent games.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:58 PM
jughead42

Quote:
Then put me on ignore if you have an issue. It wasn't just one loss Juggy it was the whole weekend 18 goals given up over 3 games and they didn't look good in any of the games. If they go out and get 2 out of 3 which is a must I will give them credit but the bigger issue is they can't have a week like they just had. I am just of the opinion top prospects(americans) won't be pounding down the door to play in Windsor when the team isn't good. Right now over the past 2 years Windsor is in the class of Erie, Kingston and Peterborough.
Why don't you put the team on ignore if they offend you so much that their shortcomings are all you see? I've never heard you say anything about the great potential of Ho Sang, I've never heard you say anything about how great it is to have Koko back, I've never heard you say anything about how strong a player our American Sieloff is, I've never heard you say anything whatsoever about this team other than it isn't good enough at this or that to suit you. I'm serious. You want me to just put you on ignore, but your trolling and baiting points all board discussion back to YOUR mental opinions about the team rather than on the team itself. You aren't a bandwagon fan my friend, you're a London fan or a Plymouth fan who's wearing our dead captain as an avatar to buy undeserved credibility. I would ignore you but I get to read your posts as replies anyway whenever somebody is fed up with your gloomy whining enough to reply to it and ignoring you would rob me of that "pleasure".

Old
01-31-2013, 10:58 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by etr102 View Post
Is Pavelka playing hurt or something? I know we can't pin tonight's loss on him, but for being the guy who practically carried this team through the first half of the season, his level of play seems to have dropped dramatically. A few of Peterborough's goals tonight should have been stopped, and the Pavelka from the first 30-40 games would have easily stopped them.

Not to mention getting the hook in 3 out of his last 4 games.

Something just seems off about his play in recent games.
I would agree Pavelka in 3 of his last 4 starts has been awful

Tonite he had some help the defense was awful especially Seiloff and Murphy,actually

Brown and Bowen did not look bad,Bateman was ok,Ebert I though was fine,getting

that misc during the Vail fight did not help

Spits for some reason ran out of gas in the third,was it the short bench,3 fights by all

forwards or what

There were more turnovers in this game than a bakery

Impressive to comeback down 4-1 and 5-2,but disappointing not carry thru

Feel bad for DeKort though,he gets tagged with the loss,despite giving up only 1 goal

the pp winner in the 3rd,as Pavelka was far worse

Closed Thread