HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

F Taylor Cammarata - U of Minnesota, NCAA (2013 , 76th overall, Islanders)

Old
01-31-2013, 09:17 AM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 500
I could see him going any where from late 1st to the 4th.

He scores. He does it well. Has for some time now. He has not added to his game. Not growing, not stellar in his own end... etc.

What he has shown is that he can handle physical play. His linemate Kloos 5'9 missed games due to an elbow to the head. Teams are trying to beat up Waterloo as they cannot out play them. Cammarata has held his own for the most part. Some teams do not even try and hide it.

Going by points he is far outscoring Gaudreaus output in his draft year. 72 points in 60 games. So far Cammarata 57 in 34. Gaudreau went in the 4th.

MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:48 PM
herbst20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post
I could see him going any where from late 1st to the 4th.

He scores. He does it well. Has for some time now. He has not added to his game. Not growing, not stellar in his own end... etc.

What he has shown is that he can handle physical play. His linemate Kloos 5'9 missed games due to an elbow to the head. Teams are trying to beat up Waterloo as they cannot out play them. Cammarata has held his own for the most part. Some teams do not even try and hide it.

Going by points he is far outscoring Gaudreaus output in his draft year. 72 points in 60 games. So far Cammarata 57 in 34. Gaudreau went in the 4th.
Were you at the game where Kloos was hit? The kid missed with a shoulder and caught him with the elbow. No malice involved.

With that said, Taylor is one of the most skilled players I have seen in space. There is no denying his skills but size will Kill him in the draft. He will be a 3rd to 5th round pick IMO.

Last edited by herbst20: 01-31-2013 at 04:59 PM.
herbst20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:14 AM
MN_Gopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbst20 View Post
Were you at the game where Kloos was hit? The kid missed with a shoulder and caught him with the elbow. No malice involved.

With that said, Taylor is one of the most skilled players I have seen in space. There is no denying his skills but size will Kill him in the draft. He will be a 3rd to 5th round pick IMO.
Kloos ended up bleeding from the hit. Your elbow is alot lower than your shoulder. This was not a normal finish the play check. Also you do not aim for the head to begin with. If it were clean he still would have taken Kloos's head off with his shoulder. Stepan also missed time from a head injury. Teams know what they are doing when they play Waterloo.

MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:09 PM
amjay13

4 more points tonight, 66 (27, 37) in 37 games. He's got a shot at Kevin Roy's amazing 104 points last year despite being a year younger than Roy was and playing 5 less games.

amjay13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:43 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjay13 View Post
4 more points tonight, 66 (27, 37) in 37 games. He's got a shot at kevin roy's amazing 104 points last year despite being a year younger than roy was and playing 5 less games.
27+37=64

arsmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:16 AM
amjay13

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
27+37=64
Doh! Meant 27+39.

Also of note, overager Justin Kloos (Minnesota commit) is up to 60 points (17, 43) in just 32 games.

Old
02-09-2013, 12:56 AM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

With these two, Fasching, Guertler and Lettieri coming in, I like our forward class next year.

Jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:21 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

I know I keep saying it, but I have no idea why this kid is not getting more buzz right now for what he is doing. there will be a smart gm out there that will weigh the risk vs reward and I believe snag him up in the first or second round. you cannot pass up on skill, and John Gaudreau is proving people wrong. I think Gaudreau is the best thing that happened to Cammarata as they both are ridiculously skilled and small, but teams overlooked Johnny and are regretting it now. I cannot see teams being as stupid again this year with Cammarata.

There is no guarantee that any player makes the NHL, no matter if your 6'4 or 5'6, but when you look at career body of work which Cammarata has proved not only can he play against people bigger than him his entire career, he simply DOMINATES at every level. When you have a kid this skilled and gifted he is worth taking that homerun swing on instead of trying to pick the next 6'2 plugger that likely never reaches higher than the AHL.

Maybe Calgary snags him up and has the mighty midgets of Gaudreau and Cammarata!! that would be awesome.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:03 PM
august

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
Maybe Calgary snags him up and has the mighty midgets of Gaudreau and Cammarata!! that would be awesome.
Then trade a pick for Kevin Roy!!!

august is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 02:02 PM
orangeandblack

Quote:
I know I keep saying it, but I have no idea why this kid is not getting more buzz right now for what he is doing. there will be a smart gm out there that will weigh the risk vs reward and I believe snag him up in the first or second round. you cannot pass up on skill, and John Gaudreau is proving people wrong. I think Gaudreau is the best thing that happened to Cammarata as they both are ridiculously skilled and small, but teams overlooked Johnny and are regretting it now. I cannot see teams being as stupid again this year with Cammarata.

There is no guarantee that any player makes the NHL, no matter if your 6'4 or 5'6, but when you look at career body of work which Cammarata has proved not only can he play against people bigger than him his entire career, he simply DOMINATES at every level. When you have a kid this skilled and gifted he is worth taking that homerun swing on instead of trying to pick the next 6'2 plugger that likely never reaches higher than the AHL.

Probably Holland or Lamoriello

orangeandblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 02:48 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

for some strange reason I see the Sharks and Doug Wilson getting this kid.

Old
02-10-2013, 02:10 PM
MikeC

Quote:

Avs should select him!!!

Was I was leaving in Quebec City, I had the chance to see the Nordiques at least 25 times per season and we had a guy called Jean-Francois Sauve, 5'6'', we called him tattoo since he was the smallest guy on the ice.

Even if he was the smallest player, he was the general on our power play.

For me, Cammarata is a special player and every team in the NHL needs a guy like him.

I had the chance to see Cammarata played with Mackinnon 2 years ago at Shattuck and both times, he was the king of the castle. I went there to see Mckinnon and Nathan was amazing but Cammarata was better.

We need the puck into the net to win a game and Cammarata is a top 5 talent in the 2013 draft.

MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:40 PM
Neuuman

Quote:

While I love watching Cammarata play and the way he can create time and space, i just don't see that projecting to the National league. On the powerplay he'd be great. I love his skill and creativity, but I'd be willing to bet there are zero players 5'6" and below on current NHL rosters. I'm rooting for him but if I were a NHL GM I don't think I'd take the risk. IMHO.

Last edited by Neuuman: 02-23-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Neuuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:16 AM
stayinalive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuuman View Post
While I love watching Cammarata play and the way he can create time and space, i just don't see that projecting to the National league. On the powerplay he'd be great. At even strength when the puck was in his zone it would be 50-50, icing or goal against. I love his skill and creativity, but I'd be willing to bet there are zero players 5'6" and below on current NHL rosters. I'm rooting for him but if I were a NHL GM I don't think I'd take the risk. IMHO.
Nathan Gerbe is 5.05

stayinalive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 08:29 AM
CowbellConray

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinalive View Post
Nathan Gerbe is 5.05
Actually 5'4 lol. He said he was 5'4 in an interview with Rob Ray

CowbellConray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 12:18 PM
Daneurism

There's no doubt he gets picked.

It is a deep draft, though, so the question is does a team risk their 2nd, 3rd or 4th round picks, on him.

Daneurism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 01:55 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

For comparison Johnny Gaudreau was picked in the 4th round after a strong season in the USHL.

Franck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:13 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
For comparison Johnny Gaudreau was picked in the 4th round after a strong season in the USHL.
I think this helps Cammarata greatly imo.

How many teams would draft Gaudreau higher if the draft was redone today? all of em!

How many teams dont want to miss out on the next Gaudreau?? all of em!

I think he is going to surprise a ton of people with just how highly picked he will be...

Old
02-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
I think this helps Cammarata greatly imo.

How many teams would draft Gaudreau higher if the draft was redone today? all of em!

How many teams dont want to miss out on the next Gaudreau?? all of em!

I think he is going to surprise a ton of people with just how highly picked he will be...
Not just Gaudreau, but Kevin Roy is another USHL product that wrecked the league and landed in the 4th round that would probably go much higher in a redraft considering his successful campaign in the NCAA this year of over a point per game. The only detriment that I can find, if you can consider it a detriment, is the fact that Waterloo is supremely stacked this year. Perhaps the most future NHL players on a single USHL team I have seen in a while.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:37 AM
keppel146
We love Bacon

My guess is he goes 2nd or maybe 3rd round.

keppel146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:53 PM
amjay13

Likely 3rd rounder and will be an absolute steal for someone.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:32 AM
odessa
Ima Firen Mah Lazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjay13 View Post
Likely 3rd rounder and will be an absolute steal for someone.
How you know he is going to be an absolute steal?

odessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 06:47 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

What's the bloodlines? Tell me which height his brother, sister, parents and uncles are, and I'll tell you which round he'll be picked...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
What's the bloodlines? Tell me which height his brother, sister, parents and uncles are, and I'll tell you which round he'll be picked...
Brother 5'8, sister 5'9, uncle 5'11, Dad, 5'10, Mom 5'5.

Garyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:25 AM
blink

Early 2nd round pick is my guess, pretty much where Grimaldi went. Now if I was picking, I would take him mid 1st if I had the chance.

Somebody should be smart enough to pick him early.

blink is offline   Reply With Quote