HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly

Old
01-30-2013, 08:02 PM
seanlinden

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post

Next time you watch a hockey, make sure your TV is on.

Ask any GM in this league, they will all say O'Reilly >>>>>>> Bozak.

Based on what? His slightly superior point total last year? His defensive ability? Sure, Kessel's line is never going to play defence, so it's irrelevant.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:08 PM
amit916

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Since it's been brought up so many times,

Yandle (a number 1 defenseman signed to a lengthy and friendly contract.)

for

O'Reilly (unsigned)
COL 1st

I know many of you will complain about the first round pick but the fact is, Yandle is signed long term, O'Reilly is not.
So the punishment for not signing him is (at this point) a lottery pick? Keep dreaming...

amit916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:14 PM
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
To Avs:
Schwartz
Cole (he would be perfect paired with EJ. He's big and strong)
2nd

To Blues
ROR

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:40 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
To Avs:
Schwartz
Cole (he would be perfect paired with EJ. He's big and strong)
2nd

To Blues
ROR
Make the 2nd a 1st and the Avs add there 2nd and I'd be interested.

Schwartz and Cole are both promising. Cole would be a Top 4 guy with us an I'd say will be a decent #2 guy in a couple years.

Schwartz could be anything, but I think its a safe bet that he at least become a 60ish point guy.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:49 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post

Schwartz and Cole are both promising. Cole would be a Top 4 guy with us an I'd say will be a decent #2 guy in a couple years.

Schwartz could be anything, but I think its a safe bet that he at least become a 60ish point guy.
Could we get the same top 15 protection we got in the last trade?

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:53 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
Could we get the same top 15 protection we got in the last trade?
LOL really?

St. Louis will probably be 30-25th over all... seriously? lol

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:56 PM
Mike Liut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post

The Blues 1st and the Avs 2nd might be only a couple picks apart

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:00 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
I see people one here always talking about "lottery protected" picks.... Has that ever been in an NHL trade? Most 1st round picks are moved from playoff to non playoff teams but still, I cant remember it ever happening.
St. Louis's 1st was top 10 protected in our trade with them. So your memory is a bit off bud.

(We drafted Siemens 11th over all)

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:08 PM
Steve Varmalov
And Then....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
The Blues 1st and the Avs 2nd might be only a couple picks apart
Sad but true. Maybe Blues 1st with Avs 3rd.

Steve Varmalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:32 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
St. Louis's 1st was top 10 protected in our trade with them. So your memory is a bit off bud.

Yup, bad memory.

So, if your so sure that the Blues will likely draft 25-30, why the hesitation to offer top 10 (or even 15) protection?

In this shortened season, a few injuries to a couple of key players could see contenders on the outside looking in. Ottawa just lost Spezza, what will happen if they lost Anderson or Karlsson for more than just a few games while he is out? What if Backes and Pietrangelo both miss time for the Blues? What if Crosby and Malkin go out for Pittsburgh? What if Stamkos and St. Louis miss the same 15 games for the Lightning? Its like insurance, its something you hope you don't use.

This would be a must for me if its a Blues 1st and an Avs 3rd. Especially since the precedent has already been set in a prior trade between these two teams.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 06:06 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post

It was just a question sport. No need to be rude.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:18 PM
sansabri
#blocktheboat

does ANYONE know what's going on between the Avs and O'Reilly? is this over how many years or how much money?

all i see are proposals on this thread. i want some news!

sansabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:16 PM
falconski
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
does ANYONE know what's going on between the Avs and O'Reilly? is this over how many years or how much money?

all i see are proposals on this thread. i want some news!
The offers the avs have on the table to O'Reilly are 2 years $7M and 5 years $17M

no idea what O'Reilly wants

falconski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:25 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconski View Post
The offers the avs have on the table to O'Reilly are 2 years $7M and 5 years $17M

no idea what O'Reilly wants
Objectively...

What does it say about the Avs viewpoint of him when they're only prepared to offer him $3.4m on a 5-year deal to a 21-year old player? Furthermore, what does it say when they're prepared to offer him a higher salary for a shorter term deal? Going one step further, what does it say when nobody in the league is willing to give him something like a 3-year $12-14m deal, and give up a 1st/3rd to get it done?

To me, the offer of $3.4m a year tells me that they definitely don't view him as a #1 centre, and questionable as a #2 centre. $3.4m definitely falls into the #2/3 category for centres.

The fact that they're prepared to offer him $3.5m / 2 also suggests, that they don't think he's going to get any better in those additional 3 years, infact, worse, when you consider inflation.

The fact that nobody in the league has given him an offer sheet worth signing yet, suggest that other teams viewpoint is similar to the Avs, and not the Avs fanbase.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:46 PM
Goulet17

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Objectively...

What does it say about the Avs viewpoint of him when they're only prepared to offer him $3.4m on a 5-year deal to a 21-year old player? Furthermore, what does it say when they're prepared to offer him a higher salary for a shorter term deal? Going one step further, what does it say when nobody in the league is willing to give him something like a 3-year $12-14m deal, and give up a 1st/3rd to get it done?

To me, the offer of $3.4m a year tells me that they definitely don't view him as a #1 centre, and questionable as a #2 centre. $3.4m definitely falls into the #2/3 category for centres.

The fact that they're prepared to offer him $3.5m / 2 also suggests, that they don't think he's going to get any better in those additional 3 years, infact, worse, when you consider inflation.

The fact that nobody in the league has given him an offer sheet worth signing yet, suggest that other teams viewpoint is similar to the Avs, and not the Avs fanbase.
"He's definitely a No. 2 centre," one GM said of O'Reilly. "And with the proper wingers, he could be a No. 1 guy."

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...ned-three.html

Goulet17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:49 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
"He's definitely a No. 2 centre," one GM said of O'Reilly. "And with the proper wingers, he could be a No. 1 guy."

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...ned-three.html
Then why hasn't he signed the offer sheet to be a #2 centre yet?

Old
01-31-2013, 10:50 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Objectively...

I would say it indicates they view him as slightly less valuable than Duchene. I don't mean to troll, but you should think before you post. I mean if anything you said had a logical basis, what does that say about Subban and the Habs? Is he seen as a 3rd pairing defenseman?

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:50 PM
S3rkie

vCash: 140
Quote:
because offer sheets are rare and how many gms want to give up a 1st and 3rd for a 2nd center?

S3rkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:54 PM
Goulet17

Quote:
What offer sheets?

That is a rather strange retort.

Goulet17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:55 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Objectively...

Objectively? This is you posting, please, don't get carried away.

Oh and yes, since offersheets are SO common. Literally every RFA gets an offersheet. Clearly the only reason nobody has offersheeted him is because they feel he is not worth it Not sure where you've been, but offersheets are very rare.

And you are right, clearly us failing to cave in to a 21 year olds demands who has had one great season means that the Avs view him as a questionable #2 center. Great logic there sean. Can't be because he is on his second contract, had one great season, and the Avs have other RFAs to worry about. If they give O'Reilly what he wants, what does that say for future RFAs. You would be a great GM. Tell me, do you think the Avs view Duchene has a questionable 2nd line center as well? Hey!! Since they only gave Duchene two years at 3.5m...does that mean they think Duchene is going to get worse as well? great work there sean. You really try your best to kill your credibility, don't you. Ah well, at least you said "to me" We can pretty much ignore everything you said because of that.

Oh, and the fact a real GM called him a #2 center and a #1 with the right wingers, suggests real GMs might know a bit more than seanlinden.

Edit: You seem to think offersheeting is common and the lack of an offersheet on O'Reilly backs your opinion. Do you know how many offersheets have been made in the NHL since the 2004 lockout? SEVEN. Think about that. They are NOT nearly as common as you seem to think

Last edited by Avs44: 01-31-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:56 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3rkie View Post
because offer sheets are rare and how many gms want to give up a 1st and 3rd for a 2nd center?
Depends how good the team is.

A team like St. Louis, who's already young and dominant, would be much better off with Ryan O'Reilly than the aforementioned picks.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:07 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3rkie View Post
If he's a 2nd line centre at 21... teams should have no issue giving up those picks.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:10 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
I would say it indicates they view him as slightly less valuable than Duchene. I don't mean to troll, but you should think before you post. I mean if anything you said had a logical basis, what does that say about Subban and the Habs? Is he seen as a 3rd pairing defenseman?
In the context of a 2-year deal? Sure. But I'm talking about the 5-year offer at $3.4m. That's not slightly less valuable than Duchene, that's substantially less valuable than Duchene, as generally, young players can expect to improve. There's no way the Avs expect to be able to resign Duchene for another 3 years at $3.5m.

With Subban & the Habs, the contract says exactly what it should. That they view him as a #4/5 defenceman right now, and did not have the confidence in him to do the long term deal.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:12 PM
Kschey
Avs/BorussiaDortmund

Quote:
If he's a 2nd line centre at 21... teams should have no issue giving up those picks.
Why would a team sign him to an offersheet when they know the Avs would gladly match it as the contract would finally be done.

Would only damage your team's relation to the Avs' front office.

Kschey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:12 PM
NothingLikeAnEJ
Jimmies: Rustled

O'Reilly doesn't want to sign any offer sheets. I'm sure he's gotten phone calls about it, but he has to agree to it and I don't think he's ready to leave Colorado.

NothingLikeAnEJ is offline   Reply With Quote