HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lander Called up from OKC, PRV Sent Down to OKC

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2013, 03:23 PM
  #26
OilCanada92
Registered User
 
OilCanada92's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 535
vCash: 500
So whats the lines now?

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Yakapov-Gagner-Hemsky
Smyth-Belanger-Petrell
Teemu-Lander-Hordichuk?????

OilCanada92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:29 PM
  #27
0ilerman
The King
 
0ilerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Capital City
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,976
vCash: 500
excited to see Lander - is he in the lineup tonight?

oh, appears he is.


Last edited by 0ilerman: 01-31-2013 at 03:29 PM. Reason: i can read
0ilerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:30 PM
  #28
CupofOil
Visualizing
 
CupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rock Bottom
Country: United States
Posts: 14,881
vCash: 500


I understand why Lander was called up, to replace Horcoff but why is Paajarvi being sent down, it's not like Jones or Eager are drawing in, who's replacing Paajarvi? Hordichuk?
It's a shame because i thought that he and Hartikainen were doing very well with limited icetime, it seemed like he was gaining some confidence. Odd timing on this.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:35 PM
  #29
MeestaDeteta
Registered User
 
MeestaDeteta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Saskazoo
Posts: 7,902
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post


I understand why Lander was called up, to replace Horcoff but why is Paajarvi being sent down, it's not like Jones or Eager are drawing in, who's replacing Paajarvi? Hordichuk?
It's a shame because i thought that he and Hartikainen were doing very well with limited icetime, it seemed like he was gaining some confidence. Odd timing on this.
From what I understand, Horcoff isn't going on the IR, so to make roster space PRV has to go down. Would be nice to make a decision on Potter/Peckham and waive one of them to the minors.

MeestaDeteta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:36 PM
  #30
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,204
vCash: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post


I understand why Lander was called up, to replace Horcoff but why is Paajarvi being sent down, it's not like Jones or Eager are drawing in, who's replacing Paajarvi? Hordichuk?
It's a shame because i thought that he and Hartikainen were doing very well with limited icetime, it seemed like he was gaining some confidence. Odd timing on this.
Horcoff isn't on the IR, so they needed to open a roster spot.

Sending Paajarvi down was the only way to immediately open a spot.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:36 PM
  #31
Lessy
Registered User
 
Lessy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post


I understand why Lander was called up, to replace Horcoff but why is Paajarvi being sent down, it's not like Jones or Eager are drawing in, who's replacing Paajarvi? Hordichuk?
It's a shame because i thought that he and Hartikainen were doing very well with limited icetime, it seemed like he was gaining some confidence. Odd timing on this.
Unfortunate to see Paajarvi go down but it probably won't be for long and Lander is the right call for Horcoff's position imo. Like the poster above said they need to choose between Peckham and Potter and let the other go. Ralph's love affair with Potter tells me this player is Peckham which is unfortunate but still the right call.

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:37 PM
  #32
Horseradish
Registered User
 
Horseradish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, ON
Posts: 4,299
vCash: 500
This is shaping up to be a disaster tonight. SJ may very well FEAST on those bottom 2 lines, especially with the Oilers being tired.

Horseradish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:40 PM
  #33
Horseradish
Registered User
 
Horseradish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, ON
Posts: 4,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailor Hopberle View Post
From what I understand, Horcoff isn't going on the IR, so to make roster space PRV has to go down. Would be nice to make a decision on Potter/Peckham and waive one of them to the minors.
What would make the most sense is if the Oilers coaching and management weren't sitting around thumbing their *****.

Eager has a concussion. He's not going anywhere. Any conceivable reason he's not on the 7-day IR?

Hordichuk can't play hockey. Any reason they can't waive him? A butt plug who can fight isn't exactly a difficult item to find in the AHL or waiver wire. It's not like Hordichuk plays harder or more usefully than any other tough guy.

Peckham? Same deal. They could waive him, and even if they lost him, they could find a very comparable replacement through the AHL or waiver wire.

The stupidity and mismanagement is mind-numbing.

Horseradish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:43 PM
  #34
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins
 
Trafalgar Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,521
vCash: 500
WTF and Potter stays up?

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:43 PM
  #35
molsonmuscle360
Registered User
 
molsonmuscle360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft. McMurray Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,774
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
What would make the most sense is if the Oilers coaching and management weren't sitting around thumbing their *****.

Eager has a concussion. He's not going anywhere. Any conceivable reason he's not on the 7-day IR?

Hordichuk can't play hockey. Any reason they can't waive him? A butt plug who can fight isn't exactly a difficult item to find in the AHL or waiver wire. It's not like Hordichuk plays harder or more usefully than any other tough guy.

Peckham? Same deal. They could waive him, and even if they lost him, they could find a very comparable replacement through the AHL or waiver wire.

The stupidity and mismanagement is mind-numbing.
Ugh, it's been posted like 6 times already. Waiving someone takes 24 hours, they need a player tonight. If they waive Hordi, they still don't have an open roster spot until tomorrow, meaning Lander wouldn't be able to be called up.

Calling someone stupid without actually knowing the rules is always a great way to go about things.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:43 PM
  #36
BarDownBobo
Registered User
 
BarDownBobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Yak City
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,340
vCash: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilCanada92 View Post
So whats the lines now?

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Yakapov-Gagner-Hemsky
Smyth-Belanger-Petrell
Teemu-Lander-Hordichuk?????
Petrell could be out too, so you'd see Teemu up on L3, rolling 7 D and Hordi/Lander probably don't see much ice. Lander will be out there on PK tho.

BarDownBobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:44 PM
  #37
CupofOil
Visualizing
 
CupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rock Bottom
Country: United States
Posts: 14,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailor Hopberle View Post
From what I understand, Horcoff isn't going on the IR, so to make roster space PRV has to go down. Would be nice to make a decision on Potter/Peckham and waive one of them to the minors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Horcoff isn't on the IR, so they needed to open a roster spot.

Sending Paajarvi down was the only way to immediately open a spot.
OIC, that makes sense. Thanks Gents.
Still, the timing sucks for Paajarvi because he was finally gaining some confidence and had chemistry with somebody for a change. I know it'll be hard to do because of the lack of open spots but i would love to see The Nordic Line reunited at some point, i feel that they could become a legit 3rd line if given the opportunity to grow together.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 03:46 PM
  #38
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,204
vCash: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
OIC, that makes sense. Thanks Gents.
The timing still sucks for Paajarvi because he was finally gaining some confidence and had chemistry with somebody for a change. I know it'll be hard to do because of the lack of open spots but i would love to see The Nordic Line reunited at some point, i feel that they could become a legit 3rd line if given the opportunity to grow together.
It sucks too because this would have been the perfect situation to reunite them, but without more time or the foresight to get rid of some of the deadweight on D, we can't.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:55 PM
  #39
titsuple
Registered User
 
titsuple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: edmonton
Posts: 441
vCash: 365
IMO 91-20-56 have been one of our better 5on5 lines. politics numbers games oh ya and potter is on a 1 way deal! having 8 d on our roster is dumb, sure we need depth at d in case someone gets hurt but this hurts our team today!

titsuple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:58 PM
  #40
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
It sucks too because this would have been the perfect situation to reunite them, but without more time or the foresight to get rid of some of the deadweight on D, we can't.
well I prefer this over getting rid of the wrong deadweight..
Judging by the actions of our organization, Fistric may be the weakest link.


If Paajarvi was to go down for anyone.. Im sure he would want it to be for his buddy Lander.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:19 PM
  #41
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 53,604
vCash: 500
A shame that Lander gets called up and he doesn't have an opportunity to play with Harski and Paajarvi. If those 3 get a chance to play together and do well maybe just maybe management might look to move some bodies out of here or ask Smyth if he wouldn't mind stepping back and retiring before next season.

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:22 PM
  #42
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
A shame that Lander gets called up and he doesn't have an opportunity to play with Harski and Paajarvi. If those 3 get a chance to play together and do well maybe just maybe management might look to move some bodies out of here or ask Smyth if he wouldn't mind stepping back and retiring before next season.
The season just started and it is the EDM Oilers.. By the mid point of the season we will be playing guys like Plante and Green on our big club.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:29 PM
  #43
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 53,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
The season just started and it is the EDM Oilers.. By the mid point of the season we will be playing guys like Plante and Green on our big club.
Thanks for making me throw up in my mouth.

Bryanbryoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:32 PM
  #44
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood
 
CornKicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,393
vCash: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by trent_vinyl View Post
well I don't recall Lander laying many hits last year or doing much in games to make himself noticed.
me neither but some here had him pegged as the next captain when he was drafted and dont let you say anything negative about him, he is a perfect shutdown defensive C??

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:50 PM
  #45
Joey Moss
5 14 6 1
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 23,931
vCash: 815
Paajarvi will probably be back for Saturday's game in Colorado. Lander needed to come up because we needed a center and Paajarvi had to go down because we weren't going to risk losing anyone by putting them on waivers for a temporary thing. Horc just has a sore neck and shouldn't be gone for long.. Paajarvi will be back no doubt.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 06:01 PM
  #46
Horseradish
Registered User
 
Horseradish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, ON
Posts: 4,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Ugh, it's been posted like 6 times already. Waiving someone takes 24 hours, they need a player tonight. If they waive Hordi, they still don't have an open roster spot until tomorrow, meaning Lander wouldn't be able to be called up.

Calling someone stupid without actually knowing the rules is always a great way to go about things.
I see that Eager's on the IR already too. I missed that.

But the question is why Hordi is on the roster to begin with. I've been calling it stupid from day one.

Or why Peckham is on the roster either.

With proper roster and player management, this wouldn't be a major issue.

Horseradish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 06:05 PM
  #47
Horseradish
Registered User
 
Horseradish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, ON
Posts: 4,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Paajarvi will probably be back for Saturday's game in Colorado. Lander needed to come up because we needed a center and Paajarvi had to go down because we weren't going to risk losing anyone by putting them on waivers for a temporary thing. Horc just has a sore neck and shouldn't be gone for long.. Paajarvi will be back no doubt.
Hopefully. My guess is that he has whiplash, and as somebody who's had it twice, it could go either way.

One time, I just had a sore neck and couldn't do much for a few days other than a bit of physio and massage therapy to reduce the pain and increase my mobility.

The other time, even after a week I would get dizzy and had difficulty with my balance, and I went back to the doctor and he examined me and said that I had a concussion that he'd missed when I first went to see him...and it took me a few weeks till I was back, more or less, to normal.

Hopefully it's only the former, but whiplash is tricky.

Horseradish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 06:07 PM
  #48
molsonmuscle360
Registered User
 
molsonmuscle360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft. McMurray Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,774
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
I see that Eager's on the IR already too. I missed that.

But the question is why Hordi is on the roster to begin with. I've been calling it stupid from day one.

Or why Peckham is on the roster either.

With proper roster and player management, this wouldn't be a major issue.
Yeah, I can understand that. From what it seems like from what I've seen from interviews, Oil Change, etc. is that Hordi is a pure locker room guy. And if you want him to play half decent hockey he needs the right motivation.

Peckham is on the roster just based on his potential to be a big mean defenseman. Him coming in fat this year doesn't help, I just don't think they want to waive anyone that they are positive are just going to be handed to another team.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 06:21 PM
  #49
Horseradish
Registered User
 
Horseradish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, ON
Posts: 4,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Yeah, I can understand that. From what it seems like from what I've seen from interviews, Oil Change, etc. is that Hordi is a pure locker room guy. And if you want him to play half decent hockey he needs the right motivation.

Peckham is on the roster just based on his potential to be a big mean defenseman. Him coming in fat this year doesn't help, I just don't think they want to waive anyone that they are positive are just going to be handed to another team.
Well whatever.

I'm not a fan of a pure locker room guy who can't play, but I'll leave it at that.

Peckham is a big mean d-man...who is easy to skate around, good for putting the Oilers down a man at least once a game, and gives great opportunities for the opposition to score.

He's like Hordichuk for the D. Can't really play but there's that threat that he'll "keep the other teams honest"...I think both of them just help other teams win, personally. And I'd be surprised if he was picked up off of waivers by a team that was even a reasonably good or even average team. He can't skate, he puts himself out of position when he hits, he can't move the puck AT ALL, he doesn't even really clear the crease without taking penalties...he's not a useful hockey player.

Horseradish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 06:26 PM
  #50
SephF
[b][/b]
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,064
vCash: 500
Paajarvi comes out strong and looks pretty damn good this season and of course, 5 games in is sent back down...

I hope they don't actually make him fly back to OKC.

I also agreed with others in this thread that Vande Velde should've got called up instead of Lander (especially since he was just here for training camp)

Hilarious that we waste roster spots on scrubs like Peckham and Hordichuk then have to send down an effective player because of that.

SephF is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.