HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Non-Ownership Thread: Who Cares Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 02:59 PM
seasontixholder

vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnimutant View Post
Not sure who I'm sick of more the Media strait lying to us minute by minute or the "so called" fans from all around the league who have taken immense pleasure in kicking us while were down for god knows how long.

The NHL could have at least done a better PR job and handled this situation with a little more tact. Maybe quashing rumors instead of letting them get out of control.

Either way at this point I could care less. If Jamison comes through today, that's great. If not, I've got better things to do with my time then to be treated like crap by the very league I've been trying to support for so many years.

I'd just like a real answer today, so I can go on with my life one way or another. I think I'm not alone in saying Jamison is the last straw for me. If he fails and the NHL say's they have other buyers lined up, well that's too bad. Time to move on. I just can't do it anymore.
I'm thinking the NHL knows this is it. If he can't close, nobody will and the fans of Phoenix will have had enough.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:01 PM
StarsFan74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia McMillan View Post
If the Coyotes move to Quebec City I may have to become a Canadiens fan out of spite.
The team isn't to blame, but I understand your dismay. I can't even begin to empathize how bad you guys feel right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Why? Habs fans are obnoxious. The QC guys have been pretty nice and it's an awesome market. They will be supported, and the new arena they have coming looks incredible. If the team stays together, give it a shot. You may be pleasantly surprised.
Second that. That said, I doubt they move to QC...if they do, that is. Seattle would be the first choice with them being quite ahead in the process of building a new arena, IIRC.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:03 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post
The team isn't to blame, but I understand your dismay. I can't even begin to empathize how bad you guys feel right now.

Second that. That said, I doubt they move to QC...if they do, that is. Seattle would be the first choice with them being quite ahead in the process of building a new arena, IIRC.
Quebec is already building, Seattle hasn't even broken ground

Old
01-31-2013, 03:08 PM
seasontixholder

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
There has been tweets of pics of the Colisee. They have been renovating it. But I still think if Phoenix moves it will go to Seattle. The NHL as crooked as they are will extort millions and millions from Quebec and Markham.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:09 PM
Underdawg
Desert Hockey Fan

vCash: 453
This really sucks.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:19 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Oh ok...thanks. I (wrongly) thought Seattle was ahead in that regard.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:27 PM
Mosby
Blue French Horn

Does anyone see much chance in a last resort whereby Jamison and Co. take ownership by ditching Jobing.com and going back to America West?

Old
01-31-2013, 03:29 PM
goyotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Mosby View Post
Does anyone see much chance in a last resort whereby Jamison and Co. take ownership by ditching Jobing.com and going back to America West?
I would personally love to see it happen, and it would be good for downtown and the City of Phoenix, ..... but no chance in Hell.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:36 PM
seasontixholder

Quote:
I asked that earlier and someone told me that the NHL does not want to go to that arena because of the bad seating for hockey.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:55 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Why? Habs fans are obnoxious. The QC guys have been pretty nice and it's an awesome market. They will be supported, and the new arena they have coming looks incredible. If the team stays together, give it a shot. You may be pleasantly surprised.
For the most part my dealings with Nordiques fans have been the polar opposite of my dealings with neo-Jets fans. I hate the latter with a burning passion, and I wish nothing but the best for the former. A little bit of etiquette goes a long way.

01-31-2013, 03:59 PM
Thumper17

Whens the announcement set for?

Old
01-31-2013, 04:14 PM
SweYote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper17 View Post
Announcement? lol. Not gonna happen.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:17 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper17 View Post
No announcement either way. Bettman will let the rumors fly until the point where it gets really uncomfortable, then some vague press conference will be held with statements that there are a lot of moving parts and these things take time, but the team isn't going anywhere, yada yada yada.

If they are leaving, no announcement will be made until after all of the games have been played and there are no more tickets to be sold.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:31 PM
OKCDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasontixholder View Post
I asked that earlier and someone told me that the NHL does not want to go to that arena because of the bad seating for hockey.
Which makes zero sense because that's what the Isles will have in a few years -- a third of an arena with no view of a big chunk of the ice.

At this point, in my "movie twist scenario" imagination, I'd love for Jamison to come through, buy the team from the NHL, let the Glendale thing expire and announce that they'll be downtown for five years and look at a new arena site somewhere in the east Valley.

A kid can dream, anyway.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:32 PM
OKCDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCapsFanNL View Post
Pardon the thread jack but do you follow the Barons? Pretty good hockey there.
Heck yes. They were especially great to watch during the lockout. Edmonton's got some exciting and talented youngsters there.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:41 PM
OKCDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri View Post
He's from OKC. The took Seattles basketball team. I'm assuming they have to hear the same type of crap we had to hear from all the Winnipeg fans for so long.
Exactly. Which I would understand, EXCEPT that there is a lot of revisionist history with the Sonics-to-OKC deal. For starters, Schultz bought the team from Ackerley to keep the team in Seattle. During his ownership, all he wanted was the same deal the Seahawks and Mariners got - sweet new places to play ball. But the political leadership in Seattle (sound familiar?) went full idiot and fought against a new arena for the Sonics in any way, shape or form. They cited the renovation of the Seattle Center Colusiem (now Key Arena) as a reason why it wasn't needed, but that renovation was like gutting a house from the 1920s and putting up new drapes. Years go by and Howard gets tired of fighting the leadership. At the same time, the NBA is so pissed they facilitate a deal: Sell the Sonics to a group of OKC businessmen who literally SAVED the New Orleans Hornets post-Katrina to scare local politicos to being fair and giving the Sonics what the M's and Hawks got. The plan was to give Seattle/Washington leaders a year to get a deal. If that happened, the OKC owners would flip the franchise for a tidy profit because of a new arena would be included in the deal. The original goal was really to keep the original Sonics there with a new arena, all the while helping line the pockets of a group of men who stabilized the Hornets when Katrina came along.

The backup plan? If the idiot Seattle leadership didn't come through -- which they obviously didn't -- the NBA and other owners were OK with relocation to OKC based off the great attendance for the Hornets, a team OKC knew would never stay. OKC had a nice arena waiting and ready to go, so it was the ultimate fail-safe should Seattle blow it.

In short, Seattle blew it. The scare tactic to make Washingtonians act failed and the NBA, pissed at how the city's ORIGINAL pro franchise didn't get fair treatment compared to its NFL and MLB counterparts, allowed the move. Five years later, the OKC Thunder is a dominant team with a centerpiece player and will be competing for championships for years to come.

But people from Seattle just think the OKC group was a Snidley Whiplash that was never going to follow through. Sure, they wanted a pro team in OKC, but money talks and the Sonics were much more valuable to them in Seattle, a much bigger media market, and with a new arena, than in OKC.

Anyway, I understand fans mad about losing the Sonics, but they're intellectually dishonest about how it went down and that's why I couldn't support this franchise if it moves there. Those hypocrites would then have both my Yotes and the Kings -- stolen from other cities, just like their beloved Sonics were.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:48 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
So sorry y'all are having to go through all this. No fan should have to experience it, especially for as long as y'all have. I've made it out to Phoenix twice to see the Yotes play and had an absolute blast (was before Tippett got there so am sure it has improved since I was last there).

Hoping y'all can figure it out despite it looking so bleak right now.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Old
01-31-2013, 05:00 PM
zz

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasontixholder View Post
Bad seating is one issue, but more importantly there's no lease agreement in place at US Airway Center. If no buyer could be found with a $ 15 M / yr incentive from Glendale, moving somewhere else ain't gonna happen. That's the sweetest deal you'll ever see.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:02 PM
kihekah19

Quote:

Mine vision has 'em playing in the Madhouse before packed crowds!

Let the high brow elitists watch basketball if they don't like the tired old venue!

Old
01-31-2013, 05:09 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihekah19 View Post
Mine vision has 'em playing in the Madhouse before packed crowds!

Let the high brow elitists watch basketball if they don't like the tired old venue!
If I remember correctly from my days following the Roadrunners late '60s/early '70s, it holds around 12,600 for hockey. It would be fun to see a game there again, but the NHL would never go for it.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:13 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
If I remember correctly from my days following the Roadrunners late '60s/early '70s, it holds around 12,600 for hockey. It would be fun to see a game there again, but the NHL would never go for it.
We can't even get that many anyways for a regular season game.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:25 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

I'm staying off the main boards lol. I feel like half of them have no idea what we've been through as fans of this franchise, they just want a "shiny new toy" like a team in Seattle, or the new Nordiques. If it was happening to their teams, they would be throwing a *****fit. We are now known as the Quebec Cryotes, by the way. What a bunch of childish little ****s.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:30 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
No fool'n?

Perhaps the NHL should get their noses out of the air too!

Old
01-31-2013, 05:36 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Well, season ticket reps have been calling people saying not to believe the media reports.

Weiers was on KTAR saying that Jamison called him this morning to say he'd be in touch later in the day. He admitted that Jamison did NOT ask him for an extension personally but hinted that others had done so on his behalf. But he had no wish to share his speculation as to whether or not the deal would get done before midnight.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:54 PM
pfp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
Well, season ticket reps have been calling people saying not to believe the media reports.
Those poor fools still think they have jobs.

Closed Thread