HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The NHL 2012-13

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 05:18 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
Maybe someone in here can enlighten and educate me.

Was reading the Coyotes board and the thread about the ownership situation. Just about everyone in there was slamming the NHL and saying how rotten the league has been about this and they don't trust them and how if they let the team leave Phoenix they're done with the league/hockey/etc.

I must be missing some major facts here but what has the league done to be the bad guys in all this? Have they not had control of the team for four years now for the reason of trying to let all the political and ownership stuff take form and keep the team there? I'm really lost on all that.

I would've asked in that thread but I've gone in there in peace before and gotten completely torched and accused of trolling so wasn't about to ask there, but, I was left scratching my head. I must really be missing something.
I chalk it up to frustration ,, Moyes and Balsille the guys who put the organization into this mess are out of picture and so there is no one for them to take there anger out on

NHL and Bettman specifically have gone well beyond the call of duty to try and save franchise ,, If it reaches point that NHL has to walk away then I would put 0% of the blame on Bettman and NHL

They have tried there hardest to get an owner down there (JR deal was probably preferable but it was sunk by Balsille's and his people)

Old
01-31-2013, 05:26 PM
Hawkaholic

vCash: 500
I dont know enough about their past, but how did 2 guys put the franchise in a mess? Wouldn't you say it was a mess to begin with? It was NEVER a viable location for hockey, and it took the NHL this long to realize that.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:43 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I dont know enough about their past, but how did 2 guys put the franchise in a mess? Wouldn't you say it was a mess to begin with? It was NEVER a viable location for hockey, and it took the NHL this long to realize that.
They made the playoffs five out of their first six years in the desert and were drawing well. Things starting going downhill after that as far as the quality of product on the ice and in a new market like that that's not going to fare too well after a while. Many would argue leaving the downtown venue for the one they're in now from a logistics standpoint hurt them and I'd agree at least to some extent.

It's a tough pro sports market, period. It's a huge transplant city, ASU is there, it's just a city without a true sports identity in a lot of ways because of that. Lot of hockey fans there, and youth hockey exploded there just like it took off down in Dallas and other Sunbelt cities the NHL touched (or in California's case after Gretzky arrived) so there was some good to come of it, but as it stands now I just think too much damage has been done in Phoenix and they're out of time.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:51 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

The franchise decline began when they left Downtown Pho for Glendale (A terrible move)

Then Moyes and Balsille secretly planned out to put team in bankruptcy court to try and bypass NHL bylaws

That is why NHL had to intervene ,, Balsille had already tried to move Pittsburgh and Nashville and lied to media/NHL/Fans twice

NHL has made it clear that there will never be a team in Hamilton (Effects Buffalo) especially not when it Balsille tries to circumvent the league bylaws to accomplish it

In end the Courts of US affirmed the NHL's rights and Moyes/Balsille failed

NHL had to take over control of franchise and have been trying to sell it ever since ,, They had a deal lined up with JR but Moyes/Balsille's lawyer intentionally leaked court documents about deal in process of being finalized that underminded the deal and led to JR pulling out

Old
01-31-2013, 05:53 PM
Hawkaholic

They never avgd more than 15600 ppl, for their entire life span in PHX. And right now, they are only avging 3000 less than that.

They may have played well at first, but it was never a viable location.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:58 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
They never avgd more than 15600 ppl, for their entire life span in PHX. And right now, they are only avging 3000 less than that.

May not have been a viable location at the end of the day but we were simply stating it wasn't a mess to begin with as you stated, was the point.

It's also worth pointing out the capacity wasn't that large for hockey in the downtown arena (US Airways Center now) Their first five or six years they averaged about 93% capacity per game.

Last edited by Blue Liner: 01-31-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Old
01-31-2013, 06:16 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:

The Yotes old arean only fit 16,210 for hockey but reality was only about 15800 seats were actually useable because the seats were so badly obstructed for hockey

Infact about 3k seats were obstructed and not used when hockey was being played

Old
01-31-2013, 06:41 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

at the pens/rangers game, crosby gets knocked into the boards...gets up whining and looking to the ref for a call like the whiny little ***** he is...and is so slow getting of the ice he causes a too many men penalty

Old
01-31-2013, 09:22 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Caps lose to Leafs 3-2

Caps now 1-5-1 to start year

Old
01-31-2013, 11:08 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

SJ leading the Oil 2-1 after 2. Going for their league leading 7th consecutive win

Old
01-31-2013, 11:42 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
SJ leading the Oil 2-1 after 2. Going for their league leading 7th consecutive win
Does it matter that much, really? They've had a cupcake schedule, next to no travel and very weak opposition. Plus it's the same old Sharks team and core that time and time again hasn't gone all the way in the playoffs.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:05 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
The Sharks puck movement is filthy

Old
02-01-2013, 12:06 AM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

Helter skelter there at the end of OT

Old
02-01-2013, 12:08 AM
topchowda

Edm being my favourite team and Chicago my close second, heres to hoping Oil win and Chicago stays atop the NHL

Old
02-01-2013, 12:10 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

sharks win...remain perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Does it matter that much, really? They've had a cupcake schedule, next to no travel and very weak opposition. Plus it's the same old Sharks team and core that time and time again hasn't gone all the way in the playoffs.
in the grand scheme of things, no...but if we can't have a perfect record then why should anyone else?

on the upside, i've got niemi on my fantasy team...so i suppose is should be happy for their win.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:13 AM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post

in the grand scheme of things, no...but if we can't have a perfect record then why should anyone else?
True. They're hanging by a thread in that respect, relying on the shootout to beat two teams at home that aren't very good.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:18 AM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

Shootout in LA

Old
02-01-2013, 12:54 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

wonder if the Caps will make a trade to shake things up a bit in the NHL

Old
02-01-2013, 09:13 AM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Dare I say... Luongo!?

Not actually serious, but if Schneider had played how they were expecting... It could make some sense. Although no idea if Lu would ever want to go there.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Illinihockey

Remember when idiot Bruins fans were saying that John Scott was ducking Shawn Thornton?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAJcn...yer_embedded#!

Old
02-01-2013, 11:18 AM
Illinihockey

He said that? That’s fine. He can say what he wants,” said Hawks enforcer Scott to the Chicago Tribune. “He’s going after some of our littlest guys on our team to start a fight. He’s trying to challenge [Fernando] Pisani to a fight. What’s that say about him?

“He’s Mr. Tough Guy and he’s trying to challenge Pisani. If I’m in the lineup, he’s more than welcome to come chirp at me. I’ll kick the [bleep] out of him.”

Prophetic

Old
02-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
They should fire there GM before he is allowed to make any more moves that effect there future

Old
02-01-2013, 01:06 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
And, as I already predicted, rumors are already abound that "mystery buyers" are popping up with interest in buying the Yotes, despite not having a $300+ million public subsidy.

This time, Alberta oil men, possibly the owner of the Portland Winterhawks.

Meanwhile, in reality, I just yawn and accept it for what it really is.... the NHL false flagging it up to give locals hopes so as to not face an exodus of the few remaining fans that still go to Jobing.com Arena.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:32 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

I can see them moving to either Portland or Seattle, just makes logistic sense.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:41 PM
Cullksinikers

The next four locations for relocation, in my opinion, are Seattle, Quebec City, Markham, and Kansas City.

Closed Thread