HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part V)

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Old MSG 79 49.07%
New MSG 82 50.93%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 06:43 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

vCash: 500
What people should do is if they can't get back to their seats when the play starts but they're already out in the seating bowl is to just sit on the stairs next to your row until there's a whistle.

01-31-2013, 06:44 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
At least from my vantage point in the 400's last year, I saw the ushers doing that in the lower bowl. Maybe some people got past it or others were more lenient but it looked like they were doing a solid job about it. Someone in the lower bowl would know better though. Least by where I am in 225, they do an alright job of not letting people in during play. I don't really notice that much anyway since I'm in the middle of the row and people going up and down doesn't affect me for the most part.
I was in an aisle seat last year. I swear, I got up at least 7X per period. This year, I'm smack in the middle of my row. It's better, since I barely even get up at intermission, and would practically never leave during gameplay. The ushers in the lower bowl were pretty useless last year. They're doing a much better job this year.

Old
01-31-2013, 07:00 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
I was in an aisle seat last year. I swear, I got up at least 7X per period. This year, I'm smack in the middle of my row. It's better, since I barely even get up at intermission, and would practically never leave during gameplay. The ushers in the lower bowl were pretty useless last year. They're doing a much better job this year.
Where did you go 7X a period? I could see once to take a leak or to grab food/drink. But 7X? And assuming you were out of your seat for only a couple minutes at a time...did you actually watch any of the game? lol

Old
01-31-2013, 07:58 PM
RUSF18

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Where did you go 7X a period? I could see once to take a leak or to grab food/drink. But 7X? And assuming you were out of your seat for only a couple minutes at a time...did you actually watch any of the game? lol
Believe he means he got up 7x from other people trying to get in/leave the row.

I also like the middle of the rows sometimes for this reason.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:03 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I got up 7X because others had to get through and go eat/drink/pee.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:55 PM
broadwayblue

That make more sense. lol

Old
01-31-2013, 09:58 PM
TrueBlue9

nothing to do with the renovation, but the ice seems worse than its ever been at MSG.

might as well be playing with a basketball from the knicks

Old
01-31-2013, 11:30 PM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue9 View Post
nothing to do with the renovation, but the ice seems worse than its ever been at MSG.

might as well be playing with a basketball from the knicks
Can't possibly be worse than it was in the 70s and 80s when there were nails sticking up out of the ****.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:58 AM
Islander102

I noticed that ticket prices this season were astronomically high compared to what it usually costs to get into MSG, and I just chalked it up to renovation + shortened season, but then I noticed, attendance for all games has been listed at 17,200. When did you guys lose a thousand seats?

Old
02-01-2013, 05:55 AM
Shroomtastic71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander102 View Post
I noticed that ticket prices this season were astronomically high compared to what it usually costs to get into MSG, and I just chalked it up to renovation + shortened season, but then I noticed, attendance for all games has been listed at 17,200. When did you guys lose a thousand seats?
I'm pretty sure we lost those seats for just the second part of the renovation. It'll be back to normal next season when they complete part 3 of the renovation.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:51 AM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
i think its getting a little bit better as each game goes on.

i sit in 213 and on opening night the area of the concourse right underneath my section was a cluster - **** and you couldnt move. last night it was a lot easier to navigate. (we're talking about during intermission)

the area under 210-212 where the specialty concession stands are however is still a mess, it takes a while to get thru.

Old
02-01-2013, 08:56 AM
Dangleberry

I managed to get down to row 3 after the game. The seats are higher than the cameras, so it doesn't look like they interfere with your view at all.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:01 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
i think its getting a little bit better as each game goes on.

i sit in 213 and on opening night the area of the concourse right underneath my section was a cluster - **** and you couldnt move. last night it was a lot easier to navigate. (we're talking about during intermission)

the area under 210-212 where the specialty concession stands are however is still a mess, it takes a while to get thru.
Agreed.

Also: If you go down to the Madison Concourse it's not nearly as crowded down there as it was last year.

02-01-2013, 09:15 AM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
Agreed.

Also: If you go down to the Madison Concourse it's not nearly as crowded down there as it was last year.
i don't know, i went down there in between the first and second last night and just walked around and there were a lot of people down there and some areas took a while to navigate thru. maybe we were down there at different times.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:17 AM
dstoffa

Quote:
its never changed. 1st whistle thats not after a goal or icing at the 14 minute, 10 minute and 6 minute marks of each period. there can't be a tv timeout in the last 2 minutes of play in the 3rd either.
In addition, a team cannot be on the Power Play. If a team is on the power play at one of these milestones, the TV timeout will occur at the first stoppage AFTER the PP expires (but not a goal). There CAN be a TVTO when a penalty is awarded to start a PP.

Cheers!
-Doug

There used to be more than three TVTO's in a period.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:19 AM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
In addition, a team cannot be on the Power Play. If a team is on the power play at one of these milestones, the TV timeout will occur at the first stoppage AFTER the PP expires (but not a goal). There CAN be a TVTO when a penalty is awarded to start a PP.

Cheers!
-Doug
Addition:

TV timeouts cannot occur when the stoppage is caused by:
Goal, icing, penalty shot.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:58 PM
Dangleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBoo View Post
They key to determining that there will be a television timeout, is looking at the penalty box side of the red line. When a tv timeout occurs there will be a red bulb that goes on. I've seen this at MSG, Prudential Center, Air Canada Centre, and the Verizon Center.

I haven't been to a game this year, but I always check that just to verify a tv timeout is happening.
Thanks for that tip, it works pretty well.

Old
02-08-2013, 06:49 PM
Tikkanese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
Agreed.

I dunno. I sit in 225, and I think they have improved the bathroom lines somewhat. But the concessions are a total mess. They massively screwed up their customer traffic modeling for this - there are not enough concession stands and/or employees to serve everyone in a reasonable amount of time. I have twice spent entire intermissions in line to get a hot dog and beer and a couple other times I couldn't be bothered to wait (hence lost revenue for MSG). And the traffic flow is terrible. Not sure what they thought they were achieving.

Old
02-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Tikkanese

Quote:
i don't know, i went down there in between the first and second last night and just walked around and there were a lot of people down there and some areas took a while to navigate thru. maybe we were down there at different times.
I had the same experience as TrueBlue. And the Team Store is way too small/crowded. No time to check out all the offerings, a lot of jostling. Again - this is a revenue source for MSG and they F*%cked it up.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:46 PM
McDunna with Fries

Where are the best seats in the house now for atmosphere? Before the renovations I felt like any of the 400s were great. I sat in the 200's 20th row post renovation (which kind of felt like front row 400s pre-renovation, as far as proximity is concerned) and it kinda sucked. Really quiet, no one going too crazy and kind of boring.

Old
02-09-2013, 12:46 PM
srsly989

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDunna with Fries View Post
Where are the best seats in the house now for atmosphere? Before the renovations I felt like any of the 400s were great. I sat in the 200's 20th row post renovation (which kind of felt like front row 400s pre-renovation, as far as proximity is concerned) and it kinda sucked. Really quiet, no one going too crazy and kind of boring.
The 400s are considered the loudest section at MSG. But those rivalry games are always loud and great no matter where you sit.

Old
02-10-2013, 09:25 AM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDunna with Fries View Post
Which game was it? I thought most of the games in my 200 section had a "400-like" atmosphere. Just not the Penguins game.

02-10-2013, 02:31 PM
tailgunner

been going to MSG since 1981, thursday vs the islanders was my first game this year since phase 2 of the renovation...my thoughts....the concourses, bathrooms bars and west balcony are awesome...but now with the walkarounds eliminated and these big sections with 22 rows in them really take away from the intimidation and rowdiness of the crowd....I felt like cattle just segregated into a box and everyone throughout the arena was pretty quiet, this was the quietest rangers islanders game Ive been to...it seems like the atmosphere is gone...it's lost its charm and looks like every other arena in the nhl now...

Old
02-10-2013, 02:35 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailgunner View Post
been going to MSG since 1981, thursday vs the islanders was my first game this year since phase 2 of the renovation...my thoughts....the concourses, bathrooms bars and west balcony are awesome...but now with the walkarounds eliminated and these big sections with 22 rows in them really take away from the intimidation and rowdiness of the crowd....I felt like cattle just segregated into a box and everyone throughout the arena was pretty quiet, this was the quietest rangers islanders game Ive been to...it seems like the atmosphere is gone...it's lost its charm and looks like every other arena in the nhl now...
Feel the same way about the atmosphere--now that the overhangs are gone and all the seats are open (to the ceiling), it really cuts down on the sound the crowd makes. It's really quiet unless the whole crowd is chanting.

Old
02-10-2013, 02:38 PM
McDunna with Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailgunner View Post
Yeah I was at that game and I agree completely. But quiet crowds tend to happen when you take an early lead and completely dominate the opponent all game.

Closed Thread