HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Prospect Depository IV - A New Thread About Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 01:39 PM
joe89

vCash: 500
Probably didn't hurt to have Pavel play and talk with Marchenko for half a season. AHL feels like the right step for him.

Pretty salivating group of offensive talent on the Griffins back end next season.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:43 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Wings need to get Sproul and Marchenko NHL-ready asap... right-handed shots... imagine if they had three solid pairs all with one right-hander

Kronwall-Sproul
Ouellet-Marchenko
Lashoff-Jensen

Or similar

Old
01-30-2013, 01:50 PM
RedMachine87

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardingsJockstrap View Post
Good updates from Backman and Marchenko :

http://www.redwingscentral.com/2013/...wings-backman/

The Wings might have a steal in Backman it seems. I've kept and eye out on him, but never really studied him.
The Griffins could be really good next year depending on how things play out. I don't get to watch them a lot so [those who do] feel free to correct me, but potentially:

Pulkkinen Jarnkrok Tatar
Ferraro Sheahan Jurco
Pare Aubry Hoggan
Grant Quine Parkes (Glendening)

Almqvist Lashoff
Sproul Ouellet
Marchenko Billins
Jensen

**Not sure at all about the bottom six forwards. And I think all of Tatar, Jarnkrok, and Pulkkinen have a chance at making the Wings.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:53 PM
RedMachine87

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Wings need to get Sproul and Marchenko NHL-ready asap... right-handed shots... imagine if they had three solid pairs all with one right-hander

Kronwall-Sproul
Ouellet-Marchenko
Lashoff-Jensen

Or similar
You just offed Smith?

Old
01-30-2013, 01:58 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan2Holland View Post
The Griffins could be really good next year depending on how things play out. I don't get to watch them a lot so [those who do] feel free to correct me, but potentially:

Pulkkinen Jarnkrok Tatar
Ferraro Sheahan Jurco
Pare Aubry Hoggan

Almqvist Lashoff
Sproul Ouellet
Marchenko Billins
Jensen

**Not sure at all about the bottom six forwards. And I think all of Tatar, Jarnkrok, and Pulkkinen have a chance at making the Wings.
Could live with that roster, that's for sure.. But it's getting crowded with Frk and Tvrdon, too. Tvrdon missing almost an entire year is a good bet to start in the ECHL though. Personally I think they'll walk from Pare to make room.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:09 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Could live with that roster, that's for sure.. But it's getting crowded with Frk and Tvrdon, too. Tvrdon missing almost an entire year is a good bet to start in the ECHL though. Personally I think they'll walk from Pare to make room.
and Callahan's in there

Old
01-30-2013, 02:11 PM
ChadS

Quote:

Pulkkinen Jarnkrok Tatar
Ferraro Sheahan Jurco
Pare Aubry Hoggan

Almqvist Lashoff
Sproul Ouellet
Marchenko Billins
Jensen

I'm quite sure Callahan will be in the GR lineup. He's been getting more responsibility from Blashill lately. Frk seems to be turning pro as well, Nedomlel will probably start in the ECHL. Otherwise that lineup looks extremely entertaining.

I personally think (or hope...) Järnkrok will make the Wings roster. Tatar SHOULD also make it, hoping they will let Cleary go.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:14 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
and Callahan's in there
It's a tough cookie because you want to have some veterans too. It's easy to say get rid of Hoggan, Paetsch etc. but these guys play a role. Having a top9 without a single guy over 22 is probably not the way to go.

But the Wings have a couple of spots open for next year, so barring another silly veteran depth signing we'll probably see Tatar and Calle with the Wings for most of the year and that opens up a couple of spots for GR.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:02 PM
RedMachine87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
I'm quite sure Callahan will be in the GR lineup. He's been getting more responsibility from Blashill lately. Frk seems to be turning pro as well, Nedomlel will probably start in the ECHL. Otherwise that lineup looks extremely entertaining.

I personally think (or hope...) Järnkrok will make the Wings roster. Tatar SHOULD also make it, hoping they will let Cleary go.
Forgot about Callahan and Frk. Tvrdon and Nedomlel to the Walleyes to begin...

Tatar will probably be on the wings, on another NHL team, or in the KHL; even though I'd love to see him complete his two-way eligibility and put on some more pounds, he's paid his dues in full. I'm hoping Jarnkrok will go straight to the wings as well (and I think he will), but only if there is a top six spot available for him. The only other option would be to let him center the third line and slot Helm into the fourth line center spot (which would be under utilizing him IMO).

Old
01-30-2013, 03:14 PM
Konnan511
#Loyalty

Send a message via AIM to Konnan511
Marchenko seems to have a really good head on his shoulders, I'm not too worried about the Russian factor with him. He wants to play in north America, which is half the battle. If he continues to progress like he is and should, then he has a chance to be a force.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:17 PM
newfy

Quote:
It's a tough cookie because you want to have some veterans too. It's easy to say get rid of Hoggan, Paetsch etc. but these guys play a role. Having a top9 without a single guy over 22 is probably not the way to go.

But the Wings have a couple of spots open for next year, so barring another silly veteran depth signing we'll probably see Tatar and Calle with the Wings for most of the year and that opens up a couple of spots for GR.
Theres 3 or 4 guys in that bottom 6 that Callahan has a bigger role on the team than. Hes playing third line, PKs and is trusted to play in OT because of where his defensive game is at.

Parkes is in the ECHL

Old
01-30-2013, 04:00 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Theres 3 or 4 guys in that bottom 6 that Callahan has a bigger role on the team than. Hes playing third line, PKs and is trusted to play in OT because of where his defensive game is at.

Parkes is in the ECHL
Yeah definitely, I was talking more generally about the spots.

Glendening looks like a top9 player too. Aubry has to up his game if he wants to be considered in the long term plans and Jurco at one point has to earn all of his ice time aswell. Let's be honest about Raedeke, Coetzee, Fournier, Parkes and Nestrasil. there's no apparent NHL upside there. Raedeke is off the books and the other four will have to fight hard for an AHL spot.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:26 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Yeah definitely, I was talking more generally about the spots.

Glendening looks like a top9 player too. Aubry has to up his game if he wants to be considered in the long term plans and Jurco at one point has to earn all of his ice time aswell. Let's be honest about Raedeke, Coetzee, Fournier, Parkes and Nestrasil. there's no apparent NHL upside there. Raedeke is off the books and the other four will have to fight hard for an AHL spot.
Pretty much agree on the five players listed, of them Parkes has the best longshot of the NHL, because of size and skating and his performances when they scrimmage and what not, seems to do better when in actual Wings camp than anywhere else throughout his career.

Glendening should get a Wings contract at the end of this year to protect him as an asset, somebody will offer him if we don't and put him in their system. Aubry needs to come off this suspension well and have a big summer, but I am about ready to write him off permanently, of course I thought the same thing about Lashoff last year so not all is lost for Aubry.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:00 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

vCash: 50
Quine having a 6 point night tonight with Belleville up 8-2.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:11 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

vCash: 50
Bulls beat Kingston 8-2.

Quine finishes with 1 goal, 5 assists, 6 points..he was a +6 and was named the first star.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:22 PM
kuick
Tatar Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
Quine having a 6 point night tonight with Belleville up 8-2.
Been awesome since he got traded, sitting pretty at 2 PPG (3 G, 13 A in 8 games).

Hope he can carry some of that offensive flair to Grand Rapids.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:07 AM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Bulls beat Kingston 8-2.

Quine finishes with 1 goal, 5 assists, 6 points..he was a +6 and was named the first star.
Since I'm moving to Las Vegas, and the friends I have use this saying, I'll leave it here for this game Quine had:

"Damnsun...that migget 'negro' chomped der ***** up my boya"

I mean that quote with the utmost respect. I'll miss those guys like nothing else. Some of the best people I've met in my life.

Old
01-31-2013, 07:34 AM
InjuredChoker

Nedolmel 1G.
Athanasiou didn't play. Neither did Ouellet.
Hudon 1A +1.

Old
01-31-2013, 07:35 AM
InjuredChoker

Quine's games highlights.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:33 AM
GT500x
Im OK where we're at

I'm going down with the Coetzee-Ferraro-Almqvist ship. All three make it into the NHL or bust.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:39 AM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Bulls beat Kingston 8-2.

Dang, that's impressive. Did he drive the zamboni and hand out game programs too?

Old
01-31-2013, 11:45 AM
Unsportsmanlike
Marc Madsen

Quote:

Pulkkinen Jarnkrok Tatar
Ferraro Sheahan Jurco
Pare Aubry Hoggan

Almqvist Lashoff
Sproul Ouellet
Marchenko Billins
Jensen

Nicastro as well

Old
01-31-2013, 02:18 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Pulkkinen with an assist, Jokerit beat Tappara in Tampere 3-2.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:24 PM
joe89

Jarnkrok's team lost 1-7, Backman's team lost 0-4. Both at home. Ouch. Both -1. Not sure Jarnkrok even played in the 3rd, don't know why.

edit: Yup, sounds like some sort of lingering injury for Jarnkrok and that's why he left the game. He's gonna rest up and not play with the National team. He didn't want to answer what injury.

http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey...-traffa-marts/

Last edited by joe89: 01-31-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old
01-31-2013, 06:04 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Jarnkrok's team lost 1-7, Backman's team lost 0-4. Both at home. Ouch. Both -1. Not sure Jarnkrok even played in the 3rd, don't know why.

edit: Yup, sounds like some sort of lingering injury for Jarnkrok and that's why he left the game. He's gonna rest up and not play with the National team. He didn't want to answer what injury.

http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey...-traffa-marts/
Seems like Jarnkrok has been carrying an injury now for a couple months. He missed the the last EHT with some problem. Considering what he is still doing that is very impressive actually. His numbers are not bad at all for a guy that seems to have been dinged for a majority of the year and on a team struggling offensively.

On the other big story going around lately with our prospects, anyone around here still want to argue about Quine receiving a contract at the end of this year? Guessing a big no!

Nice to get some vindication right Newfy?

Closed Thread