HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Non-Ownership Thread: Who Cares Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 07:12 PM
Nose of Sutter

vCash: 500
I'm sorry guys, no fan base deserves to go through this **** especially as long you guys have. Hoping for the best, no city should have to go through their team relocating.

Old
01-31-2013, 07:24 PM
YEMELIN74

Send a message via MSN to YEMELIN74
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfp View Post
Those poor fools still think they have jobs.
they still do until the end of the season, if the nhl decides to move the coyotes I doubt they will announce it before the end of the season, I also believe that they will say that they are still doing everything they can to keep the team in Glendale like saying that they have 2 secret investors....

Old
01-31-2013, 07:28 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEMELIN74 View Post
I also believe that they will say that they are still doing everything they can to keep the team in Glendale like saying that they have 2 secret investors....
Which, of course, is exactly what was said.

But there is a limit to how much BS people will buy. If anything, Coyotes fans have learned that there is NEVER an end to the saga, it will just keep playing out two weeks at a time.

But what really amazes me is how many who want the team moved are totally willing to believe that the day after the 'deadline' there will be an announcement that the team is moving. it would appear that they haven't quite learned how this works yet.

Old
01-31-2013, 07:29 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
I'm staying off the main boards lol. I feel like half of them have no idea what we've been through as fans of this franchise
I know what it feels like. Lost the Rams 18 years ago; however, we might be getting them back in a couple of years, ironic if so.

So I do empathize. Especially so since the Kings and Coyotes were developing a true rivalry, which would be great for the NHL here in the southwest.

For what its worth, Bettman has continued to support the franchise staying in Phoenix, as he called the Glendale mayor today to emphasize that point.

01-31-2013, 07:33 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Well...guess the Team is just going to have to win the Cup this year. They won't move the team then, or they go out on top...like George Costanza

Old
01-31-2013, 07:33 PM
Brodie
watcher on the walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfp View Post
Those poor fools still think they have jobs.
In Atlanta, st reps kept selling even after the press conference in Winnipeg. Puck Daddy called them and they weren't even aware.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:01 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

I think Atlanta's situation was much different. Caught everybody off guard. Poor guys lost their team at the drop of a hat. Almost wish if it's gonna happen to us, that it happens that way.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:08 PM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
Well, season ticket reps have been calling people saying not to believe the media reports.

Weiers was on KTAR saying that Jamison called him this morning to say he'd be in touch later in the day. He admitted that Jamison did NOT ask him for an extension personally but hinted that others had done so on his behalf. But he had no wish to share his speculation as to whether or not the deal would get done before midnight.
Mine hasn't called me today and I just talked to her Tuesday. I am pretty disappointed so I could have used a call to cheer me up.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:42 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

5 hours...

Old
01-31-2013, 08:49 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Deal is not happening, expect statement within an hour. Jamison continues to work on "a deal" but it will not be this deal

Old
01-31-2013, 08:49 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

vCash: 1025
"@cmorgancbsfoxaz: Greg Jamison: "We will be unable to complete a deal by the deadline. We’re still pursuing a deal anyway, but it will be a different deal.”"

"@cmorgancbsfoxaz: Greg Jamison will be issuing a release shortly. He will not be conducting further interviews tonight."

Old
01-31-2013, 08:51 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

Lots of speculation that some backdoor deal broke this one apart. What that means who knows but Glendale messed up the first two, GWI last time, then the NHL this time. Balanced destruction.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:53 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

& that's it folks.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:54 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Greg Jamison: " We’re still pursuing a deal anyway, but it will be a different deal.”
Obvious smokescreen is obvious.

01-31-2013, 09:01 PM
awfulwaffle

If he couldn't get a deal with the money from the COG that was offered, he won't get a deal in the future. Let's face it boys and girls, this is the last season of hockey in Arizona. Let's enjoy it while we can.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:03 PM
Redcoyote
Hungry

Well damn. The closest team to me out here in Virginia is Carolina. I guess its time to start getting familiar with the franchise and fan base as we finish up this last season in Phoenix.

I'm still invested in Doan and the team so I'll follow them and cheer for them when they move but I will not care as much for newly aquired players etc.

Hopefully this fires the team up to close out this season in a blaze of glory.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:08 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

Quote:
Amid reports that possibly two other groups were interested in buying the team and another saying Jamison had asked for an extension on his agreement with the city, what once seemed like a done deal has become complicated and convoluted. A spokeswoman for Glendale said the mayor has not received a request for an extension from Jamison.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jamison...5893--nhl.html

Have to enjoy how its the first we have heard of this

Old
01-31-2013, 09:09 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcoyote View Post
Well damn. The closest team to me out here in Virginia is Carolina. I guess its time to start getting familiar with the franchise and fan base as we finish up this last season in Phoenix.

I'm still invested in Doan and the team so I'll follow them and cheer for them when they move but I will not care as much for newly aquired players etc.

Hopefully this fires the team up to close out this season in a blaze of glory.
I think if this team moves to Seattle I might be able to follow them and root for them continually. But if they move to QC, no chance in hell will I stick with them after the barrage that the QC fans put on us over the years. I will root for the current crop of players, as well as those waiting to get to the NHL. But beyond that, I will have to root for someone else.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:17 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jamison...5893--nhl.html

Have to enjoy how its the first we have heard of this
Obvious smokescreen is obvious.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:17 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
I think if this team moves to Seattle I might be able to follow them and root for them continually. But if they move to QC, no chance in hell will I stick with them after the barrage that the QC fans put on us over the years. I will root for the current crop of players, as well as those waiting to get to the NHL. But beyond that, I will have to root for someone else.
My dealings with Nordiques fans have been 90% civil. I'm sorry your experience has not been the same.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:20 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

Quote:
He did not elaborate, but Jamison believes Thursday’s negotiations helped keep hockey in Arizona beyond this season.
http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/01/3...77&feedID=3702

Old
01-31-2013, 09:24 PM
azsharkfan

IF...if the Coyotes were to re-locate, I would believe that hockey would have a better chance returning to US Airways vs. Jobing.com.

If I had billions to invest, I would re-config the downtown arena, removing the Suns practice facility. That practice court takes 1/3 of the arena space. This location creates equal-distance for valley residents to support a new team.

The best thing, although it seems harsh, would be to let this franchise go and keep the name and records. Get away from the Glendale politics and get back to downtown.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:41 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 555
At the very least we had a hell of a run last year. That won't be taken away. Maybe we can have a repeat of last Feb this Feb.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:50 PM
drgregg

I feel like I have moved through the stages of grief fairly quickly over the past hour and have now settled on acceptance, at least for the rest of this year. I hope that the team does well for the remainder of the season, and I will continue to watch; just like I have for the last 30+ years.
Maybe this new interested buyer actually exists, I'll believe it when I see it, but I do know that I care less about the team and it's future right now than I did last night at this time.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:51 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Lots of speculation that some backdoor deal broke this one apart. What that means who knows but Glendale messed up the first two, GWI last time, then the NHL this time. Balanced destruction.
I would argue that the City was responsible for #3 and blamed Goldwater. They were not getting $100m in more debt added to their Ballance sheet and this past years fiscal crisis out there substantiates that's

Closed Thread