HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Thanks for screwing us over (JVR)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2013, 02:56 PM
  #126
Brody
Registered User
 
Brody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,427
vCash: 500
JvR has been the Leafs' very best player, this thread is a joke, no wonder everyone hates us Leaf fans.

Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:53 PM
  #127
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuccoman View Post
I liked JVR, I really like Schenn. We need a good young player on defense right now a lot more than we need JVR.
yup. i agree. this is why i dont understand why people cant live with it. both teams traded a surplus for a need, and it should work out for both. both players have struggled, and both players CAN be great. whats the big deal. So far looks good for both clubs. Which in all honesty is what I think we all wanna see. Fair trades. Not every deal will be Zhitnik for Coburn. Or Upshall and a 2nd for Carcillo. Ill take Jvr for Schenn every time

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 04:22 PM
  #128
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
JvR has been the Leafs' very best player, this thread is a joke, no wonder everyone hates us Leaf fans.
Hopefully he goes into beast mode for you guys. Kid was amazing when everything was going right.

That said; I like what I have seen out of Schenn.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 06:26 PM
  #129
Ewan McGregor
Registered User
 
Ewan McGregor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,919
vCash: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
JvR has been the Leafs' very best player, this thread is a joke, no wonder everyone hates us Leaf fans.
Every fanbase has idiots, and everyone knows the Leafs has the biggest fanbase out there.

Ewan McGregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 06:47 PM
  #130
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,924
vCash: 100
I think this is a great example of a good trade for both teams.

I don't know why HFBoards has an obsession with winning trades. To me, best trades are trades where both teams benefit.

I've seen Schenn in two games and he looks like he's lost a lot of weight and has been a good player so far. If he improves his skating a bit he can be a great shut down D.

We needed a big body than can put pucks in the net. We could have scored another 10-15 goals last year if we had someone who put those rebounds in the net.

JvR does that, plays a bit on the PK, screens on the PP, and has been dependable so far ES.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 06:49 PM
  #131
chimrichalds18
the key
 
chimrichalds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,769
vCash: 500
PP goal. Sitting right on the edge of the crease, slams it home.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 06:50 PM
  #132
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
PP goal. Sitting right on the edge of the crease, slams it home.
Yup. He's been great in front of the net.

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 07:21 PM
  #133
FlyingHigh28*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
I think this is a great example of a good trade for both teams.

I don't know why HFBoards has an obsession with winning trades. To me, best trades are trades where both teams benefit.

I've seen Schenn in two games and he looks like he's lost a lot of weight and has been a good player so far. If he improves his skating a bit he can be a great shut down D.

We needed a big body than can put pucks in the net. We could have scored another 10-15 goals last year if we had someone who put those rebounds in the net.

JvR does that, plays a bit on the PK, screens on the PP, and has been dependable so far ES.
I really don't think it's a win-win. If JVR hits his full potential / continues to score as he has early this year, you win the trade by a pretty large margin.

I'm not crapping on Schenn, he's a nice defenseman and undoubtedly will become a fan favorite due to his hitting (he'll be a stark contrast to JVR who was hated by many Flyers fans), but he's not a star player, he's not a #1 defenseman, while JVR does have star winger potential. He showed this same set of abilities last year prior to the injuries and I'm glad he appears healthy again and is doing it for you. I wish our GM had allowed him another year in Philly, but he had gone a couple months without a trade, so he had the itch and had to pull the trigger on something.

FlyingHigh28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 07:32 PM
  #134
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
I really don't think it's a win-win. If JVR hits his full potential / continues to score as he has early this year, you win the trade by a pretty large margin.

I'm not crapping on Schenn, he's a nice defenseman and undoubtedly will become a fan favorite due to his hitting (he'll be a stark contrast to JVR who was hated by many Flyers fans), but he's not a star player, he's not a #1 defenseman, while JVR does have star winger potential. He showed this same set of abilities last year prior to the injuries and I'm glad he appears healthy again and is doing it for you. I wish our GM had allowed him another year in Philly, but he had gone a couple months without a trade, so he had the itch and had to pull the trigger on something.
I don't think JVR has star potential. He has potential to be a pretty good winger. But with that said I still have to see JVR do it for a whole season before I start praising him. For every good stretch of games he had it usually was followed by bad stretch of games here.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:04 PM
  #135
FlyingHigh28*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I don't think JVR has star potential. He has potential to be a pretty good winger. But with that said I still have to see JVR do it for a whole season before I start praising him. For every good stretch of games he had it usually was followed by bad stretch of games here.
My god, imagine that... a 23 year old power forward in training had some trouble with inconsistency.

FlyingHigh28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:28 PM
  #136
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
My god, imagine that... a 23 year old power forward in training had some trouble with inconsistency.
I know right. Never understood Flyers fans' inability to understand that some players don't reach their potential in their 3rd season.

I have a feeling Flyers fans are gonna set their sights on B. Schenn and Couturier in the near future when their not tearing up the NHL in their 3rd yr.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:41 PM
  #137
Ewan McGregor
Registered User
 
Ewan McGregor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,919
vCash: 622
Anyone else see that game? JvR looked really good...

Ewan McGregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:47 PM
  #138
Jray42
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,174
vCash: 91
I'm still not a fan of this trade, but it is what it is.

Jray42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:47 PM
  #139
threeGo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewan McGregor View Post
Anyone else see that game? JvR looked really good...
that speed he showed in the last period.

threeGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:49 PM
  #140
Stephen
Registered User
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 31,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewan McGregor View Post
Anyone else see that game? JvR looked really good...
JVR was a revelation tonight, he's shown his scoring touch before but tonight he looked like the highlight reel against Boston in the playoffs...

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:49 PM
  #141
Brody
Registered User
 
Brody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
Hopefully he goes into beast mode for you guys. Kid was amazing when everything was going right.

That said; I like what I have seen out of Schenn.
He is going into beast mode imo, if he's not scoring goals, he'd in front of the net, or creating plays. Loving his play, he's been a solid addition to our core group going forward.

How's Schenn looked?

Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:11 PM
  #142
chimrichalds18
the key
 
chimrichalds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,769
vCash: 500
1st star of the game. Good for him. He looked great. When he kicks it up a gear, he's close to unstoppable.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:21 PM
  #143
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Markham and Lawrence
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Gotta say this is a silly and ridiculous by a fellow Leafs fan.

JVR has been great and tonight was his best game. One way to describe his game tonight. BEAST. He was everywhere, he made some solid passes, created scoring chances with his speed and skill, went hard to the net, and made some solid defensive plays.

His rush near the end of the 3rd period was just phenomenal. The guy played his heart out tonight. He was the best player on the ice tonight, IMO.

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:22 PM
  #144
Donmega
Registered User
 
Donmega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,255
vCash: 500
Looks like the trade worked out for both teams. JVR has been playing really great for us so far. Lot's of hustle, awesome net coverage and plays hard along the boards.

Donmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:31 PM
  #145
Jerkini
Registered User
 
Jerkini's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,384
vCash: 500
Tonight I think was the first time I've seen him utilize his speed for the Leafs. He looked sluggish in his earlier games, might be conditioning, but he was flying out there. Looked real solid.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:37 PM
  #146
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,694
vCash: 500
This thread is looking worse and worse...

And to be clear, I've predicted big things for Luke on the Flyers. But to judge a trade after 2 games is ridiculous. And Luke himself didn't look good after 2 games.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:37 PM
  #147
cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!
 
cyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 3rd Planet From Sun.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,167
vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
Tonight I think was the first time I've seen him utilize his speed for the Leafs. He looked sluggish in his earlier games, might be conditioning, but he was flying out there. Looked real solid.
He did take a slapper off the foot in training camp getting badly bruised.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:38 PM
  #148
JVReemer
Registered User
 
JVReemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,283
vCash: 610
As you can tell by username and avatar, I'm pretty excited by our new 1st/2nd line LW He's been unreal since game 3, and just echoing what my fellow leaf fans have said above me here; but he looked like a beast tonight!

I'm also very curious to see how Schenn is doing.. Even though he was god awful in his last couple of seasons here, he's always been a class act and I'm really rooting for him.

JVReemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:44 PM
  #149
achdumeingute
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 2,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
I really don't think it's a win-win. If JVR hits his full potential / continues to score as he has early this year, you win the trade by a pretty large margin.

I'm not crapping on Schenn, he's a nice defenseman and undoubtedly will become a fan favorite due to his hitting (he'll be a stark contrast to JVR who was hated by many Flyers fans), but he's not a star player, he's not a #1 defenseman, while JVR does have star winger potential. He showed this same set of abilities last year prior to the injuries and I'm glad he appears healthy again and is doing it for you. I wish our GM had allowed him another year in Philly, but he had gone a couple months without a trade, so he had the itch and had to pull the trigger on something.
We were just making room for Bobby Ryan in 2 years...

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:05 PM
  #150
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,324
vCash: 500
Eh, while JVR would have been nice this season, don't know how we would be doing without our arguably 2nd best defender so far.

I think you do got to wait longer. JVR has done this since he has come into the league. 5 games of dominance, 15-20 normal to below (where he is invisible).

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.