HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Thanks for screwing us over (JVR)

Old
01-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Brody

vCash: 500
JvR has been the Leafs' very best player, this thread is a joke, no wonder everyone hates us Leaf fans.

Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:53 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuccoman View Post
I liked JVR, I really like Schenn. We need a good young player on defense right now a lot more than we need JVR.
yup. i agree. this is why i dont understand why people cant live with it. both teams traded a surplus for a need, and it should work out for both. both players have struggled, and both players CAN be great. whats the big deal. So far looks good for both clubs. Which in all honesty is what I think we all wanna see. Fair trades. Not every deal will be Zhitnik for Coburn. Or Upshall and a 2nd for Carcillo. Ill take Jvr for Schenn every time

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 04:22 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
JvR has been the Leafs' very best player, this thread is a joke, no wonder everyone hates us Leaf fans.
Hopefully he goes into beast mode for you guys. Kid was amazing when everything was going right.

That said; I like what I have seen out of Schenn.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 06:26 PM
Ewan McGregor

vCash: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
Every fanbase has idiots, and everyone knows the Leafs has the biggest fanbase out there.

Ewan McGregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 06:47 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
I think this is a great example of a good trade for both teams.

I don't know why HFBoards has an obsession with winning trades. To me, best trades are trades where both teams benefit.

I've seen Schenn in two games and he looks like he's lost a lot of weight and has been a good player so far. If he improves his skating a bit he can be a great shut down D.

We needed a big body than can put pucks in the net. We could have scored another 10-15 goals last year if we had someone who put those rebounds in the net.

JvR does that, plays a bit on the PK, screens on the PP, and has been dependable so far ES.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 06:49 PM
chimrichalds18
the key

PP goal. Sitting right on the edge of the crease, slams it home.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 06:50 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
PP goal. Sitting right on the edge of the crease, slams it home.
Yup. He's been great in front of the net.

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 07:21 PM
FlyingHigh28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
I think this is a great example of a good trade for both teams.

I don't know why HFBoards has an obsession with winning trades. To me, best trades are trades where both teams benefit.

I've seen Schenn in two games and he looks like he's lost a lot of weight and has been a good player so far. If he improves his skating a bit he can be a great shut down D.

We needed a big body than can put pucks in the net. We could have scored another 10-15 goals last year if we had someone who put those rebounds in the net.

JvR does that, plays a bit on the PK, screens on the PP, and has been dependable so far ES.
I really don't think it's a win-win. If JVR hits his full potential / continues to score as he has early this year, you win the trade by a pretty large margin.

I'm not crapping on Schenn, he's a nice defenseman and undoubtedly will become a fan favorite due to his hitting (he'll be a stark contrast to JVR who was hated by many Flyers fans), but he's not a star player, he's not a #1 defenseman, while JVR does have star winger potential. He showed this same set of abilities last year prior to the injuries and I'm glad he appears healthy again and is doing it for you. I wish our GM had allowed him another year in Philly, but he had gone a couple months without a trade, so he had the itch and had to pull the trigger on something.

FlyingHigh28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 07:32 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
I really don't think it's a win-win. If JVR hits his full potential / continues to score as he has early this year, you win the trade by a pretty large margin.

I'm not crapping on Schenn, he's a nice defenseman and undoubtedly will become a fan favorite due to his hitting (he'll be a stark contrast to JVR who was hated by many Flyers fans), but he's not a star player, he's not a #1 defenseman, while JVR does have star winger potential. He showed this same set of abilities last year prior to the injuries and I'm glad he appears healthy again and is doing it for you. I wish our GM had allowed him another year in Philly, but he had gone a couple months without a trade, so he had the itch and had to pull the trigger on something.
I don't think JVR has star potential. He has potential to be a pretty good winger. But with that said I still have to see JVR do it for a whole season before I start praising him. For every good stretch of games he had it usually was followed by bad stretch of games here.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:04 PM
FlyingHigh28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I don't think JVR has star potential. He has potential to be a pretty good winger. But with that said I still have to see JVR do it for a whole season before I start praising him. For every good stretch of games he had it usually was followed by bad stretch of games here.
My god, imagine that... a 23 year old power forward in training had some trouble with inconsistency.

FlyingHigh28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:28 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
My god, imagine that... a 23 year old power forward in training had some trouble with inconsistency.
I know right. Never understood Flyers fans' inability to understand that some players don't reach their potential in their 3rd season.

I have a feeling Flyers fans are gonna set their sights on B. Schenn and Couturier in the near future when their not tearing up the NHL in their 3rd yr.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:41 PM
Ewan McGregor

vCash: 622
Anyone else see that game? JvR looked really good...

Ewan McGregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:47 PM
Jray42

vCash: 91
I'm still not a fan of this trade, but it is what it is.

Jray42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:47 PM
threeGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewan McGregor View Post
that speed he showed in the last period.

threeGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:49 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewan McGregor View Post
JVR was a revelation tonight, he's shown his scoring touch before but tonight he looked like the highlight reel against Boston in the playoffs...

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:49 PM
Brody

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
Hopefully he goes into beast mode for you guys. Kid was amazing when everything was going right.

That said; I like what I have seen out of Schenn.
He is going into beast mode imo, if he's not scoring goals, he'd in front of the net, or creating plays. Loving his play, he's been a solid addition to our core group going forward.

How's Schenn looked?

Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:11 PM
chimrichalds18
the key

1st star of the game. Good for him. He looked great. When he kicks it up a gear, he's close to unstoppable.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:21 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Gotta say this is a silly and ridiculous by a fellow Leafs fan.

JVR has been great and tonight was his best game. One way to describe his game tonight. BEAST. He was everywhere, he made some solid passes, created scoring chances with his speed and skill, went hard to the net, and made some solid defensive plays.

His rush near the end of the 3rd period was just phenomenal. The guy played his heart out tonight. He was the best player on the ice tonight, IMO.

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:22 PM
Donmega

Looks like the trade worked out for both teams. JVR has been playing really great for us so far. Lot's of hustle, awesome net coverage and plays hard along the boards.

Donmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:31 PM
Jerkini

Tonight I think was the first time I've seen him utilize his speed for the Leafs. He looked sluggish in his earlier games, might be conditioning, but he was flying out there. Looked real solid.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:37 PM
RogerRoeper*

This thread is looking worse and worse...

And to be clear, I've predicted big things for Luke on the Flyers. But to judge a trade after 2 games is ridiculous. And Luke himself didn't look good after 2 games.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:37 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
Tonight I think was the first time I've seen him utilize his speed for the Leafs. He looked sluggish in his earlier games, might be conditioning, but he was flying out there. Looked real solid.
He did take a slapper off the foot in training camp getting badly bruised.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:38 PM
JVReemer

vCash: 610
As you can tell by username and avatar, I'm pretty excited by our new 1st/2nd line LW He's been unreal since game 3, and just echoing what my fellow leaf fans have said above me here; but he looked like a beast tonight!

I'm also very curious to see how Schenn is doing.. Even though he was god awful in his last couple of seasons here, he's always been a class act and I'm really rooting for him.

JVReemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:44 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:

We were just making room for Bobby Ryan in 2 years...

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:05 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Eh, while JVR would have been nice this season, don't know how we would be doing without our arguably 2nd best defender so far.

I think you do got to wait longer. JVR has done this since he has come into the league. 5 games of dominance, 15-20 normal to below (where he is invisible).

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote