HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The odds for the 14 non-playoff teams?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2013, 01:34 PM
  #1
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666
 
internetdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Capital O
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,142
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
The odds for the 14 non-playoff teams?

G'day.

Does anyone have the odds for the 14 non-playoff teams of winning the lottery under the new system?

Thanks!

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:19 PM
  #2
Margaret Trudeau*
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 204
vCash: 500
same odds as everyone else depending on how many tickets they buy and which lottery they play.

Margaret Trudeau* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:26 PM
  #3
H2O
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,769
vCash: 50
Same odds as any other year I think, only the limitation of moving up 4 spots is eliminated. Last year:

25.0% - Columbus Blue Jackets - 65 points
18.8% - Edmonton Oilers - 74 points
14.2% - Montreal Canadiens - 78 points
10.7% - New York Islanders - 79 points
8.1% - Toronto Maple Leafs - 80 points
6.2% - Anaheim Ducks - 80 points
4.7% - Minnesota Wild - 81 points
3.6% - Carolina Hurricanes - 82 points
2.7% - Winnipeg Jets - 84 points
2.1% - Tampa Bay Lightning - 84 points
1.5% - Washington Capitals (from Colorado) - 88 points
1.1% - Buffalo Sabres - 89 points
0.8% - Dallas Stars - 89 points
0.5% - Calgary Flames - 90 points

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2012-nhl-draft-lottery-odds/

H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:36 PM
  #4
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666
 
internetdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Capital O
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,142
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Trudeau View Post
same odds as everyone else depending on how many tickets they buy and which lottery they play.
Thanks SO much for your 'contribution' .

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:48 PM
  #5
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666
 
internetdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Capital O
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,142
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
Same odds as any other year I think, only the limitation of moving up 4 spots is eliminated. Last year:

25.0% - Columbus Blue Jackets - 65 points
18.8% - Edmonton Oilers - 74 points
14.2% - Montreal Canadiens - 78 points
10.7% - New York Islanders - 79 points
8.1% - Toronto Maple Leafs - 80 points
6.2% - Anaheim Ducks - 80 points
4.7% - Minnesota Wild - 81 points
3.6% - Carolina Hurricanes - 82 points
2.7% - Winnipeg Jets - 84 points
2.1% - Tampa Bay Lightning - 84 points
1.5% - Washington Capitals (from Colorado) - 88 points
1.1% - Buffalo Sabres - 89 points
0.8% - Dallas Stars - 89 points
0.5% - Calgary Flames - 90 points

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2012-nhl-draft-lottery-odds/
Ah, makes sense. Thanks.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:33 PM
  #6
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!
 
Fenix Rises 2026's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,010
vCash: 500
I was really hoping they were going to draw all 14 on TV. That would be so awesome,and would get rid of the tanking.

Fenix Rises 2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:45 PM
  #7
danishh
Registered User
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: YOW
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,238
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix Rises 2026 View Post
I was really hoping they were going to draw all 14 on TV. That would be so awesome,and would get rid of the tanking.
yeah.

even if the odds are the same, it still sucks that the order is essentially "inverse standings except for one lucky team".

There should be the possibility, however slim, that the worst team picks 14th and that the two 9 seeds both pick top-5.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:01 PM
  #8
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!
 
Fenix Rises 2026's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,010
vCash: 500
Under the new system, it will take an average of 200 years before the 14th place team doesn't pick 14th.

Fenix Rises 2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 08:47 AM
  #9
Caeldan
Moderator
Whippet Whisperer
 
Caeldan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,954
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix Rises 2026 View Post
I was really hoping they were going to draw all 14 on TV. That would be so awesome,and would get rid of the tanking.
I actually liked the 4 position move, but agreed that all spots should be drawn. Be good TV and still mitigate 'tanking' as it'd be easier to slip out more than one spot.

Caeldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.