HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This is a Bad Hockey Team: Part 2

Old
01-26-2013, 01:15 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
I think the best thing to do is to fire Sullivan and bring in someone who can actually get our PP to work. If your offense is gonna suck at even strength it better be good on the PP. We're good at neither. We score off lucky rebounds and outstanding individual efforts from Nash and Gaborik. I see zero effective picky cycling in the offensive zone, which is the backbone of what makes an offense effective IMO.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:40 PM
zelrio*

vCash: 500
This is still a bad hockey team.

zelrio* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:45 PM
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY

We'll climb back to the top of the table. Slow start due to cold legs and no time to develop cohesiveness.

ChipAyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:14 PM
Dactyl

we need dougie "orr" hamilton

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 01:42 AM
filth e mcnasti

Quote:
Originally Posted by blooblood View Post
we need dougie "orr" hamilton
Do the Rangers play Boston again on NBC? If so I need to rupture my ear drums with a spike so I don't have to listen to them ogle over him.

You'd think it was his son out there. Jeez, I've never heard some much brown nosing in 2-3 hours before in my life.

filth e mcnasti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:59 AM
Laista

Send a message via MSN to Laista Send a message via Skype™ to Laista
Work it wooork It

I have had my share of mocking on this Team but i smell workethics in the air this season. Conference final at least?

Laista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:12 AM
Machinehead
★★★★

DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:37 AM
Dactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by filth e mcnasti View Post
Do the Rangers play Boston again on NBC? If so I need to rupture my ear drums with a spike so I don't have to listen to them ogle over him.

You'd think it was his son out there. Jeez, I've never heard some much brown nosing in 2-3 hours before in my life.
its on msg thank god

Old
01-31-2013, 08:24 PM
noupf

to the top !!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahaha, this team sucks right now. No excuses at this point. First 3-4 games i chalked up to sloppy hockey b/c of the quick start after the lock out.......but man, they just dont look good.

Richards looks like hes old
Nash has yet to impress
Nobody else seems to know where the net is located.
Is it me or do we look like we have no capable playmakers?

noupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:27 PM
OverTheCap

This team is too top heavy now. When the 1st line doesn't score, no one else can. Our bottom 6 is probably worse than it was last year.

The way the roster is constructed, Hagelin, Kreider, and Stepan really have to contribute offensively for this team to be successful, and so far that hasn't happened.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:31 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfSeanAvery View Post
This is still a bad hockey team.
lol they lost 2 in a row, then won 3 of 4 now lost again.......although they just did hit two posts then the Pens got a lucky break with a guy out of the box

Callahans injury really hurts. BUT this is pretty close to the same roster as last season where they were first in the east

its not a race its how you finish.

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:39 PM
Rangerboy030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
lol they lost 2 in a row, then won 3 of 4 now lost again.......although they just did hit two posts then the Pens got a lucky break with a guy out of the box

Callahans injury really hurts. BUT this is pretty close to the same roster as last season where they were first in the east

its not a race its how you finish.
Hardly. Our forward corps is dramatically different; we have 4 new regulars (Nash, Halpern, Pyatt, Asham), a rookie who wasn't on the team in the regular season (Kreider) and an AHL trade aquisition fighting for a spot (Ferriero).

We lost 2 core players (Anisimov and Dubinsky) another heart and soul guy (Prust) and 2 bottom 6 guys (Mitchell and Feds)

That's a turn over of about 1/2 of our forward corps. This is a very different team.

Rangerboy030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:40 PM
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?

This team has no forward depth to speak of. Any more injuries could be the deathknell.

McDonaghisGod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:42 PM
SauceHappens

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
This team has no forward depth to speak of. Any more injuries could be the deathknell.
Yep, gonna be hard to win games with 2 4th lines and zero offensive skill outside of the big 3

SauceHappens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:43 PM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

This team just isn't going to make it over the long haul with Nash, Richards and Gaborik on the same line. Gotta split them up and hope one of them can click with Stepan, Hagelin, Kreider, Cally etc.

StaalWars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:43 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

This might have been started as a reverse jinx thread but right now this IS a bad hockey team.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:46 PM
Giacomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
This might have been started as a reverse jinx thread but right now this IS a bad hockey team.
They were tonight!

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:46 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Just really need to see this team play a game where they don't come out flat or I'm going to go nuts. Plenty of hockey left, but this team has been flat and tentative out of the gate and that's a big problem to me. Obviously, Sather needs to find some way to address the depth in the forward core because our offense is abysmal (although partially that has to do with our lack of intensity too). Need to decide if we're going all in or riding this season out and re-evaluating based on the end result (which may still be positive). If we're all in, we need to make some tough decisions about dealing picks/prospects to infuse some quality offense into the lineup at the expense of futures. Need more jump though. The team is so flat I don't even feel like I can assess the problems. They're not playing like it's a meaningful NHL game yet.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:53 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Imagine last years team, and remove Callahan, Dubinsky, Anisimov, and Prust. Add Nash.

Fancy team with no balls? What we saw tonight.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:56 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Imagine last years team, and remove Callahan, Dubinsky, Anisimov, and Prust. Add Nash.

Fancy team with no balls? What we saw tonight.
Fedetenko and Mitchell were contributors as well.

Asham was such a stupid signing. Ditto Rupp, it seems.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:57 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Just really need to see this team play a game where they don't come out flat or I'm going to go nuts. Plenty of hockey left, but this team has been flat and tentative out of the gate and that's a big problem to me. Obviously, Sather needs to find some way to address the depth in the forward core because our offense is abysmal (although partially that has to do with our lack of intensity too). Need to decide if we're going all in or riding this season out and re-evaluating based on the end result (which may still be positive). If we're all in, we need to make some tough decisions about dealing picks/prospects to infuse some quality offense into the lineup at the expense of futures. Need more jump though. The team is so flat I don't even feel like I can assess the problems. They're not playing like it's a meaningful NHL game yet.
And there's our post game crew "I don't think I've ever seen a Rangers team so lethargic". Bingo. Exactly what I said.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:06 PM
OverTheCap

Agree that the team looks lethargic. Yes, we lost a lot of gritty players. Yes, we were without Callahan tonight.

But that's no excuse as to why the players on the ice tonight, and for much of the season, have lacked intensity. Many of the players look disengaged. It's almost as if they mentally checked out and assumed the season would be cancelled and they are just going through the motions now.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:52 PM
Dactyl

fire torts and sully bring in keenan and leetch

Old
01-31-2013, 11:15 PM
CharlestownChiefsESC

Last year John Mitchell was the scapegoat, last year Dubinsky was trash, last year Fedotenko was old. But this year lets praise them as great players, because you know if they were still here they'd be getting crap nightly and these same fans would be wondering why they never tried to trade for Nash. Gimme a break

CharlestownChiefsESC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:36 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlestownChiefsESC View Post
Last year John Mitchell was the scapegoat, last year Dubinsky was trash, last year Fedotenko was old. But this year lets praise them as great players, because you know if they were still here they'd be getting crap nightly and these same fans would be wondering why they never tried to trade for Nash. Gimme a break
In this league, you need to ice a 4 line team and 3 competent defense pairings. Unless the rangers address those areas, they won't go far.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote