HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hire a PP "Consultant"

Old
01-31-2013, 08:51 PM
Maaxse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
Did you watch him play tonight? He was atrocious.
He wasn't great but I fail to see how Gaborik and Richards were better, or how Pyatt was more useful or how Staal couldn't have been better.

Maaxse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NCRanger

Forgot to add: Do the Rangers make Tomas Vokoun look like the best goaltender that ever lived, or am I just seeing things.

Every damn time he's in goal, the Rangers can't score, even if they get 50 shots.

I hate that guy.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Seriously though, what is the issue in bringing in another assistant coach whose sole job is to scout the next opponent's penalty kill, and implement it on the Rangers power play.

Okay, Torts doesn't like having too many coaches on the bench, that's fine, this guy doesn't need to be on the bench during any game. Stick his ass in the locker room in front of a ****ing television, and let him make some in game adjustments, something Torts is allergic too unless it comes to line shuffling.

This new coach/consultant can be on the ice at practice, work on the PP for 20 minutes extra every day. It's ****ing broken, and with the firepower and offensive power they have, there's no excuse.

Think about it, how many times a game do we see our PKers fatigued as **** because they've been on the ice too long during a PK? At least once a game. And how many times do we see the opposition PKers too tired because the Rangers have had puck possession AND MOVEMENT in the offensive zone? Never.

I don't like Tortorella, I never have. I'm not advocating firing him, or Sullivan for that matter. But for ****s sake, get over yourself, and bring someone in to help out.

Three power play goals all season? What a ****ing joke.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

vCash: 50
Tampa's going to **** us.

Torts is a good coach, especially for the Rangers of 2 years ago. THIS isn't the team for him though

Tanner Glass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Cmox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maaxse View Post
I don't understand the blame Stepan gets. I really don't.
I'm the last one to call out players but he was horrific tonight. Every time he got the puck he flubbed it or would be off and about and not involved. It's was blatant.

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:52 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
What else is Torts supposed to do? Stepan is black hole thats killing every line hes on right now. Putting Nash or Gaborik anywher near him is not a solution.
I agree, I just don't think stacking the top line is the solution either...

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:52 PM
Machinehead
54★ 74★ 90★ 14★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
the funny thing is Gaborik and Stepan worked well together last year on the Gas line for a while.
Yeah for about 3 weeks

"It's Mario Götze!" -Ian Darke
Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:53 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

vCash: 50
Whatever they do in practice needs to change. They need to spend some time to work on passing and shooting. NOTHING ELSE

Tanner Glass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:53 PM
Lundsanity30

who knows.. maybe its Pittsburgh. maybe we just **** the bed vs them all the ****ing time. We seemed to do OK the last 2 games. even the game we didn't score on Philly, we played alot damn better.

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:54 PM
OverTheCap

There were 3 obvious personnel flaws in this team last year that were not addressed.

1) Lack of scoring up and down the lineup (it's even worse this year now that we have less depth)

2) Slow and lumbering 4th line that gets outskated and outplayed by other team's 4th lines

3) No legitimate 6th defenseman (it's been over a year now)

While Torts definitely deserves some blame for things like the PP, the aforementioned problems should have been addressed by Slats.

Also, this team's success is also highly dependent on the continued development of our young players. If someone like Stepan is struggling, there is no one capable of stepping in and playing 2nd line center. We lost a lot of versatility with the departure of Anisimov, Dubi, and Feds.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Maaxse

Having 4 Too Many Men penalties in 7 games is amateurish. I hope it's not a symptom of a bigger problem.

Maaxse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
trilobyte

On average, this season, the forecheck does not remotely resemble last season's version.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
M0rbid

I'm hoping it has nothing to do with being afraid of the refs.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bouds

Some of you overvalue the talent on this team.

Torts overachieved with our group last year. We added one good piece and let the grinders walk. Nash, that was our solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
On average, this season, the forecheck does not remotely resemble last season's version.
Our forecheck left in the offseason. Those guys took the body, Rupp can barely ****ing skate, Boyle's pretty worthless without Prust going 100 miles an hour.

bouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
I'm the last one to call out players but he was horrific tonight. Every time he got the puck he flubbed it or would be off and about and not involved. It's was blatant.
Being homegrown is like a get out of jail free card for some people. Stepan was largely bad in the playoffs and he's been bad so far this season. Calling it like I see it.

McDonaghisGod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:55 PM
haveandare

hahaha looks like we're a loss or two away from another fire torts threads.

Torts coached the team last year. The team played the same system last year. Gaborik has scored goals like a monster since he came here. I'm sick of hearing about how torts and the system are ruining the team and how nobody can come here and score. Cheap excuses. The Pens have always given this team fits, and they played terrible tonight.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
Whatever they do in practice needs to change. They need to spend some time to work on passing and shooting. NOTHING ELSE
And how to make a proper line change.

M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouds View Post

Torts overachieved with our group last year. We added one good piece and let the grinders walk. Nash, that was our solution.
I'm starting to believe he caught lightning in a bottle last year until ECF.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouds View Post

This offense was just fine when they didnt do the dump and chase ******** against Boston and Toronto..

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:56 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Seriously though, what is the issue in bringing in another assistant coach whose sole job is to scout the next opponent's penalty kill, and implement it on the Rangers power play.

Okay, Torts doesn't like having too many coaches on the bench, that's fine, this guy doesn't need to be on the bench during any game. Stick his ass in the locker room in front of a ****ing television, and let him make some in game adjustments, something Torts is allergic too unless it comes to line shuffling.

This new coach/consultant can be on the ice at practice, work on the PP for 20 minutes extra every day. It's ****ing broken, and with the firepower and offensive power they have, there's no excuse.

Think about it, how many times a game do we see our PKers fatigued as **** because they've been on the ice too long during a PK? At least once a game. And how many times do we see the opposition PKers too tired because the Rangers have had puck possession AND MOVEMENT in the offensive zone? Never.

I don't like Tortorella, I never have. I'm not advocating firing him, or Sullivan for that matter. But for ****s sake, get over yourself, and bring someone in to help out.

His circle of trust is small.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cmox

Practicing keeping their head out of their ass.

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TrueBlue9

the only people who won here were the parents of a small child they were trying to get to sleep

TrueBlue9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
54★ 74★ 90★ 14★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Nashty View Post
I agree, I just don't think stacking the top line is the solution either...
Right now I dont think theres an alternative. 2 of the big 3 can work together, but the other one will be left alone and dragged down, and will be rendered useless. Look how invisible Gaborik was when he was the odd man out the first couple games.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Dactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rbid View Post
I'm hoping it has nothing to do with being afraid of the refs.
well when checking = interference who wouldnt be

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post

This is what we need. And while the PP coach would probably work well if he were on the bench too, it's OK if he's not.

We just need someone who knows how to run a damn power play in this league, because it's really excruciating to sit through. They take 50 seconds trying to get into the opponent's zone, they dump and chase, I've seen them ice it on the flower play. ****sburgh plays a very aggressive PK. In theory, that should mean that if they move the puck quickly and precisely, they will find open lanes and take advantage of them. Instead, they all take 5 hours to think about what they're doing next, nobody one-times anything, and it's easy for the PK'ers to clear and get off.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote