Old
01-31-2013, 09:07 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Please tell me this is a joke.

The last thing Boston needs are any of those players. Boston is the reason teams go out and get those guys. When they dress those useless schlubs they're that much easier to beat.

Thornton got hammered by Scott, but that's kinda what he's paid to do. He'll fight him again, and will again either win or lose (though I doubt there's anyway Thornton can contend with that reach). Far more concerning was the fact that Vanek was allowed free reign to steam roll the Bruins on the scoreboard.
This this this. Thornton shouldnt think of fighting him again tho. Nothing to do with fighting ability, Scott is huge and has much more of a reach. Chara is really the only one with that size to fight him. Awful game or not though, 5 minutes of chara in the box is exactly what buffalo would want out of that.

Old
bruins repeat time

I'm pretty sure the only reason Ruff put Scott out in the last seconds was because the Bruins put Macdermid out. Elum is 100 percent right with this comment and ruff took the time out to tell them dont start anything just respond if necessary. Im a huge bruin fan but you guys just go over the edge with everything. There is no answer for scott ---big deal. ive listened to clowns on here who say we had 4 guys who can beat him up. We have one Im not sure how he would do chara the rest its just a question of not getting killed. For the people who think orr can beat him half or most the time ---get a life it was one lucky shot the ribs. Go to hockey fights.com and watch every orr fight and scott---its not even close. All this said scott is a useless hockey player I dont want him on the bruins Im just telling it like it is. For the guys saying get mcgrattan mcintyre ----there not good enough players and there going to lose the fight as well. For anyone rippin on thornton --get real it must take such guts to take a fight you pretty well know your going to lose. Ya a lot of guys lose fights but thornton knew for weeks he was in this fight tonight. the same respect I give thornton i give to gaustad when he knew he was going to fight looch and probably get beat up. Rather than laugh and say he got beat up lets give theses guys credit.

Old
Fire Sweeney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Please tell me this is a joke.

The last thing Boston needs are any of those players. Boston is the reason teams go out and get those guys. When they dress those useless schlubs they're that much easier to beat.

Thornton got hammered by Scott, but that's kinda what he's paid to do. He'll fight him again, and will again either win or lose (though I doubt there's anyway Thornton can contend with that reach). Far more concerning was the fact that Vanek was allowed free reign to steam roll the Bruins on the scoreboard.
Not a surprise to me, Vanek's a good player. What's concerning is Paille getting elbowed by Scott and Hamilton by Stafford and the lack of reaction.

Old
Gee Wally
Global Moderator
Grumpier than ever

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
It's not even that (although it's true). It's more of the sheer fact that the guy is clearly a big part of the heart and soul and overall toughness of the team. He gets destroyed by a guy who has 55 lb and 6 inches on him, and out come the wolves to let the world know how much he sucks and how useless he is. Give it a rest.
It's because they don't know **** about glue guys. Guys that make a team a team and not a bunch of individuals.

To a man the Bruins will tell you Thornton is the room leader.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
01-31-2013, 09:09 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Not a surprise to me, Vanek's a good player. What's concerning is Paille getting elbowed by Scott and Hamilton by Stafford and the lack of reaction.
Meh. That was a classic Chara type "you're bigger than he is" penalty. I didn't think that was dirty.

Stafford was dirty as **** though. Again.. there's no way Shanaban doesn't Shanaban him for at least one Shanagame.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:10 PM
bruins repeat time

Just for the record theres no way bruins 4th line wouldve done anything anyways but ruff didnt know that

Old
Andrew83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Given the score at the time I'm not too worried about the lack of reaction. The next meeting will probably have more of a response if we are able to take a convincing lead.

Old
BruinsPortugal

just watched the fight i just laughed. That was a stupid fight to get in in the first place, it was exactly what they wanted. oh well **** happens, moving on..

Old
TCL40

Quote:
Kinda concerned about Bergy ... he did come back, but that doesn't have to mean anything.
I am worried too.

The team can deal with an injury to Thornton, but this team can't afford to lose Bergeron-especially with game every other day and then some for the next few weeks.

My hope is they had him avoid taking draws as a precaution, but this team needs him.

Old
Bizarro Bandwagoner

I was annoyed that Ruff called that timeout but after seeing who was on the ice, I don't blame him. Scott should be ignored from now on, no answer for him and Chara actually plays hockey so that's a horrible trade off.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:11 PM
bruinmann77

Yes the bruins did not retaliate at all tonight. But they did not ignore Scott he made his mark . Buffalo took cheap shots no payback. Of course our PP continues to be pathetic.

Old
SerenityRick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsPortugal View Post
just watched the fight i just laughed. That was a stupid fight to get in in the first place, it was exactly what they wanted. oh well **** happens, moving on..
Agreed. Thornton is usually perfect at picking his spots.. I have no idea what the hell he was doing there. Kudos for trying but damn.

Old
Andrew83

Shouldn't Stafford be suspended for a couple of games?

Old
01-31-2013, 09:12 PM
Fire Sweeney

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
Meh. That was a classic Chara type "you're bigger than he is" penalty. I didn't think that was dirty.

Stafford was dirty as **** though. Again.. there's no way Shanaban doesn't Shanaban him for at least one Shanagame.
Scott actually stopped skating to aim his elbow at Paille's head. As for the turncoat Shanahan, he can go DIAF. This has to be settled on the ice.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:12 PM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
Bingo.

We were about to run them out of the rink and Miller made a nice save. The entire thing turned there. If Lucic buries that it's 4-1 and Miller is wearing a cap.

I'm not concerned about the lack of "physical push back". John Scott got Sugar good but it all ended after that. The Sabres did not really "engage" physically.

Yes, the Stafford elbow was dirty but it came in the run of play, out of sight of everyone. Once someone points it out he will get his.

The Sabres won their Cup tonight. Vanek was awesome. Miller was awesome.

Our defense was AWFUL. Chara was dreadful. Ference was dreadful. Too many pinches.

I'm officially concerned ab out Tyler Seguin. Yes, he is getting chances but nothing is happening. He is taking the easy way out. Shooting one stride too early, trying to do it all on his own.

One game, first regulation loss. It's not like the Sabres ran us out of the rink physically. We played horrible defense and they had their best game of the year.

Go into Toronto, beat them soundly, back on track.
you just don't undertand. We're nothing if we're not icing a 4 minute goon as well.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:13 PM
SerenityRick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew83 View Post
Shouldn't Stafford be suspended for a couple of games?
I don't know if he has a history (I don't think he does?) But considering there was no call and Hamilton wasn't injured, he'll get no more than 1 in my opinion.

But he WILL and should be suspended. It would be a complete joke if it's not even going to get a review.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:13 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Agreed. Thornton is usually perfect at picking his spots.. I have no idea what the hell he was doing there. Kudos for trying but damn.
It had to happen. Scott was brought in largely because of the Bruins. Thornton and him have history without fighting yet. They were gonna go. Too bad Thornton couldn't grab hold of him like he did Boogaard back a few years. Thornton needs to fight really smart when fighting these monsters.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:14 PM
Paddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Chargers View Post
When will Lucic ever be able to skate with Vanek?

I was expecting no fights with Scott and said so on other threads.
Ray Ferraro tweeted something along the lines of, "If nobody fought him he wouldn't play." He's right. Scott is a goon in the truest sense and if nobody bothered with him, he would be out of a job. I give Thornton all the credit in the world for doing what he does game in and game out but if he doesn't drop the gloves the Sabres are the ones who are one forward short the whole game, not the Bruins.

Hindsight is 20/20. Lesson learned. Move on.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:14 PM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsPortugal View Post
watch thornton vs Boogard. Its not stupid, he lost.
it truly can be as simple as that lol

Old
01-31-2013, 09:15 PM
ssault
SW BROONS

Quote:
I don't know if he has a history (I don't think he does?) But considering there was no call and Hamilton wasn't injured, he'll get no more than 1 in my opinion.

But he WILL and should be suspended. It would be a complete joke if it's not even going to get a review.
Jaffe seemed certain it was going to be reviewed by the league. Not sure if he has an actual "in" for that information or if the contact with the head pretty much made it automatic

Old
TSBruins13

Bobby Robbins

Old
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Chargers View Post
When will Lucic ever be able to skate with Vanek?

I was expecting no fights with Scott and said so on other threads.
Question is: when will Lucic skate INTO Vanek? They only got Scott and the little puke Ott. The Bs are still way tougher as a whole than the Sabres, eventhough they didn't play like it. While Scott and Macdermit sit in the box, you beat the crap out of ott, stafford or who have you.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:17 PM
Schalkenullvier*

Was Thornton Really crapped on in the GDT? I saw people saying he got beaten up (as he did) but not that he got blamed for it. The majority gave him credit for taking one for the team.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:18 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Any news on Sugar?

Vanek must be wearing the red non contact jersey vs the Bruins because he does whatever he wants to us.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:19 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Anyone think that maybe Chara should have stepped up in the lockerroom and said Scott's mine instead of Sugar being the sacrificial lamb? It was just a gross size mismatch ....

Closed Thread