HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do we need a heavyweight enforcer...

View Poll Results: Should the Habs claim Darcy Hordichuk on waivers?
Yes 21 33.87%
No 41 66.13%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 07:15 PM
Mrb1p

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
That gif is Marchand telling Sedin that he is a *****.

That gif is Sedin admitting that he is a *****.

The Bruins had a definite psychological advantage over the Canucks.
Sedins, softest players in the nhl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
You know who else is a ****? Marchand. He's still crying about Jeff Skinner.
No one is on the Sedins level though

Old
01-31-2013, 07:24 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Come on, Kimota. The point was pretty obvious: you were trying to use Minnesota as an example, and I said that Minnesota's not a model for building a team. How was that lost on you?
Having a lot of guys to goto war with has helped them a lot in the highly competitive western conference. Doesn't mean they didn't have other flaws. Like drafting.

Watching the game between the Habs and Sens the other night, the Sens now that what's Team Toughness. Our players had trouble maintaining a good PK with all the drafic in front of the net while if one of our player approched slightly the net of Anderson, the Sens' D would take his head off.

Old
01-31-2013, 07:25 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
One of the Sedins got his finger cut off to recover from an injury quicker. I'm sorry, but that's more bad*** than some 6'6" goon punching someone half his size.

Old
01-31-2013, 07:29 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
How many fights were there in the Bruins march to the Stanley Cup?
The fights happened during the regular season but it served all year for character-building. And when the Bruins faced teams they were not intimidated by anybody while other teams feared them. I actually think if they would have beat the Habs easier if they would have been more physical. But in the first series they were too afraid to take penalties. Wich is an issue with Julien.

Old
01-31-2013, 07:34 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
The pacioretty hit... And then nobody stood up to chara.
That hit represents the whole Gainey/Goat era. Watching a falling comrade laying on the ice and doing nothing.

Old
01-31-2013, 07:38 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
That hit represents the whole Gainey/Goat era. Watching a falling comrade laying on the ice and doing nothing.
If only we had John Scott to hug Chara afterwards.

Old
01-31-2013, 07:48 PM
bud12

Quote:
or Scott destoying Thornton like he just did....

Old
01-31-2013, 08:27 PM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
If only we had ELB to cry about fighting in the NHL.

Scott just hammered Thornton. Put him out of the game, looked like a concussion to me.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:53 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Sedins, softest players in the nhl.

see, i don't like reading this. the sedins are not soft. kaberle is soft. the sedins take a lot of hits, they go into the corners and they take a lot of abuse. they never fight back though and would rather draw a penalty than standing up to someone. if you say the sedins are soft, then the same goes for diaz, weber, eller, markov.

seriously, that final against the bruins made them look really bad and now people only see marchand treating them like a ***** and not their overall body of work if you permit me the expression

Quote:
One of the Sedins got his finger cut off to recover from an injury quicker. I'm sorry, but that's more bad*** than some 6'6" goon punching someone half his size.
what he said

Old
01-31-2013, 09:54 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
John Scott destroyed Thornton. Not only won the fight but knocked Thornton out of the game. Hell, HockeyFights.com is so slow because of everyone going there to watch the fight and post smack talk.

What is lost on a lot of people was that the Sabres scored an empty netter to really close out the game with a 3 goal lead. Normally, that's when the Bruins bring out their tough boys and commence to ganging up and beating up non-fighters..........remember Pyatt, Hamrlik and Spacek.....

7 seconds left in the game and Lindy Ruff calls a timeout. John Scott steps out over the boards to finish the last 7 seconds.

The Bruins tucked their tails between their legs and skated off the ice.

You think they would let the Canadiens leave the ice with a 3 goal lead without a fight? If you are honest, you know the answer to that one.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:55 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
see, i don't like reading this. the sedins are not soft. kaberle is soft. the sedins take a lot of hits, they go into the corners and they take a lot of abuse. they never fight back though and would rather draw a penalty than standing up to someone. if you say the sedins are soft, then the same goes for diaz, weber, eller, markov.

seriously, that final against the bruins made them look really bad and now people only see marchand treating them like a ***** and not their overall body of work if you permit me the expression

what he said
Diaz, Weber and Eller are soft. Markov has too many injuries to be fighting.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:59 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
John Scott destroyed Thornton. Not only won the fight but knocked Thornton out of the game. Hell, HockeyFights.com is so slow because of everyone going there to watch the fight and post smack talk.

What is lost on a lot of people was that the Sabres scored an empty netter to really close out the game with a 3 goal lead. Normally, that's when the Bruins bring out their tough boys and commence to ganging up and beating up non-fighters..........remember Pyatt, Hamrlik and Spacek.....

7 seconds left in the game and Lindy Ruff calls a timeout. John Scott steps out over the boards to finish the last 7 seconds.

The Bruins tucked their tails between their legs and skated off the ice.

You think they would let the Canadiens leave the ice with a 3 goal lead without a fight? If you are honest, you know the answer to that one.
100% agree with what buffalo did. we're headed in the right direction. moen, white and prust. **** disturbers like subban and armstrong.

Habs have never been known for having goons who can't play. nilan, ferguson played regular shifts...

I'd like the Habs to draft a big tough winger this year with one of their seconds. a guy who can fight and score 15-20 goals.

tinrodi will help a whole lot - and I hope sooner rather than later. THere is no one else, outside of him and Schultz in the system. ok maybe Thrower.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:00 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
The fights happened during the regular season but it served all year for character-building. And when the Bruins faced teams they were not intimidated by anybody while other teams feared them. I actually think if they would have beat the Habs easier if they would have been more physical. But in the first series they were too afraid to take penalties. Wich is an issue with Julien.
as was previously said: more than one ways to skin a cat. more than one way to get character. all this focus on toughness ignores the fact that the kings are not considered tough in the same way as the bruins. going by some of the assumptions here, the hawks were soft. and same goes for the pens and the wings. these four teams have one thing in common, guess which?

Old
01-31-2013, 10:04 PM
Et le But

The Habs have had goons before - Brashear, Laraque, Staubatz, they just rarely last very long because they are well, useless. Shame Shultz seems to care about eating more than playing, thought he had 4th liner potential.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:06 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
as was previously said: more than one ways to skin a cat. more than one way to get character. all this focus on toughness ignores the fact that the kings are not considered tough in the same way as the bruins. going by some of the assumptions here, the hawks were soft. and same goes for the pens and the wings. these four teams have one thing in common, guess which?
And the Bruins have one as well.

Self-respect?

Old
01-31-2013, 10:09 PM
Et le But

Quote:
The point he was trying to make is that there's no one, set textbook way to make a team tough like you are trying to claim. So far no other team has been able to copy the Bruins hockey playing heavyweights, but plenty of other teams have been able to make noise without running away scared. It's not black and white, and if you think everyone who doesn't fight is soft I don't know what else I can say.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:11 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
The Habs have had goons before - Brashear, Laraque, Staubatz, they just rarely last very long because they are well, useless. Shame Shultz seems to care about eating more than playing, thought he had 4th liner potential.
Please stop using Laraque as an example of a useful player.

In Pittsburgh, he whipped a lot of ass regardless of who he was up against. In Montreal, he developed his "code".

Staubitz played a partial season for a coach who had lost the team a long time ago. I wish that we had Staubitz on this team this year.

Bring up Kordic and what he did during the Habs Stanley Cup win.

Old
googlymoogly

Quote:
The younger Brashear and Laraque were decent players. We got Laraque at to old of an age when he just wanted a paycheck. I'd take the younger BGL who played in Edmonton, he was fierce then. The best is if we can draft another guy that can at least be a good defensive player like knuckles Nilan was on a shut down line.

Old
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
The point he was trying to make is that there's no one, set textbook way to make a team tough like you are trying to claim. So far no other team has been able to copy the Bruins hockey playing heavyweights, but plenty of other teams have been able to make noise without running away scared. It's not black and white, and if you think everyone who doesn't fight is soft I don't know what else I can say.
Self respect?

Old
01-31-2013, 10:12 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:

Self-respect?
christ almighty...

read what i said again

ninja edit: et le but beat me to it

Old
01-31-2013, 10:13 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
christ almighty...

read what i said again

ninja edit: et le but beat me to it
We have tried for the past decade using the finesse and soft as hell method.

Didnt work, did it?

Old
01-31-2013, 10:14 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
The younger Brashear and Laraque were decent players. We got Laraque at to old of an age when he just wanted a paycheck. I'd take the younger BGL who played in Edmonton, he was fierce then. The best is if we can draft another guy that can at least be a good defensive player like knuckles Nilan was on a shut down line.
I'd have no problem with having the young Laraque, I remember he had an odd tendency of going on scoring streaks for a "goon" besides being a monster, shame the one we got was worthless.

I don't see the need to sign a John Scott though, he's awful...the only way it would make sense is to sign him for the Bulldogs to replace Stortini or something and bring him up for one game if everyone is that insecure about the Bruins.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:16 PM
Shaby23

Close this thread pls.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:18 PM
Et le But

Quote:

Didnt work, did it?
We also tried winning without Swedes. Didn't work, did it?

Meanwhile, the Red Wings and Blackhawks won the cup with Swedes.

I guess we need some Swedes then.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:20 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:

Didnt work, did it?
the ****?

i have never once said any of things you like to pretend i did. nice job propping up your overused strawman.

read what i said, again, if you still can't understand it, there's a GED out there with your name on it

Quote:
We also tried winning without Swedes. Didn't work, did it?

Meanwhile, the Red Wings and Blackhawks won the cup with Swedes.

I guess we need some Swedes then.
you are good at this

Closed Thread