HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hire a PP "Consultant"

Old
01-31-2013, 09:08 PM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
I'd take Prust at 3mil over anyone on our 4th + Rupp
you know what I miss him, I thought he was asking for too much, but I didn't want to see him go, I hoped he would have said i'll take a little less to stay here, but it didn't happen. Does Sather make a trade to get prust back or does he make a trade for someone like him or do nothing?

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:08 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

vCash: 500
Terrible doesn’t even begin to describe this one. I have not been this embarrassed to be a Ranger fan in a long time. Had nam flashbacks to 2003 tonight.

Where to begin? First and foremost – way to step up with Cally out team. Nice job. 0 forecheck. Soft up and down the ice. 0 aggression. 0 hustle. Legit scoring chances could be counted on one hand.

PP is a joke. The Rangers have got to be the only team in the league that can’t win a faceoff OR enter the zone on the ensuing rush AND when they finally do resort to chipping the puck aimlessly around the boards instead of working the points/half boards. Which ultimately leads to a turnover.

Add in a boatload of stupid mistakes. 4th too many men penalty thus far. ARE YOU KIDDING? Tons of other stupid penalties too.

Over-passing like they are in the GD All Star Game. Get the puck on net. Richards, Gabby, Nash, all invisible. That can’t happen.

I’m not on the ledge, there is time to right the ship, but I took one step in that direction. The season has started boys. Time to get your collective head out of your ass.

PS – Don’t even get me started on the absurdity that is the officiating when we play the Pens. Malkin tomahawk’s Staal in the head = matching minors. Sid and Girardi trade shots, Kunitz 3rd man in, Pens PP. Sid interferes with Hank by skating through the crease in the 2nd, trips Gabby with stick & skate in 3rd = no call. Absurd.

01-31-2013, 09:09 PM
NYRangers723

i like nash but we did lose a lot of depth and toughness

NYRangers723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:09 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Okay, edited, but why the hell would you come to HF the night of a game if you haven't watched the game yet?

Like the people who complain about spoilers in the Entertainment section when they venture into a thread when they know people will be talking about the episode that just aired.

I don't get it, but to each their own.
Many reasons. Mainly to read and follow the GDT as I progress through the game on delay to see what others thought about a play, call, etc.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:10 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

Someone fill me in on the slew foot. I saw Crosby take someone down, but didn't realize it was a slew foot

Tanner Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:10 PM
lbrowne

Hank the first one was on you but I apologize for what played in front of you after that.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:11 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I'm sorry but I just dont think Torts is the right guy for this team, and I didn't think so last year either. I don't believe its a talent problem. We have brought in how many guys the last few years and the same result, we can't score goals. Its not a personnel problem. its the stupid dump and chase ********. Then God forbid some young guy comes in or up and makes a mistake, he'll see the bench for the rest of the game. His circle of trust is very small. How can anyone feel they have the confidence of their coach? That's very bad.
When your top line gets shut down like the Pens seem to do against us, and the other 9 forwards are slapping the puck around like they were, it is talent. No second or third liner backed the Pens D up at the blueline with speed. No second or third liner caused the Pens d to chase the puck. None of them ever had the Pens on their heels. Its back to that hoping to see the Rangers complete two passes in a row thing again.

If they want to grind it out in the corners then fine. But the big wingers couldn't get to the damn puck. Ugly display of hockey tonight. Ugly.

If Slats is looking to make an upgrade I believe its a skill player on the wing.

And I love toughness, but Rupp is HORRIBLE. too slow to forecheck and not a great fighter. Useless. If he is going to stay on the third line then we are F***ed.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Vitto79

Rupp is proving to still be rather useless. He's an automatic buyout, they should try and deal him now, even if they have to take on another overpaid salary that they buy out instead next yr. Atleast get someone who can score. Anyone can play play energy minutes on the 4th line. I'm sure some AHL bodies can do that

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Maineice11

torts must be ripping them apart right now!!!

Old
01-31-2013, 09:12 PM
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I'm sorry but I just dont think Torts is the right guy for this team, and I didn't think so last year either. I don't believe its a talent problem. We have brought in how many guys the last few years and the same result, we can't score goals. Its not a personnel problem. its the stupid dump and chase ********. Then God forbid some young guy comes in or up and makes a mistake, he'll see the bench for the rest of the game. His circle of trust is very small. How can anyone feel they have the confidence of their coach? That's very bad.
I'm not advocating for Torts to be fired but, something needs to happen. he needs to allow the offense to open up more

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:12 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
When your top line gets shut down like the Pens seem to do against us, and the other 9 forwards are slapping the puck around like they were, it is talent. No second or third liner backed the Pens D up at the blueline with speed. No second or third liner caused the Pens d to chase the puck. None of them ever had the Pens on their heels. Its back to that hoping to see the Rangers complete two passes in a row thing again.

If they want to grind it out in the corners then fine. But the big wingers couldn't get to the damn puck. Ugly display of hockey tonight. Ugly.

If Slats is looking to make an upgrade I believe its a skill player on the wing.
Indeed. Torts is far from the problem. That said, they need a new PP coach.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:13 PM
trilobyte

This team, right now, needs to grow a set of big hairy balls

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:13 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Many reasons. Mainly to read and follow the GDT as I progress through the game on delay to see what others thought about a play, call, etc.
Fair enough, I'm not going to get into a thing with you here in the PGT. I'm sorry I ruined the score for you tonight.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:14 PM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

Bring up Haley and let him run around on the 4th line. He can't be any worse.

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:15 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Torts looks like a beaten man.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYRangers723

Lets be honest the Rangers are scared of pitt you can see it in their eyes everytime we play them.

NYRangers723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Fair enough, I'm not going to get into a thing with you here in the PGT. I'm sorry I ruined the score for you tonight.
No worries. Not a good one tonight for sure.

Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
I'm not advocating for Torts to be fired but, something needs to happen. he needs to allow the offense to open up more
They did in Boston and Toronto.. The results? 4 and 5 goals

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Maineice11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
Someone fill me in on the slew foot. I saw Crosby take someone down, but didn't realize it was a slew foot
it was a bit of both his stick first on the skate of gaborik, then dragged his skate behind his stick and gaborik fell down good....it was ugly and dirty and illegal...I don't have/know of a video yet, but that is how id describe it

Old
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

A few things...I'm not going to go on about this game, but rather the team in general

-Even though he got overpaid, this team misses Prust. Asham is a passable replacement, but he just doesn't quite have the fire Prust did when he played here.

-If the right deal comes along, for the first time ever, I'm open to trading Stepan. Dude looks absolutely lost 90% of the time. I'm really starting to worry about him.

-Lundqvist doesn't deserve his deflated GAA and save percentage as a result of the two Penguins games this season. Talk about being hung out to dry.

-The Nash, Richards, Gaborik line needs to be broken up. We're becoming the mid 2000's Ottawa Senators. The parallels are eerie. Great first line, crap forward depth, solid defense and goalie, but never quite good enough to win it all. Distribute the wealth. The Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik line worked so well last season, why hasn't it been tried once yet 7 games in?

-It would be nice if Kreider came back and played like he did in the playoffs last year in the absence of the captain. He would add a dangerous dimension to the 2nd line if he comes back healthy and actually decides to show up to play.

-Nash is a phenomonal talent, but god damn, he needs to learn how to use his teammates.

-Really liking Stralman's game lately. This defense would be absolutely deadly if we could pair him with Staal and put Del Zotto with Sauer if he was healthy. Hopefully McIlrath can step in next year and take Sauer's place and add that consistent snarl that Sauer gave us on the back end.

Time to get more rest, back at it on Saturday.

P.S. For the love of God, change up the strategy and crash the net on the power play.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:16 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Not looking forward to Saturday night.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lundsanity30

Hopefully its just the stupid Pens own us and we'll play much better on Saturday. ugh.

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
i like nash but we did lose a lot of depth and toughness
Anisimov and Dubinsky arent the solutoon either. More redundant 3rd liners. This team hasnt had a legit 2nd line since 1994.

DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:17 PM
lbrowne

Quote:
Originally Posted by TullyNYR View Post
Bring up Haley and let him run around on the 4th line. He can't be any worse.
I'm all about that - if the 4th line actually gets playing time.

To some saying Torts ain't the problem, I beg to differ to a degree. You have a season that started on short notice, some of your players (key ones at that) haven't been playing.

ROLL FOUR LINES.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:17 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Awful power play.

No effort tonight.

Rick Nash: 7 games, 1 goal.

Depth issues.

Rectify the issues. Its a short season. No time to mess around.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote