HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GAME #8 - Canucks vs. Blackhawks - 7:00 TSN - You're Not Worthy

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 07:02 PM
Tiranis

vCash: 500
The team is clearly more confident in front of Luongo.

Old
01-31-2013, 07:03 PM
Dado

vCash:
My god, we have come a long way...now we're *choosing* Luongo over the other goalie against of all teams *chicago*.

This is gonna be a fun 48 hours...

Old
01-31-2013, 07:05 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
My god, we have come a long way...now we're *choosing* Luongo over the other goalie against of all teams *chicago*.

Take a moment and imagine if he completely stonewalled them.

Could HF survive the madness?

Old
01-31-2013, 07:07 PM
Dado

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksfan View Post
This was why keeping Luo and Cory was a moronic move.
That said, AV is faced with a two goalie situation, and he is doing the right thing in choosing whichever one he feels gives him a better chance to win.

And, perhaps, this is his way of putting pressure on Gillis to get something done (that is complete speculation on my part).

Old
01-31-2013, 07:10 PM
CookieCrumbs*

I really don't want to see Kassian fight Bollig. It was scary enough seeing the kid fight Clowe. He's much to valuable to fight a guy like Bollig.

Old
01-31-2013, 07:16 PM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

Platoon Luongo/Schneider

Old
01-31-2013, 07:22 PM
Virtanen2Horvat
BoHorvat53

vCash: 589
Keith won't be touching the Sedins with Kassian around.

Old
01-31-2013, 07:33 PM
Orca Smash

So gillis confirms today on 1040 roberto asked for a trade, but were using him as our starter, I hope this all continues to go smoothly.

If we need roberto this season and want him to be our starter or share the crease, gillis I feel should stop discussing trading him right now.

Old
01-31-2013, 07:35 PM
opendoor

Quote:

It's not that odd. Luongo has dominated Chicago in the regular season with a 7-3-2 record and a .929 sv% over the last 4 seasons. He's been even better recently with a .942 sv% over the past couple of seasons.

Old
01-31-2013, 07:50 PM
Dado

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post
So gillis confirms today on 1040 roberto asked for a trade...
I missed this...is there a quote?

Old
01-31-2013, 07:58 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post
So gillis confirms today on 1040 roberto asked for a trade, but were using him as our starter, I hope this all continues to go smoothly.

If we need roberto this season and want him to be our starter or share the crease, gillis I feel should stop discussing trading him right now.
Did he say that specifically or were they inferring from generalizations? I cannot see Gillis admitting such when he knows that would tank any value Lu had.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:12 PM
Orca Smash

Well its all over team1040, you guys can listen, ill go try to find the exact time....

http://www.teamradio.ca/news/mike-gi...kesler-health/

scroll down to the bottom, while i try to find a time.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:18 PM
Auger

I hope we don't play like ass for the first 10 minutes like every game this season. I really like the Bolland-Sedin matchup with Kassian in. Also hope Toews gets smoked, that guy is such a prima donna, every time he opens his mouth you can tell that he's severely uneducated.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:18 PM
Orca Smash

I guess i should clarify when asked about exploring trade avenues for roberto this summer gillis said "roberto requested to have us look at options for him, and thats what we did"

Around 5:30

I thought this was all well known by now roberto was wanting out and not wanting to stay here long term? Of course the way things are going, i imagine this could all change.

He also discussed possibilities of trading schneider, although he phrased it that he would trade any player on our team.

Last edited by Orca Smash: 01-31-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old
01-31-2013, 08:23 PM
Dado

vCash:
Good enough for me - that's definitely a trade request - now we can finally put the last nail in the coffin of the (little remaining) speculation that Luongo didn't want out.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:37 PM
HiggsBroson

CHiggs took a few stitches in his wrist after Garrison's skate nicked him while he was hopping over the boards. He didnt say anything about not playing so I assume he's in.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:42 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames1084 View Post
CHiggs took a few stitches in his wrist after Garrison's skate nicked him while he was hopping over the boards. He didnt say anything about not playing so I assume he's in.
Damn hope he's alright. Give him our best wishes!

01-31-2013, 08:44 PM
luongo321

vCash: 50
So we've all talked about how the other canucks players will respond to keith, but how will the sedins respond? I think they will be as pissed off as ever and will go absolute globetrotters tomorrow night.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:56 PM
HankieDankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
So we've all talked about how the other canucks players will respond to keith, but how will the sedins respond? I think they will be as pissed off as ever and will go absolute globetrotters tomorrow night.
I'm so ashamed of this post.

Everyone knows Sedins are robots and do not feel.

Though I do like the sound of globetrotter mode.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:03 PM
luongo321

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankieDankie View Post
I'm so ashamed of this post.

Everyone knows Sedins are robots and do not feel.

Though I do like the sound of globetrotter mode.
They do not show much feel, but I will tell you one thing, they care immensely about each other. There is most definitely a fire burning there when they see each other being assaulted like that. I remember one of them talking about in an interview how if the other one is injured that the other still feels the pain. Must be all of that twin esp wizardry.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:11 PM
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations

Quote:
Good enough for me - that's definitely a trade request - now we can finally put the last nail in the coffin of the (little remaining) speculation that Luongo didn't want out.
Not to be a **** but "Roberto requested to have us look at options for him" could mean he stays and Cory goes as a option, and yes, every one knows he wants to be a starter. I dont think that can be argued against. Perhaps I should listen to the interview.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:12 PM
Proto

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Take a moment and imagine if he completely stonewalled them.

Could HF survive the madness?
He does pretty much every time, so it wouldn't be surprising...

Old
01-31-2013, 09:14 PM
Proto

vCash: 833
Quote:
Of course he wanted out after they benched him in Round 1. I'd question his desire to win if he didn't. I'm surprised he didn't the year before when they benched him for Schneider -- Roy would have.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:15 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
That said, AV is faced with a two goalie situation, and he is doing the right thing in choosing whichever one he feels gives him a better chance to win.

And, perhaps, this is his way of putting pressure on Gillis to get something done (that is complete speculation on my part).
One can always hold out hope for Ballard's continued decent play - which will likely attract another GM. Getting his cap hit off the books will give Gillis more flexability with respect to Luongo (eg., keep both goalies); particularly if we get a useful player (forward) for Ballard in return.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:18 PM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallPoppySyndrome View Post
Not to be a **** but "Roberto requested to have us look at options for him" could mean he stays and Cory goes as a option, and yes, every one knows he wants to be a starter. I dont think that can be argued against. Perhaps I should listen to the interview.
The writings on the wall of what happened over summer, I dont know why robertos fans cant accept it, he had every right to ask for a trade to, av does not slip up on a french station saying roberto asked for a trade by accident. No coach makes that mistake.

Roberto also told that same station (rds) a few weeks ago he does not see himself as a canuck long term. He even commented prior about stepping aside for cory.

With that said roberto fans can hold onto the fact that perhaps they can patch things up if thats how things go and gillis really wants him, then they will have a situation with cory.

And proto is correct. No starting goal tender is going to want to stick around when hes benched in critical games to a backup. People were saying right when it happened he has to ask for a trade after this happened, roberto has naturally did what he felt he should do during this entire situation. And as proto said I would be worried about robertos compete level if he was fine with what happened in the la series.

Last edited by Orca Smash: 01-31-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Closed Thread