HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Isles over Devs 5-4 (OT)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2013, 09:11 PM
  #1
Richer's Ghost
Moderator
GO SJ & CBJ
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 47,153
vCash: 44
Isles over Devs 5-4 (OT)

Vent...

__________________

We're all a bunch of sausage sticks walking around. None of us really wants to see how we were made.
Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:11 PM
  #2
hlaverty06
Registered User
 
hlaverty06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ all day
Country: United States
Posts: 7,270
vCash: 500
**** **** **** ****

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:12 PM
  #3
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23,455
vCash: 500
trollololol

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:12 PM
  #4
DevilsAnimal*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,684
vCash: 500
When we are in the division race, we are going to be so glad we picked up 9/12 points to start the season

DevilsAnimal* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:13 PM
  #5
hlaverty06
Registered User
 
hlaverty06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ all day
Country: United States
Posts: 7,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsAnimal View Post
3 stanley cups in a row?
So what? Thats like me saying someone like Vinny Lecavalier deserves his contracts cause once upon a time he had 100 points.

Gimme a break.

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:13 PM
  #6
Czech Trio
from jersey
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
In those blaming Kovy he has been solid. Hasnt been the dynamic Kovy we expect but he hasnt been terrible
1st shift of either the 2nd/3rd, Kovalchuk turned the puck over and the Islanders got a great scoring chance.

Kovalchuk has to be the dynamic player he can be. Tavares is for the Isles (3 points) Kovalchuk needs to be for NJ

Czech Trio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:14 PM
  #7
Bleedred
BEAT LA!
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 31,905
vCash: 500
People need to quit slagging Kovy. Who have he and Trav had on their line? Matteau is not an NHL player yet. Tedenby? GTFO! Josefson? Not a first liner. These players have no business on the first line.

Henrique back will bring some much needed stability that we haven't seen yet this season.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:15 PM
  #8
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23,455
vCash: 500
Get another forward please and thanks

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:16 PM
  #9
Czech Trio
from jersey
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
People need to quit slagging Kovy. Who have he and Trav had on their line? Matteau is not an NHL player yet. Tedenby? GTFO! Josefson? Not a first liner. These players have no business on the first line.

Henrique back will bring some much needed stability that we haven't seen yet this season.
I though Josfeson played really good tonight. He showed the puck possession/speed that is needed on the first line. Maybe not the finishing ability but everything else was there.

Kovalchuk also had a good amount of PP time

Czech Trio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:16 PM
  #10
Cheddabombs
Status Quo
 
Cheddabombs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,018
vCash: 500
There should be a mandatory special teams practice tomorrow. So far that's been our downfall, and it needs major improvement.

Cheddabombs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:16 PM
  #11
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks
 
åboriginal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LV-426
Country: Finland
Posts: 24,012
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
People need to quit slagging Kovy. Who have he and Trav had on their line? Matteau is not an NHL player yet. Tedenby? GTFO! Josefson? Not a first liner.

Henrique back will bring some much needed stability that we haven't seen yet this season.
kovy and zajac are enough to score a goal dude. the other person on that line is inconsequential. the bottom line is zajac is stepping up and making big plays, scoring goals, and kovy is having brainarts.

åboriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:17 PM
  #12
DevilsAnimal*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
So what? Thats like me saying someone like Vinny Lecavalier deserves his contracts cause once upon a time he had 100 points.

Gimme a break.
Then maybe you should limit your insults to the modern era

DevilsAnimal* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:19 PM
  #13
guitarguyvic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,342
vCash: 500
What is the average age of posters on this board? Looking at post game comments after a loss, the reactions are incredibly juvenile.

I thought we deserved to win as a team but a few individual mistakes cost us. I think Marty had a bit of a sloppy game too (weak challenge on that second Tavares goal and the last clearing attempt on the OT winner was bad).

That being said, I am super excited to have Larsson in the lineup and of course Henrique came up clutch yet again. If Lou manages to find a couple of forwards to fill out that third line, I see no reason why we are not serious contenders again this year. Hopefully the team doesn't make a liar out of me on this one.

guitarguyvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:19 PM
  #14
Bleedred
BEAT LA!
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 31,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by åboriginal View Post
kovy and zajac are enough to score a goal dude. the other person on that line is inconsequential. the bottom line is zajac is stepping up and making big plays, scoring goals, and kovy is having brainarts.
The other teams have had easier times neutralizing them. They need a competent winger. Let's see what he does or what he lacks with Henrique back.

Remember Kovy had 2 goals in his first 11 games last year before going on the shelf for 5 games, and scoring his first game back.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:19 PM
  #15
RNCDevil
Registered User
 
RNCDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,075
vCash: 500
Meh, I'm ok with this loss. 9 of 12 points and better overall performance.

If Henrique sticks on the top line, which is fine by me:

Adam1 - Zajac - Kovalxperiment
Elias - Josefson - Clarkson
Zubrus - Gio - Butler
Matteau - Carter - Bernier

Barch had a good possession stiff. HE was a fine goon today, but I don't think the Devils need a goon. If Matteau sticks, give him some 4th minutes

Matteau - Zubrus - Butler
CBGB would be fine by me too.

Josefson needs some players around him.

RNCDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:19 PM
  #16
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23,455
vCash: 500
quit winnin for mackinnon

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:19 PM
  #17
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
dont really have a problem with any one individually. No one has played poorly all 6 games. Some players have great games. Some have bad games. Were fine for now. Just gotta add a forward to the team.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:21 PM
  #18
dk3790
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
People need to quit slagging Kovy. Who have he and Trav had on their line? Matteau is not an NHL player yet. Tedenby? GTFO! Josefson? Not a first liner. These players have no business on the first line.

Henrique back will bring some much needed stability that we haven't seen yet this season.
You're acting like kovalchuk is some average joe who needs all-stars on his line to thrive. He didn't exactly have firepower in atlanta either. He hasn't been dynamic like we need him to, that's a fact. I think the problem is that he's relying more on his teammates than he usually does. Result of playing with tarasenko for awhile perhaps?

dk3790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:21 PM
  #19
guitarguyvic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddabombs View Post
There should be a mandatory special teams practice tomorrow. So far that's been our downfall, and it needs major improvement.
The biggest problem with the power play has been entering the zone, but overall I don't really think it has looked all that bad, especially considering it does have a significantly different look than in years past. The team is middle of the pack early on so far this season in terms of PP %. There is a tendency on our boards for posters to greatly exaggerate how bad the PP is.

EDIT: Devs PP % was middle of the pack for the season last year as well. Reading on here, you would think they were dead last.

guitarguyvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:21 PM
  #20
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man
 
Yashintangibles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: At The Bank
Country: Yugoslavia
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
If you look at the big picture this team has room for improvement. Henrique just came back, the big lack of forward depth is still there but Lou Lamoriello will fix it sooner or later, Kovalchuk has not been spectacular yet, etc, etc. And they haven't yet lost a game by more than 1 goal difference.

It's too early to be firing on all cylinders.

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:22 PM
  #21
hockeyr5
Registered User
 
hockeyr5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
Won't win too many games giving up 5 goals... Was happy to see us score 4 though and I never feel as bad losing in OT/SO when were the ones who tie it up.

hockeyr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:23 PM
  #22
Payce
#NotGregoryCampbell
 
Payce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 220
vCash: 500
Angry, disappointed, heartbroken, annoyed.

I'll be constructive tomorrow. Tonight I just wanna burn out the frustration.

Payce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:23 PM
  #23
Bleedred
BEAT LA!
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 31,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
You're acting like kovalchuk is some average joe who needs all-stars on his line to thrive. He didn't exactly have firepower in atlanta either. He hasn't been dynamic like we need him to, that's a fact. I think the problem is that he's relying more on his teammates than he usually does. Result of playing with tarasenko for awhile perhaps?
He doesn't need all stars. But you're kidding yourself if you think he can put up points all over while playing with players who more than half have no business in this league like Tedenby, and a guy who's played 5 games.

Even if you forget who he's been playing with. How many straight games has he had stable linemates?

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:24 PM
  #24
Fayne Staley
Salvador *******
 
Fayne Staley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Queens
Country: United States
Posts: 10,971
vCash: 500
kovy looks slow to me. i don't know if it's his khl form or whatever, but the speed seems off.

the next game is in the afternoon, right? oh boy

Fayne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:24 PM
  #25
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks
 
åboriginal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LV-426
Country: Finland
Posts: 24,012
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguyvic View Post
What is the average age of posters on this board? Looking at post game comments after a loss, the reactions are incredibly juvenile.

I thought we deserved to win as a team but a few individual mistakes cost us. I think Marty had a bit of a sloppy game too (weak challenge on that second Tavares goal and the last clearing attempt on the OT winner was bad).

That being said, I am super excited to have Larsson in the lineup and of course Henrique came up clutch yet again. If Lou manages to find a couple of forwards to fill out that third line, I see no reason why we are not serious contenders again this year. Hopefully the team doesn't make a liar out of me on this one.
people hve to vent. age is irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
The other teams have had easier times neutralizing them. They need a competent winger. Let's see what he does or what he lacks with Henrique back.

Remember Kovy had 2 goals in his first 11 games last year before going on the shelf for 5 games, and scoring his first game back.
still think him playing on the right is ****ing mental and limiting his play. i know hes streaky, but when the 4th line is scoring more than ur sniper, theres ish goin on. he deserves the flak hes getting because hes making little mistakes. hell clarky looks like parise out ther crashing and banging and creating things outta nothing. and kovy is in on auto pilot. but i know hell snap out of it. hes in one of his ****** streaky stretches. the roster dartboarding is a little annoying but that shouldnt be an excuse for an elite player like him.

åboriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.