HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Non-Ownership Thread: Who Cares Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 10:01 PM
drgregg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Lots of speculation that some backdoor deal broke this one apart. What that means who knows but Glendale messed up the first two, GWI last time, then the NHL this time. Balanced destruction.
It sounds like this Jamison deal was surrounded by intrigue from the start, I never understood it all myself but was willing to go along for the ride. I would love to know what the hell happenned this week though that made everything go so pear-shaped so quickly.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:40 PM
moosemeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgregg View Post
I feel like I have moved through the stages of grief fairly quickly over the past hour and have now settled on acceptance, at least for the rest of this year. I hope that the team does well for the remainder of the season, and I will continue to watch; just like I have for the last 30+ years.
Maybe this new interested buyer actually exists, I'll believe it when I see it, but I do know that I care less about the team and it's future right now than I did last night at this time.
Great post. And I wholeheartedly agree. I will not go out of my way to go to a live game, as I do not want to invest any more money for a team that may not be here come next September, but I sure as hell won't stop cheering from home for one last time.

We had one hell of a run. The past three years have been amazing. Memories I will never forget, and I'm hoping year four brings just as much excitement.

The boys on the ice may start to play bad due to this ownership saga, but I have met a lot of these players, and I want them to have fun and enjoy their time here as much as I have enjoyed seeing them here.

Lets win games, lets make the playoffs, and lets make this run our best yet.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:43 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

vCash: 1025
"@judefox10: I expect other groups will try to purchase this team in the weeks ahead and that includes investors that wish to keep the team in Arizona"

"@rocandmanuch: Expect an announcement after GJ statement from Joyce Clark regarding "possible" back door deal w past and new mayors w new group."

Old
01-31-2013, 10:45 PM
moosemeister

Quote:
"@judefox10: I expect other groups will try to purchase this team in the weeks ahead and that includes investors that wish to keep the team in Arizona"

"@rocandmanuch: Expect an announcement after GJ statement from Joyce Clark regarding "possible" back door deal w past and new mayors w new group."
In the weeks ahead.

This two weeks joke was funny for a while, but it has been the story of my life. lol

Old
01-31-2013, 10:48 PM
AndrewYotes

I don't get it, what do they mean by backdoor deal?

Somebody new came in with a better group than Jaminson?

Old
01-31-2013, 10:49 PM
drgregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemeister View Post
We had one hell of a run. The past three years have been amazing. Memories I will never forget, and I'm hoping year four brings just as much excitement.

The boys on the ice may start to play bad due to this ownership saga, but I have met a lot of these players, and I want them to have fun and enjoy their time here as much as I have enjoyed seeing them here.

Lets win games, lets make the playoffs, and lets make this run our best yet.
Absolutely, for the players and the fans I want this all to somehow work out in the end and very quickly.

I too fear a bit of a letdown on the ice following this latest blow, I am sure it would have been interesting to be a fly on the wall in the Doan household tonight.

I let myself get far to invested in this whole Jamison business, I spent far too much time reading twitter accounts and BOH daily. I got sucked in, and now that the Jamison chapter is likely closed I know I won't do that again. It is a consolation to know that all of that time I wasted I would not have used productively otherwise, I would have just wasted it differently.

Hopefully the players can continue to perform in spite of the mess and put together a good season. It starts this weekend.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:52 PM
drgregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewYotes View Post
I don't get it, what do they mean by backdoor deal?

Somebody new came in with a better group than Jaminson?
Apparently news about a new group(s) surfaced today. This group has apparently already been in conversation with the NHL about buying the team and Glendale about a lease. Discussion of the new lease may happen as soon as Tuesday's meeting.

What any of this actually means, how much is truth or rumour, who knows?

But this might explain Scrugg's complete turnaround on the Coyotes and her apparent disdain for Jamison, she preferred and was in contact with the mystery group? Ooh, the layers of intrigue....

Old
01-31-2013, 10:52 PM
seasontixholder

Quote:

We've heard that crap for years now. I'm thinking its over now. Remember the Balken in Atlanta? He didn't exist.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:54 PM
AndrewYotes

It's probably worse than that, its probably a group that wants to relocate the team.

Oh well. What is there to say at this point?

Old
01-31-2013, 10:56 PM
drgregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasontixholder View Post
We've heard that crap for years now. I'm thinking its over now.
No kidding, I guess they will keep crying wolf until the sheep (coyotes) are gone

Old
01-31-2013, 10:57 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 555
I'm pretty much at the point where if we still have a team, I'll watch but if they go, don't let the door hit you on the a** on the way out.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:58 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

At this point, there are plenty people involved in this mess I wouldn't be sad when they pass on. Call me a cold hearted ***** but it is well deserved on the clowns who got the franchise to this point. Only way I will change my mind is if the team stays in Phoenix and even then there could be some exceptions.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:05 PM
drgregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
At this point, there are plenty people involved in this mess I wouldn't be sad when they pass on. Call me a cold hearted ***** but it is well deserved on the clowns who got the franchise to this point. Only way I will change my mind is if the team stays in Phoenix and even then there could be some exceptions.
It really is stunning the sequence of events that has led us to this place. We used to joke in Winnipeg that the franchise was cursed in the NHL due to its origins in the WHA. The curse continues, this team was born under a bad sign from the time it arrived in Phoenix. From the AWA lease, to the Gretzky years, to this cluster with Jamison; the whole thing is just completely over the top.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:25 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Coyotes deal falls through; potential buyer Jamison misses deadline
http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...otes-deal.html
Quote:
City Councilman Gary Sherwood told The Republic that he understood Jamison and NHL officials discussed several options to assemble an ownership group during just the past two weeks.

During that time, a major new investor emerged, but the new investor demanded a controlling interest, which Jamison was reluctant to cede. Jamison instead tried to press on with a larger collection of smaller investors, but the group failed to jell before the city’s deadline.

Sherwood said Jamison and NHL officials kept in contact with City Attorney Craig Tindall during that period.

The councilman declined to identify the deep-pocketed investor, but said he expects the investor to move forward without Jamison in a separate attempt to buy the team.

“There is a suitor that’s been vetted through the National Hockey League, that’s been OK’d by the National Hockey League, that has money,” Sherwood said.
Quote:
Glendale Mayor Jerry Weiers said NHL commissioner Gary Bettman assured him that if Jamison’s efforts fell short, the NHL was dedicated to keeping the team in Glendale.

Weiers said the council is prepared to work with the NHL, Jamison or other potential buyers on a new arrangement for the arena.

However, the terms of any new deal will be different.

“If we can keep the Coyotes here and have a successful team and have people spending money, certainly I’d want that, but not with the deal that was made with the previous council,” Weiers said.
Quote:
Weiers said that he was contacted Wednesday night by representatives of two separate groups interested in buying the Coyotes and keeping the team in Glendale if Jamison fails to purchase the team.

The mayor declined to identify the two groups.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:31 PM
AndrewYotes

2 weeks

Old
01-31-2013, 11:33 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I've unearthed the two groups.

The Finkle Group and the Einhorne Group.

01-31-2013, 11:37 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

vCash: 1025
Jamison's statement

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/kt0j7l

Old
01-31-2013, 11:45 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Here is Greg Jamison's statement:

"We will not be able to complete our purchase of the Phoenix Coyotes today in time to meet our deadline with the city of Glendale. However, our journey to purchase the Coyotes will continue. We realize this will require additional conversations with the city of Glendale and the NHL. We still believe we can reach an agreement that satisfies everyone. We hope negotiations with the city proceed as smoothly as possible, as everyone involved wants the Coyotes to remain in Arizona.

"To the Arizona's sports and hockey fans, and the City of Glendale, we appreciate your patience and diligence. We wish everything was completed today as we worked extremely hard on the deal. However, we have taken significant steps to keep the Coyotes in Glendale for the long-term. I've seen first-hand the wonderful support Arizona hockey fans have provided the Coyotes and we will continue our efforts to keep the NHL in Arizona."
Everybody and their mother called this statement yesterday.

Keep the team with a significantly LESS favorable lease agreement? Can't find investors with 320mil in free money, but it will be so easy to find investors for zero dollars in free money? What sense does that make?

This is insulting.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:10 AM
O23L
Worst tank ever.

This will never end.

Ever.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:13 AM
drgregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Everybody and their mother called this statement yesterday.

Keep the team with a significantly LESS favorable lease agreement? Can't find investors with 320mil in free money, but it will be so easy to find investors for zero dollars in free money? What sense does that make?

This is insulting.
YUP

The big statement that I had been waiting hours to read or watch is a big turd sandwich. Insulting is the right word for it. What a joke, if those Sherwood quotes are correct, I am speechless. They worked extra hard for the past two weeks to assemble the ownership group, what? What have they been doing for the previous 20 months? I would expect a high school kid to cram like crazy right before the big test, but not an adult trying to make a deal worth hundreds of millions.

As a fanbase we are also supposed to swallow that there are mystery investors circling the team with deep pockets, I guess anything to sell tickets. Reading these to posts have just pissed me off all over again.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:14 AM
drgregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
This will never end.

Ever.
Oh it has ended but like a headless chicken it is going to run around for a while not knowing that it is dead.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:19 AM
OKCDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTippett View Post
Well...guess the Team is just going to have to win the Cup this year. They won't move the team then, or they go out on top...like George Costanza

Old
02-01-2013, 12:24 AM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.
by Abe Lincoin

Old
02-01-2013, 12:29 AM
CC96
Serious Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgregg View Post
I feel like I have moved through the stages of grief fairly quickly over the past hour and have now settled on acceptance, at least for the rest of this year. I hope that the team does well for the remainder of the season, and I will continue to watch; just like I have for the last 30+ years.
Maybe this new interested buyer actually exists, I'll believe it when I see it, but I do know that I care less about the team and it's future right now than I did last night at this time.
Fortunately for you other Coyotes fans in Winnipeg, I imagine you would be understandably be less upset about the team leaving AZ, since you live thousands of miles away. Additionally now that there is Jets 2.0 you can root for the Quebec/Seattle Whatevers, whenever they come to town. But for those of us in AZ the relocation will be very upsetting, because we will have no nhl hockey to watch live. But I'm sure you already understand how upsetting it will be for us to lose them as I am sure you were very upset when the Jets originally came to Phoenix.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:37 AM
drgregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Coyote 96 View Post
Fortunately for you other Coyotes fans in Winnipeg, I imagine you would be understandably be less upset about the team leaving AZ, since you live thousands of miles away. Additionally now that there is Jets 2.0 you can root for the Quebec/Seattle Whatevers, whenever they come to town. But for those of us in AZ the relocation will be very upsetting, because we will have no nhl hockey to watch live. But I'm sure you already understand how upsetting it will be for us to lose them as I am sure you were very upset when the Jets originally came to Phoenix.
I am sure that you are upset about the news tonight, but you are making many assumptions here about me and I have to assure you that they are nearly all wrong.

I was very upset when the team left Winnipeg, but I never held it against AZ. I followed the team on the then-new internet closer then I actually did when they were the Jets. I have lurked this site since its inception and finally joined during the playoff run last year, so I could to talk to fellow Yotes fans.

Feel free to check my posts all over this site tonight to see my level of upset about the events of the day. If you need to vent after today's bad news, join the club; but point it somewhere else captain

Closed Thread