HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Hire a PP "Consultant"

Old
01-31-2013, 09:30 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I agree with that premise, but we dont have a 2nd line. Nash will rot with Stepan and Callahan.
It should be Stepan and Kreider if he performs to expectations. That's a big if. Kreider is a finisher, just can't create on his own. With two play makers he should thrive.

3rd line of Miller, Hagelin, and Pyatt would be great also. Another big if with Miller adjusting to NHL though.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:31 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

vCash: 50
I hope we suck for a bit longer, so actual changes are made

Tanner Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lundsanity30

vCash: 500
the problem is Torts still thinks this team has the same identity of last year, we dont.. the system has to be changed to fit this team and the better offense we have (compared to last year) now.

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by blooblood View Post
no malkin tomahawk thread on the main board im disappointed
Just so used to this dirty Penguins **** that everyone is immune to it and just expects it to happen.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:32 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Your best players have to pick up the slack.

You can't play 3 "first liners" on the top line and 3 "second liners" on the next line in a capped league.

Who the **** were Crosby and Malkin playing with tonight? Ok James Neal, is he a "first liner"? I'm not saying we have anyone on their level but your best players need to pick up the slack.

01-31-2013, 09:32 PM
Maaxse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
I hope we get better, so that you know... we win games.

Maaxse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:33 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
just like he rotted in Columbus with linemates much worse than either of them?

Pretty much. I dont want Nash in that situation here.

DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:34 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Please no Stepan-Callahan ever again. please.

Let's try
Nash-Richards-Callahan
Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik
Hagelin-Boyle-Pyatt
Ferry-O-Halpern-Asham/Rupp
When every one is healthy.

Reasoning: first off, it separates the scoring. All three lines with some speed and skill.
1st line-Richards and Nash do the pretty stuff, Callahan bangs in the rebounds.
2nd line- Stepan has chemistry with both of those wingers. Two speedy wingers to make up for Stepan's skating deficiencies.
3rd line- looks like it can forecheck well. Pyatt and Hags offset Boyle's skating deficiencies.
4th line- Ferry-O with the speed and tenacity. Halpern is just what he is-a fourth line center. Rupp/Asham are really insignificant.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:34 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Pretty much. I dont want Nash in that situation here.
Callahan and Stepan are not horrible players. Stepan is honestly off to a damn awful start I will admit that. I think both would thrive with someone like Nash making plays.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:36 PM
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post

Let's try
Nash-Richards-Callahan
Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik
Hagelin-Boyle-Pyatt

Reasoning: first off, it separates the scoring. All three lines with some speed and skill.
2nd line- Stepan has chemistry with both of those wingers. Two speedy wingers to make up for Stepan's skating deficiencies.
3rd line- looks like it can forecheck well. Pyatt and Hags offset Boyle's skating deficiencies.
4th line- Ferry-O with the speed and tenacity. Halpern is just what he is-a fourth line center. Rupp/Asham are really insignificant.
Looks good to me.

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:37 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post

Let's try
Nash-Richards-Callahan
Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik
Hagelin-Boyle-Pyatt

Honestly, this sounds good too, but still have 2 playmakers (Richards/Nash) on the same line.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:37 PM
Graves94

Funny, but when I watch the Rangers play this year, I don't get the sensation I got last year, and not just because we 're losing more than we're winning. We lost many home grown guys who cared, and replaced them with "journey men", besides Nash. At least Dubinsky was skating and hustling, even though he wasn't scoring much, especially last year. I just sense that this team is not as tight, and it reflects on the ice.

Everyone has pointed to the problems (too many penalties, no secondary scoring, lack of speed, etc), but the main problem is the PP, which has been pathethic for the past 20 years. It's a complete farce, and this will continue to bring this team down, and not at the same level as the other elite teams in the East/league.

Also, I really like Nash and his skill, blah, blah, blah, but the dude has got to score once in a while and stop hitting the goalie's logo. I'm starting to think he's testing the goalies equipment.

Finally, what really annoys me when we play the Pens, is the obvious biased officiating we have to endure. It's ridiculous! Crosby will NEVER get penalized for anything he does against us, it's just crazy.

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:38 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
Funny, but when I watch the Rangers play this year, I don't get the sensation I got last year, and not just because we 're losing more than we're winning. We lost many home grown guys who cared, and replaced them with "journey men", besides Nash. At least Dubinsky was skating and hustling, even though he wasn't scoring much, especially last year. I just sense that this team is not as tight, and it reflects on the ice.

Everyone has pointed to the problems (too many penalties, no secondary scoring, lack of speed, etc), but the main problem is the PP, which has been pathethic for the past 20 years. It's a complete farce, and this will continue to bring this team down, and not at the same level as the other elite teams in the East/league.

Also, I really like Nash and his skill, blah, blah, blah, but the dude has got to score once in a while and stop hitting the goalie's logo. I'm starting to think he's testing the goalies equipment.

Finally, what really annoys me when we play the Pens, is the obvious biased officiating we have to endure. It's ridiculous! Crosby will NEVER get penalized for anything he does against us, it's just crazy.
Pyatt is playing alot like Dubinsky did.. I think Pyatt has done a good job so far taking over for Dubinsky.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:41 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post

Last year's Rangers team was greater than the sum of their parts, and this years team so far is just kinda.... mehhh. They need to play a lot harder and get their heads in the game if they want to succeed.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:41 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Honestly, this sounds good too, but still have 2 playmakers (Richards/Nash) on the same line.
Wouldn't call Nash a playmaker. He likes to shoot the puck, which is honestly what we've lacked for years-a guy that gets the puck to the net. He can do both-pass and shoot, very well.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:44 PM
lbrowne

Quote:
Pyatt is playing alot like Dubinsky did.. I think Pyatt has done a good job so far taking over for Dubinsky.
He has scored more goals out of the gate, but I really don't think so.

Burn me at the stake for saying I'd rather have Dubi working the corners and down low instead of Pyatt. And I like Pyatt.

So far, I'm not seeing that team-chemistry and I hope we do soon.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:45 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Game was lost on the Power Play. end of story.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:46 PM
lbrowne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
In so many other places than that in this game bud, so many places.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:46 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
or penalties...

Old
01-31-2013, 09:47 PM
Graves94

Quote:
It always is!

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:54 PM
ReggieDunlop68
Hey Hanrahan!

I am completely at a loss in regard to what this team needs to do to win.

On a side note, I know I will start a flame war for saying this, but here it goes.

We should have traded for Nash last season. You need to strike when the iron is hot, and I think Nash would have put us over the top last year if he was acquired. It may have taken losing Krieder, but there aren't dynasties anymore, so you have to roll out big time when you have the chance.

ReggieDunlop68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:54 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
No need to hope. It's a 5-1 loss Saturday.

01-31-2013, 09:57 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strauss View Post
I am completely at a loss in regard to what this team needs to do to win.

On a side note, I know I will start a flame war for saying this, but here it goes.

We should have traded for Nash last season. You need to strike when the iron is hot, and I think Nash would have put us over the top last year if he was acquired. It may have taken losing Krieder, but there aren't dynasties anymore, so you have to roll out big time when you have the chance.
Yup.. though I believe it would have taken Mcd as well, and that would have been counterproductive.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:58 PM
Dangleberry

I jinxed it by attending the game. Sorry guys

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:58 PM
McDunna with Fries

Still not gonna panic yet. Things could have easily gone the other way on so many plays. Lots of poor luck. Really frustrating games when Crosby gets the type of treatment he gets, though. First hooking Gaborik and then slew-footing Nash.

McDunna with Fries is offline   Reply With Quote