HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo-Dallas

Old
01-31-2013, 08:53 PM
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14

vCash: 500
Buffalo-Dallas

Morrow for Leopold.
I heard _allas needs D, and we can afford to give up Leo.
Our wing depth isn't terrific, and I know its cliche, but maybe Morrow could use a change of scenery.
Talk about it.

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:59 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
With the way Dallas fans have been shopping Morrow lately, I'd think it would be a yes.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:15 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
Absolutely.

MetalGodAOD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:19 PM
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14

Good. Now what?

Old
01-31-2013, 09:22 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

I'd do it. Allow us to keep Hecht as a 4th line center.

Vanek-Hodgson-Pominville
Ott-Ennis-Stafford
Foligno-Grigorenko-Morrow
Gerbe-Hecht-Ellis/Scott

Then when Leino (and Kaleta) come back, there's gonna be a numbers game, but it can be figured out then. I don't really like losing the D depth, but having Pardy and no re-entry waivers is a nice insurance at that point. Then again, Leopold isn't really providing any depth with his ****** play lately.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:27 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Absolutely.

Great deal for the Stars, sets up Brenden with his good pal Otter again and gets him the hell off my favourite team.

Oh, wait, and we even get a d-man out of the deal too? Bonus!

01-31-2013, 09:28 PM
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
I'd do it. Allow us to keep Hecht as a 4th line center.

Vanek-Hodgson-Pominville
Ott-Ennis-Stafford
Foligno-Grigorenko-Morrow
Gerbe-Hecht-Ellis/Scott

Then when Leino (and Kaleta) come back, there's gonna be a numbers game, but it can be figured out then. I don't really like losing the D depth, but having Pardy and no re-entry waivers is a nice insurance at that point. Then again, Leopold isn't really providing any depth with his ****** play lately.
That is a sick third line. We could also switch Ott and Foligno and let the former teammates play together with Grigs.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:30 PM
Cristiano Ronaldo
Ballon d'Or 2013

I really like this trade.

Cristiano Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:34 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Is Morrow that despised right now? Leopold couldn't be worse at the moment.

stokes84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:35 PM
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Is Morrow that despised right now? Leopold couldn't be worse at the moment.
Both of them are, thats the point, shake things up.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:37 PM
Rune Forumwalker

Where do we sign to get this done?

Rune Forumwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:37 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Are Stars fans aware of how bad Leo has been thus far????

JOHNBOY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:40 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
Are Sabres fans aware that Morrow is playing on our 4th line and looks out of place there?

MetalGodAOD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:40 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Morrow's been just as poor. That's what make it fair.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:41 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Are Sabres' fans aware of how bad Morrow has been for the past two years?

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:13 PM
BigG44

vCash: 475
I don't see Dallas doing this trade. Trading Morrow, even though I personally feel it should be done for the best of the team, would represent a full rebuild from GM Joe Nieuwendyk.

It's not realistic for a rebuilding team to trade one UFA for another UFA. He'll be looking for future assets like picks, prospects, or young players.

I wouldn't get excited about Dallas fans agreeing with a Morrow proposal. I include myself in this group, but most just want to see Morrow gone so they'll say yes to anything.

Seriously considering this though from what we know about Joe Nieuwendyk, this just doesn't make a ton of sense.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:52 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I don't see Dallas doing this trade. Trading Morrow, even though I personally feel it should be done for the best of the team, would represent a full rebuild from GM Joe Nieuwendyk.

It's not realistic for a rebuilding team to trade one UFA for another UFA. He'll be looking for future assets like picks, prospects, or young players.

I wouldn't get excited about Dallas fans agreeing with a Morrow proposal. I include myself in this group, but most just want to see Morrow gone so they'll say yes to anything.

Seriously considering this though from what we know about Joe Nieuwendyk, this just doesn't make a ton of sense.
While I agree most "rentals" fetch that kind of a return at the trade deadline, which is more than likely when Morrow will be moved if he is, I can't imagine him returning any significant futures unless his play drastically improves and his value thus increases. If the trade deadline was today and the Stars wanted to shop Morrow, I'm sure they'd find a taker but the return would be minimal. I'd expect an alright prospect or a third or fourth at MOST for him right now; I think the third is a stretch honestly. His value is at an all-time low. If we were talking about this a few years ago, you'd have teams lining up to trade a first or second and a prospect for the guy, but he's nowhere near what he used to be unfortunately.

I think this proposal does help both teams. I don't see Dallas panicking to rebuild two weeks into the season, even if it's a shortened one. Same goes for Buffalo. Both teams are what, a win out of eighth? It's far too tight to declare any team out and judging by what Dallas did in the offseason, a rebuild in the near future is not in their plans; they intend to make the playoffs this season. Also, how does trading Morrow signal a rebuild? He's been one of the worst players on the team for about two years now and besides being the captain, holds little value in the success of the Stars. If Dallas can get some value for him and improve their team to make a playoff run this year, why hold onto him when odds are you don't get a significant return at the deadline assuming you're out of it and he continues to play poorly and that he won't be re-signed anyway. I'd assume making a trade to try to get someone to come in and help the team now would be a smart move. Again, I don't see Dallas rebuilding now.

Leopold has been equally as terrible as Morrow really. He and Myers have safely been our worst two defensemen this year so far. But both teams could use a small shake-up and this proposal addresses a need for both sides. I'd do it but although I'd love Morrow to come in here and be a huge difference-maker, I've grown to accept that he's not the player he used to be and that happening could be a big stretch. Regardless, I'd take him. If he gets some of his game back he'd make us better. Leopold has shown he can play way better than he has too. Both teams would make a small tweak and hope it helps them. If not, both players walk July 1st.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:07 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
While I agree most "rentals" fetch that kind of a return at the trade deadline, which is more than likely when Morrow will be moved if he is, I can't imagine him returning any significant futures unless his play drastically improves and his value thus increases. If the trade deadline was today and the Stars wanted to shop Morrow, I'm sure they'd find a taker but the return would be minimal. I'd expect an alright prospect or a third or fourth at MOST for him right now; I think the third is a stretch honestly. His value is at an all-time low. If we were talking about this a few years ago, you'd have teams lining up to trade a first or second and a prospect for the guy, but he's nowhere near what he used to be unfortunately.

I think this proposal does help both teams. I don't see Dallas panicking to rebuild two weeks into the season, even if it's a shortened one. Same goes for Buffalo. Both teams are what, a win out of eighth? It's far too tight to declare any team out and judging by what Dallas did in the offseason, a rebuild in the near future is not in their plans; they intend to make the playoffs this season. Also, how does trading Morrow signal a rebuild? He's been one of the worst players on the team for about two years now and besides being the captain, holds little value in the success of the Stars. If Dallas can get some value for him and improve their team to make a playoff run this year, why hold onto him when odds are you don't get a significant return at the deadline assuming you're out of it and he continues to play poorly and that he won't be re-signed anyway. I'd assume making a trade to try to get someone to come in and help the team now would be a smart move. Again, I don't see Dallas rebuilding now.

Leopold has been equally as terrible as Morrow really. He and Myers have safely been our worst two defensemen this year so far. But both teams could use a small shake-up and this proposal addresses a need for both sides. I'd do it but although I'd love Morrow to come in here and be a huge difference-maker, I've grown to accept that he's not the player he used to be and that happening could be a big stretch. Regardless, I'd take him. If he gets some of his game back he'd make us better. Leopold has shown he can play way better than he has too. Both teams would make a small tweak and hope it helps them. If not, both players walk July 1st.
We'll take Myers too if you want Ryder as well. We kind of have a thing for terrible defensemen.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:50 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

I'd gladly do this.I would even add a 3rd on Buffalo's side.Morrow would provide excellent physicality and leadership on the 3rd line.

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:07 AM
McTank

Alright so we got a deal... Who's making the trade call?

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:14 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
As much as I want Morrow gone we don't need another body on defense. Stars fans are generally unhappy with how little time our young guys are getting. I don't really want Buffalo's problem D-man to just add another hurdle for our young guys.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:20 AM
Djp

It looks like Morrow's contract is done after this year. their Salaries arent that much different so it wont threaten the cap.

I would do this trade.

i may want to do a 2 for 2 trade where what Buffalo gets back is a minor league player or a draft pick to eliviate their roster issue.

They need to move someone (Possibly McCormick). Ellis can be sent down to AHL and clear waivers.

McCormick and Leino are both on IR so they need to move to players off the roster...either those two or 2 of the other 23.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:21 AM
BinCookin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
Morrow for Leopold.
I heard _allas needs D, and we can afford to give up Leo.
Our wing depth isn't terrific, and I know its cliche, but maybe Morrow could use a change of scenery.
Talk about it.
Best proposal I have seen on HF boards yet. Thoughtful and plausible.

Most fans would just agree to dump their player, and gamble on another player getting better.

BinCookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:28 AM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

No take backsies etc.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 06:45 AM
HiddenInLight

I would feel bad inflicting Jordan on the ice and a direct cause of all 4 Boston Goals last night Leopold on somebody else, but if they want him id do the deal.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote