HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes Lounge IV

View Poll Results: Should I try to get into show business?
Yes but have a day job or back up in the meantime 5 55.56%
Yes, go all in 1 11.11%
No 3 33.33%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2013, 10:56 AM
Rutkowski

vCash: 500
What the hell does the second amendment have to do with anything? I don't see any mention of a milita in that oath.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:03 AM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post
What the hell does the second amendment have to do with anything? I don't see any mention of a milita in that oath.
Calm down big fella! Just speaking in general here.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:06 AM
doaner

On a lighter note, has anyone seen the show Catfish? It is a crazy addictive show from MTV.

Last edited by doaner: 01-27-2013 at 11:07 AM. Reason: More
Old
01-27-2013, 11:33 AM
SweYote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I personally will always support the separation of church and state
Sums it up. Government is force by definition and religion is not something that should be forced on anyone.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:36 PM
Rutkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweYote View Post
Sums it up. Government is force by definition and religion is not something that should be forced on anyone.
Word. Forcing religion on people is theocratic tyranny. I'm a christian but you won't ever see me supporting my children being indoctrinated into any religion in school or otherwise. They are human beings and should be allowed to make their own choices about beliefs.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:05 PM
CC96
Serious Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
On a lighter note, has anyone seen the show Catfish? It is a crazy addictive show from MTV.
No I haven't yet, is it any good? Mtv has been in desperate need of some decent programming instead of shows with a demographic of 12-14 year old girls, since they put Beavis and Butthead on hiatus a few months back.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:15 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Coyote 96 View Post
No I haven't yet, is it any good? Mtv has been in desperate need of some decent programming instead of shows with a demographic of 12-14 year old girls, since they put Beavis and Butthead on hiatus a few months back.
It's addictive. We have Hulu, so we watch it there. Premise is about ppl dating online for X amount of time and never meet. Nev helps them investigate the person and from the first 6 shows I have seen, they are never the person claiming to be.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:17 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Coyote 96 View Post
Do they still show music videos? MTV shows movies now for crying out loud.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:51 PM
pacerhimself

Has anyone else been having problems with watching NHL Network in HD on Cox Cable? It used to be on 1160, but they changed it to 1310, and now I can't even see that channel on my listing.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:58 PM
CC96
Serious Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
It's addictive. We have Hulu, so we watch it there. Premise is about ppl dating online for X amount of time and never meet. Nev helps them investigate the person and from the first 6 shows I have seen, they are never the person claiming to be.
that sounds interesting, I'll check it out for sure, is it supposed to be comedic? or is it more serious and dramatic?

Old
01-27-2013, 03:03 PM
CC96
Serious Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Do they still show music videos? MTV shows movies now for crying out loud.
They would show them occasionally up until about 3 or 4 years ago, when they brought in more reality shows like 16 and Pregnant and Teen Mom 1 through 27, since they changed their demographic around that time from marketing towards older teenagers and Gen Xers to marketing towards younger teenage girls. Of course I'm sure there are still a few decent shows that aren't made for girls but I haven't watvhed Mtv in a few years so I can't exactly say which ones are any good.

Old
01-27-2013, 03:29 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Can't say I am suprised by how downhill the recent chat went, especially when it has now resorted to baseless rhetoric and buzzterms like "Seperation of Church and State".

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
KEEP POLITICS AND RELIGION out of schools. They have no place there.
This is not an accurate statement here, especially when you say "out of schools". The truth is both politics and religion are both allowed inside of the public and private instuations BUT it's the use of taxpayer money or no use of taxpayer money that is the key to what can and can't be done inside of an educational institution.

When it comes to a Private School where no tax dollars are directly funded, the owners of the school have the majority of the rights over those who work and/or study at the school. The owners have the right to be in favor of anyone faith and anyone set of political beliefs over another faith and political beliefs. They have the right to deny someone entry into their establishment if they aren't going to conform to the beliefs of the school and expell someone from their program should the individual decide to make any changes to what they believe.

When it comes to Public Schools, schools where taxpayer dollars are directly funded to the school, both religion and politics are allowed but the institution is not allowed to be in favor of one set of beliefs over another. The school is supposed to remain neutral when it comes to politics and religion and anyone who is on public school grounds are free to express their religious and political beliefs of any kind as protected by the 1st amendment and can change their beliefs at anytime without getting disiplined from the public school.

Of course as well, what is supposed to be here and what really is here are 2 different things as you have the extremes from any direction that are always looking to find loopholes and ways around everything.

Now how does what I said here relate in anyway to this bill? If a private school wants to enforce something like what is on this bill in their school, they have the right to do enforce this and deny someone graduation or entry into their school if they don't take the oath wheather or not this bill is put into law.

In a public school matter, the oath(which looks something like The Presidential Oath) I can see the "so help me god part" being ruled unconstiutional but not the rest of the oath unless the oath promotes sedition which doesn't appear to be the case here.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:04 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...ting-abrk.html

Yikes

Old
01-30-2013, 04:49 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Just another day in Phoenix!

Old
01-30-2013, 04:51 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Yeah it's all over the news, you can practically feel the media orgasming while covering this story. Queue the ignorant ban guns crowd in 3...2...1...

Old
01-30-2013, 05:04 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Yeah it's all over the news, you can practically feel the media orgasming while covering this story. Queue the ignorant ban guns crowd in 3...2...1...
Lol. Pretty much!

Old
01-30-2013, 05:07 PM
Primrose Everdeen
Shake it Off

vCash: 100
Ban guns so they can stab people instead.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:08 PM
Sm4ckSm4sh
This is Atomic Love

Hello guys,

just a quick question about the online store. Since it's a shortened season, do they not restock their inventory?

Thanks,

Go 'Yotes!

Old
01-30-2013, 07:31 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Online store is terrible. Only a small amount of items are sold on it. Might be worth it to find a team shop number and see if they take phone orders.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:59 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Update on the shooting in Phoenix. One man dead a CEO and Police are looking for a 70 Year Old man.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:50 PM
CC96
Serious Offender

Michael Phelps is here at the Suns game and they put him on the jumbotron. It's not terribly exciting but i figured it would be more enjoyable to talk about then Glendale and the Coyotes mutual assured destruction.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:05 AM
XX
... Waiting

If you have Cox high speed internet, you just got a speed increase. I went from 1.8 max to 3.0

Old
01-31-2013, 08:16 AM
pacerhimself

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
If you have Cox high speed internet, you just got a speed increase. I went from 1.8 max to 3.0

Seems to have helped :p

Another note for people with Cox TV and a CableCard set up, apparently you need another device that you plug into your cable to authenticate your signal to be able to watch FSAZ+ (SD and HD) and NHL Network HD. I phoned Cox about a month ago about my issues with NHL Network HD and they said they'd get back to me - never heard back and then had the same issue with FSAZ+. They told me I needed to pick up a free device to see those channels, so I had to watch the game on a free pirate stream last night.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:46 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Getting about the same as you. Down seems about the Same but up is faster. One of these days I'll get a new modem, mine is ancient.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:25 PM
moosemeister

Any body else here going to be getting Deadspace 3 on Xbox? I would really like to have someone to play with lol

Closed Thread