HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calgary-Columbus

Old
01-31-2013, 10:37 PM
Flamesarmstrong22

vCash: 500
Calgary-Columbus

I saw the thread that said Columbus needs a finisher and the flames need size IMO so what about a 1 for 1 swap of cammelerri for umberger? Both have leadership skills, both are 30 years old and both i think could benefit from a change
(even though cammy just came back to Calgary not too long ago)

P.s I also think Columbus should add a bit to deal seeing as IMO cammelerri obviously has the higher ceiling but not a big plus. Maybe a depth D like John Moore? Or a pick (2nd/3rd)
Thoughts??

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:39 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
I saw the thread that said Columbus needs a finisher and the flames need size IMO so what about a 1 for 1 swap of cammelerri for umberger? Both have leadership skills, both are 30 years old and both i think could benefit from a change

Thoughts??
Umberger waiving his NTC to play in.....Calgary? lol.

Next....

Cash for Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:41 PM
Flamesarmstrong22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
Umberger waiving his NTC to play in.....Calgary? lol.

Next....
I don't see how Columbus is that much more of an attractive destination? Calgary is hockey crazy and has great fan support… the same can't be said for columbus

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:49 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:

P.s I also think Columbus should add a bit to deal seeing as IMO cammelerri obviously has the higher ceiling but not a big plus. Maybe a depth D like John Moore? Or a pick (2nd/3rd)
Thoughts??
Cammalleri also comes with an absolutely atrocious cap hit. And John Moore is hardly just a depth D, he's also a good prospect

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:50 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
I don't see how Columbus is that much more of an attractive destination? Calgary is hockey crazy and has great fan support… the same can't be said for columbus
True...Which has nothing to do with a guy who went to college at OSU (Columbus) signed a NTC and now would suddenly waive it to go halfway across the planet to play for a team arguably worse than the one he is on now. I'm all for it....I think Umberger sucks. But that would never happen. Hell Rick Nash wouldn't even waive his NTC to go to a good team in Ottawa and he's from there lol.

Cash for Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:52 PM
punk_o_holic

vCash: 50
Quote:
Umberger did go to Ohio State University so he does have some sort of connection to the city. Also, not sure about Umberger but some players do prefer to play in a city where hockey isn't number 1.

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:54 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
He went to OSU and has lived here for a while. His kids go to school here, he's heavily involved in local hockey efforts, etc. Basically Columbus is his home.

I'd see him waiving for Pittsburgh which is where he grew up and is where his brother lives. But I think he'd want to keep his family around here.

Not bad value though.

Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:54 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:

Thoughts??
Things wrong with this post:
1) The idea that we'd trade a forward of any kind at all to get a forward. (We are far too low on scoring depth as is and cannot afford to lose any scoring that we already possess. The idea at present is to add, not replace.)
2) The idea of a one-for-one swap, to gain finishing ability. (Umberger routinely scores as many or more goals than Cammalleri. Lateral move)
3) The suggestion that assets would have to be added going to the Flames. (Turns this into a ripoff move for the Jackets.)
4) The suggestion that John Moore constitutes "depth D". (He is one of our "Big Four" along with Murray, Savard, and Erixon; a rapidly maturing young defenseman who is likely to stick around for a while. Flames equivalent: us asking for "depth forward" Baertschi.)
5) The implication that Moore would be involved at all in any such trade. (If you had read the thread about us needing finishers, you'd know that Moore is on the no-fly list along with names like Johansen, Jenner, et cetera.)
6) The suggestion that if there is a difference in value between Cammalleri and Umberger, that that difference is large enough to warrant a 2nd round pick. (Again, see relative goal scoring over their career arcs.)

This is a poorly conceived deal, and the suggested variants reveal a staggering lack of clue w/r/t the state of the Blue Jackets and players here. I recommend doing a LOT more research before trying again.

Quote:
Setting aside the standard insult to our city and our fanbase being tossed in our face here, Umberger played college hockey here in Columbus, signed that NTC with Columbus, and lives in Columbus during the offseason. This would be like one of us suggesting that Calgary's current record means that Glencross would want out - anyone with even half a clue about the player's situation and relationship to the team would know that the very idea is insane.

This is bad, and you should feel bad.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:25 AM
Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
2) The idea of a one-for-one swap, to gain finishing ability. (Umberger routinely scores as many or more goals than Cammalleri. Lateral move)
Everything else in your post is true enough to reject the deal but this is completely misleading. Cammalleri has had injury problems but even then Umberger isn't routinely outscoring him. Since Umberger arrived in Columbus and become a consistent forward he has 94 goals in 331 games. Cammalleri has 104 in 284. It's pretty obvious who the better finisher is. That's alright though, just bring up their contracts and it's not so obvious who Columbus would pick if given a 1 for 1 choice.

Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper View Post
Everything else in your post is true enough to reject the deal but this is completely misleading. Cammalleri has had injury problems but even then Umberger isn't routinely outscoring him. Since Umberger arrived in Columbus and become a consistent forward he has 94 goals in 331 games. Cammalleri has 104 in 284. It's pretty obvious who the better finisher is. That's alright though, just bring up their contracts and it's not so obvious who Columbus would pick if given a 1 for 1 choice.
The injury problems have to be accounted for in that, though, because we're not shopping for "he might have the talent if he's healthy", we're shopping for Number Of Goals We Can Expect. And in that respect, Umberger has 23, 25, and 20 goals to Cammalleri's 26, 19, and 20.

Granted, that line of mine still overstates the situation slightly (Cammalleri did have a career year four years ago that overshadowed anything Umby's ever done, for example), but I was annoyed.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

Cammalleri (Flames retain $2 million cap hit) for Erixon.

For the lolz.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:59 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Cammalleri (Flames retain $2 million cap hit) for Erixon.

For the lolz.
The funny thing is, at this point we'd prefer to keep Erixon. Yes, after all the kvetching about him running out on a team and all.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:03 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Cammy for Umberger straight up sounds palatable to me.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:43 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Done deal.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Noted. Please see prior posts in re: "not a chance in hell".

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Done deal.
Shouldn't be. Cammalleri's slump of late makes RJ look like a world-beater. Classic grass-is-greener evaluation.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:44 PM
jebs

Cammalleri's been terrible for a while now. No way Jackets would do this.

jebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:20 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
The funny thing is, at this point we'd prefer to keep Erixon. Yes, after all the kvetching about him running out on a team and all.
I know, and really don't think we want him back. It would be funny as hell though.

On a more serious note, the Flames seem to have a lot of wingers, and need youth on the blue line (not necessarily NHL ready). What about someone like Stempniak? Or Cammalleri at $3 million?

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote