HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Adirondack Phantoms and more (Apr 4. Charges against Nick Cousins are dropped)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2013, 09:36 PM
  #101
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey/Memphis
Country: United States
Posts: 6,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30whales View Post
What do you guys think of Michael Parks? I have really enjoyed watching him play at UND the passed two seasons.
He's another guy who I think has a fair shot at a 3rd/4th line spot in the future.

sobrien is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 10:14 PM
  #102
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerface1 View Post
How's Brandon Manning looking so far this season?
He made the AHL all star game FWIW. Although I think that was a token selection, since there wasn't much too choose from on that Adirondack roster.

I had high hopes for him going into this season. The few games I've seen, he didn't really stand out- whether that's a good thing or bad thing. Sometimes playing with such a weak supporting cast, as he has, can really make one look bad. I think we've seen that the last couple of years with call-ups and how much better their level of play appeared to be with the Flyers as opposed to with the Phantoms.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 10:20 PM
  #103
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
He made the AHL all star game FWIW. Although I think that was a token selection, since there wasn't much too choose from on that Adirondack roster.

I had high hopes for him going into this season. The few games I've seen, he didn't really stand out- whether that's a good thing or bad thing. Sometimes playing with such a weak supporting cast, as he has, can really make one look bad. I think we've seen that the last couple of years with call-ups and how much better their level of play appeared to be with the Flyers as opposed to with the Phantoms.
Well actually Gustafsson made it, but Gus turned it down to rest his foot for the weekend, so they choose Manning instead. Thats how bad they are. Gus, who didnt play in like a month, still got chosen to be represented. He deserved it based off of his play, but a whole month no one could stand out enough.

sa cyred is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 10:28 PM
  #104
ilovetheflyers8
Registered User
 
ilovetheflyers8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: D.C.
Country: French Guiana Independentist
Posts: 4,876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
He made the AHL all star game FWIW. Although I think that was a token selection, since there wasn't much too choose from on that Adirondack roster.

I had high hopes for him going into this season. The few games I've seen, he didn't really stand out- whether that's a good thing or bad thing. Sometimes playing with such a weak supporting cast, as he has, can really make one look bad. I think we've seen that the last couple of years with call-ups and how much better their level of play appeared to be with the Flyers as opposed to with the Phantoms.
Gus was chosen but Manning went instead. They might choose a guy from every team?

http://poststar.com/sports/manning-t...a4bcf887a.html

edit- beaten to it

ilovetheflyers8 is online now  
Old
01-29-2013, 06:15 AM
  #105
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I'm assuming the Flyers will let him finish out his 4 years of college hockey and take it from there. Is that safe to assume?
I would think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerface1 View Post
How's Brandon Manning looking so far this season?
He has good games and bad games but in general not very good. I've only seen a handful of games but in those games I would say Syvret and Lauridsen have both been substantially better. When everyone is healthy (Gus and MAB) he's pretty far down the depth cart IMO but that could change over the next couple yrs. he will improve and MAB may never be the same player so he'll most likely move up the depth cart.


Last edited by FlyersFan61290: 01-29-2013 at 06:20 AM.
FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:22 AM
  #106
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,865
vCash: 500
Personally, I think MAB needs to be removed from any discussion going further. Three concussions in less than a year should be sending alarms that he's probably not going to play again anytime soon, if ever again. My biggest hopeis that Don Luce has a serious discussion with Holmgren about restocking the defense through the draft and that it's time to restock the pipeline again with lots of rich young talent. I don't think the Flyers need to blow things up like some are suggesting. There' still lots of young and good talent on the big club. However, there's no reason that they can't have some elite talent waiting in the wings.....

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:48 AM
  #107
Psuhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Personally, I think MAB needs to be removed from any discussion going further. Three concussions in less than a year should be sending alarms that he's probably not going to play again anytime soon, if ever again. My biggest hopeis that Don Luce has a serious discussion with Holmgren about restocking the defense through the draft and that it's time to restock the pipeline again with lots of rich young talent. I don't think the Flyers need to blow things up like some are suggesting. There' still lots of young and good talent on the big club. However, there's no reason that they can't have some elite talent waiting in the wings.....
I would hope last offseason was a clear example that they can't buy talent anymore like they use to. They will have to rely on the draft. Which will be the best thing for this team as the Flyers are one of he top drafting teams in the NHL. They just didn't have the patient before.

Psuhockey is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 05:50 PM
  #108
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
I would hope last offseason was a clear example that they can't buy talent anymore like they use to. They will have to rely on the draft. Which will be the best thing for this team as the Flyers are one of he top drafting teams in the NHL. They just didn't have the patient before.
This, this, ever so this

RoDu is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 06:31 PM
  #109
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,010
vCash: 50
When is Gustafsson supposed to be ready?

I'd feel more comfortable with him than Lilja

__________________
Krishna is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 06:40 PM
  #110
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,115
vCash: 500
Also, why hasn't Manning been an option for us to bring up? Honestly, I'd rather give him a chance to shine instead of letting a turd you can't clean play in the form of Lilja.

SolidSnakeUS is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 06:57 PM
  #111
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,103
vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Also, why hasn't Manning been an option for us to bring up? Honestly, I'd rather give him a chance to shine instead of letting a turd you can't clean play in the form of Lilja.
because he can't even handle the AHL

RJ8812 is online now  
Old
01-30-2013, 08:00 PM
  #112
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Also, why hasn't Manning been an option for us to bring up? Honestly, I'd rather give him a chance to shine instead of letting a turd you can't clean play in the form of Lilja.
Cause he's simply not good enough.

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 01:14 AM
  #113
dats81
Registered User
 
dats81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Carinthia
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
When is Gustafsson supposed to be ready?

I'd feel more comfortable with him than Lilja
Has played two games since returning from ankle injury and looked like...well like someone coming back from injury who hasn't played in over a month.
He needs to get back on track which is not that easy given that the Phantoms' schedule unlike the NHL schedule is not that condensed...

dats81 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 01:27 AM
  #114
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
Has played two games since returning from ankle injury and looked like...well like someone coming back from injury who hasn't played in over a month.
He needs to get back on track which is not that easy given that the Phantoms' schedule unlike the NHL schedule is not that condensed...
Considering how poor Lilja and Foster have been (especially Lilja), I'd give Gus a go for a couple games to help get his barrings.

SolidSnakeUS is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:40 PM
  #115
captainpaxil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Personally, I think MAB needs to be removed from any discussion going further. Three concussions in less than a year should be sending alarms that he's probably not going to play again anytime soon, if ever again. My biggest hopeis that Don Luce has a serious discussion with Holmgren about restocking the defense through the draft and that it's time to restock the pipeline again with lots of rich young talent. I don't think the Flyers need to blow things up like some are suggesting. There' still lots of young and good talent on the big club. However, there's no reason that they can't have some elite talent waiting in the wings.....
Bourdon played the good soldier and id keep him on the nhl ltir so he can get a nice payday and have access to the best doctors. maybe if he takes the year off he can try and come back next year. its a shame to lose a guy when it seems he was just coming around but theres bigger things than hockey.

with all the changeover and tumult of the last few years in adirondak i think an emphasis on helping those guys to improve has to be added. i cant wait til the team moves closer to philly and thus closer to to hatch and the development team

captainpaxil is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 01:14 AM
  #116
dats81
Registered User
 
dats81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Carinthia
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
Bourdon played the good soldier and id keep him on the nhl ltir so he can get a nice payday and have access to the best doctors. maybe if he takes the year off he can try and come back next year. its a shame to lose a guy when it seems he was just coming around but theres bigger things than hockey.

with all the changeover and tumult of the last few years in adirondak i think an emphasis on helping those guys to improve has to be added. i cant wait til the team moves closer to philly and thus closer to to hatch and the development team
Leighton hiding an injury before signing a new contract =

Bourdon hiding an injury before signing a new contract = good soldier

Nothing against you personal, but I just can't read those lines any more...

dats81 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 08:09 AM
  #117
captainpaxil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
Leighton hiding an injury before signing a new contract =

Bourdon hiding an injury before being sent down to ahl = good soldier

Nothing against you personal, but I just can't read those lines any more...
because you misread the situation

captainpaxil is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 08:25 AM
  #118
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,337
vCash: 1481
Jon Sim signed a professional try-out deal with the Phantoms.

http://poststar.com/sports/former-ph...a4bcf887a.html

Quote:
GLENS FALLS -- When Jon Sim skated onto the ice Thursday at the Glens Falls Civic Center for his first practice with the Adirondack Phantoms, he noticed something familiar.

The 2004-05 Calder Cup banner that he helped win with the Philadelphia Phantoms was hanging above him.

“I was out there for practice and I looked up and saw the banner, the ’04-’05 banner, and it brings back a lot of memories,” Sim said. “I’m sure when we get the jersey tomorrow night, it will bring back a few more memories.”

The banner wasn’t the only thing that was familiar to Sim, who signed a professional tryout contract with the Phantoms over the All-Star break. The 35-year-old played 63 games of the 2004-05 season with the Phantoms and then 39 games with the Philadelphia Flyers the next year.

Current Phantoms assistant coach Riley Cote was Sim’s teammate on the Phantoms and assistant coach Kjell Samuelsson was the Phantoms head coach at the time. Current Phantoms head coach Terry Murray was an assistant with the Flyers, as well.
----------------------

Quote:
GLENS FALLS — A flurry of transactions since the end of the NHL lockout has left the Adirondack Phantoms’ locker room looking like the site of a Philadelphia Phantoms homecoming reception.

The team’s newest arrival might just be crowned king.

Jon Sim, a veteran winger with 469 NHL games to his credit, signed a professional try-out deal with the Phantoms Thursday, and will be eligible to play in the team’s 7 p.m. home game Friday against Norfolk.
http://saratogian.com/articles/2013/...f469434655.txt

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now  
Old
02-01-2013, 09:28 AM
  #119
dats81
Registered User
 
dats81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Carinthia
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
because you misread the situation
My best guess is that Bourdon has never been symptom free before he put his sign under the brand new 2 year contract Homer offered him last fall.
And yes, he already tried to play through another concussion last season to avoid being sent down.

I wish him the best of luck and that he can still have a decent career in the NHL but he pretty much shot himself in the knee by trying to be tough.

dats81 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 09:33 AM
  #120
MrHockey1982
Registered User
 
MrHockey1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Jon Sim signed a professional try-out deal with the Phantoms.

http://poststar.com/sports/former-ph...a4bcf887a.html



----------------------



http://saratogian.com/articles/2013/...f469434655.txt
Sim is back!!!! The cup is ours!!!

MrHockey1982 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:06 AM
  #121
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,682
vCash: 500
Ghost has 16 points in 21 games (5G 11A), and is on pace to crush his total from last year.

beginning to think this kid has legit potential to be a steal. Might be able to develop into an Enstrom-like player for us, but perhaps a bit more physical despite his size.

he showed the ability to keep up with top end speed in the WJC and also displayed one hell of a one-timer. excited for this kid.

orange is better is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:27 AM
  #122
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Ghost has 16 points in 21 games (5G 11A), and is on pace to crush his total from last year.

beginning to think this kid has legit potential to be a steal. Might be able to develop into an Enstrom-like player for us, but perhaps a bit more physical despite his size.

he showed the ability to keep up with top end speed in the WJC and also displayed one hell of a one-timer. excited for this kid.
Only got to see him play a few times outside of the wj, is he still paired with Coburn?

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:49 AM
  #123
CootaRoo
Registered User
 
CootaRoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Might be able to develop into an Enstrom-like player for us, but perhaps a bit more physical despite his size.
Don't get my expectations up like that... I love Enstrom! (was so bummed when he got extended by Winnipeg this past offseason)

CootaRoo is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:53 AM
  #124
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve
 
Homeland Security's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY/FL
Country: United States
Posts: 14,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Jon Sim signed a professional try-out deal with the Phantoms.

http://poststar.com/sports/former-ph...a4bcf887a.html



----------------------



http://saratogian.com/articles/2013/...f469434655.txt
Never thought I'd hear that name again.

__________________
Homeland Security is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:47 PM
  #125
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,203
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by rj8812 View Post
because he can't even handle the ahl
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan61290 View Post
cause he's simply not good enough.
but he had a couple good games last year

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.