HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs @ Flames | 1/31/2013 | 7:00 MT | We won !!!

Old
01-31-2013, 10:43 PM
Frenchy
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Avs @ Flames | 1/31/2013 | 7:00 MT | We won !!!

Plz continue here

Frenchy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:48 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

oh yeah!

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:49 PM
Elever
Hth

We're now playing Edm/Dal/Ana/Cgy. Not really a tough schedule, Sacco's job is gonna be safe for at least another couple weeks.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:50 PM
falconski
Unregistered User

my best answer for Hunwick's playing time: he was off yesterday, so didn't have quite the opportunity for fatigue that the rest of our D-men had

it's not really right, but it's sacco

falconski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:50 PM
Drij

we won on a PP goal...

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:52 PM
Freudian
Regress to meanness

vCash: 855
Hopefully Landeskog is back on Saturday. His ability to help with puck possession is sorely needed.

Not counting the goals, which were a bit random, Parenteau is looking better. He's working hard and his passes are sharper. Hopefully he'll continue to improve.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:52 PM
Drizzt1

I think Jones may be the one stifling players production. Tim for him to play on the 4th line for a while imo.

Drizzt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:53 PM
chet1926

Like I said after the Vancouver loss, we are just not as bad as we played the past 3 games.

Giggy with a sold effort, not great but made timely saves, Varly has to be wondering why the hell we can't score any goals when he is net.

Stastny wasn't that great, looked terrible on the Tanguay goal, but it was nice to see him get some goals, maybe he just needed a confidence boost, hopefully this will propel him to playing better hockey.

Jonny "Malkin" has a wicked shot if he gets room to fire its going to be a tough save for any goalie. I'm really liking this pickup, especially because its making O'Reilly look even stupider for holding out as Mitchell is doing everything O'Reilly does at a level O'Reilly was doing last year.

Duchene another solid effort, absolutely love the penalty he drew to get us the late PP, his speed made the other team drag him down. I'm loving the effort he has brought all year.

PAP is scoring goals, I feel like he hasn't played all that great but he is lighting the lamp so I can't really complain.

Jones is just miserable. He needs to be moved to the 4th line. sacco put Duchene down their last year and Jones has been way worse than Duchene ever was last year. Move Sgarbossa up to the Stastny line. Jones needs a wake up call, he has been the worst forward and that includes Borderleau.

McGinn had a better game a couple of assists, maybe he is starting to shake off the rust as well.

Zanon is pretty miserable, not sure why he hasn't been benched yet in the revolving door defense yet. He is so slow, he just looks stuck in slow motion all the time.

chet1926 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:55 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 250
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Hejda had a great game, away from O'Byrne, who was god awful. I'm OK with trading O'Byrne whenever. As a UFA, he'll have value to teams.

McGinn will score soon. He's doing everything right except score. He's been a nice physical presence on that line and when Lando comes back, he should be with Stastny.

Duchene is playing as well as he ever has at this level. I'm actually really enjoying his PK play.

Not sure how people could be disappointed with PAP. The guy was brought in to provide offense, and has been one of the few to actually bring some.

Olver has been playing real well. Not sure he's capable of it, but if he put on more muscle, maybe he could be a similar player to Sobotka.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:55 PM
cgf

We need to stop letting SOB take Jones out the night before games.

If Landy comes back soon I'd like to see these lines until Jones sobers up:
Landy-Staz-Duke
McGinn-Dutchy-PAP
Sgar-Mitchell-Kobasew
Bordy-Olver-Jones

cgf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:57 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt1 View Post
I think Jones may be the one stifling players production. Tim for him to play on the 4th line for a while imo.
In my opinion, Jones is either:

A) Just plain not ready to start the season (had an extremely slow start last year too)
B) Is feeling the 'pressure' of his contract (since he's getting big dollars now, is trying to do too much and not playing his game

Either, I think it gets sorted out at some point.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:58 PM
AslanRH
Guenin Get Out

With Mitchell playing so well as 3rd line center, any ideas as to which center could move to wing in the top 6 if RoR gets signed? I know Dutch seemed to struggle on wing, and I cant recall a time when Stazz or Radar played wing.

AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:59 PM
henchman24
If and if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
With Mitchell playing so well as 3rd line center, any ideas as to which center could move to wing in the top 6 if RoR gets signed? I know Dutch seemed to struggle on wing, and I cant recall a time when Stazz or Radar played wing.
I'm pretty sure Mitchell would be the one required to move.

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:00 PM
cgf

Quote:
I think they'd move Mitchell to Radar's wing. Keep the Staz-Dutchy-ROR punch down the middle, and slot Landy, PAP, McGinn, Mitchell, Duke, Sgar, Jones and Olver in around those 3.

cgf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:01 PM
falconski
Unregistered User

Quote:
eh, Mitchell probably becomes the 4th line center at that point, Sgarbossa goes back to Cleveland

falconski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:01 PM
The Kingslayer

Duchene had another solid game. 2 assists for matt.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:03 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post

A) Just plain not ready to start the season (had an extremely slow start last year too)
B) Is feeling the 'pressure' of his contract (since he's getting big dollars now, is trying to do too much and not playing his game

I think it's just as simple as he's classically inconsistent offensively, and doesn't do a whole lot when he's not scoring. He doesn't lay as many big hits as he did when he first broke in the league, and at his best he's just average defensively.

Foppa2118 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:05 PM
henchman24
If and if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I think it's just as simple as he's classically inconsistent offensively, and doesn't do a whole lot when he's not scoring. He doesn't lay as many big hits as he did when he first broke in the league, and at his best he's just average defensively.
Agreed. He is just very streaky and sucks when he isn't scoring.

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:06 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Hopefully Landeskog is back on Saturday. His ability to help with puck possession is sorely needed.

Not counting the goals, which were a bit random, Parenteau is looking better. He's working hard and his passes are sharper. Hopefully he'll continue to improve.
Quote:
If Lando comes back, I'd like to see him paired with Stastny. I think it would work out really well.

IF RoR gets signed, I'd like to see either one of these 2 scenarios:

"Load-Up 2"
McGinn-Duchene-Parenteau
Stastny-O'Reilly-Landeskog

I believe Stastny played so LW his first season and he did it pretty well. I just think that those 2 lines would be really tough to stop.

"Tandems"
Mitchell/Sgarbossa/OlverDuchene-Parenteau
Landeskog-O'Reilly-Hejduk
McGinn-Stastny-Jones

Good balance, tough to stop even when only 2 of 3 are going on any given night.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:06 PM
AslanRH
Guenin Get Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
I think they'd move Mitchell to Radar's wing. Keep the Staz-Dutchy-ROR punch down the middle, and slot Landy, PAP, McGinn, Mitchell, Duke, Sgar, Jones and Olver in around those 3.
Was kinda hoping to get Jones moved out of top 6.

AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:07 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Mitchell didn't look good at all on the wing tonight with Stastny. I think he needs the open ice, and especially the freedom to slide to the right and come off his off wing. He's got what, three goals so far this seasons from the same spot at the right circle?

It's really gonna be a shame if he has to slot back to the 4th line though.

Foppa2118 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:07 PM
Rhaego

So you guys are saying were not getting the first overall pick now?

bipolar basterds

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:08 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post

I think Jones is on his way to being bought out next offseason. The guy has just never been the same since his ACL injury. His speed and hitting were big assets to his game. Now he has lost a step, isn't very physical and not willing to go hard to the net like he used to. Now all he has really become is an average skater who has a good shot. If he is not scoring he is pretty much useless.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:08 PM
Freudian
Regress to meanness

vCash: 855
Even though his scoring is nice, Mitchell isn't anything more than a 30-35 point guy. When O'Reilly is back, him playing fourth line center and on the PK isn't a snub.

I'm happy he's producing and it's possible we can find some use for his shot on the PP, but he's overachieving offensively for now.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:09 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
So you guys are saying were not getting the first overall pick now?

bipolar basterds
I never thought we'd be battling for 1st overall. I see us drafting in the 9-15 range again, unless we get super lucky and win the lottery.