Switch Mitchell and Olver and/or Kobasew and Jones as their play merits it. Then bring Sgar back up for the stretch run to replace Olver, Kobasew or Jones, assuming we don't trade a forward to upgrade one of our d.
There's the huge win tweet from dutch.... you beat calgary bud.
Honestly, I have to agree with Duchene on this one. It was a big win for us, against a team we never beat, in building we never win in, after a 3 game losing streak where we played absolutely pathetically. It was a big win that can hopefully lead to some better play from our guys.
I understand Calgary isn't exactly world beaters this year, but still none the less it was a solid, important win for a confidence builder.
- Giggy is terrible. Any side to side movement = goal.
- Duchene was flying out there, again. Seemed at times he was the only one who cared. I also noticed during TV timeouts he was very communicative on the bench and seemed like he was pointing out positioning and such to his teammates.
- Mitchell is better than the Rangers thought.
- What Hejda was lacking in speed was made up by some great stick positioning.
- Goal against = end of the world - hunched shoulders from any Av player on the ice.
- Hunwick was very hot and cold this game, had some terribad plays followed by great ones.. don't know what to think of him some times.
- They were playing the Flames, don't plan the parade yet.
- Only lines to show up (the entire game) were manned by Olver and Duchene.
- Stastny was the man on faceoffs. Played well defensively. Need more offense on a nightly basis.
Sacco obviously wasn't comfortable with him when the game was close in the 3rd. I only recall 1 shift of his. I totally agree though, if he is staying up he needs ~12-14 minutes a game.
It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to second guess too much after a win, but I don't get this either. I didn't see anything that would make me concerned about his defensive game, and everything to suggest he's got some real good vision, and calmness with the puck. In fact, I'd say I was surprised again that he's got some pretty good instincts defensively, and doesn't take himself out of position with overly aggressive plays.