HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 11:17 PM
bobbyt91
you must quote me :P

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
I'm a Reimer supporter and after Ovechkins goal tonight, I just shook my head. It's time for Reimer to perform. The injury is gone and Allaire is gone. He just hasn't been anything but avg to below. I missed the 3rd period so I can't comment on that but overall I'm disappointed. Schneider is by far a better goalie as we speak.
All though the sample size is super small as per Schneider's pooptacular year so far, there are some abstract comparisons to be made. Reimer was a back-up and played on par with Schneider to become the #1. Reims got the #1 seemed to be playing great and got the neck injury and when he came back he had his confidence shattered. As long as he can string a few more wins I'm hoping he can shake off some demons. As for Schneider he played awesome the take the #1 from a true #1 but once he has had the full weight of that job he has looked shaky soo far.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:21 PM
myrocketsgotcracked

Quote:
Originally Posted by crt View Post
There never was any deal. Just Gillis trying to stir the pot.
ah, thats disappointing, i thought this saga would end soon and we can all move on.
thanks anyways.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:26 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Oh no, he's definitely not at Schneider's level. Reimer's proven the ability to be an effective #1 in this league for substantially longer stretches of time than Schneider has.
Good post!
My biggest concern is that the Leafs will soon be facing a goalie controversy. When you have two stud number ones like Reimer and the Monster.....errr Scrivens and there's only one net how do you keep both happy. You'd have to think it's getting uncomfortable in the dressing room with both Reimer and Scrivens wanting to be number one. Mind you, it's a good problem to have! Cheers!

Old
01-31-2013, 11:31 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
All though the sample size is super small as per Schneider's pooptacular year so far, there are some abstract comparisons to be made. Reimer was a back-up and played on par with Schneider to become the #1. Reims got the #1 seemed to be playing great and got the neck injury and when he came back he had his confidence shattered. As long as he can string a few more wins I'm hoping he can shake off some demons. As for Schneider he played awesome the take the #1 from a true #1 but once he has had the full weight of that job he has looked shaky soo far.
Nah Schneider has actually looked really good this year. The first game diluted his numbers and questioned him for it. But if you have watched all the games you would know what I am saying. Luongo has looked really good too! Canucks forwards have a major injury and are still rusty from not playing during lockout. Same can be said about the defence.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:37 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif View Post
No goalie would've succeeded on the Leafs last year.

The question is would Schneider be any better than Reimer ON THE LEAFS. Not who was better last year on two completely different teams. Right now, I'm very happy with Reims in net.
Now that simply is not accurate. Any of the top tier would have kept Toronto alive. Lundqvist and Luongo have dragged piss poor New York and Vancouver squads straight into the playoffs. The difference between a top tier goaltender is they steal games and are a source of rally. Reimer does neither.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:41 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
I'm a Reimer supporter and after Ovechkins goal tonight, I just shook my head. It's time for Reimer to perform. The injury is gone and Allaire is gone. He just hasn't been anything but avg to below. I missed the 3rd period so I can't comment on that but overall I'm disappointed. Schneider is by far a better goalie as we speak.
Fun fact: Anderson and Luongo are supporting a .967 and .938 save percentage respectively. One guess who they spent the summer training with.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:14 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Oh no, he's definitely not at Schneider's level. Reimer's proven the ability to be an effective #1 in this league for substantially longer stretches of time than Schneider has.
LOL, when? Reimer's best season pales in comparison to Schneider's. Reimer was given the #1 reigns last season and fell flat on his face. I guess your retort to this is that after 4 games this season Schneider has had two great games and two poor ones so I guess that's a big enough sample size to conclude he's a poor option as a #1.

Leafs have 7 games of moderate success and all of a sudden they're the best thing since sliced bread to their fans. Unbelievable. Didn't the Leafs have a good first half last season only to completely bomb?

Last edited by Peter Griffin: 02-01-2013 at 12:19 AM.
Old
02-01-2013, 12:38 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

All i get from this thread is:

- goaltending doesnt matter

Lol

Reimer being equal to Schneider?n what ****ing planet? Lol

Old
02-01-2013, 12:41 AM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
It's not the defence's fault that he let weak goals in on weak shots. I'll wait for a more significant sample size to say whether he's a legitimate starter and that last year was just because of his concussion. I don't see him at Schneider's level and I doubt if any GM does either.
Don't need to debate reimer's qualities in this thread. His own GM is looking for an upgrade. Fanboy opinion is moot.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:56 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
reimer is doing better at the moment.

cant debate that, dont bring up the past either

Old
02-01-2013, 12:59 AM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post

Why not? Toronto fans try to use it against Luongo all the time.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:08 AM
StringerBell

Quote:

Quote:
"Some moments are nice, some are nicer, some are even worth writing about"
I'm sorry, but this one does not fall into that third category.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:13 AM
ginner classic

Quote:

Say click...take a pic.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:58 AM
myrocketsgotcracked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
LOL, when? Reimer's best season pales in comparison to Schneider's. Reimer was given the #1 reigns last season and fell flat on his face. I guess your retort to this is that after 4 games this season Schneider has had two great games and two poor ones so I guess that's a big enough sample size to conclude he's a poor option as a #1.

Leafs have 7 games of moderate success and all of a sudden they're the best thing since sliced bread to their fans. Unbelievable. Didn't the Leafs have a good first half last season only to completely bomb?
good thing about a shorten season is the leafs only have to be good for 30-40 games

reimer's better than schneider? reimer have proven to be an effective #1? lol, i totally understand if the leafs don't want luongo, but that is just delusional haha

Old
02-01-2013, 02:53 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

Quote:

Deal.

As per your own rules. Luongo is now a top three goaltender.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:59 AM
RomanianLeafs

i still want Luuuuuuuu....man he could make our team so much better...

Old
02-01-2013, 03:12 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
We should of just traded him for Connolly that NHL center he is! Am I right?

This is the post that needs repeating so far. Well done.

- Burke is not going to get fired, even if they don't make the playoffs. Fast forward, gets canned before the season even begins.

- Connolly for Tanev because VAN "needs" a 2nd line C (attributing this label to Connolly of course). Get's waived and not picked up.

- Backups depreciate in value. Luongo starts 3 games, SNET says his value increases as a result (what dolts, his value doesn't change either way, really. He is a known quantity around the league).

- VAN won't carry both goalies into the season. Gillis carries both into the season.

- Reimer as good as Schneider. Most hockey evaluators worth their salt say Schneider. Goalie Guild gives VAN and A+, gives TOR a D for goaltending.

- Look who's got a better save % between Reimer and Schneider. 7 game sample. Drawing conclusions suspect.

- Goalies controversy? AV flipping a coin in the scrum with a good chuckle. Obviously management doesn't think so.

Some posters just really need to think about what they are saying, or have said, before going on. Again and again being proven wrong, and no change from them.

Last edited by Bleach Clean: 02-01-2013 at 03:21 AM.
Old
02-01-2013, 04:12 AM
RECsGuy*

Trade talk aside, count me among those that's happy just to see Luongo doing well.

Now that Selanne and Giguere have their rings, there isn't a single player I'd like to see win a Stanley Cup more than Roberto, and I don't care what uniform he's wearing when it happens, but I do care that he starts in such case.

And, yes, I'm aware that Iginla and Thornton are also without a Stanley Cup.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:42 AM
bobbyt91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Why not? Toronto fans try to use it against Luongo all the time.
Actually I think it was his future (contract/age) that most Leaf fans were concerned about especially if solid assets were going.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:01 AM
bobbyt91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
This is the post that needs repeating so far. Well done.

Quote:
- Burke is not going to get fired, even if they don't make the playoffs. Fast forward, gets canned before the season even begins.
Cmon man no one saw this one coming!!

Quote:
- Connolly for Tanev because VAN "needs" a 2nd line C (attributing this label to Connolly of course). Get's waived and not picked up.
Well i agree the idea seems silly but I think the thought was based on if Connolly regained his form he could really help the Nucks with their injuries.

Quote:
- Backups depreciate in value. Luongo starts 3 games, SNET says his value increases as a result (what dolts, his value doesn't change either way, really. He is a known quantity around the league).
Right now Luo is worth a million times more to Van than he is to other clubs, even if his value were to rise I still don't see it near what Gillis wants.

Quote:
- VAN won't carry both goalies into the season. Gillis carries both into the season.
I know this was said and I personally diss agreed. So far it looks like it was a great move not trading Luo.

Quote:
- Reimer as good as Schneider. Most hockey evaluators worth their salt say Schneider. Goalie Guild gives VAN and A+, gives TOR a D for goaltending.
Yeah well its HF lol, If I were to take a stab at the logic behind it I would say Reimer 2nd half of 10-11 was playing around the same level as Schneider last year but as of now its common sense who is worth more.

Quote:
- Look who's got a better save % between Reimer and Schneider. 7 game sample. Drawing conclusions suspect.
#'s are #'s and Hockey is all about "what have you done for me lately"

Quote:
- Goalies controversy? AV flipping a coin in the scrum with a good chuckle. Obviously management doesn't think so.
As for that issue lets wait until both are playing well and see.

Quote:
Some posters just really need to think about what they are saying, or have said, before going on. Again and again being proven wrong, and no change from them.
100% agree

Old
02-01-2013, 05:44 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Fun fact: Anderson and Luongo are supporting a .967 and .938 save percentage respectively. One guess who they spent the summer training with.
The problem Reimer had with Allaire is that Allaire tried to completly overhaul everything Reimer did. The 2 you listed play an Allaire style game, Reimer does not. Allaire preaches deep in the net, take the bottom of the net away style of goaltending. Reimer is more of an athletic style of goalie, tough to change everything you know on the fly.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:54 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
At least Schneider is tied with Kessel in the goal scoring race though. And he's only played half the games.
Schnieder is PPG??? Wow...that is impressive.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:54 AM
NugentHopkinsfan

Leafs fans are so good at making excuses but I can't blame them because for the past 8 years all they've heard are excuses from their management and coaching staffs.

Leafs are getting points right now that's all that matters and Luongo is the Canucks best goalie. I would think this trade possibility is dead atm. I see more suspect goals going in on the Leafs than any other team but it must be the goalie coach or an injury or the weather or something, always an excuse. If you think Reimer can lead you to the playoffs we'll all be watching him try!

Old
02-01-2013, 06:01 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
Leafs fans are so good at making excuses but I can't blame them because for the past 8 years all they've heard are excuses from their management and coaching staffs.

Leafs are getting points right now that's all that matters and Luongo is the Canucks best goalie. I would think this trade possibility is dead atm. I see more suspect goals going in on the Leafs than any other team but it must be the goalie coach or an injury or the weather or something, always an excuse. If you think Reimer can lead you to the playoffs we'll all be watching him try!
You won't find very many Leaf fans who think we are playoff caliber, myself included. You won't find many "sane" Leaf fans that think Reimer is better than either Schnieder or Luongo; myself included. We are just happy to see the kids performing well and getting a few wins, not sure why that makes us wrong. We don't need excuses....we know what our team is.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:06 AM
NugentHopkinsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
You won't find very many Leaf fans who think we are playoff caliber, myself included. You won't find many "sane" Leaf fans that think Reimer is better than either Schnieder or Luongo; myself included. We are just happy to see the kids performing well and getting a few wins, not sure why that makes us wrong. We don't need excuses....we know what our team is.
Just keep getting points you never know. Winning without Lupul Mccarthur, Gardiner while giving up a softie per game and getting nothing from Kessel... pretty impressive. With good goaltending I think it could be a playoff team, maybe Reimer will be good enough who knows. At least Kadri has been good and Frattin has been huge in the last two games.

Closed Thread