HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Oilers lose 3-2 in the SO - We Needed a Bigger Boat

Old
02-01-2013, 01:40 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Watch the half assed poke check he gives that, he was just trying to knock the puck off his stick because he was annoyed by him, not because he was worried about a goal being scored on him.
maybe because I was busy having half a coronary I didn't properly recognize what was going on. I was chewing my fingers off up to the knuckles as Clowe skated in.

Man that was a tense game. These are like playoffs.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:42 AM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I'm not following it either. Would be nice if people explained a little when they same something nebulous like "Is RNH injured" Um, like for instance what gives you that impression. Maybe some background beyond 3 words..

****, what is this, twitter
I could even understand someone saying something like "Is RNH's hand/shoulder/left nut injured because he's missing the net a lot" but yeah, just the random speculation is just odd.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:44 AM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
maybe because I was busy having half a coronary I didn't properly recognize what was going on. I was chewing my fingers off up to the knuckles as Clowe skated in.

Man that was a tense game. These are like playoffs.
Yeah, and the way they have the mics set in that rink is awful. They are behind the boards, so every hit sounds like someone got destroyed on TV but you can't hear the whistle on TV. Even Louie made a comment about how he could hear the whistle.

I noticed at least 4 or 5 whistles I just didn't hear tonight because of the mic set up in that rink.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Some fans were mentioning that he only took one shift in OT or something. Oil fans have seen so many injuries over the past six years that every little thing freaks us out.
Is this seriously whats contributing to the rumors?

Gawd this board is noise sometimes.

This is a coach that kept Yak out much of the 3rd period and some of the OT just the last game.

just coaching perogative.

Yeah I'm sure if RNH is injured coach puts him in the shootout.

somebodies radar is off

Old
Hockey Nightmare

Is Hemsky injured?

Hockey Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:46 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Lets talk about a concrete injury. Did anybody actually see Fistric take the puck in the hands? Those x-rays had better deliver some good news because I want the damn Potter experiment to be over.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Oil and Avs

vCash: 958
The hate for gagner needs to stop, he has been one of the best players on the team this season. 8 points in 7 games. Carrying his line.

Oil and Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
I could even understand someone saying something like "Is RNH's hand/shoulder/left nut injured because he's missing the net a lot" but yeah, just the random speculation is just odd.
Theres more rumors in here than in a JuniorHigh locker room. In an all girl school ffs..

Old
02-01-2013, 01:47 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Ones View Post
Is Hemsky injured?
Hey stop that. You're doing the internet wrong.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:49 AM
GreatKeith

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Lets talk about a concrete injury. Did anybody actually see Fistric take the puck in the hands? Those x-rays had better deliver some good news because I want the damn Potter experiment to be over.
Stauffer said he should be OK...

Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer

Mark Fistric blocked a shot off is right hand didn't play last couple of minutes of 3rd. He should be OK. Oilers hope so he was good

GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:49 AM
Section337
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Theres more rumors in here than in a JuniorHigh locker room. In an all girl school ffs..
Sometimes we stop with the rumours and focus on emotions, body language, and what someone might have said...which...umm...might not really change your point.

Hey look, a monkey riding a pig.

Section337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:51 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Stauffer said he should be OK...

Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer

Mark Fistric blocked a shot off is right hand didn't play last couple of minutes of 3rd. He should be OK. Oilers hope so he was good
Oh, relief, those concrete injuries are always painful.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:52 AM
GreatKeith

Quote:
Oh, relief, those concrete injuries are always painful.
He's pretty tough so I imagine he'll be back in Colorado.

GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:54 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
He's pretty tough so I imagine he'll be back in Colorado.
I imagine that teams are going to be extra careful with players this year because of the condensed schedule. DeBrusk was giving the impression that Horcoff was just a little sore after the Doan hit and they kept him out just so he could rest up.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:55 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section337 View Post
Sometimes we stop with the rumours and focus on emotions, body language, and what someone might have said...which...umm...might not really change your point.

Hey look, a monkey riding a pig.

Er, um, I got nothing here..goodnight

Old
02-01-2013, 02:06 AM
Spawn

Quote:
lol, just read the 25 hate posts about Gagner's OT shift and not getting the puck out. Whats laughable is how many of these posts appear to be dismissive of Gagner. As if he's been Horcoff or something. Newsflash he's been the hardest working forward on the club.

Gagner wanted to play the puck back behind or around the net. Curiously no puck support arriving there as he only has one direction to put the puck.

What a laugh that people were blaming Gagner and ready to pin a loss on him already and the Sharks didn't score on the PP. Get those fingers on the Gagner hate button though.
Remember to get your hate Gagner votes in 20 times/game. Wouldn't wanna miss out.

****, sometimes I wonder if we're all fans of the same club.
I love Gagner, and I always have. But that was a dumb play to turn the puck back. If you don't have an option with it, at least chip it out. Don't turn back around and then get stripped of the puck. I will forgive him because he has been excellent so far this year. But that doesn't mean it wasn't a bad play.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:13 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Good game folks. You had me scared for sure. I wasn't sold on the Oilers going into the season but you guys played really well today. Hall in particular, damn I'd kill to have a player like that on the Sharks, a real game-breaker. I felt so bad for poor rookie Matty Irwin having to defend that Hall goal, welcome to the NHL bud.

Anyway, I honestly think that the Oilers are a playoff team. Also, I maintain that Dubnyk is a solid NHL goaltender and if the Oilers can gain a solid #2C, a defensive #4D guy, and maybe a tough middle-six forward they're contenders in my eyes.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:15 AM
OILFAN #81

I was at the game tonight............what a fun game to be at. I thought we played well in the 1st period. Dubnyk had to make that save on the breakaway but other then that a solid 1st. 2 mental lapses in the 2nd put us down 2-0 quickly. Yakupov/Whitney to blame on that 2nd goal.

Lots of heart to come back and tie it up. I saw that tying goal up close and personal and that was a nice effort by Eberle and Hall. Dubnyk gets full marks for his performance tonight, he was outstanding.

Being at the game live, Gagner was terrible at getting the puck out as was Hemsky. So many chances to get rid of the puck and they didn't.

In the shootout I would have made Hemsky shoot 1st, Eberle 2nd, Gagner 3rd.

To get 3 out of 4 points on the road on back to back nights against Phoenix and San Jose is pretty solid. Get a win on Saturday vs Colorado!

OILFAN #81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:21 AM
awesomo
HARD!

great effort, they came back against the best team in the NHL right now and were able to go toe to toe for the most part. Dubnyk was great.

But my god lol if you watch Whitney on that play that led to the Gagner penalty haaha it is HILARIOUS, so bad

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:31 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Good game, Dubnyk passed a big test and played well. Still gives out too many big rebounds for my liking, but he is learning. Thought there should of been a call against SJ towards the end of the game, but once again the refs seem to have selective eye sight.

SJ dominated on the FO circle, but the Oilers over came that. I have to agree on Whitney, it looks like he's not getting any better. Hopefully Krueger will not place Potter in the next game.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:42 AM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Just wanted to stop by and say great game. Every time Hall has the puck in the offensive zone I cringe because I think he's going to score . Schultz look pretty good as well that cross ice feed looked almost Thornton-esque.

If Dubnyk plays that well all year you guys will definitely make the playoffs!

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:33 AM
coolwasabi

Great effort.

The armchair coaching of the shootout is laughable.
Newsflash: shootouts are toss ups for the most part. Try to analyze them and you'll be overanalyzing them.

coolwasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:36 AM
Soundwave

Even though I'm disappointed that we didn't seal the deal in the shoot out, I'm OK with RNH shooting.

He is going to have to be able to shoulder being the go to no.1 center on this team (and perhaps the no.1 player period), and trying to get him going in the shootout was OK with me.

Nail looking more comfortable rushing the puck, finally looks like he's settling down a little bit, that bodes well for us.

Whitney basically gave the game away with those two turnovers. Gagner is playing well but he needs to get the puck out when he gets the chance, basically gifted the Sharks a PP in OT.

I want the boys to break out with a 4 or 5 goal game soon.

Last edited by Soundwave: 02-01-2013 at 03:42 AM.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:47 AM
#ualberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil and Avs View Post
The hate for gagner needs to stop, he has been one of the best players on the team this season. 8 points in 7 games. Carrying his line.
Yeah I couldn't agree more. He's having a very good start to the season

402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 04:00 AM
Quinteoilers

It would be nice to see Yakupov unleash that wicked wrister, in a shoot out. Hopefully next game, the team breaks out and gets 5/6 to give Dubnyk a break.

Quinteoilers is offline   Reply With Quote