HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 7 • Edmonton Oilers at San Jose Sharks • 7:30pm PST • Orange vs Orange Edition

Old
02-01-2013, 12:33 AM
Inub0i
I will Q

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
Congrats on the win. Nemo is a beast.

Refs robbed both sides yet again. That breakaway should have counted, but the ending was fine.

See you in the playoffs lol.
Clowe's goal should've counted. Oh well.

Inub0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:37 AM
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDsjs22 View Post

EDIT: Irwin is questionable at times...two games in a row where it's been noticeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Fin Soup View Post
Irwin is still too green. He's looked shaky the past couple games which will make it easier to sit him for Demers.

He made a couple of big mistakes but so did most of the D (Stuart in particular was fighting it on several occasions), and overall I thought he had another solid game, especially when considering how scary that Oilers group is up front. I'd still prefer that Demers replaces Murray, but that's probably not happening.

Tkachuk4MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:38 AM
Mrs Ski

Haha...McClellan doing the Shepard rap.

Mrs Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:39 AM
MDsjs22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
He made a couple of big mistakes but so did most of the D (Stuart in particular was fighting it on several occasions), and overall I thought he had another solid game, especially when considering how scary that Oilers group is up front. I'd still prefer that Demers replaces Murray, but that's probably not happening.
I agree. I like him and he's got a cannon for a slap shot. I think it's an experience/comfortability thing. I'm really looking forward to getting Burnzie back though...that can't happen soon enough.

MDsjs22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:42 AM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
Unfortunately for Irwin, it will be a numbers game. They will need a roster spot when Burns and Demers get healthy and he's the only one exempt from waivers so unless they have a deal setup or want to risk waivers on Nick Petrecki, he's likely going to be sent down. And he ought to be when fully healthy because even if you sit Murray, you still have Braun, Demers, Boyle, Burns, Vlasic, and Stuart in the lineup. He's not going to get a crack but I feel his performance thus far, even with a lot of rookie errors and close calls, they will make a spot available for him next season.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:44 AM
drunksage
#88: The Savior.

vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumboThornton92 View Post
I'm gonna pay for this one, midterm in 6 hours. worth it though
9 hours or so until my typical big Friday test, but I'm still one whole lecture behind (basically 1/6th of the test untouched).

Probably worth it...

drunksage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:47 AM
68 Z-28

I like this tweet.

Quote:
Malcolm Bordelon (@MMB52)
1/31/13, 10:31 PM
Sharks 7 and 0. Matches 3rd best start in #NHL history. Best start ever in NHL history is 10 straight wins. Lets go for it! #sjsharks

68 Z-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:48 AM
magic school bus

vCash: 1965
I wish the Sharks could harness the intensity they show at the end of games and use it for a full 60 minutes.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:49 AM
ChubbChubby
My life is a gym

Clowe sucks. First goal was due to his giveaway at the blueline and then his lack of coverage as the left wing when they shifted to defense.

He was also making way too many hopeful blind passes in the zone. That and he had a really hard time tracking the puck and missed so many slam dunk chances.

Clowe's play really deserves a demotion, and if it was any other player it would have happened already. I really like the idea of having Handzus center Havlat and Couture, and running Clowe with Gomez and Galiardi/Burish.

Speaking of Galiardi, why was he the scratched player when he was playing pretty well? Also for the players that were dressed, where did Burish and Wingels go for the last two periods of the game? Sheppard and Desjardins played a lot but I didn't see the other two at all.

ChubbChubby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:50 AM
RainbowDash
20% Cooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Unfortunately for Irwin, it will be a numbers game. They will need a roster spot when Burns and Demers get healthy and he's the only one exempt from waivers so unless they have a deal setup or want to risk waivers on Nick Petrecki, he's likely going to be sent down. And he ought to be when fully healthy because even if you sit Murray, you still have Braun, Demers, Boyle, Burns, Vlasic, and Stuart in the lineup. He's not going to get a crack but I feel his performance thus far, even with a lot of rookie errors and close calls, they will make a spot available for him next season.
Yeah, certainly.

Its going to be too bad for Petrecki. When Irwin goes down, Petrecki needs to show us that Irwin has not leapfrogged him on the depth chart. Otherwise, he is done with us next year for sure.

RainbowDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:51 AM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
I wish the Sharks could harness the intensity they show at the end of games and use it for a full 60 minutes.
The 'full 60 minutes' is a myth. Every team will have lulls through a game. Just have to hope it doesn't dig you too deep a hole.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:56 AM
MessierII

Great game. Hockey at its finest. You guys are so hot right now.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:00 AM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
The 'full 60 minutes' is a myth. Every team will have lulls through a game. Just have to hope it doesn't dig you too deep a hole.
That's why steroids should be mandatory.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:06 AM
pocketful
"We'll see"

Good game. Tough that you guys had Clowe's goal called back. I'll be cheering for the Sharks in the playoffs.

pocketful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:10 AM
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail

Quote:

Very true, hadn't thought of that. It's good to know that there's yet another defenseman in the pipeline who can step and play well if need be. The future of this team looks a lot brighter than I would have predicted 2-3 years ago.

Tkachuk4MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:11 AM
magic school bus

vCash: 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
Great game. Hockey at its finest. You guys are so hot right now.
Heh I'd say we're luke warm now, but we were hot when we first played the Oilers in Edmonton.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:18 AM
WTFetus
Most popular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inub0i View Post
Clowe's goal should've counted. Oh well.
I haven't watched the replay too closely, but it looked like all the Edmonton players (including Dubnyk) heard the whistle and stopped playing. Dubnyk looked a little too lackadaisical and a forward probably would have stepped in and backchecked while Clowe was fumbling the puck.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:22 AM
Hertl Power

Two games in a row the sharks can't manage to win in regulation? Time to start the rebuild.

Hertl Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:23 AM
Dwight Schrude

Can't stop laughing at Nemos reaction to the first post game interview question.. Too funny!!

Dwight Schrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:24 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Clowe made a brainfart but was decent the rest of the game. The poor guy can't catch a break I thought the Sharks played a good game against an improving team. Good win. Bring on a slumping Nashville.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:24 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

What a fun game to watch as an Oil fan. I'm pretty stoked we managed to grind a point out of OT from you guys, I was expecting another big loss.

In all honesty I think this is San Jose's year to go all the way, I really think it's going to happen you guys are the team to beat.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:40 AM
WTFetus
Most popular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
Clowe made a brainfart but was decent the rest of the game. The poor guy can't catch a break I thought the Sharks played a good game against an improving team. Good win. Bring on a slumping Nashville.
I wouldn't say he looked decent. His boardplay still isn't up to standard. And that wasn't just one brainfart, it was two. He had a horrendous giveaway and then he lost his man.
I thought Murray had a decent game. Steadily improving since the start of the season. His problems aren't brainfarts like Clowe, it's just that he's so slow. He gives up the blue-line too easily and he isn't able to pressure players along the boards because of his lack of speed. His brain is there, his feet just aren't.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:51 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
He's 6th among forwards on PK TOI. Totally useless so far.
Yeah, not at all impressed with Burish. I was going to mention it during the game, but he has less offensive instincts than Frazer McLaren. Absolutely none. Bobbled a sweet Gomez pass that made me mad. I can't believe he's getting paid $1.8M for 4 years to be a worthless 4th liner. That's almost 3 times as much as Gomez makes.

Clowe had a pretty good third period, but that doesn't excuse the wretched turnover he made in the 2nd and his general ****** play.

As for Murray, he wasn't bad, but there's no reason to play him against a speedy and talented Edmonton team when we have Demers healthy and a much better match.

Lastly, as much as I loathe him for being an entitled little pissant *********, Justin Schultz is ****ing great. He made some really sweet passes and was actually really dominant defensively. Hall and Eberle (much as I loathe him too) were both quite good as well. But Nugent-Hopkins was completely invisible. I guess he was trying to play defense and he didn't make any gaffes, but I love watching the kid play (he's my favorite Oiler kid, although Yakupov is creeping up) usually and he didn't do anything at all offensively it seemed like.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:55 AM
Phu

Slow-mo and better angle of the kaepernicking

Phu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:56 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
I wouldn't say he looked decent. His boardplay still isn't up to standard. And that wasn't just one brainfart, it was two. He had a horrendous giveaway and then he lost his man.
I thought Murray had a decent game. Steadily improving since the start of the season. His problems aren't brainfarts like Clowe, it's just that he's so slow. He gives up the blue-line too easily and he isn't able to pressure players along the boards because of his lack of speed. His brain is there, his feet just aren't.
Clowe just seems to be fighting it big time. Hes having peaks and valleys in every game. He created chances and had good looks at Dubnyk but at the same time he made huge errors. Murray was solid...i think hes still adjusting to his new role. The last 3 years hes been used in a top 4 shutdown role, now hes a pk/bottom pairing guy. Both of these guys are pros they can play their way out of it.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote