HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Danny Kristo could be going to jail

Old
01-30-2013, 06:12 AM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
The first time I got plastered I was 18 I think, later than most people. I think it's 15 or 16 for most people I know.

Thank god I grew up in Montreal. It saved me a lot of troubles.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:13 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
The first time I got plastered I was 18 I think, later than most people. I think it's 15 or 16 for most people I know.

Thank god I grew up in Montreal. It saved me a lot of troubles.
I have the feeling that because it's more restrictive elsewhere, that when guys do get beers they get a little nuts over it because they've been prevented of taking it for so long, they can't wait to drink like it has this whole mystic attached to it. I had my first beer at 14 but I never was a big drinker. It's really in my early 20s that I started drinking a little more. But mainly at parties and when I went out, never on a regular basis.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:28 AM
FuzzyWuzzy
I'm still alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
He should stay at Goeff Molson's home... The fridge is always full of free beer.
If Geoff Molson has half the goodsense i think he has, he does not drink his own beer.

FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:33 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIginla View Post
Old story but he is accused of illegal distribution of alcohol to underage teammates during a party organized by the team and it says he could end up spending 6 to 12 months in jail.

http://tvasports.ca/hockey/canadiens...cuses-29012013
Nothing will come of this.It happens all the time.

onebighockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:55 AM
Halifaxhab*

Wife beaters and Leaf fans get less than that in terms of prison time, can't see them giving 5 kids from University jail time for buy booze for a party...at a University.

I mean really is surprising that serious students, futue leaders of society, are drinking? I am so saddened by that....

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:23 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
Yeah, it seems like he's been in the USHL forever (only 3 years!), but he was only drafted in 2008 and isn't a top prospect, so his development will take longer. Hopefully he doesn't turn into Van Wilder though.

I'm still not sure what lot of people see in him. He's always looked very ho-hum to me, but I hope something good happens with him soon. Avoiding jail time would be a start.
Just to clear things up, Kristo spent 1 year in the USHL (that's the top US junior league, and the feeder league to the NCAA). Kristo has spent 4 years in the NCAA, so this is his final year. Before that he played in the USHS (that's the US High School league ranging in age from 14-19 mostly) and then he left the USHS for the USNDTP which is now back in the USHL (but unlike other USHL teams they play in international tournaments and against NCAA schools).

As for not being a top prospect, he certainly is. He's easily one of our most skilled prospects. He's currently tied for 2nd in the NCAA in goals scored and has great speed to go with his impressive offensive abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
No doubt Kristo will need to live with a vet if he's ever part of our team lol.
lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
A better question may be how it affects his eligibility. He may be in Hamilton sooner rather than later.
It shouldn't, i believe I read that the couts won't do anything till March although my french isn't so great. The regular season ends in 4 or 5 weeks although North Dakota could be at the Frozen Four tournament at the end of March. I just don't see them sending any of these kids to jail although i never heard of getting jail time for buying beer for underage kids.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:39 AM
7th Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Distributing to minors? That's what College is about.

****ing Americans and their priorities. 18? Can't have a beer, but here's a gun!
Seriously. Give the kid a break. People/media saying Habs need to trade him should relax. The guy has tons of character. No doubt he'll be a solid NHLer one day.

Freaking TVA reporting this as if he had committed the crime of the century

Last edited by 7th Player: 01-30-2013 at 12:44 PM.
7th Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:41 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIginla View Post
Old story but he is accused of illegal distribution of alcohol to underage teammates during a party organized by the team and it says he could end up spending 6 to 12 months in jail.

http://tvasports.ca/hockey/canadiens...cuses-29012013
Not likely.

Even the judge likely drank booze underage on occasion.

Its not like he was distributing coke!

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:58 AM
Price My Man Crush

Wow, those USA laws are so great. Hey man, let's send you to war but you can't have a drink with your buddies.

What the **** is wrong with them? Everybody knows that Americans are drinking at the age of 16-17. Now Danny, let's send you to jail because you distributed alcohol for people under 21.

Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:44 AM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Wow, those USA laws are so great. Hey man, let's send you to war but you can't have a drink with your buddies.

What the **** is wrong with them? Everybody knows that Americans are drinking at the age of 16-17. Now Danny, let's send you to jail because you distributed alcohol for people under 21.
Well the drinking age in most states is 21, purely because of money
reasons.

Habaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:45 AM
Sioux Tradition
Rookie User

No one will get jail time out of this incident. Contributing charges usually result in a fine, community service, and probation.

He's having a fine season by the way. Night in and night out he's the most dangerous player on the ice.

Sioux Tradition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:07 PM
cjbhab*
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsBeReality View Post
Ewww... let's not get ridiculous now. There's countries where it's illegal for woman to work without permission from a guardian or vote, etc.
What's your point?

cjbhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:20 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
Kind of feels like that story when O'Byrne stole some random girls purse in Florida. Hahaha.
Nah

The O'Byrne/Huet/Kostopoulos/random girl saga was much more epic than this

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:22 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

send him to jail...keep him there....i never want to see him in a habs jersey

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:23 PM
LePoche69

Kristo should have bought guns to those minors instead. Less risky.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:09 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
Kristo should have bought guns to those minors instead. Less risky.
:rimshot:

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:29 PM
scosar

Had the same thing happen to me in upstate New York. Me the only Canadian in the car and we are driving down a country road drinking and throwing empties as the road signs. I know really smart. Anyway cop pulls us over. I was 18 six weeks before. Everyone else in the car turned 18 later that year. Copy gives me the contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Might not ever be allowed to come back to the states. I nearly sht myself.

scosar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:14 AM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

From what I hear, he's a damn fine hockey player. The rest is none of my business.

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:24 AM
JSBach

Wasn't he in Old School?

JSBach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:35 AM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scosar View Post
Had the same thing happen to me in upstate New York. Me the only Canadian in the car and we are driving down a country road drinking and throwing empties as the road signs. I know really smart. Anyway cop pulls us over. I was 18 six weeks before. Everyone else in the car turned 18 later that year. Copy gives me the contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Might not ever be allowed to come back to the states. I nearly sht myself.
People under estimate how anti serving minors the US is. They also under estimate DA's that need to be reelected and send a strong message.

In all likelihood they are posturing right now but him getting jail is definitely a possibility in the US, they can take it quite seriously.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:42 AM
puckeater

Somewhere Jacques Demers is sobbing....

puckeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:07 AM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

You guys aren't hearing the whole story here. He did much more than just provide alcohol for minors.

I read an article months ago shorty after it happened that I will try to track down again. The article stated that he and some other seniors got the freshmen stupid drunk to the point where they were passed out and vomiting on themselves. The seniors then carried (yes they had to be carried) the freshmen back to their dorm rooms. The RA of the dorm saw what was happening and came over and confronted the guys and asked what was going on. Naturally the seniors got out of there and just left the kids passed out in their rooms. The RA went into the rooms to find the kids passed out and had to call the police and paramedics showed up to bring them to the hospital.

It was much more than providing a few beers to minors.

Jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:21 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykay View Post
You guys aren't hearing the whole story here. He did much more than just provide alcohol for minors.

I read an article months ago shorty after it happened that I will try to track down again. The article stated that he and some other seniors got the freshmen stupid drunk to the point where they were passed out and vomiting on themselves. The seniors then carried (yes they had to be carried) the freshmen back to their dorm rooms. The RA of the dorm saw what was happening and came over and confronted the guys and asked what was going on. Naturally the seniors got out of there and just left the kids passed out in their rooms. The RA went into the rooms to find the kids passed out and had to call the police and paramedics showed up to bring them to the hospital.

It was much more than providing a few beers to minors.
So the lightweights passed out... was any of them in actual medical danger or did the RA call 911 because it's his ass on the line if he lets it go? I'm banking on the latter.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:28 AM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
So the lightweights passed out... was any of them in actual medical danger or did the RA call 911 because it's his ass on the line if he lets it go? I'm banking on the latter.
Probably both, but if the kid is unresponsive and the paramedics deem it necessary they don't have much of a choice.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:30 AM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

I couldn't find the original article but here's a shortened version. This one doesn't call out the older players by name but obviously Kristo was one of them.