HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 9

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2013, 12:11 PM
  #901
spacemunky
Registered User
 
spacemunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by afinch1992 View Post
oh got it. youre best bet would probably be to look over the market every chance you get for a card that is really cheap or atleast cheap enough.
Grabbed one for 1100 which didn't seem too bad in comparison to what I saw them going for. Bonus is I now have Seabrook too. Got him for 2200 last night and paired him with Leddy

spacemunky is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 12:20 PM
  #902
Parrish
Registered User
 
Parrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Decatur; Indiana
Country: United States
Posts: 1,481
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Parrish
Looking for a Simmonds (preferebly lw) and Grabovski (360) (sotw)

Also interested in Staal and Stastny, but I doubt I can afford them.

I have 40k pucks and lots to trade.

I also need a rw-lw if I get the simmonds and it isnt changed yet.

Parrish is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 04:51 PM
  #903
SnipingSince97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
For the HUT Playoffs what rabk do you have to be to qualify (xbox) ?

SnipingSince97 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 05:06 PM
  #904
CP31
Registered User
 
CP31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Welland, ON
Posts: 1,696
vCash: 500
Up for trade on Xbox

Kesler
Cammalleri
Briere
Backstrom (WAS)
Cam Ward
Lupul
B. Campbell

If interested just reply on here.

Ps. Looking for quality over quantity.

CP31 is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:15 PM
  #905
JaredCowenFan
ErikKarlssonFan
 
JaredCowenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,762
vCash: 500
Picked up 3 new SOTW's:

Pavleski SOTW
Anderson SOTW
Ekman-Larsson SOTW

Now a look at my new re-vamped team:

Gretzky (91 Overall) - M. Richards SOTW (91 Overall) - Grabner SOTW (88 Overall | C)
Nugent-Hopkins SOTW (87 Overall | A) - Pavelski (89 Overall) - Benn SOTW (90 Overall)
van Riemsdyk SOTW (88 Overall) - Skinner SOTW (88 Overall) - Okposo SOTW (87 Overall)
Burrows SOTW (87 Overall) - Malholtra (83 Overall) - Simmonds SOTW (87 Overall)

Suter SOTW (90 Overall) - Karlsson SOTW (90 Overall)
Ekman-Larsson SOTW (87 Overall) - Carlson SOTW (87 Overall)
Garrison SOTW (87 Overall) - Orpik SOTW (87 Overall | A)

Anderson SOTW (89 Overall) - Hasek (92 Overall)

The SOTW team. As you can see Manny's on my 4th line, It's not a huge deal as my 4th line doesn't play much but could improve. Also looking to move Hasek for a good SOTW Goalie in return. Cheers!

JaredCowenFan is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:19 PM
  #906
nerdybeard
Registered User
 
nerdybeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oakland
Posts: 294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
Picked up 3 new SOTW's:

Pavleski SOTW
Anderson SOTW
Ekman-Larsson SOTW

Now a look at my new re-vamped team:

Gretzky (91 Overall) - M. Richards SOTW (91 Overall) - Grabner SOTW (88 Overall | C)
Nugent-Hopkins SOTW (87 Overall | A) - Pavelski (89 Overall) - Benn SOTW (90 Overall)
van Riemsdyk SOTW (88 Overall) - Skinner SOTW (88 Overall) - Okposo SOTW (87 Overall)
Burrows SOTW (87 Overall) - Malholtra (83 Overall) - Simmonds SOTW (87 Overall)

Suter SOTW (90 Overall) - Karlsson SOTW (90 Overall)
Ekman-Larsson SOTW (87 Overall) - Carlson SOTW (87 Overall)
Garrison SOTW (87 Overall) - Orpik SOTW (87 Overall | A)

Anderson SOTW (89 Overall) - Hasek (92 Overall)

The SOTW team. As you can see Manny's on my 4th line, It's not a huge deal as my 4th line doesn't play much but could improve. Also looking to move Hasek for a good SOTW Goalie in return. Cheers!
I just picked up SOTW Pavs, and I am very excited. You have a pretty stellar team, I feel the same way about my 4th line - they don't play much and I don't care to upgrade them too much. I keep em as big PWF type guys that help forecheck and keep possession.

After a few tweaks..

Zetterberg(C)/Kesler/Nash
Thornton(A)/SOTW Pavelski/Marleau
Booth/Couture/Carter
Vermette/Backes/SOTW Clutterbuck

Phaneuf/Burns(A)
Keith/Myers
SOTW Suter/Green

Ward/Lehtonen


Last edited by nerdybeard: 01-31-2013 at 10:55 PM.
nerdybeard is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:59 PM
  #907
Joel Ward
The Legend Continues
 
Joel Ward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
Hopefully going to sell/trade SOTW Backstrom, SOTW Hossa and Marleau before the weekend. I'll have over 600K pucks after that and I plan on going a SOTW Sharks line for my top line and picking up Kesler to center my 2nd line.

SOTW Marleau - SOTW Thornton - SOTW Pavelski
- Kesler -
- Gilmore - Nash
Helm - Stoll - Filppula

SOTW Suter - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Burns
Bouwmeester - Myers

Varlamov
Subban

After getting my top line and Kesler I should have around 170K left, any suggestions on who to play on the wings with Kesler and on the thrid line with Gilmore and Nash?

Joel Ward is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:05 PM
  #908
afinch1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdybeat View Post
I just picked up SOTW Pavs, and I am very excited. You have a pretty stellar team, I feel the same way about my 4th line - they don't play much and I don't care to upgrade them too much. I keep em as big PWF type guys that help forecheck and keep possession.

After a few tweaks..

Zetterberg(C)/Kesler/Nash
Thornton(A)/SOTW Pavelski/Marleau
Booth/Couture/Carter
Vermette/Backes/SOTW Clutterbuck

SOTW Suter/Myers
Phaneuf/Burns(A)
Keith/ ***(I have about 35k pucks to burn, thinking Doughty or Green, maybe a cheap SOTW)

Ward/Lehtonen
SOTW Garrison? pretty good for the price

afinch1992 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:06 PM
  #909
afinch1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemunky View Post
Grabbed one for 1100 which didn't seem too bad in comparison to what I saw them going for. Bonus is I now have Seabrook too. Got him for 2200 last night and paired him with Leddy
nice!. whenever this game F's you the best feeling is making the whole thing positive in the end!

afinch1992 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:53 PM
  #910
nerdybeard
Registered User
 
nerdybeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oakland
Posts: 294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HigherCorruption View Post
Hopefully going to sell/trade SOTW Backstrom, SOTW Hossa and Marleau before the weekend. I'll have over 600K pucks after that and I plan on going a SOTW Sharks line for my top line and picking up Kesler to center my 2nd line.

SOTW Marleau - SOTW Thornton - SOTW Pavelski
- Kesler -
- Gilmore - Nash
Helm - Stoll - Filppula

SOTW Suter - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Burns
Bouwmeester - Myers

Varlamov
Subban

After getting my top line and Kesler I should have around 170K left, any suggestions on who to play on the wings with Kesler and on the thrid line with Gilmore and Nash?

Jealous of the SOTW Sharks line, I have that line but only a Pavs SOTW and normal Thornton with an A. I am saving up for the SOTW Marleau next, seems hard to find the SOTW Thornton. I posted my lineup above, and I love Zetter on the line with Kesler. The RW slot I went with a LH shot on Nash, but if you get a SNP or PWF you can keep 99 chem.

Good luck with your lineup in the Playoffs! I just got mine tuned up and ready, with some duration cards ready to roll.

nerdybeard is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:55 PM
  #911
CP31
Registered User
 
CP31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Welland, ON
Posts: 1,696
vCash: 500
How the hell do some of you guys get so rich???

CP31 is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:57 PM
  #912
nerdybeard
Registered User
 
nerdybeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oakland
Posts: 294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by afinch1992 View Post
SOTW Garrison? pretty good for the price
Considered that. Went with Green, as he is 86 OVR like Doughty, but has a better shot and everything else the same - actually found him cheaper than Doughty too. He will match will with SOTW Suter.

nerdybeard is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:40 PM
  #913
spacemunky
Registered User
 
spacemunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP31 View Post
How the hell do some of you guys get so rich???
I often wonder that too lol. I was able to get a James Neal this past weekend with the double the pucks for 7500. At 85 hes my top ranked player along with Pominville and maybe Girardi. I am happy with my team though but it would be nice to one day have a Stamkos or Karlsson but they are so far out of my price range.

spacemunky is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:24 AM
  #914
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 12,713
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HigherCorruption View Post
Hopefully going to sell/trade SOTW Backstrom, SOTW Hossa and Marleau before the weekend. I'll have over 600K pucks after that and I plan on going a SOTW Sharks line for my top line and picking up Kesler to center my 2nd line.

SOTW Marleau - SOTW Thornton - SOTW Pavelski
- Kesler -
- Gilmore - Nash
Helm - Stoll - Filppula

SOTW Suter - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Burns
Bouwmeester - Myers

Varlamov
Subban

After getting my top line and Kesler I should have around 170K left, any suggestions on who to play on the wings with Kesler and on the thrid line with Gilmore and Nash?
That's exactly what I wanna have as my new top line as well because my current top line of SOTW Fleischmann - SOTW Legwand - SOTW Semin isn't very good although Semin is decent. I'll put an A or a C on SOTW Thornton to make sure they're all 90+ SKT.

Billy Mays Here is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:25 AM
  #915
western redmen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 620
vCash: 562
What are the chances of getting Carey price in a pack?? I got him TWICE already...I need a top forward

western redmen is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:39 AM
  #916
CP31
Registered User
 
CP31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Welland, ON
Posts: 1,696
vCash: 500
My two biggest steals would prob be M Richards for 7 and Cammalleri for 5 which I sold for 11

CP31 is online now  
Old
02-01-2013, 01:33 AM
  #917
presidentCarter
The Price is Wrong
 
presidentCarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 442
vCash: 500
Anyone else find the Superstar tourney's easier than the Pro ones? Weird...

I've had this game for just over a month now (1 month 10 days to be exact) and as I was a freak in '12 HUT (#1 rank monthly at one point) I find 12's HUT was way better, as I didn't spend a single penny. Let me know what you think of my current team:

Hall - RNH(C) - Eberle(A)
Getzlaf(LW) - Spezza - Carter [all OTT]
Raymond - Kesler (A)- Pominville
Korpikoski - Vermette - Boedker

McDonagh - Doughty (beasts)
OEL - Burns
Ehrhoff - Green

Smith
Rask

Would love to get my hands on a OEL SOTW as I'm a big Yotes fan. I never get **** in packs except Zetty & Lehtonen (both sold, 65k combined). Still looking for that super reliable tender & would like better wings on 3rd, 4th lines. Been browsing this thread a bit but any advice much appreciated.
P.S I'm on xbox, if that helps. Thanks


Last edited by presidentCarter: 02-01-2013 at 02:02 AM.
presidentCarter is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 02:23 AM
  #918
Dyingfetus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
just got a rnh for 9500, how much do you think i can sell him back for?

Dyingfetus is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 09:27 AM
  #919
sniper515
Registered User
 
sniper515's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brampton
Country: Canada
Posts: 110
vCash: 500
Marleau-Kesler-Kessel(A) All San Jose
Couture-Roy-D.Brown All San Jose
Vanek(Changed to SJ)-Grabovski(A)-Pomminville
MacArthur-Lombardi-Simmonds

What do you guys think of my forwards? Anywhere I should look to improve?

Also if anyone is interested I've got JVR, Kulemin, Stepan and J. Bernier available for trade/sale not expecting much interest in them though

sniper515 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 09:50 AM
  #920
CP31
Registered User
 
CP31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Welland, ON
Posts: 1,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyingfetus View Post
just got a rnh for 9500, how much do you think i can sell him back for?
12-13?

CP31 is online now  
Old
02-01-2013, 10:53 AM
  #921
CP31
Registered User
 
CP31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Welland, ON
Posts: 1,696
vCash: 500
Hey guys what do u think I could sell a Pacioretty for?

CP31 is online now  
Old
02-01-2013, 01:14 PM
  #922
Falco5
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 363
vCash: 500
I'm looking to finally upgrade my 1st line center and want to know your thoughts some players. I have been using Lombardi since I started playing HUT and I love playing with him but he is now one of the weaker spots in my line up. He would be centering Marleau and Havlat on an offense oriented line. Some options:

Duchene, Kane, Zetterberg, SOTW Lecavalier, SOTW J Staal, SOTW Backstrom, SOTW Roy

Which do you recommend or are there any others I am missing? My basic requirements are they must be relatively speedy (88+), left handed, solid on faceoffs, and under 70K.

Falco5 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 01:54 PM
  #923
Jacob8hockey*
Maple Leaf Fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco5 View Post
I'm looking to finally upgrade my 1st line center and want to know your thoughts some players. I have been using Lombardi since I started playing HUT and I love playing with him but he is now one of the weaker spots in my line up. He would be centering Marleau and Havlat on an offense oriented line. Some options:

Duchene, Kane, Zetterberg, SOTW Lecavalier, SOTW J Staal, SOTW Backstrom, SOTW Roy

Which do you recommend or are there any others I am missing? My basic requirements are they must be relatively speedy (88+), left handed, solid on faceoffs, and under 70K.
Pick up both Duchene and Kane for less than 70k. Will be a great deal for you in the end.

Jacob8hockey* is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 02:03 PM
  #924
Joel Ward
The Legend Continues
 
Joel Ward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdybeat View Post
Jealous of the SOTW Sharks line, I have that line but only a Pavs SOTW and normal Thornton with an A. I am saving up for the SOTW Marleau next, seems hard to find the SOTW Thornton. I posted my lineup above, and I love Zetter on the line with Kesler. The RW slot I went with a LH shot on Nash, but if you get a SNP or PWF you can keep 99 chem.

Good luck with your lineup in the Playoffs! I just got mine tuned up and ready, with some duration cards ready to roll.
I was thinking about Zetterberg and maybe Jeff Carter. Still having a tough time finding people who are willing to offer up a fair deal for Hossa and Backstrom. Good luck with the playoffs, let me know how you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
That's exactly what I wanna have as my new top line as well because my current top line of SOTW Fleischmann - SOTW Legwand - SOTW Semin isn't very good although Semin is decent. I'll put an A or a C on SOTW Thornton to make sure they're all 90+ SKT.
I love using the Sharks when I play online, and I usually dominate with them so hopefully with boosted stats that'll transfer to HUT.

Joel Ward is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 03:03 PM
  #925
AtlasRust
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 202
vCash: 500
For trade on 360

SOTW Anderson
SOTW M. Subban
Semin
Carlson
Legwand
Neal

Plus a few others. Interested in pucks more than players unless you're willing to part with a P. Kane or Giroux. Send a message to Atlas Rust on XBL. HF discount applies.

AtlasRust is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.