HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Sports Radio Thread Part VIII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2013, 10:57 AM
  #301
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Registered User
 
Donnie Shulzhoffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Foxboro, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Minihane completely dismantles the article and the writer of it.

http://audio.weei.com/a/70319127/20-...ine-column.htm

Donnie Shulzhoffer is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:50 AM
  #302
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 18,795
vCash: 500
The instant I hear "Ray Lewis" I turn off the radio or TV.

Artemis is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:27 PM
  #303
schmautzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
Isn't Montville still around and writing?

Here's one for you....Ray Fitzgerald. That guy right there was worth the price of a subs.
Subs used to be better back then too.

schmautzy is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:28 PM
  #304
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86
 
Guiledoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Bing, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
Minihane completely dismantles the article and the writer of it.

http://audio.weei.com/a/70319127/20-...ine-column.htm
Shocking. Kirk Minihane has an axe to grind with someone. Cannot stand that guy.

Guiledoom is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:30 PM
  #305
bruins309
Krejci Fight Club
 
bruins309's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Iceland
Posts: 2,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
have to disagree my man. There is a reason there is no hockey representation when folks talk about the golden age of Mcdounough, Gammons, and Ryan. Fran Rosa and Tom Fitzgerald were pedestrian writers at best. Completely vanilla and formulaic. Hard to believe now but when KPD first came on the scene he really was a breath of fresh air compared to those two. They say D. Leo Monahan was a good one, but we weren't a Herald family so I can't speak to that.
Ahhh, Tom Fitzgerald. Probably best known not for any writing that he did, but for his horrible performance during the Bobby Orr number retirement ceremony. He spent the almost the whole time telling the crowd to shut up and then pretty much butchering anything else he said.

It's on Youtube in several parts. I invite everyone to go see for themselves.

Anyway: I'm shocked that Minihane attacked the Boston Magazine writer. What a microphone tough guy. He's just proving the author's point.

bruins309 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:35 PM
  #306
hoss75
Registered User
 
hoss75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cambridge, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins309 View Post
Anyway: I'm shocked that Minihane attacked the Boston Magazine writer. What a microphone tough guy. He's just proving the author's point.
Yeah, I felt the same way. Like a defense attorney at work: the witness may be smarter than him but being loud and talking a lot still goes further than anything else.

hoss75 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:36 PM
  #307
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Registered User
 
Donnie Shulzhoffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Foxboro, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins309 View Post
Ahhh, Tom Fitzgerald. Probably best known not for any writing that he did, but for his horrible performance during the Bobby Orr number retirement ceremony. He spent the almost the whole time telling the crowd to shut up and then pretty much butchering anything else he said.

It's on Youtube in several parts. I invite everyone to go see for themselves.

Anyway: I'm shocked that Minihane attacked the Boston Magazine writer. What a microphone tough guy. He's just proving the author's point.
Curious if you actually listened to all of it. Kirk was stating facts keeping a calm and two way conversation with him.

Donnie Shulzhoffer is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:45 PM
  #308
Pie O My
Registered User
 
Pie O My's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shawmut Center
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss75 View Post
Yeah, I felt the same way. Like a defense attorney at work: the witness may be smarter than him but being loud and talking a lot still goes further than anything else.
like Howie Carr used to say - If you've got the facts on your side, pound the facts. If you've got the law on your side, pound the law. If you've got neither the facts nor the law, pound the table.

what are you guys talking about? Is this that Mutt and Jeff show i keep reading about on here?

Pie O My is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:55 PM
  #309
hoss75
Registered User
 
hoss75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cambridge, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
like Howie Carr used to say - If you've got the facts on your side, pound the facts. If you've got the law on your side, pound the law. If you've got neither the facts nor the law, pound the table.

what are you guys talking about? Is this that Mutt and Jeff show i keep reading about on here?
Siegel writes an article about how boston sports media is bad. Has a lot of good points but plenty of holes. Guy goes on Minihane and gets interviewed. Minihane does a good job of pulling at the loose threads of the article, but ultimately it's still a cross examination which supports one major point of the article.
Not worth delving into, more forum members have made better arguments about why Boston media sucks than I can count with a calculator.

hoss75 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 04:10 PM
  #310
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew
 
Kelly23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 5,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
The instant I hear "Ray Lewis" I turn off the radio or TV.
Same I only stay if there talking Bruins, or change it to music.

Kelly23 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:46 PM
  #311
GordonHowe
Registered User
 
GordonHowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dorchester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,229
vCash: 500
Remember: Clark Booth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
Same I only stay if there talking Bruins, or change it to music.
The real New England deal.

http://nocera.blogs.nytimes.com/2012...t-clark-booth/


And basketball Bob Ryan (no KPD, never ever, Hall Of Shame).

GordonHowe is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:20 AM
  #312
hoss75
Registered User
 
hoss75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cambridge, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonHowe View Post
The real New England deal.

http://nocera.blogs.nytimes.com/2012...t-clark-booth/


And basketball Bob Ryan (no KPD, never ever, Hall Of Shame).
He lost me at "Shaughnessy, the great Boston Globe sports columnist"

hoss75 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:52 AM
  #313
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist
 
BlackNgold 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,484
vCash: 500
The people who call up felger and mazz are incredible.. how they never get names right is almost comedic relief at the end of the day. Some called Khudobin k doberman yesterday. I nearly shat myself.

BlackNgold 84 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 05:53 PM
  #314
GordonHowe
Registered User
 
GordonHowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dorchester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,229
vCash: 500
30 Rock's Luv 4 NHL (Check B's bits)

I certainly wasn't going to start a thread about it, and I never did watch "30 Rock," but some funny NHL references. Look for the B's bits.

Courtesy New York magazine by way of Puck Daddy,

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...tml#more-49376

GordonHowe is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 06:01 PM
  #315
doubleminor138
Call me Snake
 
doubleminor138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northeast
Country: United States
Posts: 14,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
The people who call up felger and mazz are incredible.. how they never get names right is almost comedic relief at the end of the day. Some called Khudobin k doberman yesterday. I nearly shat myself.
With a last name that is fairly challenging to pronounce, I always marvel at people who unapologetically butcher the names of eastern european and scandinavian players. I know some of them are challenging...but if they are a point of conversation, do a little homework.

__________________
Terry Tomasi / Backin72

A true fan who will always be remembered.
doubleminor138 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 06:44 PM
  #316
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86
 
Guiledoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Bing, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
The people who call up felger and mazz are incredible.. how they never get names right is almost comedic relief at the end of the day. Some called Khudobin k doberman yesterday. I nearly shat myself.
Heyyyy so I like that goalie kid "Hooblin" the Bruins have. He's like reaaaaal good duude. Probably better thank Tooka.

Guiledoom is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:17 PM
  #317
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Registered User
 
Donnie Shulzhoffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Foxboro, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,103
vCash: 500
So I tune into Sports Night after the game and Felger gives two or three opinions before he admits he saw some of the game on Mazz's mobile phone and could'nt make out much.

Enjoy New Orleans you football loving hockey fraud.

Donnie Shulzhoffer is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:15 PM
  #318
Bone for your jar
Registered User
 
Bone for your jar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston, Mass.
Posts: 2,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
So I tune into Sports Night after the game and Felger gives two or three opinions before he admits he saw some of the game on Mazz's mobile phone and could'nt make out much.

Enjoy New Orleans you football loving hockey fraud.
Might be tough getting NESN in the French Quarter.

Bone for your jar is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:19 PM
  #319
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator
 
CamFan81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 18,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
So I tune into Sports Night after the game and Felger gives two or three opinions before he admits he saw some of the game on Mazz's mobile phone and could'nt make out much.

Enjoy New Orleans you football loving hockey fraud.
He's a fraud
but hey at least he talks more about hockey than eei...

CamFan81 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:45 PM
  #320
Bone for your jar
Registered User
 
Bone for your jar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston, Mass.
Posts: 2,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
He's a fraud
but hey at least he talks more about hockey than eei...
I've made my share of criticisms of the ole' DB, but I'd say if anything he's actually the opposite of a fraud. He's transparent. His enthusiasm for the game is evident, but so is his lack of expertise. And he doesn't make an effort to pretend that he knows more than he does. Sure he comes up with some ridiculous opinions, but he's not fooling anyone (hell, his sillyness is part of his shtick), he knows that, we know that, and he knows that we know that.

Bone for your jar is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:51 PM
  #321
Pie O My
Registered User
 
Pie O My's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shawmut Center
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
He's a fraud
but hey at least he talks more about hockey than eei...
He's forgotten more about hockey than eei will ever know.

Pie O My is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 08:30 AM
  #322
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Registered User
 
Donnie Shulzhoffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Foxboro, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
He's a fraud
but hey at least he talks more about hockey than eei...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone for your jar View Post
I've made my share of criticisms of the ole' DB, but I'd say if anything he's actually the opposite of a fraud. He's transparent. His enthusiasm for the game is evident, but so is his lack of expertise. And he doesn't make an effort to pretend that he knows more than he does. Sure he comes up with some ridiculous opinions, but he's not fooling anyone (hell, his sillyness is part of his shtick), he knows that, we know that, and he knows that we know that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
He's forgotten more about hockey than eei will ever know.
I never made a comparison to WEEI with this so I don't know why it is brought up.

I stand corrected though, he is not a fraud. But I do feel going on Sports Tonight after the game and start opining about a game that you admit you haven't watched is fraudulent.


Last edited by Donnie Shulzhoffer: 02-01-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Donnie Shulzhoffer is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 08:32 AM
  #323
Shaun
All Aboard
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,877
vCash: 500
Dougie The Destroyer is going on Toucher and Rich at 8:40.

Shaun is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 08:51 AM
  #324
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator
 
CamFan81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 18,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone for your jar View Post
I've made my share of criticisms of the ole' DB, but I'd say if anything he's actually the opposite of a fraud. He's transparent. His enthusiasm for the game is evident, but so is his lack of expertise. And he doesn't make an effort to pretend that he knows more than he does. Sure he comes up with some ridiculous opinions, but he's not fooling anyone (hell, his sillyness is part of his shtick), he knows that, we know that, and he knows that we know that.
i couldn't disagree more.

The only reason his "lack of expertise" is transparent is because WE as diehard fans can see it not because he lets it out there to be known. Sure he'll admit when he's wrong, long after he's belittled and ridiculed whomever disagrees with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone for your jar View Post
And he doesn't make an effort to pretend that he knows more than he does.
That might be the most untrue of all your statements. He ABSOLUTELY pretends to know more than he does. Both Kessel Picks for kovalchuk rental ring a bell? Thomas 1st vezina was a fluke? You couldn't debate those points with him. (theres many man more examples)

Also, where he's most fraudulent is how he went on and on about how 98.5 was not going to ignore hockey and make fun of the fans and pull the same crap that weei did. Yet last year, during a phenomenal month of hockey in November you couldn't get more than 5 minutes of talk because of Tebow.

Ever since last fall when the patriots had a big enough divisional lead that Both Mazz and Felger said that the rest of the season (until playoffs) was going to be boring so lets talk TEBOW for 2 months was when i had enough. I haven't listened since.

I keep an eye out here and if there's a particular interview that you guys suggest or event that was talked about I may try and get the audio. But honestly, I hear more about the bruins from listening to Toronto / Montreal sports radio that mixed with Pandora has made me delete the 98.5 bookmark from my work comp.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
I never made a comparison to WEEI with this so I don't know why it is brought up.
sorry it was my failed attempt at humor (happens often). Often, when someone voices their displeasure about felger the "he's better than Weei" copout is usually right around the corner.


Last edited by CamFan81: 02-01-2013 at 08:57 AM.
CamFan81 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 08:57 AM
  #325
Therick67
Registered User
 
Therick67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: South of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 4,707
vCash: 500
Felger has passion for the game. I can't think of anyone else on either station who does.

Therick67 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.