HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Mike Cammalleri

Old
02-01-2013, 09:05 AM
Stryker Island

vCash: 500
Mike Cammalleri

His contract is atrocious, and he's not playing very well this season. What sort of return would the Flames see on #13?

Stryker Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:13 AM
ulysse84

2nd round MAX and salary dump

14M.. for 2 years ... big joke

CAP 6M.

ulysse84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:48 AM
General Granny*

Will give you a 3rd rounder from Ottawa.

General Granny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Halifaxhab*

just last season Habs fans heard all about how we "lost out huge" on that deal. Camm was "stolen" for spare parts...etc.

So, now ?

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:09 AM
TylerSVT*

I would probably take a 2nd rounder for him at this point.

Guy was not "great" last year and has looked downright awful this year.

How he ever got a 6M dollar contract is beyond me.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:13 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Man I love this guy, but during the end with the Habs I noticed that he stopped battling along the boards. IMO he started getting hurt often, so maybe he didn't want to risk getting hurt again, but he just became so soft.

I don't think you can get much for him now, but the Flames aren't going anywhere, so I would keep him and next year, at the 2014 trade deadline I think you can get a good return, he would be a pending UFA so teams won't be afraid of his cap hit, and the guy comes to play when the games count.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:13 AM
Method Man
Bring the Pain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
just last season Habs fans heard all about how we "lost out huge" on that deal. Camm was "stolen" for spare parts...etc.

So, now ?
I would still rather have Cammalleri than Bourque. Cammalleri is struggling right now because for some unknown reason he just isn't shooting. Once he starts doing that he will start looking like himself, I didn't check the numbers yesterday but he had only taken 3 shots in the first 4 games and for Cammalleri to succeed he needs to be taking at least 3 shots per game.

Method Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:17 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
I would still rather have Cammalleri than Bourque. Cammalleri is struggling right now because for some unknown reason he just isn't shooting. Once he starts doing that he will start looking like himself, I didn't check the numbers yesterday but he had only taken 3 shots in the first 4 games and for Cammalleri to succeed he needs to be taking at least 3 shots per game.
Bourque sucked last year but he is doing great this year. It's too bad that we could not get a 1st for Cammalleri considering Calgary will be a lottery team this year. But Bourque and a 2nd is still fair value.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:19 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
he's tip toeing. He seems unsure to me. Cammy can be a great goal scorer, but only if he gets to the slot area like he has in the past.

Bourque, when he puts in the effort, he makes a solid 2nd line "complimentary" winger....as in a big guy who can draw traffic and tap in a few. He seems on a mission this year....but we'll see in 10 games.

My point was that the way the trade shook out it wan't as lopsided as some thought. Holland is showing some flashes and could become an NHLer in a couple more seasons. But, the pick may turn out to be what decides it. It could be a very good prospect.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:19 AM
Method Man
Bring the Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Bourque sucked last year but he is doing great this year. It's too bad that we could not get a 1st for Cammalleri considering Calgary will be a lottery team this year. But Bourque and a 2nd is still fair value.
Bourque being off the Flames is addition by subtraction. And I think Ramo will be worth the 2nd when he comes over.

And like I said I am sure Cammalleri will break out of this when he starts shooting the puck some more.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:21 AM
Method Man
Bring the Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
he's tip toeing. He seems unsure to me. Cammy can be a great goal scorer, but only if he gets to the slot area like he has in the past.

Bourque, when he puts in the effort, he makes a solid 2nd line "complimentary" winger....as in a big guy who can draw traffic and tap in a few. He seems on a mission this year....but we'll see in 10 games.

My point was that the way the trade shook out it wan't as lopsided as some thought. Holland is showing some flashes and could become an NHLer in a couple more seasons. But, the pick may turn out to be what decides it. It could be a very good prospect.
Ramo is still teh key to that trade, if he comes across next year and looks good it could still very much be lopsided in Calgary's favor. Even with Cammalleri's struggles I have zero doubt he will produce more than Bourque would have. I wish Rene the best of luck in Montreal and hope the deal works out for both teams but Bourque was mailing it in in Calgary and him being off the roster is a blessing.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:24 AM
penzweiser

I'd give up a 2ND

penzweiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:26 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Ramo is still teh key to that trade, if he comes across next year and looks good it could still very much be lopsided in Calgary's favor. Even with Cammalleri's struggles I have zero doubt he will produce more than Bourque would have. I wish Rene the best of luck in Montreal and hope the deal works out for both teams but Bourque was mailing it in in Calgary and him being off the roster is a blessing.
Not that its impossible, but Bourque has outscored Cammy for the past 3 years

Old
02-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Method Man
Bring the Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Not that its impossible, but Bourque has outscored Cammy for the past 3 years
You know except for last year. Unless in Montreal 18 goals and 24 points is higher than 20 goals and 41 points.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:52 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

my bad, was looking at stats before the trade.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:59 AM
Method Man
Bring the Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
my bad, was looking at stats before the trade.
their numbers were similar the 2 season prior with Bourque getting the edge because of games played.

Like I said though, I hope Bourque does well for the Habs, but it was clear his time in Calgary was finished. If here were still a Flame I doubt he would be any better than he was last year for us. Where as Cammalleri is struggling out of the gate, but I am sure he will rebound when he starts playing his game again. I can't help but wonder if he is not 100% since he took a shot to the teeth in a scrimmage just prior to the lockout ending

Old
02-01-2013, 11:08 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
3 points in 6 games is great? He has played well but your expectations for him seem low.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:13 AM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

No point in moving Cammy right now. He has had a bad start. Hold on to him until the deadline and he will fetch a 1st from someone.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:19 AM
jpchabby
Drive for 25

he may not be doing great, but if the Flames did the playoffs, you would think he deserves his salary. The guy is a playoff beast.

But yeah 6M is a lot.

jpchabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:25 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
3 points in 6 games is great? He has played well but your expectations for him seem low.
Watch the games. Points are not everything. Bourque has a lot of jump this season. Plekanec is doing much better because of Bourque's plays. He could have easily scored 3/4 more goals at this point.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:27 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Watch the games. Points are not everything. Bourque has a lot of jump this season. Plekanec is doing much better because of Bourque's plays. He could have easily scored 3/4 more goals at this point.
I have watched that is a decent Bourque but that isn't a great Bourque, when he is on his game and is trying he looks like the next great power forward.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:28 AM
WhiskeySeven
Retired. Bye.

vCash: 300
Maybe a team like Nashville would like him?

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I have watched that is a decent Bourque but that isn't a great Bourque, when he is on his game and is trying he looks like the next great power forward.
You haven't watched at all. Bourque has been pretty damn good this season. He is forechecking hard, causing turnovers, creating chances for himself and his linemates. He's winning board battles. There is literally nothing to complain about in Bourque's game so far this season, he looks like a changed man. Him, Plekanec and Gionta are gelling so well, that no one wants to split up the line to get the others going.

I defended Bourque last year and he's impressing me so far.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:49 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
You haven't watched at all. Bourque has been pretty damn good this season. He is forechecking hard, causing turnovers, creating chances for himself and his linemates. He's winning board battles. There is literally nothing to complain about in Bourque's game so far this season, he looks like a changed man. Him, Plekanec and Gionta are gelling so well, that no one wants to split up the line to get the others going.

Thanks I sometimes forget the difference between the Canadiens and Leafs, he has been good just not great if you think that is great then your expectations are low he can be a dominate player when he wants to be.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post

Oh dear.

I'll see you in another ten games when you are pulling your hair out and trying to figure out where this magical Bourque has gone.

Hopefully I'm wrong but he has to be one of the most maddening players I've ever watched.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote