HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Inform me of the Avalanche

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 01:06 PM
Mouse21*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
It's very possible that after tomorrow, the Coyotes are going to move somewhere after this season finishes. I have decided to make the Avalanche my next favorite team due to the fact they are in close vicinity to where I live, as well as not being a division foe right now.

What about the Avalanche are positives, negatives, etc. What does the future hold, what is the plan from management.
seriously dude, dont pick the Avs. please.
you dont want to do this to yourself, just pick somewhere else while you still can. seriously. you dont want to be a part of this.

positives:
Duchene
Landeskog
Varlamov.

negatives:
rest of the roster
entire management
cheap owners
entire staff, especially the worst coach in the league, Sacco

team is going absolutely nowhere anytime soon.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:10 PM
Elever
Hth

It's a damn frustrating team to follow and I'm not sure if they'll ever spend enough to win a cup. My advice is to follow a more exciting team to watch on the ice even if it has problems and one capable of winning a cup some day. The Flyers are this team imo, very exciting style pretty much always, have $ to spend, and a solid fan base. NYR as well minus the exciting part at times.

I think Edmonton will fit this mold too. Team with $ and a good core. It's just that it's very hard to cheer for Edmonton after the BS way this team has built itself and their fans on HF. I cheer for the Avs then the Leafs then any other Canadian team but I find it hard to cheer for Edmonton now.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:47 PM
marioni

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantSakicAsMyGM View Post
You forgot one.

We can't get a power play on blatent violations, and don't know what to do when we actually get the man advantage.

McLeod gets a high stick to the face and a nice cut as a result, he gets a 2 minute penalty for complaining about it. This is Avs hockey.
Avs hockey = Lando gets hit to the head. Ends in 4 min powerplay to SJ Sharks. When it rains...

Old
01-31-2013, 01:50 PM
marioni

Quote:
It's very possible that after tomorrow, the Coyotes are going to move somewhere after this season finishes. I have decided to make the Avalanche my next favorite team due to the fact they are in close vicinity to where I live, as well as not being a division foe right now.

What about the Avalanche are positives, negatives, etc. What does the future hold, what is the plan from management.
You know what, we're a proud team that's being let down by our coach and our management.

If you choose Avs, then I congratulate you on your choice and while we have some good young players, be ready for some suffering in the near term...

Old
01-31-2013, 01:52 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Throwball>>>>>>>>>>soccer
I beg to differ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post
Another deadline. If Jamison doesn't have the money the lease agreement expires. It isn't a deal-killer, but it does mean starting much of the process over again. And at this point the entire thing already looks like a joke. The league is obviously desperate to keep a franchise in Phoenix, but I'm not sure how much more time they'll give Jamison to get his act and funds together.
Thanks for the info!

Old
01-31-2013, 02:04 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

If I can survive choosing the Buffalo Bills, he can survive choosing the Avs.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:20 PM
finds71

This franchise is at a turning point, and most of us can feel it. Very quickly choices will have to be made, and we will see if they are willing to spend or not. The avs are at the crossroad. They have a good core of young players (not deep enough for me). If they want to go back into the playoff, they will have to sign some good veterans. As a perfect example, our goaltending situation is pretty good. We have a young Varly with lots of potential, and a good veteran backup in Giguere. We simply need to repeat the pattern with the other positions. We need 1 or 2 good veteran to play with EJ and tomorrow with Elliott, Barrie and Siemens. And some other to play with Duchene, Landy...
If not the team will progress a little bit, but not enough to make the playoff anytime soon, and we won`t even have the reward of picking high anymore.
But like I said earlier in this post, I would still like the avs to add some solid prospects this year, and really I wouldn`t mind a lottery pick.
Let`s make sure that by next year we get somebody to play with EJ (trade/ufa)
Let`s make sure we sign some good veterans to help the young forwards
And let the team mature, while some new young prospect crack the lineup, that`s how you build a winning team... And I`m sure within 2 years the team is in good shape.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:35 PM
avsfan09

^^Also Thiss^^^

I really don't understand where people are coming from when they say we aren't willing to spend. The Avs are trying to create a dynasty. You can't do that by just outbidding teams free agency. You have to make sure your spending money on the right players.

It was confirmed they made offers to both Parise and Suter last summer of around 7 million. You don't make offers like that if you aren't willing to spend. They made a nice signing with Parenteau. Our Owner has also come out and said that we are willing to spend.

People will always find something to complain about and that is really apparent on this board. Management has shown they are willing to spend. Preserving the future while actively improving the team seems to be management's strategy. So far nothing would make me think otherwise.

There's no reason not to be excited about this team. Every year Sherman's been on board they have added important pieces. If we fall to bottom five this year we are going to be getting an enormous piece towards the future. Anyone not optimistic about the Avs is being really irrational.

/end rant

Old
01-31-2013, 03:40 PM
Mouse21*

create a dynasty? lol IDK about that dude.
there are tons of reasons to not be excited about this team. every year we hear the same old thing, but guess what? nothing improves. the team is still bottom 10. only the varlamov trade has made this team better.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:02 PM
avsfan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse21 View Post
there are tons of reasons to not be excited about this team. every year we hear the same old thing, but guess what? nothing improves. the team is still bottom 10. only the varlamov trade has made this team better.
The rebuild really started with Duchene. So it's been three years? Look how long the Oilers have been rebuilding. Were have key players in all positions. Were better off than them and have spent less time rebuilding.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:07 PM
Mouse21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan09 View Post
The rebuild really started with Duchene. So it's been three years? Look how long the Oilers have been rebuilding. Were have key players in all positions. Were better off than them and have spent less time rebuilding.
nooo we are not even close to better off than the oilers lol. this team sucks dude.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:11 PM
avsfan09

Quote:
nooo we are not even close to better off than the oilers lol. this team sucks dude.
Whatever you say.

Old
01-31-2013, 07:33 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
you dont want to do this to yourself, just pick somewhere else while you still can. seriously. you dont want to be a part of this.
Oh cmon, I've been a Coyotes fan for a long time. If I can withstand what the Coyotes put me through, I can handle the Avalanche. I'm merely looking at this team just because of the proximity to where I live and not being in my division(I will never turn to a team in my division, I hate them all).

I will still follow the Coyotes wherever they move, but outside of my Miami Dolphins love, if they move to QC, with how much hate that has been poured on to Coyotes fans over the years, I just don't know if I can continue to follow the team outside of the core group of players I have seen GMDM bringthg in and fallen in love with.

That being said, Avalanche, what kind of style game do they play? Obviously, as a Coyotes fan, I'm used to the defensive game, clearing the puck out from the front of the net and not giving the opposing team second chance opportunities. I've fallen in love with this style of play, because as a team that has made the playoffs for 3 years now, it is working. If only we had a bit more offense.

Either way, going to try to watch more Avs games when I get chances, but obviously Coyotes play at the same time, and my allegiance is with my home team.

Old
01-31-2013, 07:52 PM
benzino

Quote:
Oh cmon, I've been a Coyotes fan for a long time. If I can withstand what the Coyotes put me through, I can handle the Avalanche. I'm merely looking at this team just because of the proximity to where I live and not being in my division(I will never turn to a team in my division, I hate them all).

I will still follow the Coyotes wherever they move, but outside of my Miami Dolphins love, if they move to QC, with how much hate that has been poured on to Coyotes fans over the years, I just don't know if I can continue to follow the team outside of the core group of players I have seen GMDM bringthg in and fallen in love with.

That being said, Avalanche, what kind of style game do they play? Obviously, as a Coyotes fan, I'm used to the defensive game, clearing the puck out from the front of the net and not giving the opposing team second chance opportunities. I've fallen in love with this style of play, because as a team that has made the playoffs for 3 years now, it is working. If only we had a bit more offense.

Either way, going to try to watch more Avs games when I get chances, but obviously Coyotes play at the same time, and my allegiance is with my home team.
Umm Avs have no style it's like a AHL system just dump and chase pretty much and the last time the Avs D cleared a puck from our own zone might have been in 2008...

Old
01-31-2013, 09:41 PM
Pirate Deadpool
I hate Minnesota!

vCash: 50
Please let the yotes move to vegas so I can have a team better than the avs!

Old
01-31-2013, 09:53 PM
jfisher6
#thestructure

I think you'll find yourself loving and hating it at times, being an Avs fan. First of all we have arguably the best logo in the league, at least in my opinion. Second, we have a pretty unique color scheme, not just in hockey but all sports, how many burgundy and blue teams are there?

But most of all, we have fun young players. We play VERY fast when we are on our game, and it can be exciting, but also very nerve-wracking to watch. This season we've tended to scramble in our own zone a lot, and we're missing 3 really good forwards to various issues (ACL for Downie, Contract Mumbo Jumbo with ROR, and Landeskog getting his head mashed like potatoes) which has caused us to take a nosedive as far as success goes.

I'd say you'll be rewarded in the long run by being a fan, as we have a bright future, but in the short term it might be a little painful, because as much as some people deny it, we're still rebuilding.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:20 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioni View Post
You know what, we're a proud team that's being let down by our coach and our management.

If you choose Avs, then I congratulate you on your choice and while we have some good young players, be ready for some suffering in the near term...
I concur, But you'll be getting in at rock bottom, so its all uphill from here. Welcome aboard!

Old
01-31-2013, 11:33 PM
PAZ

Siri would coach better than Sacco.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:11 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The U View Post
Please let the yotes move to vegas so I can have a team better than the avs!
I would totally be on board with this!

Old
02-01-2013, 05:23 AM
The Angry Teatowel
@AngryTeatowel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
Second, we have a pretty unique color scheme, not just in hockey but all sports, how many burgundy and blue teams are there?
There are 3 alone in English football that I can think of off the top of my head - Aston Villa, West Ham and Burnley, the former two being very popular examples.

Old
02-01-2013, 08:10 AM
Ceremony
Unravelled

vCash: 131
Quote:

positives:
Duchene
Landeskog
Varlamov.

negatives:
rest of the roster
entire management
cheap owners
entire staff, especially the worst coach in the league, Sacco

team is going absolutely nowhere anytime soon.
Quote:
Quote:
You are very negative.

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Old
02-01-2013, 08:46 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Angry Teatowel View Post
There are 3 alone in English football that I can think of off the top of my head - Aston Villa, West Ham and Burnley, the former two being very popular examples.
Sorry. Real sports.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:05 AM
The Angry Teatowel
@AngryTeatowel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
Sorry. Real sports.
Pathetic trolling attempt given that football is the world's most popular sport

Old
02-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Football

Soccer

Old
02-01-2013, 09:34 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Angry Teatowel View Post
Pathetic trolling attempt given that football is the world's most popular sport
Because most of the world lives in abject poverty. It's tragic that the only thing most of the population of the planet has nothing to follow but that borefest.

Closed Thread