HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blue Bombers 2013 Season Thread (next game: 08/05 @ BC)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2013, 01:38 PM
  #76
King Woodballs
**** This Place
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 34,120
vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Is that just for a straight swap of firsts or for Reilly?

If its just for the firsts I don't see why we would do that...but for Reilly...I don't know.
It was...

Wpg giving 1st 3rd
BC gives 1st Rielly (his rights since he is an upcoming FA)

King Woodballs is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 01:39 PM
  #77
tbcwpg
Registered User
 
tbcwpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Is that just for a straight swap of firsts or for Reilly?

If its just for the firsts I don't see why we would do that...but for Reilly...I don't know.
I read it as our first, our 3rd for Reilly and their 1st.

I'd do it easily.

tbcwpg is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:13 PM
  #78
PaperRockChamp
Registered User
 
PaperRockChamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wpg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,357
vCash: 50
What a boneheaded decision. How valuable do we think a 3rd round pick is?

B.C. probably laughed when Mack tried to give LESS.

PaperRockChamp is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:48 PM
  #79
angrymnky
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 318
vCash: 500
Getting tired the last few years of not signing who we're interested in, or drafting who we want or retaining important players.

angrymnky is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:56 PM
  #80
pegcity
Registered User
 
pegcity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 530
vCash: 500
BC was not allowing the Bombers to talk to Reilly before being traded which was probably the deal breaker. Also, Edmonton guaranteed him the starting job.

pegcity is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:34 PM
  #81
Diatidialga
Registered User
 
Diatidialga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,062
vCash: 500
Well, by the way it's going, this will be the last year we'll have to put up the the Milk and Cookies show

Diatidialga is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:35 PM
  #82
Diatidialga
Registered User
 
Diatidialga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegcity View Post
BC was not allowing the Bombers to talk to Reilly before being traded which was probably the deal breaker. Also, Edmonton guaranteed him the starting job.
Dave Campbell ‏@Dave_CHED
#Eskimos GM Ed Hervey says Mike Reilly was never guaranteed the starters job. Only the oppourtunity to compete for the job. #CFL #yeg

Diatidialga is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:57 PM
  #83
Jet Bomber
\_(ツ)_/
 
Jet Bomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 780
vCash: 500
Reilly is a great prospect.

I do find it funny that everyone thinks he's a lock to be a star though.

Jet Bomber is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 04:28 PM
  #84
King Woodballs
**** This Place
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 34,120
vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Bomber View Post
Reilly is a great prospect.

I do find it funny that everyone thinks he's a lock to be a star though.
who he was/is going to be a star?

he is still better then anything the bombers have

thats the point

King Woodballs is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 04:29 PM
  #85
roccerfeller
whiteout bromantic
 
roccerfeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,851
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Bomber View Post
Reilly is a great prospect.

I do find it funny that everyone thinks he's a lock to be a star though.
Joey Elliott syndrome

roccerfeller is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 04:59 PM
  #86
broinwhyteridge
Registered User
 
broinwhyteridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,692
vCash: 1105
Seems like every other team in the CFL will win the Cup at least twice before these sad sacks get their stuff together.

broinwhyteridge is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 05:14 PM
  #87
blueandgoldguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Greg's River Heights
Posts: 1,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broinwhyteridge View Post
Seems like every other team in the CFL will win the Cup at least twice before these sad sacks get their stuff together.
Sad thing is they have except for Hamilton and Saskatchewan.

Since the Bombers last Grey Cup victory in 1990:

Montreal - 3 Grey Cups
Toronto - 5 Grey Cups
Edmonton - 3 Grey Cups
Calgary - 4 Grey Cups
B.C. - 4 Grey Cups

blueandgoldguy is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 06:12 PM
  #88
Flair Hay
Registered User
 
Flair Hay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,179
vCash: 50
If the Blue don't turn it around this year the media heat will be too much to handle if Reilly works out.

Flair Hay is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 06:19 PM
  #89
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
If the Blue don't turn it around this year the media heat will be too much to handle if Reilly works out.
While I was really hoping for Reilly, I can see why the Bombers might have been hesitant to try to trade for him. He plays a style similiar to an Alex Brink, he is more of a mobile strong arm QB. Winnipeg has been looking to set up a quick hit, west coast style offense for the past few years. Reilly's style is not what we are looking for. Elliott is the "type" (not probably not skill level but type) of QB the Bombers want, not a Reilly type. Meanwhile Edmonton has been looking for a strong arm mobile QB, see the Jyles/Jospeh combo last year. Which is why BB didn't target Porter either (I've been a huge Porter fan for years, rather Porter than Reilly actually).

Unfortunatly outside of Calvillo, Ray, Elliott there is basically no QB in the league starter or backup that play the style we are looking for, at least that has played any time in the league.

Holden Caulfield is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 06:20 PM
  #90
angrymnky
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
If the Blue don't turn it around this year the media heat will be too much to handle if Reilly works out.
Yeah, it's one thing to pass on a guy that does well years down the road but if Reilly shows a lot more than our guys this year or next I think that would be the tipping point for Mack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Winnipeg has been looking to set up a quick hit, west coast style offense for the past few years. Reilly's style is not what we are looking for.
But how can you commit to an offensive plan for years when you can't find the quarterback for it?

angrymnky is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 06:29 PM
  #91
TroubaFan1
Registered User
 
TroubaFan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 895
vCash: 500
It looks like this season is going to look a lot like last season.

TroubaFan1 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 06:47 PM
  #92
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymnky View Post

But how can you commit to an offensive plan for years when you can't find the quarterback for it?
Didn't say I agree, but that's clearly been the plan and they are sticking to it. Not a very smart plan, but it's been the MO since Mack has been brought in.

Holden Caulfield is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:23 PM
  #93
blueandgoldguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Greg's River Heights
Posts: 1,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Didn't say I agree, but that's clearly been the plan and they are sticking to it. Not a very smart plan, but it's been the MO since Mack has been brought in.
If what you're saying is true, and I'm not saying it isn't, then why would Mack bring in Brink in the first place? Guy has some sort of ******* for Brink to keep him around this long you would think. Burke even gave him a start at the end of the season.

For this team to improve, they need to make some significant improvements at SAM, interior of the defensive line and the tackle and gueard position of the O-Line. I would say QB too, but it looks like it's gonna be the same old same old there.

blueandgoldguy is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:38 PM
  #94
broinwhyteridge
Registered User
 
broinwhyteridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,692
vCash: 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroubaFan1 View Post
It looks like this season is going to look a lot like last season.
Except for the higher prices for everything at the game.

broinwhyteridge is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:52 PM
  #95
blueandgoldguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Greg's River Heights
Posts: 1,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broinwhyteridge View Post
Except for the higher prices for everything at the game.
The new stadium may be the only selling point going into next season.

blueandgoldguy is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:10 PM
  #96
PaperRockChamp
Registered User
 
PaperRockChamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wpg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,357
vCash: 50
All I ask is for Mgmt to give me some hope. Show us that you are trying to improve the QB position from every angle possible.

PaperRockChamp is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 01:14 AM
  #97
sully1410
#BandOfBeavers
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,213
vCash: 72
Maybe it's like a #1C you kinda have to draft one.

sully1410 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 09:30 AM
  #98
Jet Bomber
\_(ツ)_/
 
Jet Bomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
who he was/is going to be a star?

he is still better then anything the bombers have

thats the point
That's what I'm talking about though. There's literally nothing to suggest he is better than anything the Bombers have, other than hope and hype.

Don't get me wrong, I think Reilly will probably be a good QB in this league. But it's based on a hunch, not on any sort of concrete evidence. He had one good start and one not so good start. He's had ups and downs, just like a guy like Joey Elliott. Unfortunately for Elliott, his body of work is larger and he's been somewhat handcuffed by the situations he's been placed in. I still think Reilly and Elliott are the best two QB prospects currently in the CFL.

Jet Bomber is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 09:34 AM
  #99
King Woodballs
**** This Place
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 34,120
vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Bomber View Post
That's what I'm talking about though. There's literally nothing to suggest he is better than anything the Bombers have, other than hope and hype.

Don't get me wrong, I think Reilly will probably be a good QB in this league. But it's based on a hunch, not on any sort of concrete evidence. He had one good start and one not so good start.
I understand where you are coming from.

His projected upside is way more then the three qb's the bombers have combined.

So if he is at the same spot as the rest of them currently, why not take the risk.

Especially when you havent had a great qb since Dunnigan.

King Woodballs is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 10:52 AM
  #100
TroubaFan1
Registered User
 
TroubaFan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
I understand where you are coming from.

His projected upside is way more then the three qb's the bombers have combined.

So if he is at the same spot as the rest of them currently, why not take the risk.

Especially when you havent had a great qb since Dunnigan.
Khari was pretty good. If Westwood hits a few of those first quarter field goals, we probably would of won the 01 Grey Cup.


Last edited by TroubaFan1: 02-01-2013 at 11:00 AM.
TroubaFan1 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.