HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Hershey (AHL) and Reading (ECHL) 2012-13 Season

Old
12-28-2012, 02:25 PM
hb11xchamps

vCash: 500
Hershey has Wilkes Barre's number this year. A 2-0 shutout at home and a 4-1 win last night. Holtby with the shutout on Wednesday and Sabs with a solid performance last night. The Bears need to keep this streak going and pick up some wins against teams other then WBS

hb11xchamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Stimpy

Holtby named AHL Goaltender of the Month of December.

Stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Koized

Wow Holtby's stats improved greatly.

Koized is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Rumblick

Maybe his stats are better, but he's been money all season long. During the Oates days, his work kept games from being 3 or 4 goals worse than they were, and he was outright stealing some games.

Rumblick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 10:14 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Any news on Orlov's health?

01-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Rumblick

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
Any news on Orlov's health?
The information wing of the Bears offices would probably say "day-to-day" for him, as well as Stoa and any other injured players. Come to think of it, they'd probably say the same thing for Frank Mathers.

Old
01-03-2013, 01:11 PM
Capagonia

Why did Reading sign another goaltender? Is one of Anderson or Kostenko hurt?

Capagonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 01:36 PM
royals119

Anderson left the team a couple weeks ago for "personal reasons". He isn't playing hockey at all, and may not return. Nothing more specific has been released. Grubauer and Kostenko are both available as of today. If the lockout were to end everyone assumes Grubauer would be gone to Hershey permanently, leaving the Royals with only Kostenko and whatever emergency backup they could find. Either the Royals are being proactive, to have someone available just in case, or they have some inside information that the lockout is about to be settled, and this is Grubauer's replacement. (or there is an undisclosed injury to one of Hershey or Reading's goaltenders)

royals119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Capagonia

Gotcha thanks, I was unaware that Anderson had left the team.

Capagonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 08:57 PM
LetsGoBears

These AHL refs are awful. When a player drags another player on the ice 3+ feet because he is latched on that muh to the stick and you don't immediately call it; the ref should be forfeiting a game check. Getting tired of replays not being shown because Hershey gets chewed out for making the refs look bad and then the refs pull that ****.

LetsGoBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:57 AM
hb11xchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
These AHL refs are awful. When a player drags another player on the ice 3+ feet because he is latched on that muh to the stick and you don't immediately call it; the ref should be forfeiting a game check. Getting tired of replays not being shown because Hershey gets chewed out for making the refs look bad and then the refs pull that ****.
While I agree with this statement, the Bears have bigger things to worry about. The PP needs to improve quickly or this team is another first round exit if they even make it that far. Also French needs to play some players who will actually play physical and hit someone. Clackson has been riding the bench way too long and should be playing.

Old
01-08-2013, 01:01 AM
hb11xchamps

Grubauer and Flemming were called up to Hershey today while Berry and Pope were returned to Reading.

Stoa returned to the lineup this weekend and played well for missing over 2 months.

Orlov and Syner are the injured Bears.

Galiev has played well and looked very confident with Hershey since his stint in Reading. Doesn't seem to float as much and isn't afraid to take guys on anymore. Has also started hitting a lot more.

Sad to see what could have been Holtby's last game playing for Hershey but I think Grubauer will do just fine taking over the reigns from him.

Old
01-08-2013, 04:29 AM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb11xchamps View Post
Grubauer and Flemming were called up to Hershey today while Berry and Pope were returned to Reading.

Stoa returned to the lineup this weekend and played well for missing over 2 months.

Orlov and Syner are the injured Bears.

Galiev has played well and looked very confident with Hershey since his stint in Reading. Doesn't seem to float as much and isn't afraid to take guys on anymore. Has also started hitting a lot more.

Sad to see what could have been Holtby's last game playing for Hershey but I think Grubauer will do just fine taking over the reigns from him.
Cheers, appreciate the updates

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 06:44 PM
NYI365
Let's Go Islanders!

Hey all, quick question from an Isles fan here. I have tix for the AHL Winter Clsssic game between the Bears and WBS Penguins the 19-20. I was wondering any opinion on what i should do regarding the alumni game on the 19? Is it worth going to? I absolutely love the Bears that's why I'm definitely going to the game itself on sunday the 20th, but with the Isles home opener the 19 any recommendations on which game i should go to, isles home opener or alumni game?

NYI365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 11:09 PM
Rumblick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI365 View Post
Hey all, quick question from an Isles fan here. I have tix for the AHL Winter Clsssic game between the Bears and WBS Penguins the 19-20. I was wondering any opinion on what i should do regarding the alumni game on the 19? Is it worth going to? I absolutely love the Bears that's why I'm definitely going to the game itself on sunday the 20th, but with the Isles home opener the 19 any recommendations on which game i should go to, isles home opener or alumni game?
Guaranteed weather at the Islanders game would be the only thing in favor of that choice.

This is a 1-time thing in Hershey, and what I was told today is that the Bears will have a team of nearly all former Calder Cup winners, which should be impressive. Heck, I'd sooner go to the Alumni game than the main one.

Also, as a number of fans have already stated they would boycott the NHL "comeback" game, you can do your part & head to Chocolatetown !!

Old
01-12-2013, 10:28 AM
Rumblick

New York Times story on the history of Hershey

Not a bad little article.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:37 AM
royals119

I don't know if they made any announcement or not, but if you were paying attention to the scrimmage at practice today between the Royals and Capitals you would see that Anderson has returned.

The expectation is that he and Kostenko will be dressed for the Royals game on Wednesday. MacIntyre is called up to Hershey since Sabourin is hurt. I found it interesting that the Bears took MacIntyre over the other two, since he is just on an ECHL contract and the other two are prospects. Obviously he is the more proven player, with Kostenko not looking too good so far and Anderson not having played for over a month. It probably helps the Royals salary cap situation, and it does prevent another AHL team from "stealing" MacIntyre away during the fluctuation that is going on with rosters right now. If the Bears hadn't called him up it is likely another AHL team would have grabbed him at least temporarily while the NHL is sorting out who is going to be where.

royals119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:34 PM
hb11xchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by royals119 View Post
I don't know if they made any announcement or not, but if you were paying attention to the scrimmage at practice today between the Royals and Capitals you would see that Anderson has returned.

The expectation is that he and Kostenko will be dressed for the Royals game on Wednesday. MacIntyre is called up to Hershey since Sabourin is hurt. I found it interesting that the Bears took MacIntyre over the other two, since he is just on an ECHL contract and the other two are prospects. Obviously he is the more proven player, with Kostenko not looking too good so far and Anderson not having played for over a month. It probably helps the Royals salary cap situation, and it does prevent another AHL team from "stealing" MacIntyre away during the fluctuation that is going on with rosters right now. If the Bears hadn't called him up it is likely another AHL team would have grabbed him at least temporarily while the NHL is sorting out who is going to be where.
ManIntyre isn't an ECHL goalie. Hershey already had an AHL rookie in Grubauer (although hasnt played like it) and wasn't going to take the risk of having two young guys there and one sitting the bench. This allows Grubauer to have a backup and Kostenko and Anderson to be playing.

Old
01-18-2013, 07:45 PM
MrMariusz

Wow, these refs in the game today, such incompetence...

MrMariusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:21 PM
Rumblick

Zach Hamill & Matt Beaudoin dealt away today - Hamill to Florida for Casey Wellman, and Beaudoin to Chicago for Peter Leblanc. I'll miss Hamill - thought he'd be better with more support around him - but Beaudoin's easily replaceable.

Old
01-31-2013, 07:12 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumblick View Post
Zach Hamill & Matt Beaudoin dealt away today - Hamill to Florida for Casey Wellman, and Beaudoin to Chicago for Peter Leblanc. I'll miss Hamill - thought he'd be better with more support around him - but Beaudoin's easily replaceable.
What kind of contract did Hamill have? I did like him, one of a very few bright spots on the team this year.

Looks like Doug was trying to get some more offense? Wellman had similar numbers as Hamill and Leblanc looks like he can put up some solid numbers.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:04 AM
RampageNate

Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Rampage fan here looking for some info on Hamill's game.

Wellman can play center or wing but is much better on a wing. Unfortunately, due to callups (Shore), waiver wire losses (James Wright) and injuries (Scott Timmins), the Rampage were having huge issues at center.

Wellman is a great skater and a natural playmaker. Very slick with the puck and a good passer. His one drawback, and it's a big one in this organization, is his inability/lack of desire to play any defense at all.

RampageNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:35 AM
Rumblick

Nate:

Hamill was a regular on the PK up here, so it's an improvement on that side.

Tough to say what his game was. He's a good skater, though not blessed with overwhelming speed (the reason the Bears wanted Wellman). They never seemed to find the right line fit for him (given that we have virtually all the same style of player up front, not a big surprise), but I saw flashes of some real talent. He could see an opening in Florida that wasn't there in DC, and really step up his game given the right parts to work with. I'd heard stories about his work ethic in Providence, but he showed up to play every night for us.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:39 PM
BiPolar Caps
Failure is an option

Anyone know how Schilling has looked at Hershey

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:13 AM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumblick View Post
Nate:

Hamill was a regular on the PK up here, so it's an improvement on that side.

Tough to say what his game was. He's a good skater, though not blessed with overwhelming speed (the reason the Bears wanted Wellman). They never seemed to find the right line fit for him (given that we have virtually all the same style of player up front, not a big surprise), but I saw flashes of some real talent. He could see an opening in Florida that wasn't there in DC, and really step up his game given the right parts to work with. I'd heard stories about his work ethic in Providence, but he showed up to play every night for us.
Little late to the party, but I'd put Hamill as a playmaker that can finish a play. More of an offensive player, but decent enough in his own end being a center.

Bears have picked up 7 of 8 points since the trades and points in the last 5 games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Anyone know how Schilling has looked at Hershey
I would say he progression curve flattened out a bit this year. His positioning is the biggest issue I've noticed. I would love to see Stafford benched/traded so Schilling could get consistent game/ice time.