HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Jets @ Lightning | Friday February 1st | 6:30 CST | MS Paint Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-01-2013, 07:31 AM
  #1
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
Pavelec4MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 30,873
vCash: 50
Jets @ Lightning | Friday February 1st | 6:30 CST | MS Paint Edition





















*Note. Lineup is subject to change. Especially after last nights fiasco*

__________________
Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player

Last edited by Pavelec4MVP: 02-01-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Pavelec4MVP is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 07:33 AM
  #2
RonJon
Registered User
 
RonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 655
vCash: 50
FIRST wooohooo

Great GDT King. As much as we needed yesterdays points todays seem impossible BUT thats why we play the game. Go Jets Go

RonJon is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 07:37 AM
  #3
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,848
vCash: 406
Awesome stuff KW! Too funny. More than the Jets deserve.

I have no idea what to predict for tonight: given how well Tampa is playing, this is the kind of game that the Jets usually get up for. Some consistency would be nice.

YWGinYYZ is online now  
Old
02-01-2013, 07:42 AM
  #4
Prot
Registered User
 
Prot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 744
vCash: 100
Nice job!

What team will show up tonight? Will anybody sit? Will Montoya get the start?

It's a crapshoot. I literally have no idea which team is going to show up. But like Wheeler said, " If we have trouble getting up for tomorrow's game, then we have a problem."

Now that I agree with.

Man I'd love to see Noel light a fire under their ass. The Jets are better than this.

Prot is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 07:53 AM
  #5
Soble
Registered User
 
Soble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 466
vCash: 50
Laughed out loud at work, great job King!

I hope we can keep things close tonight, get an early lead and hang on at least for OT. These situations (back to back and team struggling) call for lineup shakeups. Wouldn't mind seeing Peluso in there in place of Thor or Welly. And of course the Shoeman in the pipes.

Soble is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 08:00 AM
  #6
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
Pavelec4MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 30,873
vCash: 50
Thanks for the compliments

There may end being another pic or two added as the day goes along.

Pavelec4MVP is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 08:04 AM
  #7
JETSyyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 108
vCash: 500
hahaha awesome gdt!

JETSyyc is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 08:07 AM
  #8
SensibleGuy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,274
vCash: 50
Jets win this one...5-4 OT win.

SensibleGuy is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 08:10 AM
  #9
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar
 
Grind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 3,705
vCash: 500
SO i got pretty disappointed with last nights game, and I'll admit i wasn't REALLY watching, but I did not see anything i didn't like from Zach Redmond. I didn't check out the GDT or PGT, did i miss some blatant errors or do we like redmond?


I hope we see more of him. 2 losses in a row, i'd love to see schiefele draw in, but unfortunately his two replacements (wright and wellwood) haven't looked like the weak links IMO, so i don't know if it gets done. But i'd love to see him get in there.

Eitherway, got a hockey game of my own tonight so i won't be watching, hope we can bring home the W.

Grind is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 08:20 AM
  #10
RonJon
Registered User
 
RonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 655
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
Nice job!

What team will show up tonight? Will anybody sit? Will Montoya get the start?

It's a crapshoot. I literally have no idea which team is going to show up. But like Wheeler said, " If we have trouble getting up for tomorrow's game, then we have a problem."
Now that I agree with.

Man I'd love to see Noel light a fire under their ass. The Jets are better than this.
I hate stuff like this. They get paid millions of dollars to play a game. They should have zero problem getting up for any game

RonJon is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 08:25 AM
  #11
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,848
vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJon View Post
I hate stuff like this. They get paid millions of dollars to play a game. They should have zero problem getting up for any game
Couldn't agree more.

Grind: I liked Redmond's game - really solid for his first game. Logged a ton of minutes, and didn't have too many glaring errors. One of the few big positives.

YWGinYYZ is online now  
Old
02-01-2013, 08:27 AM
  #12
SCP Guy
Registered User
 
SCP Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Peg
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,759
vCash: 50
A 0-3 road trip will turn this bromance we have going on into a Taylor Swift song


Great GDT!!!!!

SCP Guy is online now  
Old
02-01-2013, 08:40 AM
  #13
bigplay41
BIG MEECH
 
bigplay41's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,145
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Tampa #1 on the PP at home. Jets #30 on the PK this could get ugly

bigplay41 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 08:46 AM
  #14
RonJon
Registered User
 
RonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 655
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
Tampa #1 on the PP at home. Jets #30 on the PK this could get ugly
So your saying theres a chance!

RonJon is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 08:48 AM
  #15
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,966
vCash: 234
This game is going to be interesting. I'm predicting a loss, but maybe they'll play like they give a damn tonight. :/

DespoticNewt is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 09:07 AM
  #16
mzappa
Jets fans in space
 
mzappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,781
vCash: 50
King Woodballs with the MS Paint!!! my fav!

Everyone remember when we were 3-1-1?

those sure were the Glory Days, weren' they?


mzappa is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 09:16 AM
  #17
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,539
vCash: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
SO i got pretty disappointed with last nights game, and I'll admit i wasn't REALLY watching, but I did not see anything i didn't like from Zach Redmond. I didn't check out the GDT or PGT, did i miss some blatant errors or do we like redmond?


I hope we see more of him. 2 losses in a row, i'd love to see schiefele draw in, but unfortunately his two replacements (wright and wellwood) haven't looked like the weak links IMO, so i don't know if it gets done. But i'd love to see him get in there.

Eitherway, got a hockey game of my own tonight so i won't be watching, hope we can bring home the W.
Thought Redmond did pretty well, all things considered. His high sticking penalty was pretty undisciplined, and I did notice a few occasions where he got pushed off the puck down low. Still, he seemed to play a pretty smart and controlled game. Logged mucho minutes for his first NHL game, so clearly the Jets staff liked what they saw.

I think Scheifele and Wellwood are a wash at this point. Wellwood is probably capable of making more 'splash' type plays with his passing ability, but honestly, so many cycles and forays into opposition territory are just dying on his stick. I think Scheifele would probably end up being an improvement to the Jets puck possession game.

Hank Chinaski is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 09:33 AM
  #18
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,736
vCash: 1350
Great GDT!

@KingWoodballs is the king.... of wood balls, FYI..

Hopefully the Jets will put in a full effort tonight win or lose, that is all I ask. Go Jets Go!

Time for a musical interlude...

Gump Hasek is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 09:40 AM
  #19
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,176
vCash: 50
Really have no idea what Jets team is going to show up tonight.

Huffer is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 09:41 AM
  #20
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,354
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Really have no idea what Jets team is going to show up tonight.
Same here. I am prepared to just sit back and see what happens. No expectations from me because I haven't the slightest clue what team we see tonight.

Guerzy is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 09:44 AM
  #21
mzappa
Jets fans in space
 
mzappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,781
vCash: 50
We need Bogo and Buff back.

.....and the team to play like they care, if thats not asking too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Same here. I am prepared to just sit back and see what happens. No expectations from me because I haven't the slightest clue what team we see tonight.

mzappa is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 10:01 AM
  #22
Howard Chuck
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Howard Chuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,341
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
A 0-3 road trip will turn this bromance we have going on into a Taylor Swift song


Great GDT!!!!!
LOL, between this post and the awesome GDT in Paint, I'm actually reading the Jets board, laughing & enjoying myself!

Howard Chuck is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 10:04 AM
  #23
Howard Chuck
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Howard Chuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,341
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Thought Redmond did pretty well, all things considered. His high sticking penalty was pretty undisciplined, and I did notice a few occasions where he got pushed off the puck down low. Still, he seemed to play a pretty smart and controlled game. Logged mucho minutes for his first NHL game, so clearly the Jets staff liked what they saw.

I think Scheifele and Wellwood are a wash at this point. Wellwood is probably capable of making more 'splash' type plays with his passing ability, but honestly, so many cycles and forays into opposition territory are just dying on his stick. I think Scheifele would probably end up being an improvement to the Jets puck possession game.
Sheifele may be an improvement in the areas of conditioning and giving a ****, as well.

Throw him in, keep Redmond, Wright and Postma in there and make some of the veteran players question their place on this team.

Howard Chuck is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 10:14 AM
  #24
Lynk
Registered Bro
 
Lynk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,555
vCash: 500
...... Jets win 6-1 I guess.

Whatever.

Lynk is online now  
Old
02-01-2013, 10:14 AM
  #25
mzappa
Jets fans in space
 
mzappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,781
vCash: 50
Yes. Put him in, might light a fire under some butts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Chuck View Post
Sheifele may be an improvement in the areas of conditioning and giving a ****, as well.

Throw him in, keep Redmond, Wright and Postma in there and make some of the veteran players question their place on this team.

mzappa is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.