01-29-2013, 12:19 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utterly Disgusting View Post
Here's the tweet, I was thinking of.

Chase Latvaaho ‏@CLatvaaho
@Russostrib so Who Would you want in return for setoguchi if Chuck decides to go the trade route
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
18h Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib
@CLatvaaho If they make a trade like that, my guess is it would be for draft picks, etc. the goal would be to bring up zucker, etc
I haven't seen that one. I just remember an article from Russo a few days ago discussing Despres and Seto.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:26 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
Draft picks? Really? I mean, we probably don't want to admit it, but we're a little bit in "win now mode" right?
Draft picks doesn't mean you're giving up. Wild have a full roster and are full on contracts.

In another 5-10 games, we'll see if the team can make any noise with this roster or not. It may be time to turn them over to the kids (Coyle, Zucker, Larsson) sooner rather than later.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:31 PM
Nsjohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Draft picks doesn't mean you're giving up. Wild have a full roster and are full on contracts.

In another 5-10 games, we'll see if the team can make any noise with this roster or not. It may be time to turn them over to the kids (Coyle, Zucker, Larsson) sooner rather than later.
This is the truth. And I have no problem rooting for rookies- in fact it would temper my expectations and be a little more fun. Did you see that game Yakapov scored the tying goal? I want that kind of energy on this team.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:56 PM
THEALLKNOWING*

Quote:
Draft picks? Really? I mean, we probably don't want to admit it, but we're a little bit in "win now mode" right?
Personally, as a Wild STH since the beginning, I am definitely in the win now mode! The window of opportunity may be shorter that people think. A lot of the Wild's top players are already in the 28-30 year age brackett. I would think they are pretty much around their peak. Mikko, Gilbert, Parise, Suter. Fletch has done a good job filing the bare cupboards with draft picks, but some of those players will have to be used as trade chips.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:04 PM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEALLKNOWING View Post
Personally, as a Wild STH since the beginning, I am definitely in the win now mode! The window of opportunity may be shorter that people think. A lot of the Wild's top players are already in the 28-30 year age brackett. I would think they are pretty much around their peak. Mikko, Gilbert, Parise, Suter. Fletch has done a good job filing the bare cupboards with draft picks, but some of those players will have to be used as trade chips.
I am intrigued. You're a STH yet you're in Lebanon....

Old
01-29-2013, 05:25 PM
Nsjohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
I am intrigued. You're a STH yet you're in Lebanon....
Private jet.

Old
01-29-2013, 06:01 PM
saywut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
If the Wild go for draft picks, it's to free up a contract spot.

They are going to need to make a decision on Prosser soon as well. Can't just send him to the minors. They need a contract spot. Maybe they waive Falk instead...he's a better D-man but would be more likely to get claimed and open up that roster/contract spot.
Well quite a few teams carry 13 + 8 so the decision doesn't really need to be made on Prosser, especially with the uncertainty going forward with our defense(Brodin struggling would get him demoted, Scandella's health is a concern). Meanwhile Kassian's not doing anything in the pressbox and we've got Konopka who's not afraid of anyone. If we're bringing up Zucker to play on the 2nd line someone's coming out too, likely the 11th forward because Konopka's the 12th but we need him in. That would be that great() free agent signing of Torrey Mitchell. Waive him, hope Columbus claims him and takes that contract off our hands. Don't care that its only been 5 games, he was never worthy of 3 years or 1.75M per season and the fact that he's our worst winger on a team that has 1 line scoring supports that.

Quote:
Contract limit, coupled with alot of young players who our coaching staff/GM think will be ready pretty quickly. Don't really want to clog up roster spots anymore than we already have. Though a guy like Despres would be nice.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:41 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by saywut View Post
Contract limit, coupled with alot of young players who our coaching staff/GM think will be ready pretty quickly. Don't really want to clog up roster spots anymore than we already have. Though a guy like Despres would be nice.
Plenty of ways to open up roster and contract spots without trading Setoguchi for futures.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:58 PM
saywut

Quote:
Plenty of ways to open up roster and contract spots without trading Setoguchi for futures.
OK, but what do we want? A winger that can score goals? Weird, you'd think a team trading that wouldn't be inquiring on Setoguchi. A top-4 d-man? If we're healthy and Brodin continues to play well I don't really see the need, nor do I see a team giving us a significantly better d-man than Scandella/Spurgeon/Brodin/Gilbert for Setoguchi.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:07 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by saywut View Post
OK, but what do we want? A winger that can score goals? Weird, you'd think a team trading that wouldn't be inquiring on Setoguchi. A top-4 d-man? If we're healthy and Brodin continues to play well I don't really see the need, nor do I see a team giving us a significantly better d-man than Scandella/Spurgeon/Brodin/Gilbert for Setoguchi.
Then don't trade Setoguchi.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:25 PM
saywut

Quote:
Then don't trade Setoguchi.
Well, he's still on the roster and I do expect him to stay for now. Though I can't say I'd be disappointed if he was dealt for futures, assuming they were decent. Never been a fan and he's certainly underwhelming right now.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:11 AM
centcougar07

Here's a tweet from Seto. Wonder if fans on twitter are on his ass?

https://twitter.com/Dsetoguchi10/sta...86878780198913

I'm in the boat that says keep Seto. He's not as bad as his numbers (or lack there of) suggest so far this year. And if you watch him play he's working really hard and trying to create chances. He just needs to finish on his opportunities and his line needs to start gelling a little more. Granlund has had a couple bad games. He was better tonight but he needs to keep improving. I also think it would be in his best interest to be moved to the wing to take some of the pressure off of him. Just let him ease into the NHL game a little slower that way.

Last edited by centcougar07: 01-30-2013 at 01:17 AM.
Old
01-30-2013, 02:24 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Seto would put up better numbers if he actually had a capable center centering him. Granlund isn't that center right now.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:57 AM
Ovechkid08

I never got the Seto hate on this board, a few of the typical haters jumped on him to blame for last year just like they do every year, but he has hustled every single night for the Wild. The points aren't there right now but that is to be expected this early and the chances have been there as well. Seto's physical play and speed seem terrific this year but the same old problem remains of a lack of possession. Fix the zone entry for that line and it will thrive.

As far as possible trades I think it might be worth considering Gilbert+prospect for an upgraded #3 defenseman. I know almost no one considers Gilbert on the block but, lets be honest his value was Schultz, a guy like Goligoski would be excellent to help build a cup team.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:25 AM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkid08 View Post
I never got the Seto hate on this board, a few of the typical haters jumped on him to blame for last year just like they do every year, but he has hustled every single night for the Wild. The points aren't there right now but that is to be expected this early and the chances have been there as well. Seto's physical play and speed seem terrific this year but the same old problem remains of a lack of possession. Fix the zone entry for that line and it will thrive.

As far as possible trades I think it might be worth considering Gilbert+prospect for an upgraded #3 defenseman. I know almost no one considers Gilbert on the block but, lets be honest his value was Schultz, a guy like Goligoski would be excellent to help build a cup team.
No. Just No. Just because Schultz -> Gilbert doesn't mean Schultz = Gilbert.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:45 AM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Seto would put up better numbers if he actually had a capable center centering him. Granlund isn't that center right now.
Seto had a couple opportunities in last nights game from Granlund. Granlund isn't the problem. If Seto is a sniper, then snipe already.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:23 AM
nickschultzfan

Quick, trade Granlund to the Habs for Plekanec!

Kidding.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:33 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Seto isn't the problem...he should be the third best guy on a line and so far he's either been the first or second best.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:23 PM
saywut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkid08 View Post

Yeah Seto hustles, great. So do the other 11 forwards on this team. The effort is there, has been there every game. Its the execution that is the problem. Is Seto the only one struggling in that aspect? No, but from a trade perspective he'd make more sense to deal than the other players on our team. Though personally I don't see a trade coming right now. Perhaps roster shuffling to give Zucker a look, but not a trade.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:32 PM
ShutDownDefense
Wild Time!

We've got enough scoring forwards to put in the net. First line is good, we just need secondary scoring from them. All of them just need to find some chemistry. 4th line is A-ok, need to re-arrange 2nd and 3rd lines until we find something that works.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:26 PM
Sharppi
Nothing to see here

I posted into Value of: Ovechkin -thread and I'm immediately regretting it even before getting any responses.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:41 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I just hope we keep our prospects. Seto for Despres is fine by me.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:48 AM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharppi View Post
I posted into Value of: Ovechkin -thread and I'm immediately regretting it even before getting any responses.
I was looking for a Wild proposal, and honestly, yours isn't that bad.

What was it, Heatley + Brodziak + Scandella + 2013 1st?

That...is not bad at all. If there was any inkling that Ovi could get back to his 40+ goal form, I would do that trade. It sucks to drop a 1st rounder, and Ovi is vastly overpaid for his current performance, but hey, he could return to form. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery.

Plus, Minnesota has better fans than Washington, anyway

Old
02-01-2013, 09:57 AM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
Yea, I don't think there is any way Washington would accept that deal.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:59 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
Yea, I don't think there is any way Washington would accept that deal.
Ya think???

Closed Thread